Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 10/11/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am determined not to be a high-end makeup snob. To accomplish this, I set myself the goal of finding my perfect BB cream within the confines of a drugstore.

After poring over the Google search results for "best drugstore BB cream," I saw that most of the "X Top BB Creams that Won't Break Your Wallet" had at or near the top of their list this particular BB cream. So I bought some. And I brought it home. And I put it on.

And I started staring at myself in the mirror.

For about 15 minutes, I thought I had done it-- found my HG BB cream in a drugstore rather than one of those mall stores that ends in -a and has men associates that wear makeup better than any woman I've ever met. My skin looked even and glowy and definitely did not look like I was wearing a lick of makeup. It was a blissful 15 minutes-- until I decided to set it with some finishing powder.

That's when I turned colors. Not an orange really, more of an apricot color. A barely ripe one that decided to hit a tanning salon.

Still, I said to myself, it's a fantastic BB cream. It's just a touch too dark for those of us who are of Vampiric European descent and live in the non-coastal Northeastern U.S. where the annual amount of sunlight rivals parts of Siberia. A touch too heavy for me personally, as well. "It's okay," I cooed to the tube as I put it back in its smart little box. "I'll still give you a good review, even if you're not the one for me." I placed it lovingly and regretfully back into the plastic drugstore bag, and toddled over to the bathtub to wash it off and try the next BB cream candidate.

OH GOD THE BURNING.

And that's how I discovered that I am hypersensitive to titanium dioxide, which nearly every drugstore BB cream contains.

It's still a fabulous BB cream, though.

on 10/11/2013 7:39:00 AM

This makes my skin extremely oily and it doesn't blend into the skin correctly. It doesn't cover whatsoever, but the smell is really nice. This was the first BB cream that came to Sweden and since I love and follow Asian makeup trends, I had to try it.

on 10/9/2013 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

(Rating for sensitive skin version)
I've just started using this and it's already WAY better than the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. It doesn't make my face greasy. It provided a lot of coverage too, so I don't have to put a layer of foundation on top.
A great product everyone should try! (:

But one of the down sides are that I can't put any sort of moisturizer or primer underneath this or it'll have patches that looks like peeled skin all over my face

Edit:
Ummmm I'm getting little whiteheads on my face.....

on 10/8/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Coverage: Full. Which is surprising. Just dab a little more of it on my acne scars and voila! Great for on-the-go, when you don't have time for concealer. I usually still do use concealer, though. But not as much.

Consistency: Liquid-like. Feels even lighter than a moisturizer. I apply it with my fingers

Packaging: Very bad. It's in a tube that flows down, so when you open it, it's a whole big mess. Make sure you place the package upside down so the product doesn't squirt out once you open it.

Lasting power: Stays 9-11 hours easy. Doesn't fade, and only oxidizes a little (barely noticeable).

Oil control: This is something this product missed. My face is very, very oily. This product did nothing to stop that! It started as a demi-matte finish, which I liked. But after an hour or two I just became an oily mess. The cream stayed on my face just fine, but I found the need to powder way more often than if I used a normal foundation.

Acne: Didn't break me out (I have a few pimples here and there but it's not because of this), which is a very good sign.

Overall: Good. Will repurchase again. I use this for school and work, when I know that I will need 8+ hours of coverage for my face. But for events and parties, I prefer to use my YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat for a glowing finish or the MAC Prolongwear for longlasting and rigorous events. This is good for a daily thing but doesn't give your face any extra *umph*.

on 10/6/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this, by far the best. It makes my skin look so healthy, even, and glowing. You just need a little so although it's expensive, it lasts. It's never gotten cakey from a days wear, in my case. After I apply it I use a brush to lightly blend it in more and it ends up looking great.

on 10/6/2013 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really really like the natural look and i hardly wear much foundation because it gives my face a cakey and fake look. My skin is very dry so finding the right foundation is hard. But this 'bb cream' (I think its more of a tinted moisturiser) is just right. When applied it gives a natural finish, has spf 15, doesnt cause breakouts, moisturises the more you use it and it fits my skintone perfectly. The undertone is yellowish/tan so it gives a nice healthy look, but may be too yellow for some people. I love how it improved the texture of my skin when i used it daily.
The Cons however were that it can leave your skin looking a little oily or shinny. So be careful if you have oily skin!! The texture of the cream makes my skin a little uncomfortable at first. When i first started using it, i wasnt use to it so I can feel it on my skin so it irritated the first half hour but after using it for awhile it stopped and feels fine. The other thing about it is that it doesnt last all day and the coverage is light (doesnt cover undereye) but buildable so you have to use a finishing spray or something that helps your foundation last. If i have heavier imperfections or discolourations i use a foundation on that area on top of the bb cream.
What i have to say about it is, even with the cons it really suits what im looking for and does the job. It is fast and easy to use and works well with my dry skin. The thick consistancy makes my skin dewy and moisturised. Tip:Use a beauty blender sponge. It gives a nice natural finish and works well with this product. Better than fingers!

on 10/5/2013 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got a free sample of this so I tried it and it was horrible! It was thick and cakey and made my skin look both oily and dry.

on 10/4/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I didn't expect this BB cream would be very good for me because I have sensitive skin and usually only use moisturizers from the pharmacy. But it turned out to be such a nice surprise for my skin. It feels soft, looks natural, but still gives a nice glow to my skin. I only need a small amount for my skin to look good. The smell is OK, the texture is thick (on my fingers it feels like something between cream and gel, so it's really easy to work with it). It doesn't cover very much, but it evens out the complexion very well, and it makes the skin look fresh for most of the day.
It's great for every season, but maybe not for very hot summer days.

The only minus is that if I accidentally put just a little too much of it on the face, my face starts to look and feel a little bit oily quite fast. But I can't say that this bothers me very much. It happened once and since then I have been more careful about the amount that I put on my face.

I tried a few BB cream testers from the pharmacy (much more expensive BB creams) and they just didn't look as good as this one on my skin.

on 9/16/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of bb creams, this is the one I keep coming back to. I love the way it looks and feels. I have dry sensitive skin. I am on my 2nd tube of it. I do not reach for it as often in the summer, but it is a HG in the cooler months.

on 9/8/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product only when I need to cover up acne once in a while. The coverage is okay, i've seen better and worse, this doesnt make me break out so thats a plus. When I wear it, it feels kinda thick and is uncomfortable in summer when it's hot outside. Overall, this product is an average 3 stars and i recommend this product only when you need it.