October 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful red lipstick. It is a real red color not blue or orange based red but like a fire - truck red.
This has a very matte like appearance and I think as a result it is very dry in nature.Applying this without a chapstick is like using a crayon there is no movement. These things are easy to fix though so if you like red lipstick and you want a matte look this is a marvelous lipstick to have.
UPDATE: I learner of two dupes:
1. ' Wet N' Wild; stoplight red'
2.'Revlon; really red'.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by DaisyWoo

This is my favourite lipstick ever. It is just amazing. I wear it far too much, it just sets off any outfit. I love the retro texture and I'm confident that I won't smudge it all over my face by accident (a fear I have with many other lipsticks). I only need to apply this once on a night out, it doesn't transfer to glasses and the colour stays consistent. I have even woken up with it perfectly intact in the morning! Wore it to work once and it lasted all day even through lunch. I prefer this texture to the other mattes in the MAC range. If you're unsure whether to buy it, I would definitely say get it. It's so classy and perfect.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGhostX3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick. I think it is literally the perfect matte red lipstick! (That I've tried, at least.) I only have a few issues with it, which is 1. I definitely think it starts to fade after a few hours, and 2. I'm always terrified that the actual lipstick part is just going to break off when I apply it. But other than that, I love this lipstick so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Naama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This would be the ultimate matte true red lipstick, a must have for every makeup lover! I ADORE THIS.
Although the very dry texture, you cannot go wrong with this color. Stays on for a good few hours, gorgeous color, applies nicely without clumping and drying your lips, great quality...
The only downside is the price, we all know MAC is quite expensive.
But if you have some dough, or you want to just treat yourself with something nice and luxury, run to the nearest MAC store to your house and get Ruby Woo right away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ruby Woo's reputation is well-earned. I am an NC 25 or so with yellow undertones and dark hair. This red is excellent. It does not look too orange or too pink. It looks RED like it is supposed to. It is very bright but it is matte so there is no glisten and no sparkle. It can be drying as noted, but exfoliate lips first, apply vaseline, wipe off, then apply RW. This is a classic color and looks professional with a suit and minimal eye makeup or sexy with a dress. I see why this is a popular staple. I give it a 4 because it is matte and so dry. Fashion Fair's Sangria has Ruby Woo beat for texture, smell, and most of all gorgeous color that stays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by didi23

I love this lipstick. Yes it is drying, but it is supposed to have a retro matte feel to it. If it is way too drying then Russian Red or Absolute power (LE) will be less drying. Either way, it lasts all day. It is a bright in your face red that can be scary, but I make it brown girl friendly by pairing it with MAC chestnut liner, or Nightmoth liner. Either I love it with dark smokey eyes, or winged liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by raheela92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE
this lippy is a matte deep red
think- rita ora or marilyn monroe red
`its that deep sexy colour
really need to use a liner with this tho as it needs to be CRISP
ruby woo is not forgiving at all. but its a gorgeous colour.
it is a little hards to drag across the lips as the consistency is quite dry so id suggest a lip scrub & a waxy balm before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by redvalentine

Just for its color,I gave it 5point although I dont like its texture.İt is very hard to apply,and it is very dry.Also it is not long lasting,it flys away in a smallest touch.These are all what disappointed me about this lipstick.But its color wonderful which is the cause for me to give 5point to it.İt looks wonderful on my lips especially with an appropriate lip liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac ruby woo is the best lipstick ever. I love the color and it is a long lasting. I apply lip balm first and mac cherry lip liner before applying this ruby woo lipstick. I received good compliments. Aside from ruby woo, i also have russian red, pink noveau and brick-o-la. For me, MAC is the best lipstick brand

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, packaging, scent, staying power...ease of application is a little tough, but I put up with it because I love it SO much. HG red lippy.