October 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 3:16:00 AM More reviews by supercalifragilous

Have a wedding to go to? Getting married yourself? GET THIS. I've been using this for years now and I'm still on the original container. I might be down a layer or two of balls but that's it. This stuff lasts forever in the box.

I've tried other brands=every time another line comes out with their "finishing powder" I always compare it to Guerlain but nothing else comes close. Anything else is a cheap knockoff. This stuff is the HOLY GRAIL. All the others are either too glittery, too shimmery, scratchy/not finely milled, or just plain dull. This stuff is spectacular for that "soft focus" glow. The PERFECT balance for everything.

Those who don't see anything should maybe view themselves under different lighting, or use another application technique. One SA gave me a great tip - always use the same brush with this product. Switching brushes from using the Meteorites to regular powder back to the Meteorites will actually coat the balls with the alternate powder, dulling the effect of the Meteorites.

Don't bother with the Guerlain brush. The best effect is had by using a dense, kabuki-type brush. A fluffy brush will make the powder fly instead of landing on your face.

When swirling the brush on top of the balls, use your hand to cup over it to keep the powder from flying. It will also help any flying powder to deposit back onto the brush.

This is a finishing powder - those who use this for regular powder will be disappointed unless they already have flawless skin and don't need any coverage. Even the Beige Chic is very thin coverage. It is good for softening and blending harsh lines in addition to imparting the glow, although it is clear why the original powder is the mainstay of the Meteorites - it is the best at achieving the soft focus glow.

Think of this as an investment - it may be shocking to some to spend so much at once but keep in mind this will last a very LONG time, even if you use it on a daily basis. You might spend less on other competitors' knockoffs but nothing comes close to comparing to Guerlain.

Personally, my only complaint about this product is the scent - I HATE IT, but obviously it appeals to many others on these boards. Unfortunately for me, the scent is still as strong as the day I got it YEARS ago. I suppose that's a testament to the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 2:56:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, i'm impressed with this product! I bought it based on the reviews here. When I first tried it at the store, I didn't really like it since somehow it made my face very sparkly. I bought it anyway because the multi coloured balls looked so cute, and the smell was just divine (sweet candied violets.. mmmh...). However, when I tried it at home, I was like "What the..." since it looked like I was wearing nothing, I couldn't see anything really! That was weird, first too sparkly, and then nothing. Anyway, I met some friends that night while I was still wearing the product, and they all commented on my skin! "You look so pretty tonight!" "What did you do to your skin?" "Your skin is glowing!" etc. etc. I couldn't believe it! So I guess it works after all, although I can't really see it. It's been a week now since I bought it, and I still get compliments. I've noticed that les meteorites did give my face a nice, "soft focus" look. I think it works best if I just put on a little bit of my MAC Select concealer after moisturiser, and then directly brush on a little bit of les meteorites, without any other powder first. That way, it looks like I have nothing on, just naturally flawless skin! Sometimes I do use a little bit of powder underneath or a bit of foundation and concealer if I'm going out at night, and I'll look really polished. It's expensive but I know it will last for ages, so that's alright. Only one rant... why cardboard? :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cobweb_of_forever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5
Buy again? Yes.

This is my HG powder that I've used to replace loose powder. I use it over sunscreen when I don't put on makeup and my skin looks healthy. Over LM oil-free foundation, it's amazing! It's so subtle but you just know the difference. I have it in compact form too (rather expensive at Sing$198). Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It took almost 2 years to convince myself to shell out the money for this product. I finally saw it as a set on QVC where it came with an application brush. The brush is a major key in the proper application of Meteorites. I tried to apply with the puff it came with and the difference was HUGE! The puff is completely unacceptable. Throw it away! The Guerlain brush is awesome, but maybe any soft, large, face powder brush will work well. I have the original color (Mythic), and am very impressed with the flawless finish it gave my skin. I do not know how it works, but somehow, it evened out all of my imperfections. Dark spots, ruddiness, acne scars (I have applied it over my Bare Minerals Foundation, which offers medium coverage and spray-on foundation). My makeup/skincare goal is always to get a flawless complexion. This has helped me make a big step in getting there (or fooling people into thinking I am there). Do not be put off by the high price. This jar of balls seems to last forever. I have been using it for over 6 months, and it still looks practically unused. Although the package it comes in is pretty, the fact that it is a cardboard container feels cheap and flimsy. By the way, my Mom and Aunt saw me on days I had my Meterites on, and both commented on how great my skin looked and how lucky I was that I did not have to wear make-up on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 6:42:00 AM More reviews by makeupadorer

This is the best finishing powder on the market! I have it Mythic (original), Beige Chic and Pink Fresh. Mythic is perfect for everday - it evens out skin tone and leaves a soft glow. Beige Chic is quite simply beige and chic - its slighty more shimmery but the overall result is very polished and sophisticated - perfect for nights out but I often wear it in the day (even out doing grocery shopping) and it makes me look like I have perfect skin. Pink Fresh literally freshens up the complexion and makes you look lovely and healthy. I used it over my tan on holiday and it worked very well. I love all these three versions of meteorites and highly recommend all and any of them to anyone who is hesitating to splurge on them. They don't come cheap but think of them as an investment in yourself and they will last about 2 years I would think. They also smell gorgeous and despite the container being cardboard it is very sturdy and very pretty. They retail for about 27 but I picked one set up from Heathrow Duty Free for 23 and another from Athens Airport Duty Free for 21. I also bought the brush (duty free too) - it's very pretty but not very effective or soft. Any powder brush or generous blush brush would do a good job on these and the Mac#187 (stippling brush) is perfect for them. If you have good skin then these and concealer is all you need. I have very blotchy skin and since using these I have been able to reduce the amount of foundation I use and look and feel much prettier.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Ulakie

I love this powder!!! Although it costs a fortune at Australian counters - i purchased it off the net and is was DEFINATELY worth it!!! For my PPP skin it is beautiful, extremely light and doesnt appear like powder on the skin at all! Controls my oily t zone like a dream....although i dont really notice its highlighting effects, it does give a slight glow - which i guess helps it to not look powdery. I also love the packaging - even if it is cardboard. I also love it ove rblush to blend it a bit better.....Its my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 8:07:00 PM More reviews by berujung

This is one of my best investment (on cosmetic). Love how it made my face glow unlike a normal face powder. Will definately repurchase..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by NorthernStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally bought this the other day (thank you ebay) after lemming it for ages.

I agree with the reviewers who have said that it is a very subtle effect but noticable compared to when you are not wearing it.

I find it great to use as a 'finishing' powder over my blush/bronzing powder (depending on my mood ;) ) and it really does add a glow.
I would re-purchase, but don't see that being an issue for *ages* yet. The balls are . . . interesting. I've already managed to make one go bouncing across the bathroom so that is definitely something to be aware of. I don't think they would travel well.
The only *real* isssue I have (I can just be more careful about dropping the balls lol ) is the scent. It is pretty overpowering in the container but luckily fades upon application which I was very grateful for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sheherezade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't see what all the rave is about. I have the original meteorites and it does nothing special for my skin. The packaging is cute but not very practical. It's hard to swirl your brush or the accompanying puff in the box without little balls flying everywhere. The scent is heavenly, but overall I find this to be a vaste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up last year at Disney World. I like this highlighter just fine, but only gave it 4 lippies due to the cost. I have a medium olive complexsion and it looks great on my skin. I use a skunk brush to highlight with. The scent is divine.