September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Llbrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome! I am a mascara junkie and no stranger to paying big bucks for high end brands. No more! I will keep my Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes when I want a waterproof mascara but this will now be my "go to" mascara for everyday wear. Is $2.99 and delivers so much more than the $20.00+ brands on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this cheaply priced ($2.99) Jordana mascara based on the mostly glowing reviews here on MUA. I already have long lashes, and I generally look for a mascara that will give me a little extra in the volume department. Well, Jordana apparently thinks "volume" equals "spidery clumpy mess" because that's exactly the look that this mascara gave me. I gave it a few tries but I found the formula too be too thick, making my lashes look gross, clumping together and then getting crunchy. Not a good look. This is a big miss from Jordana in my opinion, although I do think the packaging is cute.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing so many people raving about this I figured it is a dollar why not. Well for me you get what you pay for it looked clumpy and it smudged yet took so much work to remove which was baffling. After two months I threw it away it just never seemed to work new or old. The hunt goes on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I really can't get with this mascara. Something about it just isn't right to me. I like very natural, light, feathery black or brown lashes. This makes my lashes look like a clumpy mess and it feels so heavy on them. It smudges and maybe I got a bad batch? But it was only $.99 so not a loss at all. But I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by eprincess31

So i bought this mascara finally after seeing a couple of beauty vloggers talk about it and I got the courage to buy! I LOVE IT! seriously beats all the other mascaras ive tried definitely makes my lashes POP! like I like them too i just really wish i was waterproof only reason why im not giving it 5 lipsticks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever. After I applied one coat of this mascara I could already see a dramatic difference. The packaging is pretty cute too; a nice simple black tube with purple writing. I only wish it was waterproof. If you cry or swim this runs like crazy. Still the best mascara I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can see why this mascara gets great reviews, it's pretty darn cheap and it does a good job (especially considering the price!). I don't think it's the BEST drug store mascara out there, but it's certainly the best macara in it's price point out there.

I personally never had a problem with smudging with this mascara, but it did take some scrubbing to get it off (even using waterproof mascara remover which I felt was a little weird).

For me the bottom line is this - if you need a decent, inexpensive mascara, give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the great reviews. When I wear this I ALWAYS end up with black marks under my eyes. I can't wear it without looking like a raccoon after a few hours. I threw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this mascara every day for the past year or two, and I will continue to wear it. I have a good set of lashes, somewhat full, not too short, and I care more about volume than length. My eyes are round and my eyelashes get close to my eyebrows when my eyes are open. My lashes have rows; I want to coat the front lashes and the back. Smudging is the purest mascara evil in my opinion. This mascara satisfies all of my major wants. I can afford it (it's cheap!), I get good volume, I can coat all of my lashes, and it doesn't smudge (except for in truly hot and humid conditions - will any mascara persevere?). The one thing I really wish were different was the color. It's a basic black, and I would love for it to be a black black black black. I would also like it to have more shine; it's a pretty matte black.

Brush: It's a classic mascara brush. Nothing fancy, but it works to get through my lash layers. It's also small enough to go behind the back and do the lower lashes. I keep the brush when I throw out the tube. I like them better than spoolies I can buy.

Clumps: I apply this the same as any other mascara: I put it on and then comb through my lashes with a lash comb. I love Tweezerman's lash comb. As such, I don't care too much about clumps because I'll comb them out. I think the brush helps avoid clumps because it is dense. Other volume mascara wands are bigger and have more space between bristles. I don't find this mascara formula to be overly clumpy, but it could bother someone who is avidly against clumping out of the tube.

Flakes: This does flake, but I am not bothered by it. I find the tips of my lashes can get bare and I may have little mascara flakes on my face. I do a touch-up coat if I'm being picky, and the mascara flakes are dry so it's easy to brush off.

Smudges: It doesn't smudge overall. I always wear it on my lower lashes. It can smudge if it's hot and humid or if I put an excessive amount of liquid/cream product under my eyes. I conceal my undereyes everyday, so it takes a lot of product to get it to smudge.

Formula: It's not really wet, and it's not really dry. It does dry out after a couple of months.

Layering: I don't really layer mascaras because it gets so fussy, but I have layered this with other mascaras successfully.

Price: I tend to not think of me being cheap, but I guess I am. I get this for $3-4 at Walgreens and K-Mart, and I continue to buy it. I love it. If the price were to raise, however, I would probably jump to another drugstore brand to see about getting a better color, or I would just go high-end. I would rather pay $30 for some delicious mascara than pay $7 for this. It's weird to say that, but it's true.

I recommend anyone to try it. It performs well, and I'm happy with the way my eyes look. I have several drugstore mascaras, have used many more, and I recommend this above any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

my favorite mascara so far! it makes my lashes look so pretty, long, and thick. the formula is very black and pigmented. it lengthens and volumizes so beautifully. i have very long but thin lashes, and this mascara makes them look even longer and thicker. it also holds a curl well, so my lashes stay curled all day long. the brush is really nice. however, if you dont wipe of the brush to get rid of the excess product it will clump after multiple coats (but cleaning the brush solves the problem perfectly). now the bad/inconvenient part of this product: the packaging. the opening of the mascara is too big, so the excess product does not get scraped off the brush. the brush has too much product and causes clumps after multiple coats (like i said above). it would be great if jordana repackaged so the opneing was skinnier, allowing more product to my scraped off. but minus the packaging, the product is amazing and for now i dont mind scraping off the excess product. i love this mascara and will definitely repurchase.