Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

on 5/28/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I usually use my Lancome BiFacil but decided to give this a try. I have sensitive eyes but I usually don't have a problem with most eye products, except this one!! It just burns my eye!! I don't see the point of having a product made for use on the eyes if it burns them out! I also find I have to keep applying more product and have to rub more than I would think necessary to remove my mascara. Then, after I feel that I've cleaned enough, I dry my face to find remnants of mascara on the facecloth!! Even drugstore removers do a better job than that! I'm trying to finish up my bottle, but I will definietly not repurchase.

on 5/13/2006 4:08:00 PM

I put a small amount of the Clinique Rinse-Off Solvent (less than a 10p coin size) on to a cotton bud and applied to both eyes. Everything is almost gone, and there were no smudges! It leaves absolutely no greasy residue and removes all traces of eye make-up in an instant, and it also works for lips and eyebrowsI have tried Lancome, Simple, No.7 and Time Delay¡¯s make-up remover before, but this one definitely comes on top, by a long way. Absolutely recommend for everyone, however it can sting a little with sensitive eyes.Does not remove waterproof mascara easily, but then nothing does.

on 5/4/2006 1:50:00 PM

OUCH! Who would use this stuff if it burns/stings your eyes?

I kept having to remind myself it wasn't nail varnish remover! Thought I had got hold of the wrong bottle.

It removed stuff ok but I used an Olay tissue to get rid of the rest of my waterproof mascara and it did a better job and more gently too!

It was a freebie but anyway will definately not buy it.

This product has gotten in my eyes a few times and really leaves a burning feeling. If you're going to pay this price, I like the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover much better. It's about $2.50 more but is worth it.

on 4/1/2006 2:15:00 PM

This stuff sucks. I got it as a GWP.

Basically, if you wear ANYTHING waterproof, this stuff is useless. I only wear waterproof mascara because I wear contacts and rub my eyes sometimes. Well, after using this, the mascara was not TOUCHED. It removes less than hot water probably would. Nice packaging, bad useless product.

on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM

This is a nice eye makeup remover. It doesn't sting and it's not oily. This takes everything off without leaving a film. I've repurchased this a couple of times (mostly to qualify for a GWP). Would repurchase. The packaging is classic Clinique which I find a little boring.

on 2/10/2006 11:26:00 AM

Get Clinique's Take the Day Off makeup remover instead. This one just isn't very good. It stings my eyes a little and isn't good at taking off waterproof/long-wearing eye makeup. Take the Day Off never stings and works much better.

on 1/21/2006 2:44:00 PM

I use flat cotton pads with this eye makeup remover and it does the job. The only disadvantage is the price, but I've had this bottle for a few months now and it is better than the greasy Marcell remover I used to use. Will re-purchase unless something better comes my way. Sometimes stings my eyes if I don't shut my eyes tight enough.

on 1/20/2006 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product in a pinch when my no-fail favorite, Take the Day Off Make-up Remover, was sold out at my local Macy's counter. One word to describe how my eyes felt when using this eye make-up remover...YEWOUCH! There is nothing gentle about this eye-make up remover from a line which touts being hypo-allergenic and made for sensitive skin. Very drying and eyes burned and stung when I used this. After one week, I tossed it (sadly could not find the receipt). Pass on this one.

on 1/16/2006 4:46:00 PM

I got this as a GWP and am not impressed with it. It takes two doses per eye to take all my eyeliner off and I hardly wear any makeup so I'd expect that any product I use should be able to get the job done more efficiently than this stuff does. Oh, well, it was free. Who's to complain?