MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 9/13/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

it's gorgeous from the inside out, the packaging is incredible but the product is so good too, i don't know why people are hating on this moisturizer/highlighter. it's wonderful for summer/spring days where u dont want to put on ur heavy moisturizer. it goes on like silk, feels like u have nothing on. i love it. use it under any foundation, improves ur skin texture and feel too. Awesome!!!

on 8/24/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I worry some of the time that my recent attraction to frosty things is a sign of my age. I used to love matte everything and was always aiming for a matte finish on my face, for my eye shadows, etc. I never wanted to turn into one of those "over 40" types I'd seen who seemed to wear frosted EVERYTHING. So I wondered about my own sanity when I tried out Strobe Cream. I got a really generous sample from the MAC counter and I have to admit that I love this. It makes my face look dewy (oh, what if that is what was being thought by all those other frosty women I didn't want to become???). But Strobe can be applied with a very light hand for a nice, fresh-faced effect (and it can be used in a more concentrated fashion to provide a highlight after applying your foundation). But I do like a light application of this over my moisturiser, especially if I'm not wearing foundation....it gives a nice, fresh "glow" to my skin if I'm just running out on errands, etc.

I will probably break down and buy the full sized tube at some point. There are so many different ways to use Strobe Cream, from full on, very "showy" to more subtle and I understand it can also be used in place of moisturiser if you don't need a lot of moisture (I'm thinking in warmer weather). So, yes, I think I will purchase this product though I still haven't used up the sample I got (I am very judicious in how much I apply for fear of looking like "mutton dressed as lamb").

on 8/8/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i bought this on a whim probably after a payday as had never tried a highlighter before, its nice and sublte and you get a lot of product, i was not interested in benefit highbeam or moonbeam both were too pink for me and very expensive i have no idea if they have more payoff this is quite subtle on me mac C40 a little pink but still nice good when using cream products as its natural and dewy looking - thik it will last forever hope it does not go off i would use it more if i gave myself more time to get ready in the morning but im always in a rush and end up just sticking to the basics on work days so thats my fault

on 7/31/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great for that little 'lift' your skin needs on some mornings. It refreshes but adds a bit of sparkle & dewiness like nothing else. It sinks in fast & doesnt leave any oiliness but im dry skin so maybe thats why. im not sure about ppl with oily skin how it would react.
I reach for my strobe cream before I apply highlighter to my cheek bones too. It leaves them feeling extra soft & helps the highlighter to sparkle as well.
Its an expensive product & not for everyday wear but it definitely has its place in my makeup draw.
I would ask MAC to make it a flip top for ease of use but thats my 1 & only suggestion.

on 7/24/2010 11:56:00 PM

EDIT: Still no break outs, and my skin looks so juicy and radiant. I absolutely love it. HG for sure!

I wasn't so sure about this at first. I had tried a sample of this about 2 years ago, and I thought it was interesting..but wasn't about to run out and buy it - too expensive for what it was. Lately my skin has been looking just - blah....I normally have oily/combo skin..but I think the sun has messed my skin up. It's been very dry and dull lately. I decided to go grab this. I tried mixing it with my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) and it just made my foundation very spotty looking. Instead, I use it by itself before putting makeup on, and it makes my skin fresh, glowy and more even. Therefore I don't have to use as much foundation...it works great! Its not too moisturizing..which is good, otherwise my skin would turn into an oil-slick. Overall, i'm happy with it...and so far no break-outs from it.

I really do love this product.... only for the winter. This product gives me a nice dewy glow that instantly makes me look awake while moisturzing my skin.I suggest you to not use this during the summer for sometimes when it is a hot summer day and you start to sweat on your face, you startl looking really greasy with sweat and the glow combined all together. Overall, i would purchase this product again because it has done what it promises to do, just not use it in hot weather.

on 7/10/2010 4:53:00 PM

I really love love this product!
I've read some reviews about it and its truely great.
Its gives my skin a great nice glow and it doesnt dry my skin which I easily have with stuff.
I mix it with my daily moisturizer so it doesnt look like I'm glowing in a weird way. Like others said, u cant use it alone, it would be over the top.
But its a great cream that also nourishes my skin, so its perfect!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

When I first tried this on, it immediately reminded me of Estee Lauder Spotlight, except not so oily. It leaves behind an iridescent glow instead of sparkles/shimmer in other highlighters. The glow is pinkish in tone, so I would stay away from it if you're cool toned.

I wouldn't even say this is a highlighter and I don't think MAC classifies it as one either.

I use it as a moisturizer after I apply my sunscreen. It does a pretty good job of moisturizing but I do still need some in certain areas like around the mouth and on my cheeks because I'm really dry there.

I use it whenever I don't get enough sleep because I find that my skin is dull the morning after. This manages to perk my face up a bit without adding color or annoying shimmer. It doesn't really show up/work underneath foundation (I use studio fix fluid). I haven't tried it over, just alone.

The bottle is pretty small for close to $30 but I like the product enough that I'll buy again. It comes in a squeeze tube with a twist off cap that feels like nars packaging.

on 6/8/2010 10:11:00 PM

I like strobe cream hydratant lumineux more than the 3 out of 5 I gave it.
The price and packaging 'could do better' and although I may buy this again,
it won't be for a very long time, as there are many similar products I want to try.
I need moisturiser under this, it's not hydrating for dry skin.
It imparts a healthy glow; used under foundation or tinted moisturiser.
It's a bit too shiney to be worn alone and not great over foundation as a highlight, as blends away. I've read so many times; 'there are lots of uses for this product'
but no-one states any! I only see one.

on 6/2/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My secret weapon..........ESPECIALLY if I havent gotten enough sleep or am hung over or something. I really love this.......I never use it as a moisturizer on its own.....I guess mainly because I want to use the product sparingly since I love it so much :) It gives an amazing glow but isnt greasy at all.....I love the smell even.

Lately I have been mixing this with a pump of matte foundation to sheer it out a bit. Beautiful effect!

Popular Moisturizers