Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 3/12/2010 2:07:00 AM

This eyeliner SUCKS. First of all, the brush is super flimsy and weak that it makes drawing a straight line impossible. The formula sucks even more than the brush because it's by no means waterproof. It goes on watery and it takes forever to dry, and once it's dry, it dries shiny and plastic-y looking and after 2 minutes.. IT FLAKES OFF. uggggghh! I've never ever had a worse experience with a liquid liner before. I'd give this a ZERO if I can.

Well, this product stays true in that it doesn't smudge nor fade throughout the day. So the staying power is great especially on my oily lids and provides a decent black color. However, as soon as it dries, it breaks apart and flakes off...sometimes you can peel the whole application off in one swipe! Therefore, I don't like this product...because it cracks and flakes off easily.

Ok, so I prefer pencil liners to liquid but every once in a while, I want a different look. I bought this one because it was cheap and waterproof. I like that the brush doesn't fray like some other cheap liquid liners with similar brushes, but it does flake off a little towards the end of the day. I'm not wowed by this product, but its ok for a different look at a cheap price.

on 3/11/2010 4:41:00 PM

Yes, lasts all day (sometimes a little bit of flaking towards the inner corners of my eyes, but at least it doesn't smudge. At. All.). Yes, application takes some time to get used to. Yes, looks vinyl-y--but if it lasts all day and the only person getting close enough to notice how vinyl-y it is is going to be a boy who doesn't even notice and it's dirt cheap, why not.

on 3/11/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this product is just decent, nothing particularly special, but something that you can get use out of until you find your favorite liquid eyeliner. I do like the very fine tip, great for precise application, but if you are attempting cat eyes, they are a little tricky when creating the tail because the tip is so thin. Overall, I don't like how the liner dries, it looks cheap. It stays on great, but again, it looks plastic like. I don't like that I had to keep re-applying coat after coat because it dried so quickly before I was even able to swoop across the entire lid, which made the look way too thick. Others might love this liner, but I am not a big fan.

on 3/3/2010 1:31:00 PM

It's official. I've been using this product for 16 years! The tiny brush gives me super control & I can apply thinner, or wider lines with ease. Best used for cat-like eyes, which is my daily look, but I discovered this in my younger goth days. Once it's on, this eyeliner is staying put. For those who don't like that plasticy, or polished look, what you want is the regular Ultra Liner, NOT in waterproof. That will give you a matte finish. I recommend powdering the lid for a good adhesive base.

on 2/26/2010 4:20:00 AM

the only thing I like is that it's waterproof and the packaging. I just do not like how it looks when it's dry, looks shiny and plasticy and kind of hard to remove even with makeup remover. so I will not be purchasing thing again.

on 2/22/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great packaging! Loved the brush! But the liner itself? Not good. About an hour after I applied it, I looked in the mirror and noticed it was PEELING off! Not flaking. Like, I could literally peel it off. I threw the rest of it out.

on 2/11/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this b/c my aunt liked it. Not for me. It dries with a gloss and is hard to apply. Good for funerals or a day when you will be crying alot, or swimming. Those are the only times I use it.

i hate this it cost me six bucks and the brush sux. the handle is short and it impossible to line my eyes in a straight line, it is terrible. i hate that i wasted money on it. :(