September 22, 2014 | 928 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by the_grump

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

started to use this about a week ago. Really effective make up remover and cleans deep down into pores. Great for removing spf! You do have to make the effort and remove it properly using a warm wash cloth/muslin. I take a little product warm in in my palms then spread onto a dry face and massage in, remove with a warm muslin and then follow up with lush's tee tree toner. Leaves my dry/combo skin clean and moisturised. Can't believe I didn't try this before!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by dottywine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

3 stars just because I found a LUSH product that cleans at least two times better than this one. Also, this one is so oily that there is no way I can use it twice a day. I have dry skin, people, okay? Maybe I am so dry that it is very hard for things to absorb into my skin. I don't know. I just know, I can't use this cleanser and do my routine as usual.

Very moisturizing. Perhaps too oily. Can only use once daily max.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by no_way_to_say

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product as a makeup remover and not a cleanser. I follow up with cleanser afterwards or it will be too oily for my acne prone skin. It works fantastic as a makeup remover. I use high protection waterproof sunscreen, primer, and Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation everyday and this makeup remover gets everything off. It also removes waterproof mascara. However, the one down side to this product, is that I have to use cotton pads to remove it. I use about 4 dry cotton pads to wipe the oils off, and then a warm wash cloth to wipe the residue. Then I follow up with cleanser. This is a bit annoying for days when I'm feeling lazy, so on those days I just use one of those cleansing oils which emulsifies when you add water (like MAC's cleanse off oil or the Origins Clean Energy). But on most days, I use Ultra bland as it is less drying and it has helped clean out my pores over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sillywahine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! my rescue to removing waterproof eye makeup. Plus it's SO easy to use! Just rub it into my eyes to dissolve all the makeup, and swipe with baby wipes or any other wet towlette! And that's it! So much better than using those greasy eye makeup removers. This is very moisturizing and doesn't leave my eyes feeling all greasy. Will use this for years to come!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

They said this is the best cleanser but it doesn't really remove my eye makeup so I use the one from the Body Shop to take care of that. Then I use Ultra Bland all over my face to take off my foundation, etc. and wipe it off. Then I use AoBS to clean. It seems like a lot of steps but I feel that just using AoBS on it's own does not really remove all my makeup. But if I just use Ultra Bland and not wash my face with a cleanser afterwards, I would just have this oily residue on my face which I find gross. And even using a toner after Ultra Bland, my face still doesn't feel as clean. I do like this as a pre-step before AoBS so I would get it again for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This was a no go for me. I purchased it thinking it would reduce the redness in my skin, and ensure all my make up was removed.

PROS: (1) Very soft nutty scent. (2) silky moist texture

CONS: (1) Too hard to remove! (2) contributed unnecessary extra oil to my combo skin. (3) broke me out after only 3 uses. (4) gave my skin moisture bumps.

This is not necessarily a bad product, just not good for me. I imagined it to be slicker to remove from my face, I dreamed it would melt off. However I found it futile to remove, even after using soap. It also gave me some bright red breakouts that thankfully went away a few days after. I suspect this product would be ideal for anyone with very dry skin.
Happy Shopping

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only cleanser that has ever gotten my face completely clean. I have very oily skin and it took years to dawn on me that simply trying to dry the skin out was not doing any good.

Using Ultrabland is similar to using a cold cream. If you find it too oily, follow it up with a toner or scrub. I use it on its own in the morning and with a scrub before bed. This is the only combo that has ever reduced my 10+ year battle with blackheads that didn't also fry the top layer of my skin. So yay. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

Ultrabland is an oil based cleanser designed primarily for dry skin. I think that only if your skin is incredibly dry should you use this stuff every day. Otherwise use it too take off your eyemakeup, or perhaps every few days use it to give some moisture to your skin. I find this cleanser particularly useful in the winter, when my skin is parched by the cold and the wind. At the moment (July) I use it alternately with Coalface, which seems to be working. I use this by smoothing it all over my skin, including my eyes and eyebrows. I then soak a cotton pad in water, wipe it off, then use another pad with toner to take off the rest. I don't need moisturiser, as my skin is moisturised by the oils enough, but dryer skin than mine might want it.

With regards to taking eye makeup off, it is dissolved by the oils and can then be removed by a cotton pad. I use UB on my eyes and eyebrows every day, as I find it makes my lashes and brows really thick and healthy. I think it's the honey. Also helps my bags.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Ultrabland only at night to remove my makeup, including eye makeup & mascara. It is FABULOUS! I absolutely love it & just bought my 2nd tub a week ago. The smaller size tub lasted 3 1/2 months. I use a pea size amount for each eye to remove eye makeup & an almond size amount on my entire face. I spread around in circles on a dry face for about a minute or two. Then remove with a hot wet washcloth & being gentle around the eye area. Then I spritz a LUSH toner on a cosmetic round about 5 times & remove any excess makeup & oils that the Ultrabland will leave behind. I then use Herbalism. It is a longer routine for me than any other facial cleanser I've used, but the results are so worth it! I have reviewed another cleanser that I used in the past saying it was the best cleanser I ever used. Well, that was before I discovered LUSH. Try this as a sample if you are curious but don't want to buy a full pot yet. I have combo skin - dry on nose & chin, but can also be oily on t-zone by end of day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Nymph33

I got this as a sample, so I haven't used it for an extended period. I suppose for a light cleanser it is okay. The only problem is that if you don't mind using not-so-organic there are a multitude of cheaper cleansers that work just the same, are just as tame, and extremely cheap. For example, Olay moisture-rich cleam cleanser for normal to dry skin is nearly identical in texture, smell (or lack there of) and effect. The same goes with the St. Ives makeup remover and Facial Cleanser. Because these are so inexpensive I prefer them over the Lush version. Yet, if you must have organic ect then there is nothing wrong with this other than the fact that it may be too tame.