Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/3/2007 11:42:00 AM

For reference, I'm a MAC C3 complexion with combo skin. I purchased this in the lightest shade 01 and it's a PERFECT match. It was easy to apply with the sponge - you just have to make sure to blend well. You don't need a lot of the product, just a light swipe for each area you're covering, otherwise you may look too heavy. I like to finish with a powder because I like the matte look and it also keeps shine away longer than without a powder, so I wouldn't say this foundation is a 1-step for me (I use the matching powder in 07, which surprisingly was another perfect match). It's a bit expensive for a drugstore brand but at least I can watch for sales. Overall, I'm glad I found this product as it's a cheaper alternative to the more expensive brands.

on 10/1/2007 4:11:00 PM

I love almost all Revlon products, but this was a disappointment. I was looking for something equivalent to CG's Aquasmooth foundation, but this foundation was much greasier and slippery than Aquasmooth. I chose a color which was slightly too dark for me, but even with the correct shade I doubt I would purchase this again. This highlighted my flaky patches while simultaneously looking cakey and heavy over my oilier patches. It was extremely easy to apply, the only good point I think, but has absolutely no staying power. One slight touch of my face left foundation streaks on clothes, hands and my cellphone. Also, the compact is extremely ugly - a grey/brown with a hint of shimmer.

on 9/28/2007 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For Reference in MAC NC 35-40 Oily with a few dry patches on forhead (psoriasis), old acne scars (pock marks) on both sides of cheeks, 3 or 5 really red ones and the rest is okay-ish
Ive come to realize that you can not rely on the overall rating of a product on this website. You need to put in work. You need to weed through the "this was the worst product ever!" type reviews, and read the ones that explain WHY specifically they didn't like it AND I think this is very important, look for reviews made by people who have similar skin characteristics as you do. After figuring this out, I have been able to find so many great products. BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ! Okay, Im done ranting...
I picked this product up in Natural Tan. Now. When you open the compact you are going to say "Holy Jesus, this is insanely dark" if you use the sponge it comes with, you are not only going to say the same thing, but might be disappointed with the coverage. HOWEVER, when this product is applied LIGHTLY with a foundation brush, beautiful things happen! I'm not kidding when I say this. I literally lightly swiped the brush over the compact twice for each section being applied to. Swiped maybe 7 times total for my entire face! and I LOVE FULL COVERAGE.
It covered my super red scars, AND my pink psoriasis! I didn't look cakey at all, but like always, even with out make up... I blot in a 12 hour school/work day 4 or 5 times. But who cares?? The coverage is immaculate and does not break out or irritate at all.
I took ONE LIPPIE off because, if you do blot a lot, u have to re apply that area, but not even with a whole swipe of the compact! It takes 5 seconds, 10 seconds if u add some translucent (KEY) powder. (adding powders with color makes foundation darker if you're reapplying) All I read are gripes about having to reapply. WHO CARES ! It takes 10 seconds to stay flawless!!! How lazy are you!!??

on 9/27/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives to Clinique Superpowder, so I decided to try this when I found it on sale. I wasn't expecting such a creamy formula so I was immediately disappointed. It looked thick and heavy (and dark!) on a sponge. I also tried applying it with my fingers and it felt greasy. It settled into my pores, looking like the seeds in strawberry flesh, as well as the fine lines around my mouth and eyes, making them look much deeper and larger. The shades run dark because I purchased the lightest shade and it's too dark for me. I'm afraid this was a waste of money.

on 9/17/2007 7:02:00 PM

This product is good. I used to love it and then one day, I just didn't. Nothing really changed, I think it was the frustration of it not having much staying power. If you are a face toucher absolutely forget it! I am not, but occasionally I rest my chin on my hand and I would always have a white chin. It also come off around your mouth when you eat. That being said, this is TOTALLY comparable to Smashbox creme compact foundation and MAC Studio Tech. I used those two for years, and this is just as good.

on 7/12/2007 12:11:00 AM

So this isn't the greatest foundation, but not bad either. I have the Tender Peach shade and it's a good compact that I can throw in my bag for touch ups during the day. It has a nice creamy texture, that probably wouldn't be so great for more oily skin types. It gives good coverage, but doesn't have great staying power (hence why I bring it for touch ups). It also has the tendency to turn a bit orange on my skin if I don't smooth it out enough, but that could just be the shade I use. Overall it's good for the compact foundation's I've tried

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i personally love this product. I used to wear expensive foundations and i think this product looks just has good if not better and is a fraction of the price. It goes on smoothly and it blends nicely. It looks very natural on the skin i am the color ivory beige usually but the color tender peach goes well with my tan. The new complexion bronzer looks very nice over this foundation. The only thing that is not so good is like most foundations it kind of wears off by the end of the day especially if you have oily skin like me. If you can find a shade that compliments your color i would recommend this product.

on 5/30/2007 2:58:00 PM

I use this for touch-ups. Looks very natural. On the bad side, not too great staying power and it DOES rub off very easily on clothes, a nuisance when wearing white (either you or your significant other!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I would recommend this product if it weren't for the poor shade selection. The Ivory shade was a little too dark and "off" for me. Tender peach is too orangey. I love the product itself, though, because it gave really good coverage.I like the simplicity of just one step and you're done. I won't buy it again unless Revlon improves on the range of shades.

on 5/3/2007 10:15:00 PM

I like the texture, and it goes on really well, but I agree with the poster who said the Ivory tone is too dark. I am very fair, and from the packaging, I thought the lightest shade would be okay for me, but it is actually a little too dark. Not very many color shades in total, either.