Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 11/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I actually had this sitting around for a long time because I don't have much of a need for "cuticle butter." One day my hands were really dry and about to crack but I didn't have any hand cream. I slathered this over my hands instead, and to my surprise it left them velvety soft - moisturized but not greasy. Since then I've used this as a tiny, purse-friendly alternative to my bulkier hand creams. It also has a very refreshing lemon-y scent that doesn't at all remind me of cleaning products. Love!

on 11/19/2011 9:02:00 PM

This is pretty good stuff, it really moisturizes and leaves my cuticles looking better, even when they are dry and ragged. I also don't mind the scent, it's kind of earthy and herb-y and lemony. It has a waxy feel rather than being greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. The container is ok- it's just a tin but I haven't had any issues with the lid falling off or anything. The product seems to last a long time but honestly I don't use it as much as I should. I have repurchased this a few times.

on 11/13/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

For too long I ignored my hands and while I did my nails weekly, my cuticles looked pretty crappy. I picked this up based on the great reviews & am happy to say that I love it too. I use it daily, along my Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream, and my hands and nails look so much better. Not sure why I waited so long to try this. I will definitely be giving these as stocking stuffers this year

on 11/8/2011 9:01:00 PM

I used this all the time when I had my acrylic nails on (for a good year!) I never had time to get them refilled right away and my cuticles tended to get dry when they grew out. Instead of gross white cuiticles drawing attention to my outgrown nails, this soothed my dry nails and made them look more natural. Even I could hardly tell that they were outgrown because they were so smooth and blended with my natural nails.

on 11/6/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i looked up for the review of products treat dry cuticle and found this one. it turns out to be amazing!
at first, i thought the texture was a little thin. but it's very smoothy and easy to apply. i bought it yesterday and only used it once. it made my cuticle look the way it used to be. awesome!
i'm gonna buy one for mom too!

on 11/5/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

not too much to say about this really...

nice lemony smell, not too overpowering.
rubs in easily without leaving a coating behind, but isnt too thin. takes a bit to fully sink in, which is good.
and is awesome at keeping my cuticles from getting dry and cracked!

i plan to rebuy this time and time again, as i use it with every manicure :)

on 11/1/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this product for so many diferent reason:
1. It keep my cuticles looking great.
2. Under eye cream
3. Lip balm
4. Hand cream ( I scoop a little bit up, warm it up in my palms and rub it into my skin)
5. Smooth fly aways from my hair.
And the best part it hardly takes up any space in my handbag and lasts a long time. I cannot live without this stuff!

on 9/27/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
I never use a cuticle cream and wanted to try one, so of course I went on MA and read a bunch of great reviews.
The next time I went to Wal-Mart I picked this up, along with a nail buffer and omg I'm in love.
This product is more a waxy rather than a creme, but you won't be disappointed.
On the way home from the store I used this product and it absorbed quickly and didn't feel greasy at all.
Oh the scent it not like strong lemon cleaner lol, its really sweet and pretty like a lemon dessert.
I've only had this product for one week and it does make buffing my nails last even longer, I use it several times through out the day and can't tell if it's helping strengthen my nails yet.
I recommend you to try this product, is really inexpensive so even if you don't like it your not out anything <3

on 9/10/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

oily, waxy products like this just don't moisturize my cuticles. i really wanted to like this because i love Burt's Bees and the smell is over-the-top delicious, but it just didn't work for me.

on 9/10/2011 12:56:00 PM

I received this as a gift and was really looking forward to using it - I don't have really dry skin, but have to wash my hands lot during the day in my work and find this leads my nails to become weak and peel and the skin around my fingernails to become dry and flaky which also causes hangnails. Nothing I seem to do helps with this - cuticle oil, hand and nail cream, emollient cream....I have used this regularly recently and tend to put it on at night as it's quite thick and greasy. I do wake up with softer skin surrounding my nails in the mornings but it still remains quite flaky. It hasn't made enough of a difference yet to warrant me buying it after this tin runs out. Hopefully that might change the longer I use it! But for now I wouldn't buy it again as I find hand creams much more convenient.