April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

I like the texture, and it goes on really well, but I agree with the poster who said the Ivory tone is too dark. I am very fair, and from the packaging, I thought the lightest shade would be okay for me, but it is actually a little too dark. Not very many color shades in total, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PixRae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ivory Beige 01
I'm a fair girl with an olive undertone: the colour was a good match for me.

Not an everyday foundation! This actually works best as a concealer for me - I use a brush to apply (If you use a sponge, use the square sponges you can pick up at the drug store - any porous sponge will give you an application that will make you want to murder people at REVLON) and feather it out to blend in.
It has a nice matte finish, I can actually use only this and a light powder to get me through the day - for a full 'I feel pretty' day I'll use a light coverage foundation (SkinTones by Trucco is still #1 in my books, mind the price) for all-over; again, still using this as a concealer.
The colour can appear orange-y, and certainly doesn't take to dry skin at all. Again, the trick to making this stuff work is to use a brush or thicker sponge: I have extremely temperamental skin and have not had any breakouts related to this product in a month. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I've tried tons of foundations over the years but this is the only one I can rely on after 10 years to cover my acne gorgeously when I'm having an awful breakout. This is my HG for acne coverage!

PROS: It's quick to apply, it covers my breakouts amazingly and evens out my skintone. It even fooled my best friend--she said my skin looked great but I had to wipe it all off to show her how badly I was breaking out. I'm a MAC NC25-30 and the shade Tender Peach 02 works well enough with my skintone despite being a bit on the orange side. You can also control the coverage from medium to heavy.

CONS: Exfoliate well before using this product b/c this product accentuates flakes. This foundation transfers easily so avoid resting on pillows and watch your collars and sleeves. Also, this can look cakey if you apply too much. I get the best results by applying with a sponge. If my skin is really dry, I'll squirt a drop of moisturizer onto my sponge before swiping some foundation. I wish there were also a better selection of colours too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by miki53

I really regret to buy this product. This foundation is too sticky and makes my skin feel itchy. Color is limited and too orange. Coverage is good. but that's all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by calstudent25

I have bought this twice and it has worked fine if applied with a foundation blush. Applying with the sponge or fingers doesn't seem to work to wel. I'm currently on accutane so this accentuates the flakies like no other. And it most definitely is not one step!! I have to set it with powder to keep my face from looking too oily. Unfortunately, this product rubs off like crazy! My face could be resting against some type of cloth and when I move it there is some of my makeup on it. Sadly, I'm just not too impressed. I'm thinking about delving into the world of MAC... Revlon just doesn't do it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is okay. Does its job well. It has medium coverage that looks very natural IF you get the right shade, which may be hard as it does not have a large shade selection to choose from. It does not, however, have a powder finish like it says; it has a dewy finish that I feel needs to be powdered over to look nice. It also is a tad on the pinky side. Both those together took a lippy off. Other than that, it is okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by magicBUS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

hmmmm. this product disappointed me. for the first week or so of using it, it was fantastic! the color (tender peach 02) was perfect for my NC25 skin. It blended beautifully and was so light but with amazing coverage. but things started to turn around the three week mark, literally. i guessed it was from oxidation of the product, but it turned darker and more orangey and develop a weird smell. the consistency of the product stayed the same when i put it on my face but it was too dark! i'm guessing because when youre applying it the container is open and thus the air oxidizes the formula. what a same i thought i found my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by KERSTINA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first foundation that I've had no complaints about and I have tried so many, gives my skin a glow but not a shine, and makes my skin look younger, also doesn't feel/look thick or cakey. It looks perfect with a light dusting of powder.
***Update*** I'm gonna have to change my mind on this one, it worked great for me at first, and the color was a perfect match for my skintone, but now the seasons changed and this makeup just can't take the heat, it slides right off my face, there's not enough powder to hold this one in place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a pretty big Revlon fan, but this leaves a lot to be desired. My first complaint is that the lightest shade, Ivory Beige, is way too dark to have the word "ivory" in it. Yipes. Second, while I like the fact that the little sponge applicator has its own little compartment under the foundation, that little spot has holes in it. That just makes me feel like dirt and whatever gross crap is riding around in my purse is getting through the holes and all over the sponge, which I will then rub all over my face... Finally, the price tag is outrageous for makeup that I can buy at Wal-Mart or a grocery store. For a few bucks more, I can go buy a much higher-end foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

Didn't really care for this..I just don't like thick layers on my skin which is what this is. I don't need a lot of coverage, tinted moisturizers work much better for me, but if you want coverage I'd think this is really nice. Got it in Tender Peach 02.