October 23, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's official. I've been using this product for 16 years! The tiny brush gives me super control & I can apply thinner, or wider lines with ease. Best used for cat-like eyes, which is my daily look, but I discovered this in my younger goth days. Once it's on, this eyeliner is staying put. For those who don't like that plasticy, or polished look, what you want is the regular Ultra Liner, NOT in waterproof. That will give you a matte finish. I recommend powdering the lid for a good adhesive base.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by breebree89

the only thing I like is that it's waterproof and the packaging. I just do not like how it looks when it's dry, looks shiny and plasticy and kind of hard to remove even with makeup remover. so I will not be purchasing thing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by faithmv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great packaging! Loved the brush! But the liner itself? Not good. About an hour after I applied it, I looked in the mirror and noticed it was PEELING off! Not flaking. Like, I could literally peel it off. I threw the rest of it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this b/c my aunt liked it. Not for me. It dries with a gloss and is hard to apply. Good for funerals or a day when you will be crying alot, or swimming. Those are the only times I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by synchrolover85

i hate this it cost me six bucks and the brush sux. the handle is short and it impossible to line my eyes in a straight line, it is terrible. i hate that i wasted money on it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lovilyest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a while, this was my go to eyeliner. I have extremely oily lids. In addition, I always unintentionally touch my eyelids and for such reason, I like this eyeliner because it is really that only liner that doesn't smudge. It applies and dries like a paint and doesn't have the chalky texture that most liners have. That being said, it does flake off. There are times, when the corner starts to flake and I can actually peel the whole thing off. The applicator is very soft which for me, makes its hard to apply it. I tend to press down really hard and it ends up getting very shreaky. I find that when you don't apply it correctly the first time, adding layers onto the first coat can make it crack and flake off more easily.

I don't know if I would buy this product again. I would only recommend this product to people want an eyeliner that does not smudge and at the same time are good at applying liquid liners.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ScentedLead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like how the thin brush lets me draw a thin line and the liner is waterproof/smudgeproof but these are the only things I like about it.

What I don't like: For me, it got thick and glumpy in less than a few weeks and that made it hard to get a thin line. But the most annoying thing was that I had to apply a thin coat of this because thicker coats flake and peel off. Because of the peeling, it's definitely not rub-proof.

I think if you're good with liquid eyeliner and can get a perfect line in only a few strokes -- even better if you can get it done in one sweeping stroke -- this might work for you. But I like to do lots of short strokes and then go back over the line to smooth it out so I can't get a thin coat on.

Lastly, when it dries, it's very shiny -- it's like applying patent vinyl to your lashline. To be honest, I can't think of a look this would be appropriate for except maybe theatrical wear. I wouldn’t choose this for smoky or natural looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this.
its dark, stays on!!!!!
and i can even put it on on the bottoms of the lash, though not the waterline, i tried :/ lol.
its waterproof, yet easy to take off at night! you shouuld buy this, i know i will. mines running out already,.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

This is the best liquid liner I have ever tried! I wear it every single day and get compliments all the time. The brush is great perfect for making thin or thick lines. The formula is very dark and has amazing staying power! its perfect and for 6$ you can't beat that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

Hmm, there are a lot of things that I like about this product, but at the same time I dislike it as well. I like that it's very black- perfect for covering up false eyelash bands. Also, I like the price. Everything else I hate- from the brush tip (all the bristles go haywire, then it's impossible to get a nice clean thin line), the burning sensation I get when I apply it (but only until it dries, still scary though), the clumps that form in the bottle after having the product for a week. I have to use a separate liner brush. The last thing that is a bit hard to describe is that though the liner does dry matte... it's a reflective matte, almost like it ampliflies the texture of the skin it sits on. See picture for explanation.
continued >>