August 30, 2014 | 962 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by sisip123

I really love this product, it gives you a great subtle glow, like a natural cream version of MSF. I wear it on its own, with a touch of concealer in the daytime as I like the natural look. It has a pearl-ish colour when you squeeze it out, and blends into the skin creating a gorgeous glow. Looks dewy and fresh, great for winter. May be too much in the summer months. For reference, I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

i would say i love this product wheni use it but can live without it if that makes any sense. probably not. haha
i tend to mix it in with my foundation to get a very natural look and i love it for this purpose. everything glides beautifully and my skin feels amazing, maybe i will be using it more now winter is hitting us. im combination skin and so dont tend to use in summer. but a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by crcantave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product - hate the price and package. I feel like I could go through the bottle quickly and that every last drop would not get used since its in that funky bottle. However-- I love how this cream. It makes my skin look and feel impeccable after application. I have no idea what people are talking about with the disco/glitter business, upon first trial I was so afraid I was going to look like a crazy person. Never happened. My foundation looks dewy and flawless -- and I don't even see any sparkles. For the price I do not know if its worth it though... could I just use this as a winter primer ? Maybe. Still on the fence.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Coconutty565

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tested the strobe cream and liquid and I mixed them a little bit but the liquid was very shimmery and had a pink/lilac cast to it. I liked the strobe cream better, it was more luminous and glowy. When it comes to a highlighter I don't like to look shimmery, I just like a glowy shiny look when my face hits the light. Im only basing this by my test on face but I think I might compare this too "Boots no 7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion"

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mkblv

I was first excited to get this product because anything promising to give me luminous skin will suck me in right away.

I couldn't tell which to choose, the liquid or the cream but after quickly asking the SA who said that the cream is more moisturizing, I chose the cream without a second thought - I have very dry skin.

After trying it out as a highlighter and a moisturizer, it just didn't work out. The texture is just so sticky as an all over moisturizer and using it as a highlighter over my foundy just caused the product to move around. It helps a little if you mix the cream with water or fix spray.
I still wish I had gotten the liquid instead. The liquid feels alot nicer and lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by peachesandcream76

My favorite make-up artist at MAC gave me a sample of this. I was a bit iffy at first, using a moisturizer other than what my Dermatologist would recommend. But I ran out of night cream one night and decided to use this instead. My skin absolutely love this! No break-outs, does not make me oily (considering I have oily skin) and gives me a certain glow when worn under foundation. I will buy a full size of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by BeyondBeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for five years now. I love it. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it looks great under my foundation, especially when my skin is dry. I don't like wearing it during summer because it will look way too shiny, however it is perfect for winter. Get a sample for mac before you purchase it and if you like it, buy it. I'm still in search for a cheaper luminizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blacklondon

An alright product. Nothing to write home to your lover about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have been eyeing this for a long time. I usually request a little sample pot of it along with any other MAC purchases I make so I was kept going for a little while like that anyway but finally I bit the bullet (a $28 bullet)- while this is NOT the most expensive highlighter I own, that goes to Armani Fluid Sheer- it certainly is the most skin-care centered item. Had this been ONLY face shimmer, I never would have bought it. However it is CHOCK-FULL of antioxidants and my skin feels GREAT when I wear it. So I wear it like a moisturizer, and its shimmery characteristics are a distant second. A pea-sized amount is perfect for me, so I imagine this will last at least a year with regular use...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heyitscarmen

I am in love ! I use this under foundation for a dewy look and it works wonderfully. I can't imagine running out of it anytime soon because it only takes a small amount of the cream to get the desire effect but when I do I'll definitely re-purchase.