New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 12/14/2006 3:21:00 AM

I've repurchased this powder at least 5 or 6 times, but I don't think I'll buy this again. It was great when my skin was super oily, but now that my T-zone has become less oily over time, the powder comes off looking a little chalky and fake on my skin. I'd still recommend this to really oily skinned gals who need something cheap and effective in absorbing oil and making the skin matte-looking. I've switched over to Stila Sheer Pressed Powder because it's much more natural looking on my skin.

on 12/3/2006 8:05:00 AM

good to bring out. sucky sponge and cheap packaging. but the quality is very good. zaps shine fast and doesnt appear chalky or thick.

on 11/8/2006 10:03:00 AM

This powder has outstanding staying power for the price. Unfortunately, I think the "Translucent" color a little too pale, even for a gal like me who is proud of her pale complexion! The sponge applicator is the cheapest thing I've ever seen, but I apply the powder with MAC's powder brush in the morning. I don't think I'd carry it around in my make-up bag in my purse because I can't find an applicator thin enough to fit inside. I was pleasantly surprised by this powder, but I'll keep looking for another product that is truly translucent vs. ghostly pale.

I bought this a few months a go, tried it and deemed it another useless product. However I pulled it out again on halloween, because when i tried it last time it was extremely white and that's what i needed. This time I applied it with a fluffy brush and it make my face flawless! Now I've been using it everyday lightly to set my foundation and my normally oily skin holds up ALL day and looks beautiful. My skin seems to be clearing up since using this. Love this stuff! The key is to apply lightly and ditch the applicator.

on 10/30/2006 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Seriously, this stuff delivers. $1 for a powder that rivals $28 powder?! Why on earth would anyone keep shelling out that much money?! This stuff gets the job done! It's not actually truly translucent-more like a very, very pale yellow. Which is perfect for me-a pale, yellow-toned gal! This looks like my real skin, absorbs oil perfectly, and lasts. The packaging is crap, but who cares?! $1 here!!!

on 10/8/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It is not translucent at all. It is chalky white. The packaging is cheap and the powder is not fine either. It's way too much fair on my skin (I used to use lightest shades in foundations) and make my skin look chalky. Will not purchase again.

on 10/3/2006 10:30:00 AM

*Update* I tried other powders for a while, but now that Coty Airspun has been ruined and they no longer have a real translucent powder, I am back to NYC pressed powder. They must have changed their formula because it turns orange now, but not as badly as most other powders for super-pale chicks. I suspect it does ugly things with certain foundations over a few hours, oxidizing darker as some products will do.

This is the greatest translucent powder I've found in a while. I can never match my foundation to my pale skin and go a bit darker sometimes, then follow up with this great powder. I usually stand back and look without my glasses on and can tell if my face isn't the same color as the rest of my skin ( ! ) and this passes the test every time.

on 9/29/2006 11:08:00 AM

I just got this pressed powder yesterday and only used it once...but I'm impressed already!!! The packaging is soooo crappy, the compact doesn't even close all the way on mine...but whats inside makes up for it. I've tried many different powders and have always come back to CoverGirl Clean pressed powder....well now I'm probably going to always come back to NYC. I got "translucent" and it's VERY light...I'm VERY pale and it suits me perfect. It goes on smooth and gives a bit of coverage (better than CG) I have combo skin and always have to blot/touch up every couple hours...but not yesterday...My face looked the same at 12am as it did when I put it on at 3pm.
It was only $2.67cad at Zellers....really you can't do better than that!!!!
UPDATE: I switched to the loose powder and I like that better...but this stuff is still good!!

on 9/3/2006 11:46:00 AM

I agree, this is as good as most pressed powders and better than many.
Personally I haven't had a problem with the packaging. One can always change the puff if you find a better one to replace it with, or use a brush.
This is a light color, so it would work well only on very fair-skinned people. I am very fair, but even for me, it gives me a lighter appearance, which I don't mind per se, as I am prone to redness and flushing.
I have to say that the only pressed powder I have tried that is definitively better than this is the Chanel Matte pressed powder, and that one costs $42! where this one costs less than $2.
What I do is keep the Chanel at home (it is a bit nicer in the appearance it gives the skin - nicer color (I use Beige), etc.) and then touch up with the New York Color during the day - I keep it in my purse.

on 8/15/2006 10:01:00 AM

Because my skin is oily (especially so during the summer months) I use blotting sheets and powder during the day to keep the shine under control. I have been reading the reviews for MAC Blot Powder, which seemed like it would be a good solution for my oily skin, but I was hesitant to spend $24 for powder. After reading the reviews for the NYC powder, I figured it was worth a try. I love this stuff. It really mattes out the shine but doesn't leave my face dry or chalky. It is so lightweight and sheer that I can put it on my face again and again if I want, and it never builds up or cakes. It also doesn't makes what lines and wrinkles I have more apparent (often a problem with many powders). Yes, the packaging is very cheap, but since I can buy 12 of these for the price of one MAC Blot, I don't mind.