October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this specifically for use as a primer under my foundation, as I wanted to get into something more moisturizing and good for my face rather than slapping a layer of silicone onto my skin every morning. I have dry skin. This adds a really nice light layer of moisture and tint and provides an excellent base for my foundation, which is currently Mac's Studio Sculpt in MW25. I've also worn it a few times by itself on the weekend, for those days when I'm running errands and don't want to put makeup on. It covers redness and some blemishes and makes me look awake and better put-together than if I'd not put anything on. The tube has lasted me several months. The only thing I would change about the packaging is to have a flip-top cap. I generally don't like products with caps that have to be taken off and put back on in the morning as this adds more time and effort to my morning routine. It took off one lippie from the packaging. Otherwise, I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissyislame

I've been using this product for a long time now on and off. I used it mostly during the summer because it was just easier for the hot weather. I still use it during the winter though. I do love this product a lot. It does what it says on the back: blurs imperfections, enhances, brightens, adjusts to skin tone, smooths, hydrates, spf 30 and the 0% oils and other heavy ingredients. It is very light weight and smooth to put on. One thing I did not like about it though was that sometimes if I applied it in kind of a hurry, it would leave orange marks around the edges of my face. Besides that, I love this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by alimarotta

This was the first BB cream I had ever tried and I thought it was okay. But lately I have been using it and I really like it!! It lasts a long time, looks natural, and you don't have to set it with powder even if you have oily skin! This is the best BB cream I have ever tried and I completely recommend it. Plus it's only like 7 or 8 dollars compared to high end BB creams that's great! Hope this helped! By the way mine is in the lightest shade!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by veggiegirl11

This was the first BB cream I've ever tried, and I only wore it for 2 days before it reacted horribly with my skin. Before I get into that- I will say that for the couple days I wore it, it did what I wanted it to do- I have pretty good skin, so I wasn't looking for much coverage, just something to even me out and make me look a little more polished. No weird smell, the texture was fine, and it blended easily.

On to the horrific reaction I had to it. I suspect that the titanium dioxide sunscreen in it ( it has an spf 30, I believe) is what I reacted to. I'm very allergic to nickel and I read that sometimes in low quality titanium dioxide sunscreens, the titanium is contaminated with nickel. The reaction I got on my face was essentially what happens to my skin if it comes into prolonged contact with jewelry that has nickel in it. Tiny little bumps that looked like blisters formed all over my cheeks, and my entire face was red, swollen, hot, scaly, and in pain. It was absolutely awful and it took about a week before it went away completely. Since that happened, I returned this and told Maybelline about what happened.

If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to nickel, I would stay far, far away from this, because you will be unable to go into public for at least a week. If not, and you just want some very light smoothing coverage and appreciate spf in your makeup, this is probably a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by HannaBanana73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a decent product. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't awful.
I found the formula itself to be a bit too sticky for my liking...
But overall the BB cream does it's job

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed thoughts on this. Its not a bad product but compared to their claims and all the hype, it may influenced my opinions. I understand that companies have got to grab our attention and make us want that product but come on, with these BB creams, the claims are unreal. I have to say, I'm not a fool, I know there is NO MIRACLE makeup product or any product that is on the market but I expect a few results, even me, who has never had the chance to try a true Asian BB cream so I've used this enough to give my usual wordy thorough review, and here it is.
~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is available in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as mass discount stores like Walmart, Target & KMart. The price is fair. Generally priced around $7-8 depending on location, store sales & discounts or coupons. I purchased mine for $5 at Walmart, since I had a $2 off coupon. Good price but that's relative depending on so many factors.
~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~
Dream Fresh BB Cream only comes in a few shades. Which I've seen that most will find a shade that can work. I purchased shade "Light Sheer Tint". Its the lightest shade available. I was worried since most light shades are too dark for me but this I can actually use alone & not worry that I'm looking crazy with orange dark streaked face. Light Sheer Tint runs more neutral with a slight warm undertone. I have cool undertones and I can pull this off since its sheer & warms up my face a little. Coverage is sheer to light at best. It covers uneven skin slightly and a little bit of redness. I find if you are looking for something to cover major uneven skin or even cover blemishes a little, this will not do that. This I find works best for me as a primer for my foundations to sit on. It helps prep my face & my foundations sit better. With all the claims this claims to do, it falls a little flat. But I don't mind it being a primer or even something I can throw on real fast to run out & not want to look like a ghost. Some people have said it oxidized and turned orange. Even on my super pale skin, I haven't had that issue. This will not cover most blemishes or dark spots. Its def a very light coverage tinted moisturizer. It does moisturize better than Rimmel or Garnier w/out feeling greasy or oily. It soaks and sets w/out feeling sticky or tacky which I like. I think this makes a good primer rather than a BB Cream. If there was a little more pigment to it, it would be better.
~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream comes in a squeezable plastic tube. Its white in color with bright pink coloring that I really like. The shade name is located on the bottom part of tube. The lid twist on and off easily. The tube has a small opening which allows product out easily with no messes, I can swipe off product with nothing going all over the neck of the bottle which makes me crazy. I like the travel friendly packaging. Not too bulky or big. It can go in your bag. But I find that like those before me have said, if you squeeze too hard or the lid goes on with air in the bottle, the next time you open, you may have a disaster of product coming out. I try to be careful by not squeezing to hard ever. It hasn't been a major issue bc I had known about this before. I store it in my container of my other primers & only twice did a little bit come out but I tapped it a little to knock the air bubble out & viola, it stopped quickly. I find its very easy to squeeze out product, a little or a lot, whatever is needed. Its convenient and easy to use & cute. Its not the best considering I don't want to lose the product I paid for so some consideration/attention is needed which stinks a little but no big deal. Not the best but by far not the worst. I'd rather this problem then having to beat my hand black & blue to get something out.
Overall, if you are a person looking for light coverage or something to smooth out skin. Whether you want a new primer/base for your foundation or something to put on skin to go run around, this can be for you. I don't think its a miracle worker but I've found a way to use it. But Rimmel has an amazing BB Cream that I love so I'd suggest that one by far over this. I love that one. Also, WetnWild Shade Adjusting Foundation + Primer is a really nice lightweight base similar to Rimmel w/ color beads that disperse pigments. These two have better coverage than Maybelline & both are priced a little cheaper. I am not super disappointed but I can't highly suggests it nor will I repurchase. Its not a must have product for me but it wasn't a total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LGeddes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the product in light and it is a bit too light but the next darker product was too dark. Although I was disappointed with the colour range the product is satisfying it stays on for 6 hours plus and goes well with my skin. I'm not sure how well it works for people with oily skin but I would recommend it to anyone with normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hcase

This is a decent product. It gives very little coverage with 1 coat, but I wasn't expecting much anyways. It works well when you want a natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Rieadd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really disappointed me. As stated in so many reviews, it never dries and it did make my face super itchy after the application.

I also have quite a fair skin tone and I took the palest of all and still looked like I got out of Jersey Shore. they need to make lighter tones and just remake the whole formula to be honest. It doesn't hide any red spots or pimples /whatever you wanna hide.

So NOT worth buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by MissVandelay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While the colour easily blended with my skin tone, I noticed I was breaking out after just 3-4 applications. My skin was becoming increasingly dry and irritated and after just 1-2 weeks I discontinued use and surely enough my skin settled down and regained its usual dewey, hydrated finish. Naturally everyone's skin will respond differently however sadly I couldn't feel good about recommending this product. I now use Natio Pure Mineral Skin perfecting bb cream which I have had no issues with.