Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 2/12/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used this twice, both times it dried out my skin to an unforgivable degree. I returned it. Might be okay for someone with oily skin, but for someone like me (dry/normalish skin) it's not a good choice.

on 2/12/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Meh, first time I washed my face with this I could tell it was going to be crazy-drying. Felt very gentle as I washed but as soon as I rinsed it off and dried my face it was like: uh-oh! Houston we are going to have a problem...sooooo, I'll be returning this tomorrow. This product had mixed reviews and I thought I might land in the camp that likes this stuff but I ended up in the negative group.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for quite some time (maybe close to 2 years). I have absolutely no complaints with this product at all. My favorite thing about this cleanser is that it's a foaming cleanser, love that! I don't know if it helps to prevent breakouts or not because I use so many other products, but it definitely doesn't cause me to breakout either. It removes all my makeup/dirt/oil perfectly and is very gentle on my skin; I even use it on my eyes and have no problems. It doesn't dry out my skin at all like other users have stated but that could be because I have oily skin, so maybe you might want to pick another cleanser if you have dry skin since I'm pretty sure this is probably better suited for people with oily/combination skin. The bottle lasts a very long time and costs about $5-6 which is great. Definitely plan on using this cleanser for a long time :)

on 1/19/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product for 2 days now. I usually check out my future purchases on MUA, but found myself at Target and out of facewash so I bought this on a whim. After reading the reviews I was very concerned about people with their skin drying, and very few whose skin broke out. But, I figured I'd give it a try since it was now mine. Well, ladies, this stuff is breaking me out. In 2 days! I never break out. No, listen. I never break out. I now have small little pimples in the most random places...the most random? My eyes. I have ever in my entire life broke out on my eyes...it's so odd. I don't even care to go a whole week trying it out. I'm taking it back tomorrow and switching back to my regular foam cleaner: Neutrogena Foaming Acne Free Wash. I use that with my Clarisonic and am FLAWLESS. So you can imagine what a disappointment this cleanser was while I was even using it with my Clarisonic. I'll take having a slightly red face after washing for a little while over this bull. I mean, I'm known for my awesome skin...I've got a reputation to uphold! :)

Clear Complexion my ass-ets. Tehe.

***3-27-13 UPDATED*** Bumped up to three stars from one. Had a bad reaction to some birth control and decided to try this stuff out again after using a 2% salicylic acid was too much for my skin. This .02% was just enough to clear my skin up a bit without being too harsh. It didn't totally clear my skin up but it did work better than the first time it. The con was that my face would be very irritated after using this wash. Sensitive skin over here. I would not repurchase simply because it is nothing amazing for my skin.

on 1/12/2010 8:08:00 PM

Pros: Cheap, pretty gentle
Cons: A little drying, pump breaks when you have about 2 inches of product left.

I have combination skin, and while this cleanser didn't seem to irritate my skin, it didn't help clear my complexion. Actually, I think the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser worked better for me in terms of clearing up my skin. Will not repurchase Clear Complexion, though I will repurchase Ultra Calming

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I guess everyone's skin is different. I actually had a pretty positive experience with this cleanser. I have combination skin--I get extremely oily on my forehead, nose and chin (perhaps most on the nose), and get an occasional blemish around those areas. My cheeks and jawline, however, tend to be very dry. My skin is also very sensitive. I appreciate the light, foaming texture of this, and how gentle it was on my sensitive skin. However, I'm not sure that it has been all that effective in actually treating my acne. In some areas, it also seems to leave behind a very "tight", dry feeling, so for that reason I didn't give it a five star review. However, considering that it is a relatively inexpensive drug store brand it's pretty good value.

on 12/10/2009 9:12:00 PM

I like this cleanser a lot. This is by far the gentlest acne face wash I had ever tried that doesn't irritate or dry my skin. It doesn't clog my pores and cause breakouts. In fact, it calmed my skin and lessened the redness of my acne. I use this twice a day, morning and night, and one pump is all I need to remove dirt and excess oil off my face. I don't wear any foundation or powder on my face (they clog my pores) but I do wear eyeliner and occasionally eye shadows. I use this cleanser around my eye area and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. And, it does a very good job in removing the eye shadows but so-so in removing the eyeliner. Overall, this face wash cleans very well and gives me a healthy glow.

on 12/4/2009 7:53:00 PM

Don't get this cleanser if you have high expectations. It's a nice cleanser, light and easy, not too heavy and that's just about it. It doesn't dry or irritate my skin, but I wouldn't use it to get rid of my break outs. Definitely not my HG. I tend to use it when I just want a quick refresher, like on a very humid day in the summer and your face feels like an oily mess. For a more thorough cleanser I'd look elsewhere.

For what it's worth, the packaging isn't great. And the price, well, I think there are better cleansers out there for less money.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't repurchase it, it just wouldn't be my main cleanser and more something on the side. Therefor one bottle does last a while in my bathroom.

on 11/17/2009 12:48:00 AM

I'm beginning to have suspicions about this product. For the first few days or so, I really loved this... but my skin is just getting terribly irritated and breaking out in spots that I usually don't get anything in. I'm going to stop using this and see how it goes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It does what it is; a cleanser, plain and simple. Nothing special except that it`s very lightweight.