NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 7/29/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, I am a makeup freak! But funny thing, I don't wear it on a regular basis and I don't wear any base because on my dark brown complexion all bases either look ashy or dirty orangy. So when I just want to look fresh I put on a little coconut oil (raw) on my face, mascara, a clear brownish gloss and THEN, look out! Exhibit A looks neon bright orange ridiculous but I am telling you, it makes my skin look gorgeous. It is highly pigmented without all that powdery filler and it just attaches to my skin and makes me look flushed and healthy and not at all orangy. Here's how I do it: Dab, dab with my blush brush and then dab dab on clean tissue and lightly dust onto cheeks. Then I press it into my skin a little and I'm done! It would look so fresh on very fair freckled skin too! I use so little of it it will last forever but I may buy another just in case! Hurrah for Nars. They make colors for ALL skin tones and do a gorgeous job at it.

on 6/23/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been lusting after this product for so long, I miss the rouges of decades past that gave real color, not the powdery mauvey pans I see overwhelming MU counters. This color was a must have, even if I just stared at it. I've finially relinquished my dark eye/nude lip combo for healthy RED lips and have been looking for a few great blushes to combo with it. MAC Loverush is a great neutral one, but not enough red in it, MAC Laid Back is a fantastic reddish burgundy creme blush, but I was looking for a healthy red-pink, and NARS has achieved it! As all others have said, you must apply a light amount and blend blend blend! But I use this and I've got the absolute best blush to wear with red lips. Sometimes I'll do the following: Guerlain bronzer #02, then MAC Laid Back creme, and finally a llight coat of NARS Exhibit A, the color is a blend of bronze, the dewey burgundy and a hint of reddish-pink flush. Finally a blush that shows up on my skin in the summer without having to resort to bright corals! Would definitely repurchase, and may for a back up.

on 5/1/2009 5:23:00 PM

I would never have thought this blush could work for someone as pale as me (nc15) but this blush is just gorgeous. I use my MAC 188 stippling brush and barely touch the surface, a light hand is a must. I apply to the apples of my cheeks and blend for the most perfect, natural rosy cheek. Who would have thought such a scary looking colour could look so natural. This blush is extremely pigmented, I only use a tiny amount of product each time which balances out the price as this will last a very, very long time.

on 4/28/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I just got this blush and i love it. I am dark in complexion and I love the way it shows up on me without making me look like a circus clown. Love it!!

on 4/9/2009 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I will never have to buy this blush again but I would gladly do so if I have to. I've been using it all week and it still looks untouched. I'm NC45 and all I do is tap my 187 brush twice (barely touching) into this blush and it's enough color to put on my cheek to keep it looking like a natural blush color. It lasts all day. Sometimes I just want to apply more and more but it's just so simple to get the right look with hardly any product. If I could give it a 6 I would. This is my favorite Nars blush yet. It's scary in the pan but natural on the skin with correct usage. This and MAC Tippy are my favorite go to natural blushes.

on 3/18/2009 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have found a perfect "flush" cheek color! Who would have thought that it would appear bright orange clown-esq...
After reading all of the reviews on this particular shade of blush, I still had mixed feelings. But, on my last shopping trip to Sephora, I tried the infamous orange Exhibit A, and realized, that a little goes a long way! However after the SA came over and saw my bright orange spot, she fixed it and volia, I had a perfect flush.
I will most likely never need to buy this again, but in the off chance that I need to, I will.

on 3/14/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

One thing i love about Nars blushes is that they are very well pigmented as long as you get the right colour for your complexion. This is a bright, bright deep orange/red, which is great on most complexions as long as you are very light handed and looks great when used with a highlighter to balance it out. Great multi-purpose product on the go for eyes and lips (with clear gloss) too!

on 3/12/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love, love, love this color, but I'm fair. It's a joy for me to find a bright, flat red. I even use it on my lips under glossy Stila lip glazes.

on 3/4/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upon reading dozens of reviews on NARSí Exhibit A blush, I was really excited about purchasing it. After several days of using the product, I can honestly say that it is, indeed, different than any other blush Iíve tried. Itís negative attributes far outweigh itís positives. Wait - is there anything ď+Ē about this controversial blush, whom many claim to be one of the best things to have happened to makeup in the last decade? Well, read on...

Exhibit A is a very densely packed and hyper-pigmented blush. The initial color in the pan is a bright crimson color, like tomatoes. Yet, when applied to my light-medium yellow-toned skin, it shows up more like a bold, reddish-pink, with pink being more apparent. The color, in a muted state, is a very nice, natural flush. However, this is where the praise for Exhibit A ends.
What is most frustrating about this blush is that it is so difficult to apply! With the lightest touch of my brush, the pigment just annoyingly clings to it. Same thing happens when applied to the skin. It just drags on the skin, clings to it, and is MOST difficult to blend, which results in obvious demarcation (which could easily be mistaken for an extreme case of roseacea). This occurs even on a primed, matted, smoothed foundation surface. The only reason I can give for this is that one of itís ingredients is lanolin, an animal fat of sorts. This could explain why it lacks the blendability of a true powder blush. It streaks and sinks into the skin (people with larger pores take notice, this will severely draw attention to them sooner or later)! Whatís even more frustrating is that because it contains a lubricant (!!), it gradually tends to melt away any makeup it comes into contact with (foundation, concealer). At the end of the day, my foundation is gone but my cheeks are stained reddish-pink; and my pores are also way more apparent. Why? I even primed! Itís a terrible sight!
Iíve used the standard, common approach to applying this blush. Iíve heard that itís takes special tools and techniques to reap the real benefits of Exhibit A. Many of us, however, donít have the time to ďresearchĒ on how to apply a certain blush; weíre not professional makeup artists. We pay NARS a bundle to manufacture a blush that is to be applied with ease and with great results. If they donít want to manufacture practical makeup, then they should only sell to professionals. This seems to be the stuff for photo-shoots and run-ways; it certainly performs that way, itís hardly functional. I like makeup thatís simple to use and effective and long-wearing. I canít stand fussy cosmetics like NARSí Exhibit A that demand too much of your time and effort with very little or no payoff.
As already mentioned, Exhibit A has a comedogenic fatty oil as one of itís ingredients. Why? I have no idea. Is a reputable, pricey makeup line really that stupid? And why include it in a POWDER BLUSH?? So, no surprise that after a couple days, i developed acne bumps under my skin. You know, the ones that hurt. This blush was the only new thing Iíve incorporated into my daily skin regime, so, of course, it must be the culprit. Oh, and when I stopped using it, the acne stopped ďbumpingĒ up.
The reasons I listed above are enough for this blush to be condemned in many circles. But, many still love it and it remains an insider favorite. If theyíre skin is strong enough to wear it, then, wow, I envy them, because the color payoff is nice (after you really ďworkĒ with it, that is) and the color remains virtually unturned after long wear - bear in mind that itíll be the *only* thing on the cheeks at the end of the day. Maybe drier skin types will respond much better to it? But for $26+, I expected much more, especially from NARS. Trust me, thereís much better formulated, affordable, more advanced options out there, many available at the drugstore. In my case, it was very difficult to apply, time-consuming, appeared somewhat patchy, removed my foundation (due to itís heavy, oily properties), exposed pores like nothing else, and caused painful acne. It deserves nothing more than a one-and-a-half star rating.

on 2/25/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is my go-to blush for any face. I am an independent make-up artist (mostly proms and weddings) and this is the only blush I throw into my bag. Have used it on every skin tone out there and it never looks anything but fabulous. Just gotta watch to not apply too much. The proper brush and layering will help.

Top Rated NARS Products