MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 11/19/2007 11:22:00 AM

It just does its job very well. My skin is VERY oily on the nose and forehead and this powder prevents the shine. Of course it doesn't last all day, but 4-5 hours is already a good performance for me.

Although it isn't supposed to add coverage or colour, I think it does make my skin tone look more even and fresh. I chose medium/dark after trying the colours on with a MUA, although my skin is pretty fair (NW 20-25).

on 11/7/2007 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

does the trick all right.
believe the other reviewers when they say go a bit dark. I am NW20, and med is *almost* too light for me.
absorbs the oil, not cakey, sheer, and doesnt irritate my acne prone combo/oily skin.
makes my skin look very refined and cleans up any shiny areas. I sometimes use this over foundation (with a brush) before powder. TWO POWDERS? you ask? it's so very sheer I can powder over and it sets the foundation w/o looking too powdery and i can still get the lovely powdery finish but this adds a barrier than keeps the finishing powder from adhering too much. niice.

on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 PM

It could be cakey but it controls oil so well. I can see the powder sitting on top of my skin when i first put it on, but after 10 mins or so, it looks a lot more natural. I have medium/dark but it's still fairly light for my fair-medium NW25 skintone.

on 10/22/2007 1:31:00 AM

I love this stuff!! At first I didn't think it could stop the little shine i had on my face, so i just stopped putting it off & bought it. now its my HG every morning. sometimes when i dont want to have that "not wearing make-up look" i just wear this alone, and you can't even tell you are wearing anything, thats how sheer this product is. It looks super light in the container, but its perfect! Love love love this stuff. I'd recommend to anything. It keeps my studio fix in place :)

on 10/20/2007 7:09:00 AM

This stuff is AMAZING! Everytime I run out my face is an oil slick. It goes on without any look of powder being on your face at all and gives a polished look to makeup. Doesn't break my pimple prone skin out, in fact I think it may stop breakouts by keeping the oil at bay. I couldn't live without it! I only get slightly oily on my face every few hours with this stuff! Price is a bit expensive because of markup at $36 AUD tho!

Never used a blot powder before cos my skin it's not really oily. This has worked really well for me during summer and the colour match is perfect but don't know if it would work just as well for girls with really really oily skin...

on 9/21/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

A great simple powder. It's just a little little bit too light for my skin. I thought medium/dark would\ve have been perfect! But it kind of makes me look pale - matte. But it does a great job setting my foundation (but so would any other powder right?). Oil control isn't that lasting but I love the look of the compact. It's very chic. But in the end I think this blot powder is kind of over-rated. I would buy it again. But a cheaper alternative would be Covergirl tru blend powder. The CG powder in medium matches my skin much better. But I just love going in the MAC store and this compact is so cute.

on 8/7/2007 10:16:00 PM

If you have an oily t-zone or an oily face, definitely buy this product. I have an extremely oily t-zone and this powder really does get rid of oil and shine. I've been using it for almost two weeks and I still have yet to breakout from this product. It's so light and translucent, it feels like nothing is on and looks really natural! I don't like wearing heavy makeup and I definitely didn't wear a heavy load of this product, yet, it still works wonders! A little bit goes a long way with this product! go get it! :) I took off a star for packaging because of the sponge that comes with it. NEVER USE A SPONGE, unless you plan on washing it after every usage because your oils transfers onto the sponge which causes breakouts the next time you use it! Instead, use brushes! brushes are expensive but they're definitely worth the money! they're so easy to clean and wash.

on 7/22/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was having major oily skin issues with my HG foundation, Armanis Luminous Silk Foundation, just when I was about to give up wearing it I turned to MACS blot powder in Medium/Dark and this has made a hug difference! I can now wear my favorite foundation with minimal oily breakouts, all I do now is blot one/two times a day with MAC powder, even stands up in the humid area I live in. If you have oily skin and need a good powder try this!

on 7/16/2007 3:27:00 PM

Pros:
I love how this powder gives my skin a nice matte finish. Also, it eliminates shine and oil. I can re-apply it a few times a day if it's completely necessary, but most of the time, I just use it to set my foundation and use oil-blotting sheets.

Cons:
First, I dislike the applicator it comes with. Unlike the Select Sheer Powders that come with a nice suede feeling puff (?), Blot Powder comes with a more cotton feeling one that feels too harsh on my skin. I ended up just buying a new applicator from MAC to replace it.

Second, if you apply too much, it seems to cake on. That's reasonable but almost everyday I end up with a bit too much on my nose, even if i'm applying it liberally. i have to fix it with Fix+ spray so that i don't look all cakey.

Overall, I love this product. I'll definitely repurchase if I have too, unless I find something else I love.