LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/30/2010 12:46:00 PM

I used to use MAC Cosmetics make up remover wipes but I found that I had to use several sheets to get my face clean, and even then it didn't all come off. I've been using Ultra Bland for about a year now and this stuff is pretty amazing. I smear it all over my face and then I wipe it off gently using a damp cloth. Sometimes I have to put on extra Ultra Bland on my eyes if I've applied my makeup heavily, but what I love about Ultra Bland is that I don't break out after using it. The only problem about this stuff is that it is really expensive. I've bought it three times... and now I'm done with it. At $30/tub, I'd rather use coconut oil or olive oil as a makeup remover.

Afterwards, I wash my face with Buche de Noel to get all the makeup off and I apply a light moisturizer (Winter skin regime). In the summer I find that I don't have to wash afterward or moisturize. Depends on where you live... I'm in Calgary, Alberta. It's dry here.

on 12/26/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

For me there are 2 main uses for this product, even though it's probably even more versatile than that:
1) removing make-up - It works really well when you rub it all over your face and remove with a cotton pad (for me slightly moist with water or toner glides on much better than with a dry cotton pad). I find that the make-up tends to transfer itself all to the cotton pad, but you might need at least 2. However I didn't enjoy adding water and having it dry on my face, so I tried a facial cloth instead and it works like a charm, you don't have to add water, the make up comes out beautifully.
As I don't wear that much make-up these days and I still had about a pot full of Ultrabland I decided to start using it as:
2) a morning cleanser - my skin is combination dry but in these winter days I wake up and my skin craves the warm touch of Ultrabland. I just rub a little over my face, sometimes I massage it, and remove with the dry wash-cloth. I find that it doesn't require such a rich moisturiser afterwards. Obviously not something for girls that like to remove all traces of the cleanser! For me, it's working like a charm and I actually noticed the PORES on my cheeks and nose getting smaller and my nose seems to produce less oil and get less clogged. I'm guessing that this being a really rich and oily cleanser, it works a little like the Oil cleansing method - adding oil will help produce less oil (?)
Either way, I'm hooked and I definitely plan to buy this again to use, at least, in colder months.

on 12/23/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. One of the first Lush products I absolutely HATE! The texture/smell/breakouts galore. hate hate hate this stuff. I was told by the sales associate that this would be great for removing all my makeup, and that it would extract all my blackheads. More like give me 3 times the amount I already had! The consistency is thick and greasy. I rubbed it all over to loosen my eye and face makeup and tried to wash it off. Wouldn't budge. I had to scrub all the gunk off with a wash cloth. Not something I want to do every night - very wasteful. I thought of it as kind of a Pond's cold cream type, not as a cleanser at all. The day after using I got little red bumps all over my face. The next day they developed into large white heads. Not attractive at all. I also started using a new moisturizer the same day, so I wasn't sure what was causing the massive breakouts. So I switched to using Ultrabland as just an eye makeup remover, and sure enough the rest of my skin cleared up, except new pimples under my eye and upper eye lid - a place I neverrr break out. Stopped using this altogether 2 nights ago and my skin is almost back to it's original state. Anyone with acne-prone skin - stay far far away from this disaster!

on 11/24/2010 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Upon purchase I did not realise one of the main ingredients of this product was peanut oil. If I had known that then, I would never have purchased Ultrabland and never have discovered such a wonderful product. I use ultrabland solely for taking of makeup, and use an additional product as a cleanser. Although this product does not remove waterproof mascara or eyeliner completely, it achieves a pretty good result. Other makeup removers are harsh on the skin, however Ultrabland takes off makeup and leaves the skin feeling amazing!

on 11/18/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great cleanser. Removes everything and only down side is it leaves skin a little oily. Have to wash face and scrub with towel to get sticky oilyness off. Would definitely re purchase

on 10/18/2010 3:28:00 AM

I love Lush, but I was very disappointed by this product. It removes foundation, eyeliner, and eyeshadow quite well, but not mascara. You have to rub your eyes for a long time to get your mascara off when using this cleanser, and I always end up losing two or three lashes, which I hate.

At least it is not tested on animals and doesnt make your eyes sting, though.

on 9/22/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay, so to all the people who felt this product feels greasy.. I agree.. It's because you've used water to take the product off of your face. I know the directions mention using a dampened cotton wool to wipe it off, but that isn't correct.

A saleslady at Lush told me not to ever mix the product with water. You only need to apply it on your face..massage it for a while and then wipe it off with a 'dry' cotton wool. It takes away all the make-up and leaves the skin soo smooth!

Try it. It works. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

There is definitely good and bad here. I bought Ultrabland to use as a makeup remover prior to my clinique 3-step skincare regime, which does not remove makeup. The good news is that I have never felt that ultrabland is too oily for me. I have combination skin that's a little dry in places and I'm prone to constant hormonal breakouts in certain regions, so while oiliness isn't a problem for me in itself it doesn't help with the acne. But this has never made me break out, especially since I follow it with my clinique.

The bad news is that it doesn't actually remove my makeup as well as I thought it would. It makes short work of most makeup, everything on the face, but I was told by the employees and reviews that this would melt my eye makeup away, and it's taking an awful lot of ultrabland and scrubbing to get rid of it all. Since I started using this instead of some garnier liquid eye makeup remover, I'm finding little panda-eyes of makeup the ultrabland didn't get every morning, unless I stand there for two minutes scrubbing at it like heck.

I'm still going to repurchase because I love the smell, and the job it does on the rest of my face, but I am disappointed.

on 9/1/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my one and only makeup remover! Love using this! The only drawback and what I had to get use to is how oily/greasy it is. But, that's what removes the makeup. I have to use hot, hot water to remove from my skin so as to not feel greasy afterwards.

on 8/30/2010 9:35:00 PM

I've re-bought this about 3 times. I really do love it. I tend to stray on occasion, but I always come back. really does a great job of removing makeup and leaving skin feeling moisturized. Hate the jar it comes in though.