Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 3/31/2012 11:56:00 PM

The coverage is great, but I honestly don't know why the packaging was so ill thought-out. The size and slenderness of the tube makes it easy for traveling, but the lip-gloss like applicator makes applying and preserving it so unhygienic. I've been using the same tube of concealer for about four months now (there's surprisingly a lot - and I use a pretty generous amount each day,) and I've been noticing for the last three months that I've been getting whiteheads and even big pimples from where the concealer touched my skin. I am not unsanitary with the product; I wash my hands thoroughly before dabbing on a little bit on my finger, and lightly dab it on my trouble spots. Even with precautionary cleanliness, I'm still getting little breakouts. If you think about it, the packaging of the concealer is really gross. However you apply the concealer, the applicator touches skin, collects bacteria (even if you washed your face/hands!) and goes right back into the tube of remaining concealer where there's a whole pool of festering bacteria from your hands yesterday and the day before. Also, when the applicator is pushed in and out of the tube, a sticky-squelchy sound is made, and through that push/pull transmission of air, more bacteria enters the tube. Basically, the concealer has the shelf life of mascara. The concealer can only be used for a few months before the amount of bacteria infesting the tube is overwhelming and starts to show on your face. Considering how expensive the concealer is as well, I definitely do not think that this is a really worthy purchase. Unless Estee Lauder will consider changing the packaging to a squeeze-tube or something equally sanitary and efficient, I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/28/2012 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

(shade 02- light medium) It's actually amazing. Blends so nicely on top of foundation and it doesnt cake if you were to put concealer first and then foundation on top. I love putting it under my eyes, just brings a lift to my face.

on 3/28/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best concealer I have found so far. I used this 2 years ago & I don't know why I stopped using it! I recently purchased it again & I'm glad I did. It's easy to use. I just dab 3 dots on each eye and blend with my ring finger focusing on the inner part under each eye. Does a good job covering dark circles & blends easily into my Tarte TM. Will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 3/27/2012 5:55:00 PM

The ONLY concealer I have been using for years! I don`t use it under my eyes though. I use it on my face to cover up small dots and spots, like sun spots and red acne spots, etc. It is thick which I LOVE, so it really does cover. Also, it stays on for a looong time, I can say possibly all day, it looks very natural, never dry look. I had it in `Light` and now they have the `Extra Light` shade too, I am so happy, got that too! Price is good, $22, but for me it last a loong time. If you need to cover up little imperfections, this product is perfect! :-)))

on 3/22/2012 8:12:00 AM

This is a fantastic concealer .Most decent concealers will cover darkness or blemishes but if you've got fine lines as I do, my main concern is a concealer that won't settle into fine lines and make them look worse.This dosen't make lines look worse but a good eye moisturiser underneath is necessary as otherwise I think it could be bit drying.It layers ok as well and has spf 10 which isn't ideal but better than nothing.I ue this in light/medium which tends to be pink toned but it's workable on my nw 15 complexion.This also has a brightening effect which I like.One of the best out there in my opinion,I wouldn't be without this.

on 3/16/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this concealer and I emphasize love! It cover very well but I don't like it for under eye like a lot of people, but it works out for scars. It was expensive, but totally worth a the money...RECOMMEND!!!

on 3/9/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this mainly for under the eyes. It smooths well, conceals dark circkes well. I use it with Lancome's Maqi yellow correcter and my circles disappear. The wand is awesome for applying it. It also covers acne well, without making it worse. Very pleased with the staying power as well.

on 3/4/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have purchased this twice. I do like the concealer. Seems to do a nice job on undereye circles, stays in place and doesn't crease in fine lines too badly. Wish it had more SPF protection.

on 3/4/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been searching for my HG concealer and have tried many (boi-ing, erase paste, bobbi brown, stila, urban decay, creme de la mer etc...) but this is by far the best. I discovered the double wear line from my girlfriend whose makeup always looks flawless yet natural. She uses double wear light and double wear concealer and the only reason I've been resistant to using Estee Lauder is because I'm such a packaging junkie and I simply find the EL packaging boring. However, if you have oily skin then this line is absolutely for you! I have insanely oily skin and this concealer will stay put and does not crease or cake. Never again will I use another concealer!

I bought this concealer recently at an Estee Lauder counter after reading many reviews here on MUA as well as on beauty blogs, and I've to say that I am extremely pleased with its performance. The SA at the EL counter helped me select a shade that matched my skintone, and I purchased this in Shade 2, Light-medium. For reference, I have acne-prone oily-combination skin, and I am around MAC nc25. So far all the concealers that I've used have not been able to stay on my skin for long and they tend to slide off my face after around 2-3 hours (that's how oily I am, combined with the humid and hot weather in Singapore). This concealer is fantastic, not only with its coverage but its price as well. Coverage-wise, this concealer was really being put to the test as I happened to have a huge zit on the tip of my nose when I first bought the concealer, and it managed to cover the obscene red thing really well, and after more than 5 hours, it was still relatively well concealed (I just had to touch up a little). This worked its magic on the rest of my smaller pimples and red acne marks, as well as my dark circles. I have dark circles that are blueish in colour, and I only need a small dot of this on each undereye to cover my dark circles; they were still well covered throughout the entire day without any cakiness. In general I did not experience any creasing or cakiness with this concealer.
Price-wise, this concealer is really worth its price for the amount of concealer you get, and it is slightly more affordable compared to other high-end brand concealers that are also well-raved about. Before I bought this concealer, I checked out the price as well as the texture of other raved about concealers at one of the local Sephora stores. The Amazing Cosmetics concealer was retailing at about SGD$40 for the small tube which contained 6ml of product and Hourglass Cosmetics Hidden Corrective Concealer was SGD$42 for 3.5g of product. This is cheaper than these two as it costs SGD$34 for 7ml of product, and I only have to use a very small amount to cover blemishes hence this concealer should be able to last me for more than 6 months. One tip the SA gave me when I tested this out at the counter is to tap the concealer in for better coverage instead of swiping and rubbing it in. My only wish is for this to come in a squeeze tube for hygiene purposes, but as I don't use the doe-foot applicator to dot the concealer directly onto my face, this is not too big of a concern for me as I can always use clean fingers to take a small amount to apply onto my imperfections.