LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 3/30/2011 12:01:00 AM

I am devoted to Ultra Bland! I originally bought the 1.5 oz container, which lasted me a few months. Not only will it remove the smokiest of eye makeup in a gentle manner... it also deep cleanses and literally rejuvenates my entire face. If you have flakes or scarring, this is the product for you - soooo soothing! It leaves dry skin feeling like SILK. I just re-purchased the 3.5 oz container. :)

on 3/20/2011 3:01:00 PM

I have really dry skin and even this is way too oily for me. I found it felt really heavy on my skin. I removed it with cotton wool and then used a toner after and my skin still felt really greasy. I definitely wouldn't use this before putting on make-up. I think I'll save it for night time.

I use this strictly for eye make-up removal. I love to wear lots of mascara. I love my black eye liner. I LOVE eyeshadow. But it's usually always been a big pain to remove. Ultrabland is my HG make-up remover forever and ever. I can't say enough good things about it !!

I take a small amount and massage into the eye area. I then take a warm wet washcloth and pat it onto my eyes. I gently and slowly wipe it off.. and BAM. Eye make-up is completely gone! Because the cleanser turns into an oil-like substance when it's massaged into the skin, I find it to be very moisturizing and soothing on the eye area. It also melts that make-up like nothing else.

on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 PM

As a cleanser, I can see how this would work for someone with dry skin, but its a bit heavy for me, as far as everyday use is concerned. I use it once a week, rub it into my skin and wipe off with some cotton pads soaked in rose water...its so moisturizing I dont have to use anything later...
it works great as a makeup remover, but its too greasy, and it causes milia bumps around my eye area, so that was the end of that. Its taking me forever to finish up the pot as a once a week night time deep cleanser...oh and by the way I have the old formula that smells like peanut oil...and its ...ok...
As far as I'm concerned there are better Lush products out there, so i wont be buying this again.

on 1/14/2011 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think good/bad reviews depend on what kind of skin type you have. I use this as a cleanser, and not a make-up remover as it's not great for removing waterproof mascara. This is the type of cleaner is great to use if you have dry and sensitive skin. If you have the above, try it and you won't be disappointed! Otherwise if you have oily/greasy skin, I would recommend to try something else.

on 1/8/2011 10:48:00 PM

I use this as an eye make up remover. It is so fabulous!!!

The tiniest bit removes any eye make up I wear and it's so gentle. Smells and feels great.

Highly recommend!!

on 12/30/2010 12:46:00 PM

I used to use MAC Cosmetics make up remover wipes but I found that I had to use several sheets to get my face clean, and even then it didn't all come off. I've been using Ultra Bland for about a year now and this stuff is pretty amazing. I smear it all over my face and then I wipe it off gently using a damp cloth. Sometimes I have to put on extra Ultra Bland on my eyes if I've applied my makeup heavily, but what I love about Ultra Bland is that I don't break out after using it. The only problem about this stuff is that it is really expensive. I've bought it three times... and now I'm done with it. At $30/tub, I'd rather use coconut oil or olive oil as a makeup remover.

Afterwards, I wash my face with Buche de Noel to get all the makeup off and I apply a light moisturizer (Winter skin regime). In the summer I find that I don't have to wash afterward or moisturize. Depends on where you live... I'm in Calgary, Alberta. It's dry here.

on 12/26/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

For me there are 2 main uses for this product, even though it's probably even more versatile than that:
1) removing make-up - It works really well when you rub it all over your face and remove with a cotton pad (for me slightly moist with water or toner glides on much better than with a dry cotton pad). I find that the make-up tends to transfer itself all to the cotton pad, but you might need at least 2. However I didn't enjoy adding water and having it dry on my face, so I tried a facial cloth instead and it works like a charm, you don't have to add water, the make up comes out beautifully.
As I don't wear that much make-up these days and I still had about a pot full of Ultrabland I decided to start using it as:
2) a morning cleanser - my skin is combination dry but in these winter days I wake up and my skin craves the warm touch of Ultrabland. I just rub a little over my face, sometimes I massage it, and remove with the dry wash-cloth. I find that it doesn't require such a rich moisturiser afterwards. Obviously not something for girls that like to remove all traces of the cleanser! For me, it's working like a charm and I actually noticed the PORES on my cheeks and nose getting smaller and my nose seems to produce less oil and get less clogged. I'm guessing that this being a really rich and oily cleanser, it works a little like the Oil cleansing method - adding oil will help produce less oil (?)
Either way, I'm hooked and I definitely plan to buy this again to use, at least, in colder months.

on 12/23/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow. One of the first Lush products I absolutely HATE! The texture/smell/breakouts galore. hate hate hate this stuff. I was told by the sales associate that this would be great for removing all my makeup, and that it would extract all my blackheads. More like give me 3 times the amount I already had! The consistency is thick and greasy. I rubbed it all over to loosen my eye and face makeup and tried to wash it off. Wouldn't budge. I had to scrub all the gunk off with a wash cloth. Not something I want to do every night - very wasteful. I thought of it as kind of a Pond's cold cream type, not as a cleanser at all. The day after using I got little red bumps all over my face. The next day they developed into large white heads. Not attractive at all. I also started using a new moisturizer the same day, so I wasn't sure what was causing the massive breakouts. So I switched to using Ultrabland as just an eye makeup remover, and sure enough the rest of my skin cleared up, except new pimples under my eye and upper eye lid - a place I neverrr break out. Stopped using this altogether 2 nights ago and my skin is almost back to it's original state. Anyone with acne-prone skin - stay far far away from this disaster!

on 11/24/2010 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Upon purchase I did not realise one of the main ingredients of this product was peanut oil. If I had known that then, I would never have purchased Ultrabland and never have discovered such a wonderful product. I use ultrabland solely for taking of makeup, and use an additional product as a cleanser. Although this product does not remove waterproof mascara or eyeliner completely, it achieves a pretty good result. Other makeup removers are harsh on the skin, however Ultrabland takes off makeup and leaves the skin feeling amazing!