Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 2/13/2008 1:05:00 AM

I LOVE this product, I use it with the Clinique perfectly real makeup, and being extremely fair { almost like Milk! haha} I always had a hard time finding a good powder & foundation being able to apply a good amount and NOT look orange, yellow or green, covergirl, maybelline, rimmel london nothing was working( not that those are bad brands, just the powders & liquids did not work for me, I still love my CVS makeup :P).. My boyfriend and I were at the mall, he bought me some Clinique Perfectly real makeup & Stay-matte sheer pressed powder and they work AMAZINGLY, No redness, no cakeyness, smooth, no oil for about 4-5 hours, and exceptionally soft radiant skin without looking orange, so I can FINALLY stop asking people if I look orange :) HIGHLY recommended! MAJOR must try.

on 2/7/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is the best pressed powder for my combination skin. I use it as part of a 3 step system: 1) clinique pore instant perfecter 2) cover girl smoothers tinted moisturizer (may also try it w/ different TM, laura mercier is in the mail :) 3) stay matte powder. I am planning on buying another one so I can have one at home and in my purse. The best, just wish it had spf, but I have that in my moisturizer so no biggie.

on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got "101 invisible matte" but even Clinique's most translucent shade isn't cool-undertone-compatible :-p
The compact is really pretty at least.
My face got oily again after 2 hours and then sadly touch-ups cause my face to look cakey and gross.

I like it better than the regular powder, but it's still not going to be a staple in my purse; I will probably never buy it again.

on 1/27/2008 12:43:00 AM

I have this in Stay Neutral. I use it in my t-zone over my MAC Studio Fix foundation to help keep shine away because my t-zone gets very oily throughout the day. The color matches my skin really well, and blends with my foundation well too. It doesn't work for me alone as a foundation because it is very powdery, its not a more creamy powder like MAC Studio Fix or the Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and because it wears off easily when I wear it alone. But in my t-zone over my foundation it is perfect!

on 1/25/2008 8:45:00 PM

I really didnt like this compact. The powder was way too condensed for me and left my face looking far too made up. It didnt do anything to prevent an oily appearance either from what I noticed. Half way through the day I was blotting the oil from my skin so the shine absorbing aspect of this powder was lost on me. I perfer to use a loose powder for more sheer coverage as opposed to the thick, caked on coverage I got from this powder.

on 1/8/2008 9:28:00 PM

This is my favorite pressed powder so far. The most important factor for me was that its oil-free. I have the color 'Stay neutral' which is actually a really fair beige. I'm afraid I got more tan and its too light for me now. I also got a terrible color match by the Clinique lady at the counter. Oh well, it still has great coverage, not too heavy, not too light. It's my saviour when I need to get rid of my oily t-zone. I always make sure I blot first with johnson's blue blot paper then I put this on and I feel great. The "poof puff" thing that comes with it is really cool too, it feels like a little sponge. make sure to wash it often! Also, the compact itself is really pretty and green.

on 1/4/2008 1:04:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this! I have this in Stay Neutral and I think that it's perfect! I've tried using this with a powder brush and with the thing that comes in it. I kinda like the 'thing'. I wash it often and have not had a problem with breakouts. I just have to make sure that I moisturize well so it doesn't look flaky, but other than that....it's GREAT! Will repurchase.

on 1/3/2008 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

on 12/31/2007 1:29:00 PM

I really like this product although I've only been using it for 3 days.

I had been using Bobby Brown powder, but I think my shade match was off.

Stay Matte powder gives good coverage alone or with foundation ( I am using the Clinique Clarifying Foundation).

It can look chalky if you use too much, so I only do a light sweeping w/ a large powder brush. It does control my oiliness and sets my makeup well. It's been 5 hours and I haven't had to blot yet!! :)

The color is good for me in the winter, but I will have to get a little bit darker shade for summer.

I think this may be my HG powder.

on 12/30/2007 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this powder. my shade is stay spice and it matches my skin tone perfectly and never looks ashy, chalky or cakey. HG for me!