July 30, 2014 | 2089 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbomb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely HG foundation to use during the winter months! The foundation is extremely hydrating (I have dry-combination skin) and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on the skin, compared to my Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona. I use shade 40 Beige, which is a great colour match to my warm medium, SE Asian skin tone. The finish is dewy (not oily looking!) with light to medium coverage depending on how many layers applied (but not full coverage), so your skin glows during the winter months instead of looking flat and dull. I do have a few blemishes but have never suffered from acne. The foundation lasts 6-8 hours, v.easy to blend and I set with MUFE HD powder on my T-Zone and chin/jaw area. Great underneath Chanel Bronze Universal. Just remember that the more powder products you apply on top, then it will take away from the 'glowy-ness' of the foundation finish. Also, the colour range isn't too extensive so some may find it difficult to colour match but ask the SA at the counter.

Will definitely repurchase this for my winter foundation! High recommendation!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in #0,5 in Nude. I think this is the lightest shade they have and this still was sort of dark for my skin (I have light Asian skin). The SA just ended up giving me this color after trying many different shades (and I am not ghostly pale or anything)... weird.

Anyway, this does not have any significant coverage. I have some light freckles and this does not cover them, if at all. I think it helps even out the colors but that's about it. The SA told me that this was the most moisturizing formula they had but I just found it to be okay. Good thing I discovered Georgio Armani's Designer Shaping Cream foundation. At a similar price (actually, I think Armani's Designer may be a bit more expensive), the Armani one provides better coverage (yet managing to look natural) and is way better as far as moisture. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This was my first foundation, and I do still love it. It has a wonderful scent, and fantastic staying power without ever looking splotchy or sliding off. It also never accentuates any dry or flaky patches. The color (Shell I believe) matched my skin great.

For the price, however, I'd rather use my MUFE HD Foundation, or Illamasqua Rich Liquid (and I'm not one to be frugal with my makeup or skincare). Chanel Vitalumiere will always be a great standby, and I will repurchase due to excellent quality, but I want to use up my others first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ashwarya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a huge powder foundation fan for many years but now being in my early 30's my skin is changing a bit...more on a dry side. This is my first experience with liquid and I have to say that I am loving this beautiful foundation. It is dewy and gives you that ethereal glow from within. I dust it with a little bit of my MAC blot powder and it gives me a semi matte look which I absolutely love.

Coverage is good but if you have a lot of skin issues I wouldn't rely on this foundation, but again in my opinion it covers fairly well. When it comes to packaging nothing can be compared to CHANEL. Very classy and the pump glass bottle is very sexy. Color selection is a little wired. Took me a while to find my perfect shade. I am NC35 and I wear Cendre which is a close match. It's a total splurge but I am so happy with it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation , it is smooth , doesnt settle into fine lines and moisturizing. It gives you that dewy look. Unfortunately this foundation made me break out and made my face look so greasy. It's more of a light / sheer coverage. It doesnt have staying power either after a couple of hours the foundation just faded away. I have moved on to Pro Lumiere which is better suited for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Eginnin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid fan of Chanel Foundation and Makeup...I've been using the mat lumiere range not until last week when i decide to swop to Vitalumiere after reading reviews and watching beauties in You tube raving about it...

I am now looking forward to even use it to work with the wonderful chanel foundation brush which i dont normaly even use makeup daily . The super silky formula can be used sheer or built up to full coverage if wanted. I'm wearing it right now and i can't even tell I have it on. . Although it says this foundation suits more for dry skin range and since i have a combo skin im a so impress that it doesnt leave my skin too oily..I have combination to very oily skin. It makes my skin look radiant and dewey, but not oily. I will most likely purchase this foundation again....I've found the most perfect Chanel Liquid fondation...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by CherryGurl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I purchased this product at Macy's in August!
I chose the #5 diaphne and it's the perfect shade for my skin!
I use this foundation as a primer for my eyeshadow and I also use it for under eye circles and it works great and looks amazing, it blends well, but my complaint with this product is it feels greasey and it doesn't stay on all day like I want!
I usually apply this early afternoon and I'm lucky if it lasts until 6pm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this one have stayed with me for a long time, but it's time to say bye.
cause i found my perfect foundation

this is soft, not irritating, not dry , but it's oily and doesn't stay long
and makes my skin looks greasy and dull on the evening. so i say good bye to chanel
it's too expensive other than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Thielen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. I received a very generous sample at the Chanel counter in Denmark, and I just asked for the lightest shade. Normally I'm about NW20 (NW25 when I get a tan, which I try not to), and that's not too pale, so I didn't really pay attention.

The foundation itself is GORGEOUS. It does not look greasy on me at all, it just gives me even luminous skin...not exactly dewy, but getting there :D It doesn't oxidize on me, and it lasts at least 8 on me (I don't use primers, ever). No visible pores at all. I have pretty good skin except for oily nostrils, some redness and dry patches on forehead and cheeks (nice, huh?).

At first when I applied it, I ooh'ed and aah'ed...and then I looked at my jaw. It was at least two tones darker than my neck. OK, the neck is always slightly lighter than the face and chest, BUT...not that much! This foundation is insanely expensive, and I am not going to spend a fortune on a foundation that I have to take all the way down the neck every single day. WHAT a waste of product! I got it in 20, and it seems that it's available in 10 in the UK. It's quite ridiculous that it's not available in the lighter shades in effing Scandinavia.

Guess I'm sticking to MAC Face & Body...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation! I was really afraid to try it at first because I do have oily skin, but this goes on so smooth..No breakouts for me...Yay. This is a full coverage foundation, and really makes my face look flawless, and I do have larger pores, but this really covers them up.
The only down side is the price, its so expensive, so If anyone knows of a good dupe for it let me know.