July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not bad for a drugstore brand. It matches my skin tone perfectly (NC25, for Palladio I use WD402). I only use it as dry and it leaves my face smooth. Positive point is that it's quite cheap. A negative point about it is that it accentuates my pores and I my pores aren't even noticeable sans makeup! It's great if you're looking for a cheap but quality foundation but I'll stick to my MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine00004

I love this powder. I only use it in the dry form over my other makeup. I have a naturally oily T-zone and it helps to absorb without making my face all chalkey or cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by periplaneta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

iv only started wearing powder/ foundation recently because i found that wearing sunscreen on my face makes me shine a lot. this is my first ever compact and i loved it didn't last for too long though bec it i used it everyday. packaging wise, i really like that it has a separate compartment fot the sponge although id like it better if they tried to make the compact slimmer bec i carry this around and the packaging is a bit bulky. the powder itsef i have no problems with just add spf and this would be perfect. i tried using another powder after i used this up but it broke me out so now im back to my trustee palladio powder which i think i'll repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mspung

Would i buy this product again? YES.

Well, i originally bought it for 9.99USD at Sally's but found it on clearance at CVS (they were selling all of Long's Drug Store's old stuff) for like 2.50US so of course i bought a ton.

Well I don't regret buying so many one bit. The compact itself comes with less powder than Studio Fix and is slightly bulkier. It comes with a sponge that is comparable to any generic sponge you can buy at the store but i apply mine with a brush so i don't really care.

Anyway, the product itself goes on smooth, has great coverage (medium to full, its buildable). You can apply the product wet or dry, i find dry to be good enough to cover all my yuckiness but tried applying it wet anyway. When applied wet it goes on slightly darker so be careful. The way it looks on your face is SUPER matte but eventually becomes a little more natural. As far as oil control i would say its great...EXCEPT...****since this stuff has hardly any staying power and rubs off on everything if youre not careful*** i can't say that it keeps me oil free all day. I use this foundation as an "on the go," keep it in my purse kind and reserve EM for at home application.

For reference, I'm like a NC 30-35 and tried the cypress beige which was too light (although i think its perfect for winter) and I've found Neroli Bronze/Everlasting Tan to be a good match.
Hope this helps, sorry for the length

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a reasonably priced substitute for my beloved Shiseido Smoothing powder foundation, which I reserve for special occasions because of the high price. I read the rave reviews for Palladio here and ran out to Sally's to give it a try. I'm not disappointed. The coverage is very good. The shade selection leaves something to be desired, but I found a decent match in the lightest shade for winter and the third lightest for summer. The second lightest shade is way too pink for my fair, yellow-toned complexion. I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush and achieve a great natural look with light to medium coverage. If I need additional coverage, I use the sponge included in the compact. Once this "sets," it gives a nice, dewy finish without being oily on my combination skin. If I do notice too much shine, I dust with a bit of silica powder. I often still use a bit of concealer on my stubborn red spots, but I typically do that no matter what foundation I use. I find the staying powder of this foundation to be pretty good. Overall I consider this a great find. It's a suitable everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

I bought Palladio Wet/Dry powder in WD 407 Rich Mocha on a whim because it was on sale for 20 AED (around 6 USD), and though too dark for my NC30-35 skin as a face powder, it is my HG nose and cheek contouring powder. Especially for the nose. I can use a variety of bronzers/eyeshadows/blushes to sculpt my cheeks, BUT I have not found anything else that looks as natural on my (oily, big-pored) nose as this one. I just swipe this along the sides of my nose with the corner of a sponge, and hooray, I have a bridge! Love it. I'm too lazy to try out other brands, though I am curious about NYX taupe, MAC wedge/emote, etc, but if it works, why change it? This will last me for a while, and when I run out, I do see myself buying it again. Packaging is kind of clunky though, so depotted (depanned?) it into a more compact face powder case, the easier to bring along with me for instant face sculptey goodness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great find! I've tried just about all of them. I needed something to wear over my sunscreen that didn't look obvious, but blended in and took off some of the shine. This is a soft-focused matte finish that is sheer, not cakey and doesn't sit in my pores. I applied it dry. I picked cypress beige...the lightest color with warm tones and no pink. It's pretty close. I'm a neutral with warm undertones, so I'm not easy to match. The price is unbeatable. Edit: Liking the new Clinique better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ChickenTenders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this, this has become my HG foundation. I have seriously tried them all (MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Prescriptives, etc.) This is a powder that melts into the skin without sitting on top and looking powdery. It makes my pores appear smaller and makes me look airbrushed. Sure, it's not as finely milled as the high end products, but it does the job. It has sheer to moderate coverage and has NEVER broken me out (I'm sensitive with hormonal breakouts). The lightest color Laurel Nude is a perfect match for my fair/cool skin. At only $10, this is a great find. I found it at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta stores. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. **EDIT** Tried this wet just for fun. The color comes out MUCH darker when used wet, so be advised. I only wear this dry, so this is not an issue for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by win24

I've been using this product for years. I can't find around here anymore so I have to order it online. The price is reasonable. I use it dry and it does a nice job of matting my face. I hope the company continues to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by petitepoire

OMG!!! where has this foundation been my whole life?! seriously, had i discovered this sooner, i could've saved myself so much money. I decided to get this after reading all the MUA reviews. i've been looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG Smashbox Function 5 cuz hey...i can't afford to be spending $36 on a powder that hits the pan quick no matter how much i love it. well anyways, this is my new HG. I got this in cypress beige. my skin tone is a light-medium leaning a little more to the light side. I wear Smashbox in Fair 2 for reference. i got this for $10 at Ulta. the first thing i noticed what that the color matched me PERFECTLY. this has NEVER happened in my life! i'm talking about swatching it with my finger on my face and not seeing a difference at all in color. i was worried it was going to be too dark for me. i love that it has rice powder in it to control oil but also making it lightweight on my skin. i apply this dry with the sponge it comes with. for the first time ever, i was able to get full coverage out of a powder foundation without feeling cakey, heavy, or powdery. it felt really light on my skin like it wasn't even there. but i could see that i got full coverage from it but it looked really natural, like i naturally had a good complexion. i would say that the finish is a semi-matte with adjustable coverage. i haven't tried it with a wet sponge yet. i usually don't use powder foundation wet even if they are wet/dry. i haven't had a breakout yet. i'll update if i do. i'll probably go down a shade to laurel nude in winter. i really love this foundation. i was pretty long lasting throughout the day. and controlled the oil from my t-zone very well. i applied at 9am, i didn't have to blot until about 7pm. the packaging is durable, high quality plastic. much better quality than your average drugstore brand. it's a double layer compact where the sponge stores underneath and i'm happy it's not too bullky. some compacts are just too big, defeats the purpose of compact. the sponge it comes with is decent. it's not useless that's for sure. i don't have a problem with using it at all. it just feels like a thick rectangular generic sponge. the pan is 8g so i might hit the pan quick. but that's still more than Smashbox and hey, for $10 it's worth it. i'm so glad i gave this a try. i would definitely repurchase this.

EDIT 11/12/09 - Although i found my perfect color on the first try, i wish there was a wider color range because there isn't a color that's going to match me in winter. so i'm going to use MUFE Duo Mat in winter. another thing is, i've found that all my blushes don't hold too well on it. all my high pigmented blushes(MAC and NARS) last long like they normally do. But the color doesn't go on as pigmented or bright as they usually do on other foundations. i'm still cheaping it at 5 lippies because i think it's a really great product for the price. i'm on my second compact.