August 30, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

I'm an owner of pretty much every single Maybelline Volum' Express mascara and this one is my least favorite. The problem with it is that the wand tends to clump my lashes and make them stick straight up like sticks. I actually enjoy the gel formula but it just doesn't hold the curl in your eyelashes. I wish it would hold the curl but unfortunately it doesn't. The price isn't bad though and the packaging colors are very bright and cheerful though!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It wasn't spectacular. I wore this twice in 2012, and the mascara just made my lashes black. When I bought this, I was looking for a lighter formula and knew that the model was wearing false lash inserts in the ad. The mascara was thinner and wetter than most formulas. The flexible brush didn't really make much of a difference. Since the brush was a bit stiff, it just separated my lashes like spreading your fingers out from the palm of your hand. That was what my lashes looked like when I went out for the night. It didn't run, thankfully. This is not a statement-making mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Maromy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite mascara for a natural look. No clumping, flaking or spider lashes. I like that the mascara doesn't feel crunchy on my lashes. I did not give it a 5 because it is somewhat difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Jayleenxoxo

I believe this product met my standards when it came to searching for a mascara, but alittle more was expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by blaskette

Bizarre! I can't think of the last time I used a new mascara and had it make enormous black smears both under and OVER my eyes. I tried it pre-shower this morning on one eye, just to see how it looked-- very nice. Soft to the touch as promised, great length, adequate thickening. I put off applying it until half an hour before my concert performance (i.e. 630pm tonight)-- then was really impressed by the look. Sang the concert (80 minutes). Went for a drink with my colleagues. No sweating at any time, and no humidity in the summer air. Before I left for home (11pm), I hit the restroom... and HORRORS! Big black blotches under my eyes, and numerous black specks where the lengthened lashes touched my brow bone. I honestly can't recall that kind of smearing within this CENTURY. I don't use an oily concealer. I use power eyeshadow. I'm 54, and no longer have oily skin, so it's not that... it's just a terribly flawed formula. I can't believe it was ever tested on a living person! Unusable, in my opinion. I got it at Walgreens yesterday, and shall return it tomorrow; and I'll be writing to Maybelline about it. BEWARE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite but I don't hate it either. I use this on low maintenance days. It's very VERY hard to get off

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by pageturner

I wanted to like this one because it is a Maybelline product and you know how great they are about putting out coupons for their stuff but it is easily the worst mascara that I have ever tried. I would put it on and then go to work and by the time I was at work, there were flakes underneath my eyes and sometimes tears from when the flakes got into my eyes. I was beginning to think I would be getting an eye infection with all the tears that I was crying everyday from the flakes getting into my eyes so I threw it out. I gave it one lippie because of the brush. That was one part that I didn't expect to like, the oddly bent flexible brush. It was good to use to apply the mascara but it will not be a must have for me in future mascara purchases.

I have a high regard for Maybelline products, I think they do what they promise but this one is the one to skip from their line. I only recommend buying this mascara if you want to give someone a passive aggressive gift to make them wonder if you hate them or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I wanted to like this mascara. This clumps and had to wipe spots off eyes. Not very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

Sorry Maybelline. Even you guys make mistakes. This mascara is okay when applied. A decent base mascara. However this stuff is a bitch to take off. Comes off in little flakes and takes tons of makeup remover to finally get rid of. Considering it's just a mediocre mascara it's not worth the effort it takes to remove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by painttheskys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I've tried almost every Volum' Express mascara from the Rocket, to Falsies, to Colossal and One by One. It keeps my curl, doesn't clump my lashes and makes then really long. To apply, I put the brush at the roots of my lashes and curl the wand while pulling it up and I do this twice per top lash. This really gives me volume and length. I love this stuff and I've bought it again and again. Definitely my favourite.