December 22, 2014 | 1482 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by chisco34

This product is good. I used to love it and then one day, I just didn't. Nothing really changed, I think it was the frustration of it not having much staying power. If you are a face toucher absolutely forget it! I am not, but occasionally I rest my chin on my hand and I would always have a white chin. It also come off around your mouth when you eat. That being said, this is TOTALLY comparable to Smashbox creme compact foundation and MAC Studio Tech. I used those two for years, and this is just as good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this isn't the greatest foundation, but not bad either. I have the Tender Peach shade and it's a good compact that I can throw in my bag for touch ups during the day. It has a nice creamy texture, that probably wouldn't be so great for more oily skin types. It gives good coverage, but doesn't have great staying power (hence why I bring it for touch ups). It also has the tendency to turn a bit orange on my skin if I don't smooth it out enough, but that could just be the shade I use. Overall it's good for the compact foundation's I've tried

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by foxychick6748

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i personally love this product. I used to wear expensive foundations and i think this product looks just has good if not better and is a fraction of the price. It goes on smoothly and it blends nicely. It looks very natural on the skin i am the color ivory beige usually but the color tender peach goes well with my tan. The new complexion bronzer looks very nice over this foundation. The only thing that is not so good is like most foundations it kind of wears off by the end of the day especially if you have oily skin like me. If you can find a shade that compliments your color i would recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jsanchezd

I use this for touch-ups. Looks very natural. On the bad side, not too great staying power and it DOES rub off very easily on clothes, a nuisance when wearing white (either you or your significant other!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by KIDCURRY1942

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would recommend this product if it weren't for the poor shade selection. The Ivory shade was a little too dark and "off" for me. Tender peach is too orangey. I love the product itself, though, because it gave really good coverage.I like the simplicity of just one step and you're done. I won't buy it again unless Revlon improves on the range of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

I like the texture, and it goes on really well, but I agree with the poster who said the Ivory tone is too dark. I am very fair, and from the packaging, I thought the lightest shade would be okay for me, but it is actually a little too dark. Not very many color shades in total, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PixRae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ivory Beige 01
I'm a fair girl with an olive undertone: the colour was a good match for me.

Not an everyday foundation! This actually works best as a concealer for me - I use a brush to apply (If you use a sponge, use the square sponges you can pick up at the drug store - any porous sponge will give you an application that will make you want to murder people at REVLON) and feather it out to blend in.
It has a nice matte finish, I can actually use only this and a light powder to get me through the day - for a full 'I feel pretty' day I'll use a light coverage foundation (SkinTones by Trucco is still #1 in my books, mind the price) for all-over; again, still using this as a concealer.
The colour can appear orange-y, and certainly doesn't take to dry skin at all. Again, the trick to making this stuff work is to use a brush or thicker sponge: I have extremely temperamental skin and have not had any breakouts related to this product in a month. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I've tried tons of foundations over the years but this is the only one I can rely on after 10 years to cover my acne gorgeously when I'm having an awful breakout. This is my HG for acne coverage!

PROS: It's quick to apply, it covers my breakouts amazingly and evens out my skintone. It even fooled my best friend--she said my skin looked great but I had to wipe it all off to show her how badly I was breaking out. I'm a MAC NC25-30 and the shade Tender Peach 02 works well enough with my skintone despite being a bit on the orange side. You can also control the coverage from medium to heavy.

CONS: Exfoliate well before using this product b/c this product accentuates flakes. This foundation transfers easily so avoid resting on pillows and watch your collars and sleeves. Also, this can look cakey if you apply too much. I get the best results by applying with a sponge. If my skin is really dry, I'll squirt a drop of moisturizer onto my sponge before swiping some foundation. I wish there were also a better selection of colours too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by miki53

I really regret to buy this product. This foundation is too sticky and makes my skin feel itchy. Color is limited and too orange. Coverage is good. but that's all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by calstudent25

I have bought this twice and it has worked fine if applied with a foundation blush. Applying with the sponge or fingers doesn't seem to work to wel. I'm currently on accutane so this accentuates the flakies like no other. And it most definitely is not one step!! I have to set it with powder to keep my face from looking too oily. Unfortunately, this product rubs off like crazy! My face could be resting against some type of cloth and when I move it there is some of my makeup on it. Sadly, I'm just not too impressed. I'm thinking about delving into the world of MAC... Revlon just doesn't do it for me.