Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 10/7/2012 4:31:00 PM

I'm very disappointed with DW. It does cover well, but for me, its assets end there. As others have written, the bottle should have a pump or it should be in a tube. It oxidized just enough to change to an unnatural and flat, harsh color despite looking okay after application. I did not like the way it felt on my skin; heavy, as if making its presence known. It settled into minor creases and accentuated them. After 3-4 days of repeated use, my skin looked older and less supple, even after removing it. The worst part for me is that I purchased this to look great throughout a day of being photographed at a special outdoor event. Instead it gave me a harsh appearance in the photos. Being stubborn, I stopped using it, waited a couple months, and tried again. Ditto to all the above. I will not repurchase.

on 10/7/2012 3:04:00 PM

I love this makeup! They could easily name it the "Official Makeup for Menopause", because no matter how much I sweat, the makeup stays on all day.

I have a hard time finding foundations in the right colour as I am very fair with slightly pink undertones and most of the lighter shades available in my country are more towards the yellow undertones. Finding this was a revelation. I have the 1C1 Shell shade and it is a perfect match.

I love the coverage and that I hardly have to powder my nose (which gets a bit oily sometimes) at all. If I put this on before work around 9-10 it still looks fresh when I get home at night.

ETA: I got tired of the cakeyness of this and in the long run, the formula did not work for me as I've decided I prefer more glowy, natural looking finishes. It also dried out my skin a bit. The colour match is still pretty good, but the ghost face effect (appearing flat & white due to the SPF-ingredients) is not worth it.

on 10/6/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried this foundation numerous times and I always feel the same each time - yuck!! Upon initial application - the color looks great - skin looks flawless. (Make sure that you moisturize on dry spots because it will accentuate them as this is a heavy foundation.) Mid way thru the day - I can feel it sliding off of my face. By the end of the day - it just looks like a greasy, thick mess. I am NC20 and used Linen in the old shade and Sand in the new shade. By the way - EL redid the colors - but still no pump. (Another negative about this foundation.)

on 10/3/2012 11:46:00 AM

I think I found my HG foundation. I LOVE this stuff. The coverage is amazing. I usually have to apply alot of concealer but not with the ELDW! Im mac nc15 and wear Ecru in DW. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. Wish they would include a pump but a MAC pump fits just fine.

on 10/3/2012 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

after using bare minerals for the past 10yrs...it was time for me to change to a liquid foundation. I heard good reviews on the estee lauder double wear foundation...it last long...good coverage...and yes...that is true. It covers up my blemishes really well that i don't even need to use a concealer after.
BUT...
i have very dry skin and if i don't moisturize really well it brings out the flakes on my face. and even after moisturizing well it still makes my face look dry. I think though this is good to use during summer time so i'll try it then.
Now...
it has not broken my skin yet. I've been using it for about 2 weeks.

on 10/1/2012 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using this foundation for about 3 months now. My problem with foundations is that I am VERY pale, and I have a hard time finding something that doesn't turn me orange. I wore Clinique Even Better before switching (Linen, their lightest color, had become too dark for me). I went through tons of brands looking for something that worked, and the only other brand I found pale enough was Lancome. I just wasn't willing to pay that price tag. Anyhow, I wear shade 1C1 Shell with the SPF10. You have to be careful not to use too much of this foundation (that's where the cakeyness other reviews are talking about is coming from). This is not a full coverage foundation, and it is extremely blendable. I just dip a qtip in, and that amount is perfect. I NEVER look cakey. I apply with my foundation brush. The bottle sucks if you don't buy the separate pump. I use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to set it, and I can go all day without having to refresh my makeup. My only complaint is that I wish it had a bit more coverage, as it doesn't cover up my blemishes very well. I use a separate concealer for those.

Overall it has been one of the better foundations that I have used, and I don't mind paying $36 a bottle because it lasts FOREVER.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation.
There are things that I hate about it, but for all that I will repurchase when my bottle runs out (soon)
for reference, I'm quite pale with combination skin, and have this in Ecru.
THE GOOD
-The best staying power of any foundation. ever. you can dance the night away, go swimming, this stuff will. not. budge.
-Very high coverage, looks impeccable.
-Good for oily skin - I actually use a tiny amount just as a base for my nose if I'm wearing one of those dewy foundations that is loved by the rest of my skin, but will turn my nose into an oil slick by lunchtime.
THE BAD
-smells like paint...dulux?
-can look a bit heavy/cakey, ok for night wear, but I don't think I'd use this for day wear.
-makes it hard to blend other products put on top of it - ie. blush, powder shadow, bronzer.
-horrible bottle. just awful. wastes a huge amount of product because you have to pour it out of a wide glass bottle neck. seriously, how hard would it be to have a pump pack?
THE UGLY
-my very acne resilient skin would break out if I used this on a regular basis.
- and this is what prevents me from using this more...now, given the high coverage, porcelain like finish, and incredible staying power, one would think it would make a good 'special occasion' foundation...right? that's what I thought - I looked beautifully made up and flawless at a wedding, until I saw the photos...In which I was an enormous white ghostly head floating floating around the celebrations...no...it doesn't photograph well.

so, I'll keep it in the collection as a sort of concealer/primer/halloween makeup just for the sheer (sorry, matte) mightiness of the staying power, but if you're looking for an everyday or versatile foundation, keep looking!

on 10/1/2012 5:46:00 AM

WHITE FACE foundation. The number one (first) ingredient is titanium dioxide which makes you white in pictures. Worse than MAC studio fix though I stopped using that too, MAC also makes "whiteface" with its TALC being number one and titanium dioxide as well.
Returning tomorrow. Waste of time and effort.

on 9/30/2012 9:23:00 AM

i hate this foundation! i have a quite oily t zone and the rest of my face is normal, this foundation made my face look cakey and very "fake looking". it looks like im smothered in foundation, horrible. ill stick to just using my benefit perk up perfection and concealer, foundation looks to fake for me!