July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Melli098

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser...gentle as it says...my skins feels clean and soft after using it but I miss the 'squeaky clean' feeling that Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash gives that Cetaphil doesn't. After using Cetaphil I feel like my skin is almost still somewhat oily after using since I have oily/dry skin. However, I think this cleanser is perfect for persons with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

I used to have pretty bad acne, I then discovered a life saving product called Benzyl Peroxide...off topic. Anywho, I used to use my neutrogena pink grapefruit wash religiously... little did I know that, that was only adding to my issue. The thing people (including myself) don't know is that if you have acne you MUST use a facial cleanser that has no medication, nothing. Just a water based gentle cleanser, then you can use a "treatment" to cure your problems. So this cleanser is PERFECT. Gentle, fresh, and cured me. Love love love love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by beautydork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This made both me and my mother break out. So if you're acne-prone just beware, but everyone's skin is different. This is a clear, gel that lathers up into a nice foam and is a bit drying, even for my combination/oily skin (but not terribly so). Overall, it's definitely not one of the best cleansers I have tried...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Oliviastar123

I love this product! It got rid of oil on my face with out over drying and made my skin feel silky smooth. It also works very well with my Clarisonic. It rinses clean out of the brush so it must be doing the same when I wash it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While this product works for some people, for my combination, oily skin, it did nothing except give me cystic acne and these painful red nodules. The cleanser is gentle, so I'll give it that, but after only a few weeks of using the product and breaking out painfully I tossed it. Packaging is okay, and the scent is not anything special or noticeable. Did not irritate my eyes, but clearly it irritated my skin for some reason or another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Madinah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been using dove soap for sensitive skin for my face for years. One day I went over to my parent's house for a sleep over and seen this in her bathroom and tried it out for the 2 days I stayed there and immediately (the first day I used it!) I found that my skin was so much more smoother and it would take longer for my skin to become oily again! My skin is very oily ... if you have oily skin you should try it out... it wont dry out your skin like other soaps/cleanser for oily skin, it'll leave your skin smooth, not oily (keep it like that for longer then normal) and feel really soft, only downside is the price $23.00 plus taxes for the big bottle, I bought it on my way back to my house and YES i would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this along with the Daily moisturizer with SPF 15. Never had any problems with this cleanser, one of the few where I didn't break out when I switched over. When I use it regularly it works for clearing out blackheads. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gumiho

It was a pretty good cleanser, but for some reason it leaks out the bottom and leaves a huge mess so...not happy with that. I did get a $2 coupon with it though, so that was a plus, but I don't know if that applies to all products, or if it was just my store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by iluhvns

I'M IN LOVE! For the longest time I tried all sorts of acne medicated cleansers in attempt to clear up my light/mild acne and nothing worked well for a long time. Things would work for a few weeks, then just stop. So I just decided to quit with all the harsh chemicals and go with the classic that was made for JUST a cleansing. And I do say, I wash my face with this twice a day and in a little less than a week, my acne has cleared up nicely! I feel really clean after I've used this, and I don't feel like I've just fed my face a bunch a chemicals. Everybody should at least give this stuff a try, in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

I bought this because the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was too gentle for me.
This made my face red and dried out. It was irritated basically. Didn't cause any acne, but I don't like leaving my skin thirsty even if I use my moisturizer afterwards. It's just way too harsh. My mom used it as well and she said it left her skin tight.

____________________________________________________
Update: 12/7/2012

I gave this another chance as I ran out of my expensive cleanser which had to be ordered online. It removes my makeup well and cleanses my face. I've had harsher cleansers before. It doesn't make my face red that much anymore unless I over-cleanse. I would definitely buy this again considering the good price for the amount I get. I won't be buying fancy cleansers anymore.