October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sam1208

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Has anyone noticed this product rolls? I have changed the moisturizer under it from Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and just drugstore brands.. and with all of them, the foundation seems to roll or pill up in balls after its applied. I love the dewy look, application, bottle and shades but not sure why it does this pilling or "rolling", as makeup artists refer. Anyone else notice this?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation, after hearing all of the hype about it, i decided to give it a go (after using most of the MAC foundations and l'oreal) and I wouldnt change this foundation for anything. If your skin looks dull/tired, this instantly brightens it up and gives you a dewy glowy look without having glitter/shimmer to it. It goes on with such ease that you could get away with applying it with your fingers - very blendable and it is not cakey at all. Doesnt make my skin look dry and makes me look a lot more radiant. I have relatively good skin, though it does completely even out my skin colour and makes my face look flawless. After a few hours, it does start to look a tiny bit shiny, though i am soon going to purchase a chanel translucent powder to set it and buy a decent primer, but without any of these additional products, it stays on the majority of the day and doesnt make you look matte at all. It is pricey, at £31 but so worth every penny, nothing else matches it and it smells amazing, not at all like that typical foundation smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by qaleidoscope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on a whim because I had heard so many people raving about it. I have been blessed with good skin and I was looking for something to even out my skin tone. Having said that this is exactly what this foundation does with it's sheer coverage. The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes my skin feel very greasy, I wouldn't let anyone touch my face when I'm wearing it. It's also on the expensive side.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbomb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely HG foundation to use during the winter months! The foundation is extremely hydrating (I have dry-combination skin) and doesn't emphasize any dry patches on the skin, compared to my Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona. I use shade 40 Beige, which is a great colour match to my warm medium, SE Asian skin tone. The finish is dewy (not oily looking!) with light to medium coverage depending on how many layers applied (but not full coverage), so your skin glows during the winter months instead of looking flat and dull. I do have a few blemishes but have never suffered from acne. The foundation lasts 6-8 hours, v.easy to blend and I set with MUFE HD powder on my T-Zone and chin/jaw area. Great underneath Chanel Bronze Universal. Just remember that the more powder products you apply on top, then it will take away from the 'glowy-ness' of the foundation finish. Also, the colour range isn't too extensive so some may find it difficult to colour match but ask the SA at the counter.

Will definitely repurchase this for my winter foundation! High recommendation!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in #0,5 in Nude. I think this is the lightest shade they have and this still was sort of dark for my skin (I have light Asian skin). The SA just ended up giving me this color after trying many different shades (and I am not ghostly pale or anything)... weird.

Anyway, this does not have any significant coverage. I have some light freckles and this does not cover them, if at all. I think it helps even out the colors but that's about it. The SA told me that this was the most moisturizing formula they had but I just found it to be okay. Good thing I discovered Georgio Armani's Designer Shaping Cream foundation. At a similar price (actually, I think Armani's Designer may be a bit more expensive), the Armani one provides better coverage (yet managing to look natural) and is way better as far as moisture. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This was my first foundation, and I do still love it. It has a wonderful scent, and fantastic staying power without ever looking splotchy or sliding off. It also never accentuates any dry or flaky patches. The color (Shell I believe) matched my skin great.

For the price, however, I'd rather use my MUFE HD Foundation, or Illamasqua Rich Liquid (and I'm not one to be frugal with my makeup or skincare). Chanel Vitalumiere will always be a great standby, and I will repurchase due to excellent quality, but I want to use up my others first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ashwarya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a huge powder foundation fan for many years but now being in my early 30's my skin is changing a bit...more on a dry side. This is my first experience with liquid and I have to say that I am loving this beautiful foundation. It is dewy and gives you that ethereal glow from within. I dust it with a little bit of my MAC blot powder and it gives me a semi matte look which I absolutely love.

Coverage is good but if you have a lot of skin issues I wouldn't rely on this foundation, but again in my opinion it covers fairly well. When it comes to packaging nothing can be compared to CHANEL. Very classy and the pump glass bottle is very sexy. Color selection is a little wired. Took me a while to find my perfect shade. I am NC35 and I wear Cendre which is a close match. It's a total splurge but I am so happy with it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation , it is smooth , doesnt settle into fine lines and moisturizing. It gives you that dewy look. Unfortunately this foundation made me break out and made my face look so greasy. It's more of a light / sheer coverage. It doesnt have staying power either after a couple of hours the foundation just faded away. I have moved on to Pro Lumiere which is better suited for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Eginnin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid fan of Chanel Foundation and Makeup...I've been using the mat lumiere range not until last week when i decide to swop to Vitalumiere after reading reviews and watching beauties in You tube raving about it...

I am now looking forward to even use it to work with the wonderful chanel foundation brush which i dont normaly even use makeup daily . The super silky formula can be used sheer or built up to full coverage if wanted. I'm wearing it right now and i can't even tell I have it on. . Although it says this foundation suits more for dry skin range and since i have a combo skin im a so impress that it doesnt leave my skin too oily..I have combination to very oily skin. It makes my skin look radiant and dewey, but not oily. I will most likely purchase this foundation again....I've found the most perfect Chanel Liquid fondation...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by CherryGurl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I purchased this product at Macy's in August!
I chose the #5 diaphne and it's the perfect shade for my skin!
I use this foundation as a primer for my eyeshadow and I also use it for under eye circles and it works great and looks amazing, it blends well, but my complaint with this product is it feels greasey and it doesn't stay on all day like I want!
I usually apply this early afternoon and I'm lucky if it lasts until 6pm