August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by cutielicious

I am big hardcore Nexxus Shampoo and conditoner fan, but I do not like this product. I put it on damp hair, left it for 20 to 30 minutes. I did not use any heat, washed it and deep condtion. It cause more split ends and I did not see any great improvement. And the bottle is small, and the product is too expensive. NO

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I still am on the fence with this product. I cannot see that it did anything miraculous for my hair. I have used it approximately 4 times. I wait about 2.5 weeks between treatments. I however have only been leaving it in for 3 minutes as the bottle says but after reading the other reviews and seeing they have left it in for 20 minutes I might just need to leave it in longer. I will update after my next treatment. But so far I haven't noticed anything it does that my regular routine did not do. Still searching for my miracle hair care product:(

09-09-06 *******UPDATE******** Ok I completely stand corrected, I used this again tonight and instead of the 3 minutes it says to leave it on, I left it on 20 minutes with my bathroom heater on high and a plastic cap over my hair. After having used it that way I have 2 things to say: Number 1 this stuff shuld be called MIRACLE not Emergencee, and Number 2 My hair has never felt softer or looked less frizzy ever than after using this. My curls are even curlier, and I don't mean frizzy but true curls!:) I am in love with it now. For 5 treatments out of the bottle it isn't too badly priced considering it is nearly a 3 month supply for $13.00. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by bronytePP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have naturally curly light brown hair that i dye black every two weeks and use a flat iron at least 4/week. needless to say, after so much abuse it started breaking and stopped growing. after emergencee, i noticed results the very next day!!
i use it with a shower cap for 20minutes and then a conditioning treatment for another 20-25min. however, my cousin, who has pretty healthy, natural hair, tried it, and didn't notice much of a change. i think this product is only for those who really do have damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by DaleJrFan50

If my hair could speak for itself, it would take up a whole page raving about this product. My hair has been in an odd state lately. It started to break and split on its own and then i highlighted and dyed it recently. I also use a blow drier and flat iron most days of the week. This has helped save my hair. It has made it more like its old self. I see dramatically less breakage and my hair sheds less since I'm using this once a month. Some people say that protein can dry your hair out, but I guess my hair was in dire need of some protein because after i get done conditioning, the softest hair in my life is what comes out of using this product. Would definately recommend this to anyone. If you hair has a lot of breakage, I'd recommend using once or twice a month. If your hair is not in bad condition, I'd recommend using every other month or so. Great buy and I hope this product is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by afpace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't get the miracle-effect I was hoping for based on many of the reviews here, but it was still a pretty good product for me. My hair is in bad shape right now - extremely dry, coarse, naturally curly/wavy, and after having three babies back-to-back is in need of major TLC. While I would not describe my hair as silky after using it, it definitely is softer and I will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by VANESAPIETRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well let's see, I was lucky to stop the hair shredding until I had the bad idea to start using this product, then my hair started to fall like crazy, is being a month now, and I'm still trying to get back to normal!!!!!! THIS IS BAY FAR THE WORSE PRODUCT NOT ONLY DOES NOT DELIVER FOR ME, BUT MADE MY PROBLEM 10 WORSE!!!. If you have fine hair stay away from this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MysticSerenity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a life saver for hair. I have long hair thats dyed & highlighted blonde. Now any blonde will tell you that it can take a lot to keep her hair healthy seeing how much you do to it. This stuff keeps your hair healthy, shiny, and just amazing looking. It's very strong and it works better then anything else in hair care and I'm a beauty junky who's used every hair care line imaginable. My only problem would be that it can strip color somewhat so I'd recommend using this a few days before you dye your hair just so you don't strip anything :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by peachy_snapple

This stuff is amazing! I didn't realize most people here were leaving it on for 20 minutes! I must've only left it on for about 3 haha. I could already tell a HUGE difference to my hair after shampooing and conditioning it, but the best part was when I use my hair dryer for the day. My hair looked shiny, soft and felt incredible! My hair feels very glossy once I apply this and is already extremely soft before I even wash it again. Hopefully the bottle will last me for another two times but next time i'm going to leave it on under a shower cap for 20 mintues. Not expensive either, I purchased this at walmart for only $12. Lovvee this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kissxoxo16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing treatment that actually does what it says! I was desperate after a terrible highlighting job at my salon. My hair was straw-like and breaking off at the root. After reading all the rave reviews on here, I purchased emergencee that night at CVS for about $15. I first clarified my hair with Neutrogena Anti-Residue, and then applied Emergencee for 20 minutes under a warm towel. Then I shampooed it out very well and conditioned with Nexxus Humectress. After using this my hair looked healthier, felt stronger, and was noticeably smoother and softer. This and Nature's Therapy have been the only things that have seemed to make a difference in my damaged hair. I can't wait to use it again because the results get even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonder product. I've been using it along with Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo and Keraphix conditioner and it's saved me from having to chop off my long hair after a bad perm (don't believe them when they tell you the perms are so much better than they were in the 80s!) I get good results just from leaving it on for ten minutes in a hot shower, but even better with 20 minutes under a shower cap in a hot bath. Don't try to comb this through, it doesn't have any detangling properties, and you must shampoo it out and condition afterwards (follow the directions on the bottle.) I use the Headress leave-in after showering and I can get a comb through my hair again. Nexxus is the best for damaged hair and I'm so happy I can find it at CVS now!