Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame

4.1

Isopropyl Myristate, Sesame Seed Oil, PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance

on 12/31/2006 6:57:00 PM

This product has been around for at least 30 years. Although I have moved on to fancier body oils and lotions such as Weleda, this has stood the test of time as a first rate body oil. You can apply to damp or dry skin. The price is great, the scent is great, what's not to like?

on 12/5/2006 5:26:00 PM

I have been using this body oil for years now, and although I have taken breaks from it, I always come back to it. It is a GREAT moisturizer, very indulgent, easy to apply in the shower, and leaves my skin silky smooth. And I love the fragrance - yummy, fresh, sensual. I go through it so quickly that I have gotten discouraged by the frequency of my purchases, and that is the only reason why I have stopped using the product before.

What a dream it would be to have a stockpile to last for a few years, then I wouldn't try to stretch it out like I do. I use lotion in addition to the oil especially in the winter months just to make sure my application is thorough. This also helps me stretch out the oil supply.

My routine post-shower consists of lightly toweling off so my skin is still damp, then I take the oil and apply it to my arms, legs, back and belly. I used to put this on my chest but noticed that I was getting irritation there so I stopped using it there. I allow that to sink in for a minute, then layer regular moisturizer (Gold Bond Ultimate) over the oil. I get compliments all the time on the dewiness and glow this combo gives me!

Fantastic stuff!

on 12/3/2006 1:28:00 PM

This is already HG material for me. I have the 'light sesemea (sp?)' formula, and i am not sure if there are other formulas, too. I put it on RIGHT after my shower, when my skin is practically covered in water. It smells AMAZING, completely unique, a little floral, and absolutely refreshing. Plus, it lasts forever. The oil locks in moisture on contact, and leaves my skin silky-smooth. I probably don't need to use a lotion post oil, but I will continue to during the winter months! I am so glad I bought this!

on 11/29/2006 11:10:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I remember using this over a decade ago...I just rediscovered it recently (did they change the smell? I somehow remember it smelling different years ago). I load this on while still in the shower & then give a quick rinse with cool water. It moisturizes unlike any body lotion I've tried. And I love that I can apply it in the shower...I hate applying body lotion after showering because I get so chilly! With this, I can snuggle right into my towel or robe right after showering! Ths stuff actually makes me look forward to showering...it makes taking a shower such a LUXURIOUS experience!!

on 11/28/2006 2:04:00 PM

Hands down to this one. Im crazy for no-fuss products and this is definately a winner. My acne prone skin has my hands tide and i often neglect the skin on my body. THis solves the problem. Takes a lot less time than applying lotion (which i really try to do). It goes on light-weight, non greasy and leaves a fresh scent that is my own. It smells different on my mom and on my cousins (who are neutrogena body oil junkies as well) and my boyfriend cannot stop smelling me when i wear this. I think im even more in love with the scent than the moisture it gives! :) If I layer on a basic body lotion, my skin is unbelievable supple and soft and Ive received my fair share of compliments from my friends. My mom who is nearing 50s uses this as well and her skin is baby soft! Even better than mine! LOVE IT.

on 11/21/2006 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful oil! Great for winter now that my skin is more dry. If I'm in the shower I just add this all over my skin at the end and the water seems to roll off of me. I don't hardly have to use the towel, so almost all of the oil stays on my skin. If I'm in the bath, I just add some to the water and it has the same effect. (Cauthion: The tub gets really slick.) I really like this stuff!

on 11/16/2006 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff. I use it right out of the shower, while I'm still damp. It soaks in quickly, I love the smell, and my skin feels so smooth. The only drawback is the packaging. Years ago I bought a super size bottle of this with a pump dispenser...it's too bad they don't use a pump on the regular sized bottles because it makes the product so much easier to use than the flip top, which makes it easy to pour out too much product and is just messy in general. I just transfer it to a pump bottle now, it's much easier to use.

on 11/9/2006 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this product. I used it when I was pregnant on my belly along with pure cocoa butter, and I didn't get one strech mark!! I like the scent and recommend it to anyone who has dry skin. I put it on while my skin is still wet from the shower and pat myself dry. It's wonderful!!

on 10/29/2006 5:17:00 PM

Recently I searched the boards in hopes of finding out which body lotion would make my skin the silkiest. But the reviews seemed to be very middle-of-the-road. I ended up giving this a try and I'm really glad I did b/c it turned out to be a true gem. It definitely makes my skin soo silky, super smooth and soft. You almost want to ask people to touch your skin and see, ha ha! Right now I use it after showering while my skin is damp and it absorbs very well and isn't greasy. Next opportunity I have to relax I'm going to add a drop to a nice hot bath. I think the scent is pleasant, however I agree with the others that the packaging isn't the greatest. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? YES. I found it's cheapest at Target ($7.49) as opposed to other places where it's at least $10. So buy it at Target (just not the Target by me LOL) NO body lotion out there compares. LOVE IT ♥

This is a great product, my skin gets very dry in the winter and this moisturizes me just right without feeling to greasy.