April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this an a makeup remover. I wear double wear foundation and i'm looking for a good way to remove it before cleansing. I use fresh farmacy as a cleanser so i thought i'd give this a try as well. I smeared it all over my dry face, massaged in, then wiped off. It didn't remove all the foundation so I did it again. Still more makeup coming off. After reading more reviews about makeup removers i'm going to try Laventine's Olive Oil Forte cleanser. Seems like it would dissolve heavy duty makeup and sunscreen faster and easier.
UPDATE: I've been using the olive oil forte to remove makeup ( i highly recommend it) and then I dry my face and cleanse again with this. I like it a lot better this way. This has replaced fresh pharmacy as my cleanser. i massage it into my dry skin after removing my makeup and wipe away with a washcloth. There is no greasy feel or residue. Skin is very soft and supple and I follow with vanishing cream and my skin looks and feels even nicer. This routine also makes my heavy foundation look better. No breakouts so far that I think are related to this. UPDATE: HG Cleanser! The more I use this the more I like it. Best cleanser I've ever used. Lush products have saved my dry acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Lille_Kra

I don't think I'll bother even TRYING another cleanser EVER agein. This stuff has worked wonders on my very sensitive, rather acne-prone skin. Less acne, and though I might be imagining it, som of the red blotches on my cheeks that no make up can hide has diminished since I started using LUSH 5 months ago.
Not to mention that it realy gets the job done. And is gentle on the eyes.
I like the packaging alot. I find it practical and very clean and simple.
I'm on my second pot and will definetely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkat88

i really didnt know if i would like this product but now im sold. the fact that it felt like i was putting vaseline on my fice kinda freaked me out but when you wash it off with a damp towel your skin feels amazing and every trace of make up comes off sooo easy. i will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I haven't used this in awhile, but I used to use it as a mask. Years ago I had cystic acne and I would use the one from The Body Shop which was exactly like this. They discontinued it so I was thrilled when Lush came up with their version. If you massage it in and leave it on for awhile it is soothing to acne. Honey acts like an antibiotic. Then you need to use very warm water soaked cotton balls to remove all traces. Seeing this review makes me want to run out and get some! I love Lush!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ultra Bland is spelled with two words...not sure why it is listed as one for reviews?
Anyways, this stuff is amazing.
It smells lightly of honey and beeswax and has a nice creamy texture.
I've been using it to take my makeup off every night for the past 2 weeks, and I love the results. My skin feels clean and hydrated after I take it off, no irritation or anything. It removes my mascara really easily so I don't have to rub and rub.
Best of all, no break outs!
Last night I tried using my regular cleanser instead, and my skin instantly got red and irritated, not to mention that it didn't even take off all my makeup. And I woke up with a zit this morning. I will never go back to it.
I think I'm going to use ultra bland forever, I love it.
It also has many other uses, the SA's at Lush will tell you, you can use it as a moisturizer, lip balm, hair serum, etc. etc.
Try it!
Update: took off a lippie. After using this for a month I started to develop huge breakouts and my skin is feeling oily as ever. Had to discontinue use since I am pregnant and getting some hormonal acne. I will try again when my skin returns to normal and see if it continues to cause break outs.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Honneey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Skin

M.A.C - NC30
Clinique - Medium Beige

Very Dry, Sensitive, Not prone to breakouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Only got a sample to try but won't be buying a full size.

PROS
Little to no fragrance which is good for sensitive skins.

CONS
The sticky/hard formula was not to my liking. To hard to apply and WAY TOO HARD to get off. In the end, I still felt I had it on my skin even after taking it off with WARM WATER and using a toner afterwards.
Made a few pimples appear. And for me thats a big sign not to use again as Im not prone to them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the greatest eye makeup remover ever! I apply with my fingers and rub over makeup, then remove it with cotton pads soaked with eau roma water (toner by lush.) It's so gentle, and it doesn't hurt my eyes! I use it all over sometimes when I want to moisture that it leaves behind. It is a little tricky to use, but no more than most makeup removers. My little jar is lasting forever, so it's very economical. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i received a sample of ultrabland and used it for a week. i really wanted to like it after reading all of the great reviews. it was very moisturizing the first night i used it but seemed to be less so each passing day. it's still pretty moisturizing but not enough to make me the purchase. i didn't have any difficulties removing it, however, it didn't remove my mascara, which was disappointing. it didn't break me out, which is always a plus. it was nice but i think i'll stick with my current cleanser.

UPDATE: i came back. i decided to give this another try and my skin looks great. better than usual. it has been removing my mascara and eyeliner (when i wear it). it still doesn't break me out. i've using it for the last 5 months. highly recommend for dry skin. it's now my hg cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Dquinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. I use it at night before bed; I cleanse my face with this on a cotton pad and then I follow with the Lush Tea Tree toner. It is great for winter especially, when skin tends to be dry. It leave my face soft and clean! Plus it removes the heck out of eye makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lausiepoos

This is a terrific product. I've bought many tubs over the years, always coming back to it, and I can never understand why I strayed! This is how I use it. Apply a dime sized amount all over my face and eyes with my fingerips. Wipe off with a cotton pad sprayed with Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner. I then use another toner-soaked pad (usually a different toner) to get rid of all traces. My combination skin is clean but very soft and the softness lasts until the next morning. It is a bit fiddly and so I only use it for make-up removal at night, not for morning cleansing. I would love a pump action bottle, though.