November 27, 2014 | 976 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by vipervixen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara curls and adds volume to my fairly long lashes for the entire day without flaking. I have worn it to the beach as well as pool and it held up quite well. I love the fact that it did work for me and the price is right. I will keep buying as long as they don't change the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Apucket2

This stuff was amazing the first few times I used it. After that, it dried out pretty quickly. Could have been an old tube when I bought it but it was great the first few times of wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW is the word that came in to my mind when i used this mascara for the first time this morning at 5.30 A.M and WOW is the word that again comes in to my mind at 3 P.M.This is my next favorite mascara.I was using Chanel "Le Volume "sinds may and absolutely loved it ( stil do ) even purchased the prune en blue version .Love these as well but my black one was almost finished and suddenly i remembered purchasing the Jordana mascara on Ebay after reading the reviews here but had forgotten all about it so i used it for the first time this morning and OMG this is THE best mascara ever!!Long,curley lashes with just 2 layers of mascara and soft lashes too .Went to work and forgot all about it till just now when i came home and looked in the mirror and just saw long and curley lashes.Nu smudges ,no fall out!I,m totaly in love! Will buy one more on Ebay today as this is not for sale here in The Netherlands.Just wish it had more colors but hey,Chanel is great too :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have very, very thin lashes. Pretty sparse, I must say, that tightlining makes quite an impact. But already naturally curled, so I never feel the need of curler or problem with mascaras failing to hold curls.

With that said, I find this mascara AMAZING. It gives major volume, length and separation. That is pretty hard to achieve with one mascara alone usually.
Granted, most mascaras I've tried are the drugstore ones. I don't have the ballz to drop a fortune on something I'll have to chuck into the trash in 3-mos. But the usual big DS names all failed to impress me. I ended up throwing them out anyway.

I get so many compliments with this on, more than I could ever expect, given the state of my natural lashes.
Many people thought I have lash extensions on. Some other people zoom their nose to my face to take a closer look at my lashes. My co-workers stare at my lashes.

It doesn't make my lashes crusty as well. Still relatively soft to the touch.
No flaking and smudging, too. The weird thing is only, if I fall asleep with this on after an exhausting evening, it shrinks my lashes. No more length, half the volume and my lashes get curlier. Some flakes, too, which is totally fair for me.

This is marketed as non-wp mascara, but I was at a rave and I doused my face a few times with bottled water, no running melted mascaras. So it's pretty damn amazing.

Some people mention clumpings, so maybe it's my lashes that happen to work great with the formula.
It could also be the application.
I always wet my lashes first with holding the wand vertically and brush it to my lashes. Then a swipe from the upper side of the lashes and a few wiggles from under, root to tip. Do the lower lashes and the other eye. Then another swipe from the upper side and under for each upper lash.

I don't find taking it off is that troublesome. Pressing a cotton pad soaked with micellar water for a few seconds before wiping off works just fine. Oil cleansing works, too.

Another mascara that's as good is Too Faced Lashgasm (some of my friends who are genetically blessed with gorgeous lashes thought I was wearing some natural looking falsies). But it costs 7 times as much.

Definite repurchase unless I stumble on something that could beat this (which I doubt would happen in the next couple years).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sororityreefer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up on a whim and LOVE IT... I only found out afterwards that MUA loves it too. I've told all my friends about it. I do find it hard to remove but I guess that's good and bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by keetandkeiko

When you use this mascara, you need to remove the excess product from the brush or it WILL clump. If you do thin layers its an overall good mascara. It has a really dark black color which is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Finding little gems like this is why I love MUA.
I've sampled so many mascaras over the years from high end to most DS brands. I've found that high end brands usually are no better than most DS mascaras and often are a disappointment. However, I never ever thought one of the super-inexpensive brands could ever produce such a great mascara.
I saw Jordana mascara recommended to someone on one of the boards so I hopped over to P-ville to read the reviews. They were overwhelmingly good so I decided to purchase a tube.
For years my go to mascara has been Maybelline Full & Soft. I still love this and will continue to use it most of the time. Jordana is less expensive and gives dramatic fullness & length. It separates and defines, and it doesn't smudge or flake. I even took a nap with it on one day and when I woke up my eyes looked great. The mascara still didn't smudge!
It doesn't just wash off with regular face wash like Full & Soft - I need a separate eye-makeup remover for this, but it's not really a big deal. It does get a little clumpy after a few uses, but I just make sure to wipe any clumps off the brush before swiping it on my lashes.
Update: I've had to remove a lippie because this mascara dries out fast and becomes difficult to use. It isn't really very cost effective when you consider how quickly it dries out. It just doesn't stand up to Maybelline Full & Soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is the best mascara I've used in a long, long time. My lashes look fuller and best of all, this mascara leaves almost no smudges underneath my eyes.

(Full disclosure: I go through a fairly involved process in an attempt to "set" the skin around my eyes because my undereye area is a smudge magnet. First, I apply primer below the eye and on the lid. I then apply undereye concealer. Then I powder both the lid and under the eye, either with face powder, eye shadow, or both. I curl my lashes with a curler heated with a hair dryer, then apply mascara. After it's dry, my eyelashes have straightened out and must be curled again. Whew!)

Even with the process above, almost every mascara I've used, both drugstore and HE, are smudged by lunch. I stopped wearing it except for special occasions where I could duck into the ladies room periodically to wipe them away. With Best Lash Extreme, I have fuller, longer lashes and almost no smudges after a long day. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I quit wearing mascara for a really long time, because tubing mascaras are sooo expensive (even loreal double extend is $10,) and I'd given up on finding a normal one that wouldn't smudge. I mean seriously *given up*. I have "under active tear ducts" (doctor term, not mine,) wicked allergies, contacts, and oily lids. Nothing short of tattooing is really going to last all night on me. I've really missed the look of mascara though, so all this ranting and raving about something as cheap as jordana, I had to get it.

The first couple tubes I got? I thought they were good. Really dry, but they didn't smudge so long as I used a good primer (MAC paint in untitled is my HG, and milani's or Jessie's girl are great for DS.) however, the last tube I bought is AMAZING, and I think it's because jordana has recently revamped their line, so all the new stock is hitting the shelves. The first couple tubes I got definitely looked dusty. As a side note, jordana has also released two new formulations of their mascara as well...I got one of them, that was for extra length. The brush is flexible plastic, really nice, but the formula smudged. I'll be sticking with the original.

All in all, great product at a great price. If yours is dry, take it back and try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by singersongwriter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using MUA to find good quality beauty products, but I never wrote a review. This mascara is worth my first, even though it took me long enough. Last year I heard about this mascara here at MUA (thank you reviewers, from the bottom of my heart!!) and when I went to the States I got like 8 mascaras to give away to friends (I live in Sweden) because it's dirt cheap, and I figured, this many raving reviews can't be wrong.

Oh, this mascara... I can't live without it. And I am that kind of girl who uses very little makeup, I own only a couple of HG products, not much else lying around. So no make up freak, I go for the "enhance your natural beauty"- look, except weekend partying with winged eyeliner and dramatic eyelashes.

No other mascara comes even CLOSE to this one. With two strokes you have separated, thick but non clumpy lashes (be sure to wiggle wiggle that brush while you apply it). You can stop at one layer if you wish, for that natural everyday look.

What I love, and that makes ALL the difference for me, is this... you know how by the end of the day your high end luxury mascara starts chipping or bleeding onto your lower eyelid? That does NOT happen with this one. Like at all. And you know how halfway into your day your high end mascara gets tired of holding your eyelashes curled and they start pointing forwards in stead of upwards? Does NOT happen with this one. My lashes stay stiff and curled (so much that I like to touch them every once in a while during the day, hihi) all day. At the end of the day I cup my hands holding lukewarm water over my eyes, wash with a little soap, and the mascara just glides right off.

I gave it to my sister, 2 friends, one of which got her mother hooked on it too. None of them can go back to any other mascara now.

So I guess I've reached my first and only "con": you get kind of spoiled with this mascara. I'm actually thinking of writing to Jordana begging them to NEVER discontinue it. They can easily raise the price for it (it deserves to be as expensive as high end mascaras, how can it be so cheap?!), but they can not discontinue it!! Either way I might write to them just to thank them for the world's best mascara.

(A bit later): Ok, I just saw a reviewer saying that this mascara is not volumizing enough and doesn't hold a curl well enough... I have never had more volume before with any other mascara, and with less layers than I need with other mascaras. And about the curl hold - I don't even use a curler because I don't need it with this mascara. I guess we're all different and each has to find out what fits them personally, but I would say the price is so affordable that it surely is worth a try ladies!