New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 1/29/2007 11:19:00 PM

The packaging was a little flimsy but it didn't matter since it was going to remain at home. It worked great the first week I used it. Decreased shininess and evened out skin tone. However, after that first week, I wondered why I was breaking out only in certain areas along my jawline, nose and forehead. It took about a month of abastaining from the product and beznoyl peroxide to get rid of the pizza face, so I wouldn't buy this product again. It's a matter of testing to see if you break out with the product since my sister and had no problems. You'll only lose about $2 if the product doesnt satisfy your needs.

on 1/29/2007 2:42:00 PM

Once again, thanks to MUA. I passed this one so many times. It is remarkable. I apply it with a big powder brush and it gives my skin a nice light finished look. Not cakey at all. Very very natural. Much better than any high or low end product I have used. I find my blush even sits on my skin better since I've started to use this. Give it a try!

on 1/15/2007 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use loose powder in the morning (in the cooler months, anyway - in the summer I stick to blotting sheets) and by midday my nose is gleaming, so when I realized that the pressed powder I'd been using was much too pale for my skin now I wanted an inexpensive replacement. The compact is flimsy plastic and not nice to look at, but eh who cares. And the sponge applicator it comes with is useless, but I have a great travel powder brush that I've had for years and I just use that instead. Basically, this works fine for a toss-it-in-your-bag-for-shine-touchups, and that's exactly what I bought it for.

on 12/14/2006 3:21:00 AM

I've repurchased this powder at least 5 or 6 times, but I don't think I'll buy this again. It was great when my skin was super oily, but now that my T-zone has become less oily over time, the powder comes off looking a little chalky and fake on my skin. I'd still recommend this to really oily skinned gals who need something cheap and effective in absorbing oil and making the skin matte-looking. I've switched over to Stila Sheer Pressed Powder because it's much more natural looking on my skin.

on 12/3/2006 8:05:00 AM

good to bring out. sucky sponge and cheap packaging. but the quality is very good. zaps shine fast and doesnt appear chalky or thick.

on 11/8/2006 10:03:00 AM

This powder has outstanding staying power for the price. Unfortunately, I think the "Translucent" color a little too pale, even for a gal like me who is proud of her pale complexion! The sponge applicator is the cheapest thing I've ever seen, but I apply the powder with MAC's powder brush in the morning. I don't think I'd carry it around in my make-up bag in my purse because I can't find an applicator thin enough to fit inside. I was pleasantly surprised by this powder, but I'll keep looking for another product that is truly translucent vs. ghostly pale.

I bought this a few months a go, tried it and deemed it another useless product. However I pulled it out again on halloween, because when i tried it last time it was extremely white and that's what i needed. This time I applied it with a fluffy brush and it make my face flawless! Now I've been using it everyday lightly to set my foundation and my normally oily skin holds up ALL day and looks beautiful. My skin seems to be clearing up since using this. Love this stuff! The key is to apply lightly and ditch the applicator.

on 10/30/2006 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Seriously, this stuff delivers. $1 for a powder that rivals $28 powder?! Why on earth would anyone keep shelling out that much money?! This stuff gets the job done! It's not actually truly translucent-more like a very, very pale yellow. Which is perfect for me-a pale, yellow-toned gal! This looks like my real skin, absorbs oil perfectly, and lasts. The packaging is crap, but who cares?! $1 here!!!

on 10/8/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It is not translucent at all. It is chalky white. The packaging is cheap and the powder is not fine either. It's way too much fair on my skin (I used to use lightest shades in foundations) and make my skin look chalky. Will not purchase again.

on 10/3/2006 10:30:00 AM

*Update* I tried other powders for a while, but now that Coty Airspun has been ruined and they no longer have a real translucent powder, I am back to NYC pressed powder. They must have changed their formula because it turns orange now, but not as badly as most other powders for super-pale chicks. I suspect it does ugly things with certain foundations over a few hours, oxidizing darker as some products will do.

This is the greatest translucent powder I've found in a while. I can never match my foundation to my pale skin and go a bit darker sometimes, then follow up with this great powder. I usually stand back and look without my glasses on and can tell if my face isn't the same color as the rest of my skin ( ! ) and this passes the test every time.