December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Yepitspreethi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the mega plush a couple months ago. And I was using it for a good amount of time. But what I didn't realize is that this does clump a little and it flakes, which I found disappointing considering that one of the promises for the product was never brittle never flakey. I have long but thin lashes and this didn't do the job for me. When i'm looking for a Mascara I need something to thicken. This simply made my lashes look longer and thinner. I think if your looking for length then this mascara good be a good bet but not for volume or thickness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by morganbacc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara the brush is great, my lashes never get clumpy and its lasts a while. I think its more about how you apply the product then anything else, I just wiggle the brush when I apply it for no clumps. Hope this helps! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. The brush took some getting used to, but I think the design of the brush is what helps to create the plush effect. Will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by saltyandsweet55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There something I can't put my finger on about this mascara it just so amazing. I put on my other mascaras on and there just so boreding and then you put this mascara on and boom the party is here. It so black and the gel formula is perfect. The packaging is so basic which I love. I will totally will be buying this mascara again .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by liltartmuffin

the brush is okay, the mascara is okay

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline mascaras. They generally work great on my lashes and this one is no exception. I have this in Blackest Black. The brush is not fixed; it has a joint that makes it feel unstable, and it felt really weird to me at first, but now I don't even notice it. The brush is thick with large bristles- it honestly doesn't look that promising, but it actually works. For reference, I am blessed with long and thick eyelashes naturally... This mascara just really coats them well and makes them dark and full and fabulous. It does not feel gross and hard when dry (like every other mascara in the universe does); in fact, you could put SO many coats on and still be able to have zero clumps as you can always separate your lashes. (No need for a clean spoolie for separating, either- you can just use the brush!) This is not your mascara if you're into the natural look (however I suppose you could try a Brown-Black in this mascara and it might be more natural-looking, or just put one coat on). Oh, and the package is adorable. I didn't give this 5 lippies as some people's lashes may not be suited for this, especially if you have really short ones.
Update: This is still a really good mascara, but after debating for a while if I would repurchase this once the 3-4 months rolled around, I decided to go back with my old favorite, the Colossal Volum Express (from Maybelline, still). And the Colossal is just as good as ever- I'm pretty positive that it's my HG.
This mascara is really nice because it doesn't make your lashes crunchy, just like it's advertised ("mega PLUSH"). It's the only mascara I've tried that doesn't do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this mascara on a whim, and got home to read tons of negative reviews here. I was fairly anxious to see how it fared on my short, straight, fine lashes, however was not disappointed. The formula is lightweight, seems to hold curl, and definitely makes my lashes look quite full. Two coats on my lashes actually creates quite a dramatic look (especially considering most reviews suggested this as an "everyday mascara"). I haven't experienced any clumping either. Contrary to what many other people have experienced, I have worn this for 21 hours, and out clubbing, and have not experienced any smudging. Only downside for me is the brush. The bendy bit is ridiculous and just makes it feel unstable and difficult to apply. I also find the applicator itself to be too big. I like this mascara, however I don't love it, and I'm sure I could find something better in the price range. Might buy again, but would most likely keep searching for my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by piinskii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the worst mascaras I have used. It ended up under my eyes by lunchtime (in splatters from my lashes, like it hadn't dried properly) so I cleaned up &, yep, it was there again after work. Also, the wand has a weird "joint" that makes it unstable & difficult to apply the mascara. Two goes &...in the bin - a total waste of money. While it is cheap, I have rated the price higher because it was such poor value.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

When I finally see this available I'm stores in Australia, I grab it straight away. It is a bit pricey ($19.95) but considering all cosmetics in Australia are overpriced it's alright for me. It keeps my curl and make my asian lashes looks long and adds volume. Even with the non-waterproof version it works great, doesn't smudge and doesn't leave your lashes brittle and doesn't clump. Sometimes I use this over my maybelline volum' express magnum which I think is only available in Asia countries (I bought it in Malaysia) for extra volume and curl. But that's not really necessary. Also, it is very easy to take off so no big mess. Overall, this is an excellent mascara and I would definitely repurchase and would recommend to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MistyEyes172

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara!! The brush did take a bit of getting used to, but once i did i loved it. I do seem to have quite a thing with maybelline mascaras though, so i wouldn't expect anything less. Would defiantly recommend to friend.