MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 6/7/2010 6:29:00 PM

This is a perfect eyeshadow brush, I could never really apply eyeshadow until I discovered it. This brush is magic, I think I'm gonna buy 3... 5 stars for sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Amazing brush.

Picks up and deposits color easily and without mess. The width makes it ideal for applying directly to the lid in a few quick strokes while its narrow depth makes it ideal for blending in the crease or smudging eyeliner in a pinch. Were I leaving on a trip, I'd only really need this one brush, it's that versatile. Meanwhile, it's held up through several cleanings now with no shedding, discoloration, or splaying.

Of the wide selection of eye brushes MAC provides, this is hands down the first one you should get!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What can I say? This brush really packs on the shadow to my lid without much fallout. Great for dark shadows and loose pigments mixed wth Fix+. The color really comes off the brush when you wash it. I'm planning on buying a few more of these.

on 5/27/2010 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this brush! I use it everyday to apply my eyeshadow all over the lid. It picks up the product well and is useful at blending out the edges. My HG!

on 5/24/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really good brush that does what it's supposed to do. Only works for application though, you'll need something else for blending.

on 5/16/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love love love it. Great brush. Can be used to pack on the color and to blend. Definitely worth the money. I first tried it out with my hello kitty collection. I used it so much that i started getting scared that i would ruin it. So i got the original size!

on 5/8/2010 10:09:00 AM

This brush is great! I love thats its small allowing you to reach the inner corners with out a hassle. The hairs are super soft allowing you to grab a good amount of product but not too much. it also applies beautifully and not rough at all!

on 5/3/2010 1:07:00 PM

Wonderful multi-use eye brush. Great for packing on colour, blending, getting in to the crease! Love it!

on 5/1/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow brush that I have found for packing on color. None of the other eyeshadow brushes in my collection comes close to this one. I heard that the Lowe Cornell 1/4" Maxine Mop was a dupe for this so I bought 5 of them at my local craft store. The paint brushes will do when my 239 is dirty, but they simply do not perform as well as the 239. I plan to buy several more if MAC would ever have another Friends and Family Sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This brush is one of my favourites. Its one of my dailies. I really like how well it blends on tricky surfaces like lids primed with UDPP.
Its good for holding pigments and loose shadows, but, I really prefer a denser brush for that job (my 228, mainly).
Its a nice stiff brush and thats a quality I tend to prefer in an eyebrush.
Definitely buy again.