LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 8/30/2010 9:35:00 PM

I've re-bought this about 3 times. I really do love it. I tend to stray on occasion, but I always come back. really does a great job of removing makeup and leaving skin feeling moisturized. Hate the jar it comes in though.

on 8/18/2010 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works best purely as a makeup remover - I'd advise having a separate, lighter cleanser to use in the morning, as very few people will need something as heavy-duty as this for regular cleansing. For removing makeup, though, this is a truly amazing product.
I wear EL Double Wear foundation, which sets and stays put all day. A lot of cleansers and makeup removers struggle to get rid of it, as well as the colours I like to put on my eyes. Ultrabland cuts through it all easily, and even takes off waterproof mascara.
I can understand why some people might not like the scent or texture. It smells and feels pretty oily, but I have to say this doesn't bother me. Don't assume that just because it's oil based it won't work for combination or oily skin. My skin is combination and it works amazingly on me. It's never broken me out, even though my skin can be quite sensitive.
On the negative side, Lush suggests removing it with damp cotton wool. I did it this way for about half of the first pot I owned, but it's messy and too much of a hassle. Too often, I couldn't be bothered to use it and ended up reaching for a baby wipe instead. A dampened muslin cloth works a lot better. If, like me, you can't be bothered constantly washing muslin cloths, a baby wipe dampened under water will do the same job in a disposable form (maybe not so good for the environment, but...).
Ususally, heavy-duty effective makeup removers make my skin feel really tight and uncomfortable - I have to race to apply my moisturiser. This leaves my skin feeling really comfortable, as if it's already been moisturised. I have to remind myself to put moisturiser on after I use it.
I may be going mad, but I'm sure Lush used to sell this in a 250g size? Maybe not, but I wish they would, since the 100g pot only lasts me just over a month (yes I wear a lot of makeup!) and it would be handy not to have to schlepp into the city centre so often just to rebuy it. I also wish it was slightly cheaper. Because of the price, I still tend to experiment with other products from time to time. If they made it a few quid cheaper, I'd never stray!

on 8/9/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

HG for makeup removal! It takes everything off and adds moisture into your skin, leaving it feeling soft. At first it feels like your putting butter on your face, but even removes waterproof without stripping your skin. I will only use this for makeup removal.

on 8/8/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i really wanted to like this, however no amount of wiping or scrubbing would remove the slimy feeling from my face. then i realized the primary ingredient was PEANUT OIL, the same oil that chik-fil-a uses to fry chicken. EW. and it didn't even remove all my eye makeup. i returned it as soon as i could!

on 8/8/2010 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love multipurpose products and tried the sample of Ultrabland in the night in pack. First I put it on and tried to wash it off with water, but that left my skin with an oil slick. Second, I put it on dry skin and used wet cotton balls to wipe it off but I went through quite a few. Then, I used the muslin cloth that came with the Night in Pack but that was too abrasive for my skin. Finally, I've bought myself a wash cloth and remove Ultrabland after rubbing in a bit into wet skin and I love the results! It removes all traces of makeup and other gunk, makes my blackheads disappear, calms any trace of redness and blemishes right down, and leaves your skin soft and comfortable. You can moisturise if you need the extra moisture but otherwise this product is a makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturiser all in one hit! One lippy down because it takes a bit of time to use and I would only use it at night to remove makeup.

on 8/5/2010 8:22:00 PM

this is my HG skin care!

my uses:
-take makeup off
-general clenser
-face mask
-hand mask (when my hands feel dry i use a old pair of gloves and soak my hands in this)
-foot mask..same as above bt with socks
-cutical cream
-eyebrow shaper
-wen i twease my eye brows i put it on first
-hair wax
-on dry damaged hair for split ends
and many more

this product is amazing

on 8/3/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I don't only use ultrabland as a make-up remover, but as a cleanser for my whole face. I leaves my face soft and has a nice smell that reminds me a bit of honey. It also removes waterproof make-up.

on 8/3/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love cleansing my face with ultra bland in the drier winter months. I rub this all over my face then remove with a nice hot wash cloth. My skin feels so nice and smooth.

In the summer months, I put a layer of this over my face and then rub Ocean Salt on top. It feels amazing.

I feel like this is an effective makeup remover. I use this all over my face, and not just for my eyes. It's very gentle and it doesn't sting my eye area at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was actually told to use this to remove my eye make-up, but I've found that it work really well for foundation too. It does remove all my make up, and I have to use just a damp cloth to remove the product as I think it's peanut based, and it repels water. But even after removing it my skin feels a little greasy because some of the product is still on. So I just use an Olay Foaming Facial Wash to get rid of whats left of it :)

But overall, I really do like this product :)

on 8/1/2010 3:13:00 AM

After being away with work for a couple of months I arrived back home feeling very tired and I was in the search for a skincare line that would help my dull, sensitive, tired skin! I tried the neals yard rose cleanser and the frankisense moisturiser - both were great but didn't do the trick. I tried Mlab serum - my skin went haywire! I should really always test the product! Now I am using this cleanser and the decleor harmonie moisturiser and night balm and my serum is dr sebagh serum repair. This cleaner has definately helped my skin! It has restored my skin to its natural hydration. I much prefer this too the eve lom cleanser that will only give me bad skin - spots and sensitivety! Not cool! This will be my default cleanser from now on! I'm reading up about the Perricone MD and Institut Esthederm which all sound very good!