November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by emberlyyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about this product because i am black and blushes like this usually tend to look ashy or not show up at all.
But i purchased this in Peach Satin and i was so surprised...

It looked quite nice.
The texture is a little hard to apply, but i think the idea of this is that you have to build it up by rubbing the blush, then dotting it on your face.

I hate when blushes look too intense, but this product looks really natural.
Again, i am black! i don't know how it couldn't show up on some of you fair skinned ladies.

My only complaint is after i took a nap, it disappeared,,.i wasn't wearing any primer though, i'm not sure it that makes a difference.

Will buy again in hot tamale this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ivankaranka

obviously the idea behind this product is pretty cool but that still does not make up for the quality of it. if you're looking for a blush that is pigmented this is certainly not it. I bought one of the darker colors yet i still had to keep going back to get more product, its a hassle to apply it because you keep tugging on our skin to see any color. honestly for 7 dollars (the actual price i bought it for) you can buy other blushes way better than this one. definitely do not buy this product one of maybelline's duds

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst blush I've ever used. The colors look so pretty in the package, but I can hardly see color on my face at all! With my dry skin, the weird putty just sort of sits on top of my skin and looks cakey and odd. It doesn't blend well, and gets really messy in the package after a few tries at it. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by mareihcrooz

Bought this when I purchased the Dream Fresh BB Cream and oooooh lordy! I loved it at first but it was a pain to apply. When I was using it it just felt like bubblegum chunks. Its a cute concept but they are not very pigmented. If you are going to uses this you should definitely set it with a powder blush for it to last longer and add more color. Also, my skin isn't very pimple prone but it was breaking my cheeks out! After a week or two of wearing this I noticed little zits and I threw it out. I have normal to dry skin and I definitely would not recommend this for someone with oily skin.The price was not great for a drugstore brand either! And its TINY. I'll give it a 1 because I did like how it looked in the beginning.

Pretty much: its not long wearing, not pigmented enough, it broke me out, it was a little pricey for a drugstore blush and you don't get very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although the unique idea and the way they present it is enticing, the actual blush itself doesn't work very well. Although the color is nice, it doesn't last long on my skin. Also, the blush itself is a weird mixture between powder and cream, which you can't apply with a brush. However, if you try to use your fingers it'll dent the strangely textured formula (which, by the way, isn't bouncy at all).

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this -- the idea seemed fun, but it was just a gimmick and a disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this, I thought it was a powder blush. I'm not into cream blushes at all. So I was disappointed when I opened it and realized it was a creme. This is a super weird texture, the second I touched the blush it almost deflated. It got super flat. I tried to take some out with my finger and it is super thick in texture, although it's smooth...it's hard to describe. The color is absolutely horrendous. No color payoff. I got a fairly bright color and it hardly even showed up. In order to get this to show, you'd have to layer it, and then you're gonna look super cakey because of this consistency. Such a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All of the reviews are correct, this is not a very pigmented product, but I don't believe it is advertised that way. I have VERY fair skin and have a hard time finding a blush that isn't too overpowering. Dream Bouncy blush, with it's lack of deep pigment is just right (although, lets be serious, the name is ridiculous). I usually apply with a makeup sponge because it seems to apply more evenly. The packaging is. . . meh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I liked this blush when first applied , but I just don't think it lasted long for me

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Bethann95

This blush wasn't really anything special but I liked it for some reasons. It gave a good color, not too bright but a nice subtle look. I find that the cheaper blush does the exact same thing but it's harder to find the right color. I would recommend this, but only to people that don't mind spending more money then they have to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Okay, I like these cream blushes. I have 2 of these (Peach Satin and Pink Frosting) and they are pretty much your standard cream blush. The texture is like play-dough, and to apply I swirl my finger in a circle on top of the blush, then dot on my cheeks and blend. I think the pigmentation is good, so not sure what others are talking about. My 2 colors go on plenty pigmented, in fact they are quite bright on my skin. I have fair skin though, so maybe that makes a difference. I would say if your skin is Medium color or darker, go for one of the more vivid colors. Anyway, the Pink Frosting is a nice neutral pink, and the Peach Satin is actually a pink-peach not a true peach. I like both colors and wear them a lot. So for $7.00, I'd buy them again because the colors are very pretty and the staying power is good. Plus the color does not migrate or settle into the fine lines on my 40 year old skin (yay for ageing!). I think I may go back and try the Candy Coral color, as I'm hoping to add more of a peachy color to my cream blush collection.
EDIT:
*** Okay, I am editing this and bumping the rating up to 5 stars because I have since purchased the Bouncy Blush in the color "Coffee Cake" .... And oh my goodness it's gorgeous! On my fair skin it is a beautiful bronzed rose color. Perfect dupe for NARS Lovejoy! I have and love NARS Lovejoy, and this Coffee Cake is just as beautiful! Even more so because it is so luminous and glowy (being a cream not powder). LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Bouncy Blushes get 5 stars from me just for Coffee Cake!