July 22, 2014 | 2376 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It took almost 2 years to convince myself to shell out the money for this product. I finally saw it as a set on QVC where it came with an application brush. The brush is a major key in the proper application of Meteorites. I tried to apply with the puff it came with and the difference was HUGE! The puff is completely unacceptable. Throw it away! The Guerlain brush is awesome, but maybe any soft, large, face powder brush will work well. I have the original color (Mythic), and am very impressed with the flawless finish it gave my skin. I do not know how it works, but somehow, it evened out all of my imperfections. Dark spots, ruddiness, acne scars (I have applied it over my Bare Minerals Foundation, which offers medium coverage and spray-on foundation). My makeup/skincare goal is always to get a flawless complexion. This has helped me make a big step in getting there (or fooling people into thinking I am there). Do not be put off by the high price. This jar of balls seems to last forever. I have been using it for over 6 months, and it still looks practically unused. Although the package it comes in is pretty, the fact that it is a cardboard container feels cheap and flimsy. By the way, my Mom and Aunt saw me on days I had my Meterites on, and both commented on how great my skin looked and how lucky I was that I did not have to wear make-up on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 6:42:00 AM More reviews by makeupadorer

This is the best finishing powder on the market! I have it Mythic (original), Beige Chic and Pink Fresh. Mythic is perfect for everday - it evens out skin tone and leaves a soft glow. Beige Chic is quite simply beige and chic - its slighty more shimmery but the overall result is very polished and sophisticated - perfect for nights out but I often wear it in the day (even out doing grocery shopping) and it makes me look like I have perfect skin. Pink Fresh literally freshens up the complexion and makes you look lovely and healthy. I used it over my tan on holiday and it worked very well. I love all these three versions of meteorites and highly recommend all and any of them to anyone who is hesitating to splurge on them. They don't come cheap but think of them as an investment in yourself and they will last about 2 years I would think. They also smell gorgeous and despite the container being cardboard it is very sturdy and very pretty. They retail for about 27 but I picked one set up from Heathrow Duty Free for 23 and another from Athens Airport Duty Free for 21. I also bought the brush (duty free too) - it's very pretty but not very effective or soft. Any powder brush or generous blush brush would do a good job on these and the Mac#187 (stippling brush) is perfect for them. If you have good skin then these and concealer is all you need. I have very blotchy skin and since using these I have been able to reduce the amount of foundation I use and look and feel much prettier.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Ulakie

I love this powder!!! Although it costs a fortune at Australian counters - i purchased it off the net and is was DEFINATELY worth it!!! For my PPP skin it is beautiful, extremely light and doesnt appear like powder on the skin at all! Controls my oily t zone like a dream....although i dont really notice its highlighting effects, it does give a slight glow - which i guess helps it to not look powdery. I also love the packaging - even if it is cardboard. I also love it ove rblush to blend it a bit better.....Its my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 8:07:00 PM More reviews by berujung

This is one of my best investment (on cosmetic). Love how it made my face glow unlike a normal face powder. Will definately repurchase..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by NorthernStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally bought this the other day (thank you ebay) after lemming it for ages.

I agree with the reviewers who have said that it is a very subtle effect but noticable compared to when you are not wearing it.

I find it great to use as a 'finishing' powder over my blush/bronzing powder (depending on my mood ;) ) and it really does add a glow.
I would re-purchase, but don't see that being an issue for *ages* yet. The balls are . . . interesting. I've already managed to make one go bouncing across the bathroom so that is definitely something to be aware of. I don't think they would travel well.
The only *real* isssue I have (I can just be more careful about dropping the balls lol ) is the scent. It is pretty overpowering in the container but luckily fades upon application which I was very grateful for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sheherezade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't see what all the rave is about. I have the original meteorites and it does nothing special for my skin. The packaging is cute but not very practical. It's hard to swirl your brush or the accompanying puff in the box without little balls flying everywhere. The scent is heavenly, but overall I find this to be a vaste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up last year at Disney World. I like this highlighter just fine, but only gave it 4 lippies due to the cost. I have a medium olive complexsion and it looks great on my skin. I use a skunk brush to highlight with. The scent is divine.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by grenadine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay I finally gave in & bought this product, seing it's probably one of Guerlain's most popular products. But I actually bought the LE Spring 2005 one in "Beige Chic 03" cos I'm quite fair. I'm a bit disappointed actually although the packaging looks nice on the outside...it's basically just cardboard! :S I do however like the famous Guerlain 'violet scent', but AUD$115 is way too much IMHO!! cosidering it doesn't really do much for my skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mollili

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been hearing all the raves about this product I dont know why I waited for ages to get this,I just love love love it. I am an asian with pale to medium skin tone, it works wonder on my skin. I put it on top of my forehead, cheek bone and chin on top of my Laura Mercier loose powder (our humidity is too high for not powdering your face first), I could see the glow, subtle yet polished, even my boyfriend gave me comment like 'have you just went to do facial?', which I didn't of course. This is my biggest discovery of the year and I am ready to grab the beige chic and rose chic as well, they are expensive right, but these are the magic powder that I have been looking for, think *investment*!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Cosmic_GIrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it in the morning all over my face to perk me up and whenever I'm going out. I find that the different colours work to even out my complexion though it does not cover any serious blemishes. Also does not contribute to oiliness.
I bought it once many years ago and even with almost daily use I have only just run out and had to go buy a replacement. It is pricey but I thik that it's worth it, espeically since it lasts so long. The packaging has gotten better as well. It still looks lovely though the container seems a bit sturdier now. But only time will tell how well it will hold up. Some people have complained about the smell. It's never bothered me. I don't notice it once I've applied it. I would definitely reccomend this.