July 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the concept of this product is great (a moisturizing eye makeup remover that comes in pre-soaked pads), it just didn't cut it for me. While my eye makeup came right off, the pads left a very heavy, oily residue on my eyes that I had to wash off with water- which completely negated any "moisturizing" effects this product would have. Numerous times, I couldn't get the oily residue to completely wash off and it would film over on my contacts. Yuck! I'll stick with the non-oily version. They don't work as well getting my eye makeup off, but I'm not left with a gross filmy feeling after using them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by paragonx

like everybody else said, i found this extremely greasy and it blurred my vision a bit. but it did the trick, it removed my eye make up. i ended up buying another package when i ran out just because i needed an effective eye make up remover.

on another note, if i were to find an eye make up remover that did the trick AND wasnt greasy like this one, i will definately switch brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by verbivorous

the pads effectively remove makeup but leave a gross greasy residue behind. the oil from the pads seeped into my eyes and made them tear up and sting. i wouldn't recommend this to contact or eyeglass-wearers.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by SarahK1414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes this product is very oily but the purpose is to remove eye makeup and it does that very well. I don't have to pull on my lashes to get mascara off.

Definitely was your face immediately.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by settodestruct

this is the worst eye makeup remover I have ever tried. It does take off the makeup but while doing it so also smears it and leaves behind so much oil. definitely can't use this if you dont plan on washing your face immediately after using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Yes this product is greasy, the pay off is that I can use one pad to remove all of the make-up and sunscreen off of my entire face. I simply have to gently wipe the pad all over my face and then use my normal face wash. My face wash removes all of the greasiness and the pad is never on my face long enough to interfere with my contact lenses. The tub packaging is convenient for travel and in my opinion is easier to use than a liquid preparation with a cotton ball. I only wear face and eye makeup about twice a week, so I don't need to use this product every night. I do wonder if that is the reason that the greasiness does not really bother me. I normally remove my makeup with the pad and gently blot off the extra oil with a regular kleenex. I then wash my face johnson and johnson head to toe baby wash, but I apply the soap directly to my skin before I wet my face. After I have washed my face I apply curel lotion. I think the trick is to apply your face wash to your skin before it is wet, since everyone knows oil and water don't mix. it might remove the residue better. The reason I keep buying this product is that there is absolutely no tugging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugggggh...if you like the feel of wiping grease all over your entire eye area, then this product is for you. What a disgusting experience that was...really gross, can't believe how oily it was.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear waterproof mascara and lots of liner (usually w/p- UD 24/7 and MAC Powerpoints) so I need a burly mu remover. I reach for these when I run out of Lancome BiFacil and am too cheap to buy more (or they aren't having a GWP!). These work great due to their oily nature, but NEED to be wiped off afterwards or you're left with a major oil slick which can cause milia (trust me). I only use these at night when I have my contacts out and going to be washing my face, otherwise my lenses cloud up and the oiliness bugs me (and causes my mu to smear, as I found out when I used them in the morning). However, they're cheap, easy to find and because one pad does both eyes a jar lasts me forever. They're also great to travel with because they aren't liquid. Yes- they're oily, but that's the point. Non-oily removers simply don't remove all my mu, and I end up wasting a lot of it trying for the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lindsey_r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is they only eye makeup remover I need! It's so convienient to travel with since it won't leak (although I do toss it in a zipper bag just in case!) and easy to use. I use this before I go to bed to remove my mascara and other eye makeup. One pad usually does both eyes. I rinse my eye area well after using the oily pads and then wash my face with an Oil of Olay Daily Facial to remove the rest of my makeup and any residue left behind by the pads. It's a great product! I usually stock up when I see them on sale. I tried the non-oily ones, but I might as well rub my eye with a wet Kleenex-- they don't do anything for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by rainsong27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get the bad reviews for this product either. Yeah, they're oily but that's because they're for taking off waterproof makeup! In fact, they're extremely oily so you don't have to tug on your eye area, which is the most delicate skin on your body. I only wear waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner so I love these. As someone mentioned before, I use these before I wash my face and one pad usually works for both eyes since they're super saturated. I hardly ever lose any lashes with these pads because I don't have to tug. Plus they're dirt cheap. Been using these for about two years now.