October 25, 2014 | 1625 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by EDMdawn

I probably will never buy these again. They break off easily, they don't "glide" like they should which results in slight tugging and skipping when trying to draw a line. I've only had mine for about a month and a half and it already feels like it's getting really dry, and doesn't go on as smoothly like it first did. The staying power is pretty good, but it smudges easily! The color isn't as bold as I'd like for it to be...especially the brown. I'd rather stick w/ liquid liner that is waterproof. To be honest I think MAX Factor made a better eyeliner pencil than Avon did.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by sat4ngurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this. I actually used this as my first eyeliner because I was so into Avon back then. It was dull and I had no way of sharpening it. The line comes out thick and smudgey, and made me look like a raccoon. It breaks really easily also. But what bothered me the most was the dull point... self sharpening... liars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mybrightblues

I am VERY impressed with this eye liner! The staying power of this is great and so is the color ( I have it in black). The only downside of this is the price... but if you are interested in a quality product for your money, then you should definitely purchase this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by hannaxbear

The idea of a self-sharpening eyeliner is very appealing to a lot of people. Unfortunately, Avon's Glimmersticks don't cut it. You twist the pencil and more eyeliner comes out, like a lipstick, but nothing SHARPENS to the tip, so all you have is more eyeliner with a super dull point. You can't even use a regular sharpener on it to try it make it sharper because the material is too soft and small. To make things worse, the eyeliner smudges very easily. In a few hours, you'll end up looking like a whore. It's not a bad eyeliner to start out with as your first one ever, but it's definitely not a keeper. Wouldn't recommend or buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by bailersfolica

I think these eyeliners are great! You don't need to sharped them like regular pencils, and they don't ever smear. When I first tried out this eyeliner, I drew a few lines on my arm. The next day when I woke up, the lines were still there and hadn't smudged a bit. I've never noticed any tugging, either. They're also pretty cheap! I think I'll be buying a lot more of these glimmersticks!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by vanillacupcake

I found this quite difficult to apply - for a cream eyeliner you have to press quite hard, which I didn't like.

Also, like a previous reviewer said, you can't actually sharpen it so it gets quite blunt,

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by panda36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst eyeliner I've used. First of all the construction is very flimsy. I bought 2 of these eyeliners in different colors and both the twisting part broke in less than 2 weeks. Second the eyeliner is soft, and the eyeliner breaks off really easily, chunks at a time. The color is also less pigmented than I expected given what I see in the pencil. Lastly, while the no sharpening sound great, in reality it's awful because you can't sharpen it. But it doesn't really matter because the thing breaks apart before you can finish using the pencil anyways.
I suggest trying regular pencil eyeliner Avon sells instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

my favorite eyeliners of all time! i have been using glimmersticks for about 5 years now and love them. they glide on easily, wear well, can be defined or smudged, and last forever. plus, they are always a good price... normally $6, but usually on sale for much less. i have had dozens of these and have never had a single one break or crumble or tug during application. just about the only eyeliner i wear anymore. blackest black and cosmic brown are staples in my makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

This eyeliner was awful. I have epicanthic eyelids (eyelids very common in East Asians), and this smeared and transfered within 4 hours of wear. Mind you, I was doing very little physical activity, and if this thing smudges and smears while one is sitting, I can only imagine what it would do on a warm day. I thought I could salvage this for costume makeup, so I tested it at home by giving myself an Egyptian eye. The same thing happened, so I think I'll just chuck this in the bin.

I got the "Blackest Black" color, which is more like grayish black. To get a color that can be worthy of "Blackest Black," you have to apply this thing pretty heavily. It tugs, too. Not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh, I am so disappointed with this product. I purchased Cosmic Brown and Majestic Plum for $2.95 CDN each. I originally had a tester for Saturn Grey as well. It is incredibly hard to get color on. It's not smooth at all and tugs my lid. Also, this transfers and creases like mad. No staying power at all. I didn't like the Rimmel kohl eyeliner but compared to Glimmersticks it is SOO much better. So hard to use this product. I would never buy it again. Terrible.