Matrix Biolage - Conditioning Balm

4.2

2015 (name changed) HYDRASOURCE CONDITIONER INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER / EAU PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL ALCOHOL CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE DECYL OLEATE PHENOXYETHANOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE METHYLPARABEN ALOE BARBADENSIS / ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ETHYLPARABEN LIMONENE HEXYL CINNAMAL COUMARIN LINALOOL CITRIC ACID PASSIFLORA EDULIS FRUIT JUICE BISABOLOL----------------------------------------------2012 Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Citric Acid, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Bisabolol.------------------------------------------- Old ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristal Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

on 4/6/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this conditioner. i use it on my 6 yo son too who has shoulder-length hair as well and hates hairbrushes :) i can tell how shiny it makes his hair look compared to other products ive gotten for him. the shine is almost like vinyl, its unbelievable. soft and tangle-free too. the comb just glides on his hair... we have the same hair type but mine is colored and heat-styled regularly. i use this as a daily conditioner. this makes my hair feel healthy after ive gone crazy with my flat iron. i have the tub and bought the pump that goes with it so contamination isnt an issue. and i only need less than two pumps to condition my hair. too much can weigh it down. since using this with the heat styler, i can get away with 2-day hair. it smells great, not too girly, not masculine, not so grown up. just a soft nice pleasant scent.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am so peeved about this product. I have 4 a/b hair and this moisturizes my hair perfectly and smells very good. BUT my issue is after I am done deep conditioning, my hair is EXTREMELY tangled. And I do not understand this. My hair should be just the opposite, not tangled. I should be able to run my fingers through my wet hair. The last thing I want to do after I deep condition my hair for 30 minutes is to take my time running a wide tooth comb through my hair slowly so I do not break off any of my wet hair. Ugh, so annoying!! But once my hair is dried it is something fierce! Being the fact that this product is expensive, I will probably not buy it again once I run out of my jar.
UPDATE:
Decided to STOP using this product as a deep conditioner and use it for co-washing instead. Works wonders and I am left with moisturized , de-tangled hair in a matter of a few minutes!!

on 3/31/2009 11:17:00 AM

I've used this for a few weeks now and I really like it. I've tried all sorts of conditioners but especially like this one because it leaves my hair feeling clean and strong afterwards which is often not the case with deep conditioners. It rinses well with no residual slippery feeling, I suspect that's due to the fact there are no cones in this. I also use a small pea size amount as a leave-in before I blow dry and have noticed my normally wavy hair is tamed straight with very little effort! Will definitely repurchase this one!

on 3/29/2009 10:31:00 AM

I used to use this stuff all the time! I really like it but it is too spendy for my budget these days. It really made my hair silky, smooth, and soft. My hair is long and thick and there aren't many products out there that can do this for me. I would recommend this to anyone who has a bigger budget than mine, it definitely does wonders for your hair!

on 3/14/2009 7:16:00 AM

This is a very good conditioner. I have long silky fine and highlighted hair, and it really works without making the hair go limp and heavy afterwards. I dont think it is expensive, there is a lot of product in the big tube i got. I also love that it smells like flowers (not fruit).

on 3/12/2009 1:23:00 PM

I love this product. I have surly hair and this leaves it sooo soft and curly. It smells great and I get it in the dispenser which makes it easier to use. It is a little thick to rinse out but its not that bad and works great!

on 3/1/2009 11:56:00 AM

Pretty disappointed with this. It was expensive, and the tub it comes in is totally impractical. The smell isn't horrible but has kind of a cheap, floral scent to it. I have fine hair with very dry ends, and this really didn't do much in the way of moisturizing it...My hair has been extra dry and much more tangly after using this. Won't buy again. : (

EDIT: I have been using this for about a month now, and I am starting to realize I may have been wrong about this product. When I started using it, I was using it in conjunction with Biolage Normalizing Shampoo, which was super drying to my hair. Now that I've switched shampoos, I see that the conditioner wasn't to blame afterall. It's actually VERY moisturizing to my fried ends, and the tub (although impractical) has lasted me quite awhile. I will try other conditioners but may ultimately return to this one.

DOUBLE EDIT: This has reached HG status. I finally finished my first tub after five months. Will repurchase.

on 2/28/2009 9:20:00 AM

I like this conditioning balm, it has no cones in it and makes my hair soft. It takes a little bit to rinse it all out because it is so thick but that is not a problem for me. I buy this in the tubs along with the pump which makes it so much easier to dispense. Without the pump it is just too much trouble to take off the lid to get it out and try not to get water in it. I have lots of this to use up but when I run out I will buy some more of it.

on 2/27/2009 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As far as rinse out conditioners go, it's actually pretty average to me. It's not bad, but it isn't that great either. So why the four lippies? Well, it actually makes a great leave-in conditioner. Most rinse-outs don't work well as leave-ins for me...but this one does...go figure. So, I'll continue to use it as a leave-in.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I have bra strap length curly, bleached platinum blonde hair and I use this as a daily conditioner paired with conditioner washing... (no shampoo, EVER!)

This isn't helpful as a reconstructor since there's no protein, I've used this in conjunction with another deep conditioner after the classic Aphogee treatment and it really moisturizes!

I understand it's a little pricey, but worth every penny. Try the generic Sally's version. It's 16 oz for about 6 dollars! or 2/10 if you find it on sale.

Top Rated Matrix Products