April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by waterlily26

I put a small amount of the Clinique Rinse-Off Solvent (less than a 10p coin size) on to a cotton bud and applied to both eyes. Everything is almost gone, and there were no smudges! It leaves absolutely no greasy residue and removes all traces of eye make-up in an instant, and it also works for lips and eyebrowsI have tried Lancome, Simple, No.7 and Time Delay¡¯s make-up remover before, but this one definitely comes on top, by a long way. Absolutely recommend for everyone, however it can sting a little with sensitive eyes.Does not remove waterproof mascara easily, but then nothing does.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by suzeuk

OUCH! Who would use this stuff if it burns/stings your eyes?

I kept having to remind myself it wasn't nail varnish remover! Thought I had got hold of the wrong bottle.

It removed stuff ok but I used an Olay tissue to get rid of the rest of my waterproof mascara and it did a better job and more gently too!

It was a freebie but anyway will definately not buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by marathon_0316

This product has gotten in my eyes a few times and really leaves a burning feeling. If you're going to pay this price, I like the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover much better. It's about $2.50 more but is worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MMPiano313

This stuff sucks. I got it as a GWP.

Basically, if you wear ANYTHING waterproof, this stuff is useless. I only wear waterproof mascara because I wear contacts and rub my eyes sometimes. Well, after using this, the mascara was not TOUCHED. It removes less than hot water probably would. Nice packaging, bad useless product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by weetabix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice eye makeup remover. It doesn't sting and it's not oily. This takes everything off without leaving a film. I've repurchased this a couple of times (mostly to qualify for a GWP). Would repurchase. The packaging is classic Clinique which I find a little boring.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

Get Clinique's Take the Day Off makeup remover instead. This one just isn't very good. It stings my eyes a little and isn't good at taking off waterproof/long-wearing eye makeup. Take the Day Off never stings and works much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use flat cotton pads with this eye makeup remover and it does the job. The only disadvantage is the price, but I've had this bottle for a few months now and it is better than the greasy Marcell remover I used to use. Will re-purchase unless something better comes my way. Sometimes stings my eyes if I don't shut my eyes tight enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in a pinch when my no-fail favorite, Take the Day Off Make-up Remover, was sold out at my local Macy's counter. One word to describe how my eyes felt when using this eye make-up remover...YEWOUCH! There is nothing gentle about this eye-make up remover from a line which touts being hypo-allergenic and made for sensitive skin. Very drying and eyes burned and stung when I used this. After one week, I tossed it (sadly could not find the receipt). Pass on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Aviolet

I got this as a GWP and am not impressed with it. It takes two doses per eye to take all my eyeliner off and I hardly wear any makeup so I'd expect that any product I use should be able to get the job done more efficiently than this stuff does. Oh, well, it was free. Who's to complain?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ilina

This does not take off my eyeliner or mascara. I use MAC fluidline, does not take this off. MAC's gel liner does not come off at all. My Beaujoiur mascara does not budge. The cottonball smears eyerything, and it stays on. Not good for people who wear more than natural looking eye makeup.