November 28, 2014 | 1439 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this mascara on a whim, and got home to read tons of negative reviews here. I was fairly anxious to see how it fared on my short, straight, fine lashes, however was not disappointed. The formula is lightweight, seems to hold curl, and definitely makes my lashes look quite full. Two coats on my lashes actually creates quite a dramatic look (especially considering most reviews suggested this as an "everyday mascara"). I haven't experienced any clumping either. Contrary to what many other people have experienced, I have worn this for 21 hours, and out clubbing, and have not experienced any smudging. Only downside for me is the brush. The bendy bit is ridiculous and just makes it feel unstable and difficult to apply. I also find the applicator itself to be too big. I like this mascara, however I don't love it, and I'm sure I could find something better in the price range. Might buy again, but would most likely keep searching for my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by piinskii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the worst mascaras I have used. It ended up under my eyes by lunchtime (in splatters from my lashes, like it hadn't dried properly) so I cleaned up &, yep, it was there again after work. Also, the wand has a weird "joint" that makes it unstable & difficult to apply the mascara. Two goes &...in the bin - a total waste of money. While it is cheap, I have rated the price higher because it was such poor value.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

When I finally see this available I'm stores in Australia, I grab it straight away. It is a bit pricey ($19.95) but considering all cosmetics in Australia are overpriced it's alright for me. It keeps my curl and make my asian lashes looks long and adds volume. Even with the non-waterproof version it works great, doesn't smudge and doesn't leave your lashes brittle and doesn't clump. Sometimes I use this over my maybelline volum' express magnum which I think is only available in Asia countries (I bought it in Malaysia) for extra volume and curl. But that's not really necessary. Also, it is very easy to take off so no big mess. Overall, this is an excellent mascara and I would definitely repurchase and would recommend to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MistyEyes172

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara!! The brush did take a bit of getting used to, but once i did i loved it. I do seem to have quite a thing with maybelline mascaras though, so i wouldn't expect anything less. Would defiantly recommend to friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to like maybelline mascaras, but I was disappointed with this one. The brush was flimsy and I found myself having to use another wand. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan at all. Formula is ok but the brush is flimsy. Meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Minjeec

The formula is very light which is good for my asian eyelashes which droop down. The brush im not really a fan of. It is too flimsy to brush my lashes up because they stick down. But when i used a different brush it worked well! It doesnt give a lot of volume but it gave me separated natural looking eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only used this once I didn't love or hate it ill have to get use to the brush then ill probably like it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by daniheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Info: Oily lids, double lidded (w fold closer to the lash line), Chinese Bought this in waterproof blackest black. Love, love, love! I've only used this once but it's truly amazing! My lashes (asian lashes but longer than typical asian lashes...although still not very long or voluminous or curled) stayed curled all day after I put this mascara on after curling my lashes. I went for really dramatic lashes (as much as I can) and this builds up really well! Although I can get a bit clumpy, just brush the wand through again and get rid of the clump! This made my lashes really long, full, and black! Makes my lashes look like actual decent sized lashes compared to my normal asian lashes! And I haven't tried removing it with an eye makeup remover because I didn't have it at the moment, but it's quite hard to remove with just face wash! Meaning it truly is waterproof! LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never found a Maybelline mascara that has really impressed me, though once again I was compelled to try Mega Plush. It's not awful, but it's nothing special and definitely not worth the price. The flexible wand makes application really difficult, and I found it didn't give my lashes a decent curl because it's not strong enough to push against them. I had to use a lot of it to get any decent length or volume and it dries quickly creating spider lashes. The packaging is a little tacky and you don't get enough of it so I have to pump it 2 or 3 times which I usually avoid doing because it dries out. It was on the higher price end for Maybelline mascaras though I feel I could get the same result from a product a third of the price. I definitely won't be repurchasing and have been disappointed by their mascara once again.