July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Ashash00

This does the job. I have the washable formula, and it really stays put, which wasn't what I expected. I expected at least some smearing, some running. But even when it rained outside, it just stayed put. For the price $15-16, I think this is a worthy mascara, and compared to Covergirl or Maybelline mascaras that work not too great and are still $7-9, I'd rather get this any day.
Application: the wand is good to reach corners and inner eye as well, bc it's not too wide or fat. It applies smoothly and dries relatively fast.
To remove I run warm water over my eyes for about 5 seconds, and use thumb and middle finger to gently tap at eyelashes. No tugging or scraping involved. Which is what I'm looking for.
Even when I'm out on the town, clubbing, bar hopping etc, this stays on the whole night. The build of it is natural, though, so don;t expect crazy volume and extreme noticeable black lashes. This lengthens and enhances lashes. I love the clean, natural but beautiful look this gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by AlinaT

This mascara is good enough for women who like natural looking of eyelashes. It separates lashes and gives natural volume without clumping. What I don't like personally that it's very difficult to build up this mascara. I agree with the opinion that this mascara is boring, unless layered with another mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

This is a fantastic day to day wear mascara. I started using it years ago after I received it in a gift with purchase, and fell in love with it. It has a great consistency and a nice brush which makes application easy, and doesn't cause clumping or flaking. It rinses out very easily without makeup remover.

It definitely adds a lot of oomph to my lashes, in terms of both thickening and lengthening. But if you're looking for something dramatic or something to wear on special occasions/nights out, there are probably better mascaras for that on the market.

I used this daily for years, then later switched to High Definition Lashes just because it adds a little more "drama" to my lashes. That being said I can still vouch for this mascara, and I do think you get your value for the price. The only reason why I docked a lippy is because it doesn't last very long before drying out. It looks great for about a month, then gradually the formula begins to dry and by the end of month 2, your lashes dont look as fantastic as they used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my goto everyday mascaras.

I have super fine short lashes = i.e. without a really great mascara, I look like I don't have lashes...

This is a great mascara. Lengthens my lashes and gives it volume without clumping! I have used it as an everyday mascara since Clinique first bought it out.

For a more dramatic look, I use the Clinique lash primer and Estee Lauder's Double Wear on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good mascara! It looks very natural, and it is virtually impossible to get flakes or clumps with it. It defines each lash very well. I don't know if I would repurchase, though. It is kind of low definition, and hardly noticeable from a bit of a distance.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I'm surprised by all the good reviews for this mascara. I happen to think this mascara is boring, unless layered with another mascara. The results I get with this mascara are lengthened, but natural -- nowhere close to high impact. I'm pretty sure there are drugstore alternatives that can give the same effect.

I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I always get this mascara as a sample size, i must have like four of them lying around. Just lately I've been using it and I actually really like it! I always put a ton of coats on so a big thing for me is whether the mascara allows me to do that without getting clumpy. This product definitely allows me to do that. The brush isn't too bad, it looks like a typical cylinder brush, not too big, not too small. If you get a sample size of it, it's worth a try.
Mascara is extremely subjective, it really all depends on your lashes, eye shape and how you apply it. So I suggest trying before buying - if possible!
Overall, I like this mascara, and might buy it, but I do have quite a few samples left to go through!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lilysmom72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Low impact is more like it. I can't use this one alone, have to layer with a thickening and lengthening mascara. It just does nothing. I will use it up but not repurchase.

Update as of November 2013 - okay i'm not sure what happened if they perhaps reformulated this mascara but I'm so much more into it the second time around! I received it as a point perk from Sephora a few months ago and wasn't at all excited to try it again but I'm glad I did. I really like the volume it gave me. I do still layer it with a lengthening mascara but I do that with every mascara. I would actually buy this one now!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Angiedamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara it really does give length to my eyelashes and it has a natural look to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this mascara is anything special, its natural and subtle but I'd rather buy a high street mascara for everyday use and splurge on a more dramatic mascara for nights out.