Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 1/7/2012 11:10:00 PM

I don't get this product, I really don't. It seems like a bit of a gimmick - ala French mineral spring water in a can. I used it on my sunburn & noticed no difference - just as effective as spraying tap water on my skin really. But it is *expensive* so yeah, I guess that makes it all better.

The bottle is cheap & the spray sorta hits you hard in a fast spritz - the sorta thing you don't want to do directly on your face & near your eyes.

Avene could have done way better with this one. Won't be buying it again.

on 1/3/2012 9:26:00 AM

I do not have much issues with my skin .. Except for the one or two pimple/acne once in a while which will subside pretty fast .. Staying in a hot humid country .. This thermal water helps to keep me refreshed .. Especially after lunch ! Used it as a toner occasionally .. Don't see significant difference other than dewy look after using .. love how refreshing it makes me feels as well ..

on 1/1/2012 4:49:00 AM

Price: I bought 2 for AUD 20 for biggest bottles. Would not pay full price, not that Im tight arse but I cannot justify paying as per Australian market mark ups to cosmetic products here

Packaging: Love the bottles however the spray nozzle is bit damaged, doesn't spray evenly. Not a huge downfall however I would like an even spray

Purposes used for: itches, after shave burns, mosquito bites, redness and just like that! I love this product and wonder why dint I use it earlier. Even my hubby loves this stuff now, although he doesnt fully understand the product he just loves the feeling of something sprayed on his face after hot shower.

This product also helps with hydrating my skin on hot summer days when I dont want to wear a moisturiser or lotion.

Overall its great product but wouldnt mind trying other brands out there with similar functionality.

on 12/30/2011 6:54:00 PM

Yes this is water in a spray can. However, where I live the water is 'hard'. I sensitive and dry skin and I use this a lot to soothe my skin when it feels tight or irritated. Normal tap water does nothing to calm my skin when it is red. Which is why I use this. It is also great in the summer. I also spray it over makeup during the day as a refresher. I have used this on the plane because my skin felt so dry from the air inside. I have both the large can and the small travel size in my bag. I get this at Shoppers in Canada and I find the best way to save money is wait until there is a sale on Avene products and buy the largest size can to get the most for your money. I never buy it full price and stock up when there is a sale. I tried LRP's version and I prefer Avene. I find Avene is more soothing for my skin and LRP is more expensive.

on 12/6/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Since moving from California to New York for school, my skin has made a turn for the worst. The past 6 months have been horrible with consistent breakouts everyday, and before now I never had severe acne. My skin also was never that sensitive back in California, but now it's so irritable and acts up very easily. In a desperate attempt to try to control the acne and soothe my now sensitive skin, I brought a slew of products. I remembered the brand Avene on a couple beauty blogs being holy grails for women with sensitive skin. The spray is what they're really known for.

The product description says it can be used to calm post-acne treatments. It's absolutely right. After slathering on benzoyl peroxide on my spots, it almost instantly calms down the redness. Not only do I use it right after my acne medication, I also use it to refresh my complexion throughout the day when my skin looks dead from all the concealer. I also use it right after I wash my face and before I put on my moisturizer (Emily Weiss from Into the Gloss uses it for this purpose too) and it really helps it sink in (I use JM Argan Oil as my moisturizer).

I got the 5oz can for $11.50 at a drugstore, which I thought was reasonable at the time I bought it (I was desperate to try anything that could potentially help). Even though it works, it's still a tad bit expensive. Still, I'm going to repurchase since it's one of those products that can be used for many different purposes. The next time I'm going to buy the largest size since I use it very often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recently had a severe rosacea flare up ... have only ever just had the minor flushing ... but this was horrible it even went into my eye ... water couldnt even touch my skin it was that bad ... so because I couldnt use tap water on my face I bought the spray $22CAD ... it was instantly soothing ... in fact using this instead of tap water on my face .. AMAZING RESULTS .... no more tap water = beautiful soft skin with no redness .. I look like a teenager again! Its amazing what it has done for my skin .... I felt like an arse buying a $22 bottle of spray water but dont knock it until you try it!!! ... I love it so much I felt I needed to come write a review!!!

on 11/23/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most 'famous' thermal water. It's ok, but it's not as good as the La Roche Posay or Uriage one.

This one kind of dries out my skin a little even though I don't leave it to dry by itself. It's alright for a pick me up during the day or to calm the skin. In my school, the airconditioning is so cold and makes the air so dry, but the weather outside is so hot and humid. This puts my skin through alot of stress and makes it very prone to redness. I use this to calm down the skin throughout the day.

It does an ok job with the redness. But once I finish this bottle I won't repurchase. There are better thermal waters out there.

on 11/22/2011 2:47:00 PM

WHAT IS IT? Spray mineral water
INGREDIENTS: Avène Thermal Spring Water, Nitrogen (serves as a propellant)
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This is exactly as it sounds - spray water in a can. Why would anyone pay for this? I choose to because I use it to set the mineral powder I wear as a sunscreen and living in an area with very hard water, I find that this calms my skin after washing with the local water supply. Also, the spray provided by this product is much finer than what one can achieve with a standard atomizer or spray bottle.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to purchasing cheaper brands of spray water should they become available. I only buy cruelty-free so La Roche Posay (parent company L'Oréal) doesn't interest me even though its price point is lower.
PRICE: $22.50 CAD for 300ml bottle (largest size) lasts close to a month with once daily usage

on 11/6/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely love this stuff. I first heard about this by a co-worker back when i used to work in the food industry, a place where i was literally sweating my makeup off! She told me her sister tried it and her make up stayed put. Since then, (it's been a couple years) it's HG for me, i use it everyday and i will not do my makeup without it! it's so refreshing and keeps my makeup in place:) it's great especially when you're in a hot environment. a GREAT test for it is going out to a club, where you SWEAT, i did and my makeup, STILL stayed put:) honestly so impressed with this product. and honestly it's not even that expensive, for the large spray bottle its around 25, and lasts you a REALLY long time. The medium sized bottle is around 20 and ALSO lasts a long time, and the travel size which is like 10-15 bucks, lasts for at least a month. so i mean the amount your paying for is nothing for the amount it lasts:) OHHHH also, it helps SOOOO much with razor burn! i mist it over my legs after i shave and the result is just magnificent<3 LOVE!

on 11/2/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product for the 1st time just a few weeks ago, and it quickly became one of my essentials.
My eye contour area is very sensitive, and prone to allergies, specially in this time of the year. It was feeling itchy, so I decided to give it a try.
I used to think this was overpriced, since it was basically water in a can. But it's so much more than that. The ithching is gone and I feel like my skin is more luminous and hydrated.
Definitely a must-have for those with sensitive skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products