December 21, 2014 | 1657 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LiLLatinaFLava

Well, this product stays true in that it doesn't smudge nor fade throughout the day. So the staying power is great especially on my oily lids and provides a decent black color. However, as soon as it dries, it breaks apart and flakes off...sometimes you can peel the whole application off in one swipe! Therefore, I don't like this product...because it cracks and flakes off easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by obsessedamanda

Ok, so I prefer pencil liners to liquid but every once in a while, I want a different look. I bought this one because it was cheap and waterproof. I like that the brush doesn't fray like some other cheap liquid liners with similar brushes, but it does flake off a little towards the end of the day. I'm not wowed by this product, but its ok for a different look at a cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by bumped

Yes, lasts all day (sometimes a little bit of flaking towards the inner corners of my eyes, but at least it doesn't smudge. At. All.). Yes, application takes some time to get used to. Yes, looks vinyl-y--but if it lasts all day and the only person getting close enough to notice how vinyl-y it is is going to be a boy who doesn't even notice and it's dirt cheap, why not.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Amberlynn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this product is just decent, nothing particularly special, but something that you can get use out of until you find your favorite liquid eyeliner. I do like the very fine tip, great for precise application, but if you are attempting cat eyes, they are a little tricky when creating the tail because the tip is so thin. Overall, I don't like how the liner dries, it looks cheap. It stays on great, but again, it looks plastic like. I don't like that I had to keep re-applying coat after coat because it dried so quickly before I was even able to swoop across the entire lid, which made the look way too thick. Others might love this liner, but I am not a big fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's official. I've been using this product for 16 years! The tiny brush gives me super control & I can apply thinner, or wider lines with ease. Best used for cat-like eyes, which is my daily look, but I discovered this in my younger goth days. Once it's on, this eyeliner is staying put. For those who don't like that plasticy, or polished look, what you want is the regular Ultra Liner, NOT in waterproof. That will give you a matte finish. I recommend powdering the lid for a good adhesive base.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by breebree89

the only thing I like is that it's waterproof and the packaging. I just do not like how it looks when it's dry, looks shiny and plasticy and kind of hard to remove even with makeup remover. so I will not be purchasing thing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by faithmv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great packaging! Loved the brush! But the liner itself? Not good. About an hour after I applied it, I looked in the mirror and noticed it was PEELING off! Not flaking. Like, I could literally peel it off. I threw the rest of it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this b/c my aunt liked it. Not for me. It dries with a gloss and is hard to apply. Good for funerals or a day when you will be crying alot, or swimming. Those are the only times I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by synchrolover85

i hate this it cost me six bucks and the brush sux. the handle is short and it impossible to line my eyes in a straight line, it is terrible. i hate that i wasted money on it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lovilyest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a while, this was my go to eyeliner. I have extremely oily lids. In addition, I always unintentionally touch my eyelids and for such reason, I like this eyeliner because it is really that only liner that doesn't smudge. It applies and dries like a paint and doesn't have the chalky texture that most liners have. That being said, it does flake off. There are times, when the corner starts to flake and I can actually peel the whole thing off. The applicator is very soft which for me, makes its hard to apply it. I tend to press down really hard and it ends up getting very shreaky. I find that when you don't apply it correctly the first time, adding layers onto the first coat can make it crack and flake off more easily.

I don't know if I would buy this product again. I would only recommend this product to people want an eyeliner that does not smudge and at the same time are good at applying liquid liners.