Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 11/8/2013 4:43:00 PM

I LOVELOVELOVE this! I makes my lashes so long and voluminous! This was the first Maybelline mascara I tried and I am so happy with the results, and yes, I did buy another bottle. I got it in brownish black and blackest black, but I feel that no matter what color you get mascara in it looks the same unless you put a lot of layers on. This is not going to look like the beautiful lashes in the advertisement because 1. they use fake lashes and 2. because a drugstore mascara wont give you that look no matter how many coats you apply.
The brush didn't give me a problem and the bendy wand didn't even bend so I don't know why they even included this? It was not clumpy for me and it gave a great natural look! This is defiantly my go to mascara!!

on 11/7/2013 11:59:00 PM

great mascara for volume plus a bit of length. ive been using this mascara on/off for about 3 yrs now and still haven't found any other mascara (including high end like lancome bare essentials tarte ect) that measures up to it. for extra dramatic lashes rec using with maybeline one by one as a top coat.

on 10/31/2013 5:50:00 PM

This is definitely a must have for me. It's one of the mascaras I use for my mascara routine (yes I have a routine, I'm a mascara addict). It doesn't necessarily lengthen my lashes but it does thicken them a bit giving them a soft, full, natural appearance. If you have naturally long lashes but lack volume, I would suggest this. The only cons I can think of is that it does have a tendency to flake if too many coats are applied. One of the many reasons why I mix my mascaras. But over all I think it's worth trying and is one of my favorites.

on 10/29/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very nice mascara - lengthens and gives your lashes like it claims to. Since this is a gel-mousse mascara, I find that there is absolutely no clumping involved.

I can honestly say that I can't think of anything not to like.

When i saw that this is a gel I instantly bought it. That was a big mistake. It clumped up and burned my eyes.

on 10/20/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have long lashes and this macara is perfect for them. You don't need a lot to make them full. I love the brush and the formula. I prefer this one to the Maybelline One by One. I don't use the waterproof.
pros:
-soft lashes (not stiff...yuck!)
-washable, comes of easily
-good volume
-holds a curl (for me)

cons:
-can't add too many coats or else they flake
-if not careful, product runs off on lower lash line (smudging)
-can get clumpy, apply generously

Definitely a must have for my makeup routine. (:

on 10/20/2013 12:15:00 PM

I must just not like the Maybelline mascara formula, because this is the third mascara from that brand that I've tried, and I haven't liked any of them. I found the formula for this one to be too wet and I couldn't get very good separation, so my lashes looked thick (in a bad way) and spidery. I had to do some extra work with a spoolie to get them to look more separated. That being said, once I got them separated and the mascara had dried, it didn't flake or smudge all day, and I noticed that my lashes did feel very soft and pliable, and they held a curl. So if you like a wetter formula, this one definitely has it, and it does do a good job of volumizing. I just found it difficult to work with and not what I wanted, so I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/19/2013 11:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I made this purchase because I had read that this was the replacement for the discontinued Maybelline Full 'n Soft. I really like this formula. It's wet and light, which I prefer for everyday wear. It doesn't clump on application and layers nicely. I can wear it all day and it doesn't smudge or flake. The flexing wand: I don't find it bends in a way that makes it difficult to apply the mascara, but it doesn't make it any easier or make for better coverage. I just don't understand that design decision. Kind of gimmicky. Ah, well. Will probably buy again as my everyday mascara.

on 10/17/2013 11:10:00 PM

When I brought this product, I expected it to be great like the falsies. I was very disappointed when I tried it on, the formula is okay (the waterproof one really is waterproof so that's a positive), however personally I find the brush to be awful. Its far to 'springy', and is rather messy. The shape makes it hard to get a good result. The mascara fails to lengthen my lashes or give me any volume, It just kind of coats my natural lashes but that's it. To try and use it up, i put it over the top of other mascaras and that seems to work okay. Really disappointing product, definitely would not repurchase!

on 10/16/2013 10:21:00 AM

I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews of this mascara! I love it so much I've just bought my second tube. I don't have any issues with the "flexor brush" as the mascara goes on so easily. I start right at the root of my lashes and wiggle through and have no problem with clumps, the result is just pure black, thick voluminous lashes. I've also reapplied it at the end of the day when I'm going out after work and it applies really well on top of the mascara I'd applied that morning which is great. I find some mascaras don't reapply well at all but this one is great, just gives your lashes that extra boost!

I find this mascara lasts really well and doesn't smudge at all, and keeps my lashes feeling soft which I much prefer to that rock hard feeling. I even use this as part of my evening makeup now, two coats are perfect. Highly recommend!