Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 4/14/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have tried almost every powder foundation.Drugstore,high end,mineral makeup and i find this one to be the best im acne prone and almost every other powder even b.m broke me out and this one did not it gives good coverage stays on all day it looks flawless in any light i love it

update-This was severly cakey looking and made me look ashy tried b.m matte and love it

on 4/9/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this product after my HG makers Lily Lolo re-forumlated their foundation shades, making everything alot more yellow and therefore unsuitable for my cool complexion.

I went on the hunt for a truly pink toned foundation, I was lucky enough to be able to sample the Palladio foundations before I bought a full size.

Texture/Application: This is a very creamy foundation, but with a great matte finish. It looks very natural in daylight and is easy to apply, I use either a mini kabuki or a flat foundation brush, with good results and coverage can be built up and still look natural.

Shades: There is a limited selection of shades.I tested Laurel Nude, Ivory Myrrh and Cypress Beige. Laurel Nude the palest shade available just about fits my skin, Cypress Beige was yellow-y and the Ivory Myrrh too dark.

Packaging: I have used lots of mineral foundations, but they were always loose and this pressed formula is so much easier to use. I haven't tested it with the sponge that comes with the product, but if I do then I'll update.

Price: I paid �11.90 for this from beautynaturals.com, the kind lady from CS also sent me samples first which was really helpful. (They also sell re-fills)
This is about a similar price that I have paid for other mineral foundations before and although this is slightly less product, it is very pigmented so hopefully will last a while.

UPDATE: I very rarely reach for this foundation anymore, mainly because my skin is now a shade paler than when I started buying it, and the lightest shade has a tendency to look a little yellow-y on my skin. Such a shame, because the coverage is fantastic! I would still recommend thought, as long as you are lucky enough to find a shade that fits your skin.

on 3/21/2010 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Cypress beige from Sally's after reading that it was a great MAC studio fix powder alternative and I've been using it for several weeks now.
It's been great so far, which makes me happy since warmer weather is coming in my neck of the woods and I hate using liq foundation during the summer.
This product takes away shine, doesn't break me out (MAC blot powder broke me out), and has pretty good coverage. It doesn't last the whole day, but long enough for my needs. I don't use the sponge it comes with and wish the packaging was a lil slimmer, but I just use an eco tools powder brush with it and deal with the size.

on 1/9/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this product makes me look ridiculously perfect and pretty i use it in everlasting tan over my already full coverage foundation for that qir brush effect i wet it a tiny bit and apply over my makeup.. however i have totally broken out from it.. everywhere.. i love it but man i have like little tiny bumps all over the place and when i dont use it for even a day or too they calm down or go away i wish i could find a pf doesnt break me out with these effects try it if ur not acne prone its amazing.. i go through it really fast tho it can be expensive b.c i seem to buy one about every month.

on 12/23/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews.. but the product broke me out :( I've been trying to find a really good powder foundation and no luck :(

on 11/27/2009 5:22:00 PM

great finish and lasts well, but too dry for my dry skin. didnt break me out. if i suddenly became oileier skinned i would buy this from sallys again!

on 11/27/2009 3:23:00 PM

I've repurchased this. I normally prefer MUFE F&B foundation, but from time to time, especially when I'm feeling like my skin doesn't look great and I have very little time, I use this foundation.

I didn't think powder foundation was for me but loved the idea since it's so quick and easy, and no powder necessary. Studio Fix was just AWFUL on me. I read reviews here and thought it was worth a shot since the price is so good. I'm so glad I bought it! The lightest colour is just barely light enough for me. If you're extremely pale, you may not be able to find a match at all. I find when I use my Target beauty blender ko sponge, dampened, with this, it takes about thirty seconds to get the red areas around my nose, mouth and chin, plus the forehead, and I'm done. It looks pretty darn flawless (at first anyway - lol, I touch my face too much). I haven't noticed it oxidizing on me at all either. I don't usually use it dry as I don't find it gives enough coverage for me that way. (I use the MUFE on 'don't need as much coverage' days). I'm extremely breakout prone and this has never caused me any problems.

Really, this is a great product. Totally worth a shot.

on 11/8/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice, sturdy packaging. It separates the applicator from the product and contains a mirror. I would suggest getting your own applicator, though.

I bought the lightest color, and it's too dark for my skin, and orange tinted. Maybe it will come in handy when I go tanning.

When I use it dry:
The product applies fine, it has light coverage and blends easily. Staying power is moderate, and it doesn't make my face feel dry and masque-y.

When I use it wet:
The coverage is better, but the color becomes muddier. Using water for the wetting doesn't work out too well for me, since it leads to a streaky application and tight skin. It's not a good way to get a natural look.

on 11/6/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not bad for a drugstore brand. It matches my skin tone perfectly (NC25, for Palladio I use WD402). I only use it as dry and it leaves my face smooth. Positive point is that it's quite cheap. A negative point about it is that it accentuates my pores and I my pores aren't even noticeable sans makeup! It's great if you're looking for a cheap but quality foundation but I'll stick to my MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation.

I love this powder. I only use it in the dry form over my other makeup. I have a naturally oily T-zone and it helps to absorb without making my face all chalkey or cakey.