November 26, 2014 | 1671 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by imtindome

Don't get this cleanser if you have high expectations. It's a nice cleanser, light and easy, not too heavy and that's just about it. It doesn't dry or irritate my skin, but I wouldn't use it to get rid of my break outs. Definitely not my HG. I tend to use it when I just want a quick refresher, like on a very humid day in the summer and your face feels like an oily mess. For a more thorough cleanser I'd look elsewhere.

For what it's worth, the packaging isn't great. And the price, well, I think there are better cleansers out there for less money.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't repurchase it, it just wouldn't be my main cleanser and more something on the side. Therefor one bottle does last a while in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by chocogurl

I'm beginning to have suspicions about this product. For the first few days or so, I really loved this... but my skin is just getting terribly irritated and breaking out in spots that I usually don't get anything in. I'm going to stop using this and see how it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does what it is; a cleanser, plain and simple. Nothing special except that it`s very lightweight.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

underwhelmed, much?

it takes four pumps of this stuff on my face brush to get my makeup (usually either revlon colorstay active, regular colorstay, mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear) off. even then, swiping my face with witch hazel dabbed cotton ball shows me not all my makeup has been removed.

this also did nothing for the quality of my skin with daily use for several weeks. it didn't do anything for my sweetie's skin either.

additionally, the pump gets stuck almost every time. we have to pull it out in order to press it back down again. that's completely irritating when we're in a rush in the morning to get ready.

for the price--and i bought it on sale at about 20-25% off--i find neutrogena's oil free acne wash a better deal and more effective cleanser. in fact, the sweets and i can take nearly a year to use up a whole bottle of neutrogena OFAW whereas we're only on month four of using this aveeno product and we've got maybe 2/5 of the bottle left.

won't ever buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by beachbabe18509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For about the first month I used this my skin looked and felt much better, but then I started getting big red dry flaky patches on my face, and as soon as I quit using it they went away. It's a shame because I did really like the product up until then.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Ruth120

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've probably bought a dozen bottles of this over the last few years. One bottle lasts about 5 months. I use it in the morning when there is no need to remove makeup. The pump bottle is handy in the shower, the formula is not drying, and it rinses off well. Never irritating or itchy.

I do not have an acne problem, so I can't speak to that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by KatelynAnne

This stuff actually broke me out more on my face, it cleared up the acne on my shoulders, back, and chest though ( weird ). It didn't dry my skin out at all, another plus. At least the pump actually worked and it foamed, every other pump "foaming" cleanser either the pump was broken or the stuff didn't foam.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by blanky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product today, so I will be updating later.
My skin type: Combination (oily t-zone, sensitive, slight rosacea, and moderate acne problem on my cheeks.)

I like that it has a pump, its not messy and with 1 pump I had enough for my face. The foam feels good on your face, but after a few seconds I felt some burning. Maybe it was the salicylic acid working on my zits? Either way, the burning wasn't that bad and went away after I rinsed. My skin feels really clean right now for the first time in a long time. I had been using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it wasn't helping the oily part of my skin at all. So Aveeno took care of the oily part without drying my skin out, now we'll just have to see how it affects me acne-wise. The price is also pretty good, $6 for a tube and it seems like it'll last a long time since it is foam.

UPDATE: It's been a few months, and I have to say that it is little bit drying. Sometimes after I wash my face and open my mouth wide or make any sort of 'big' facial expression my skin feels tight. It's not a good feeling 'cause it kinda feels like my skin is being forced when my facial muscles move. It goes away when I put moisturizer, but the thing is sometimes I don't wanna apply moisturizer right after and just let my skin breathe a little. I'll debate whether I re-purchase this or not. It still has not caused me breakouts so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by conrad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is really impressive. I have very oily skin and after using this my face feels so clean. It takes all my makeup off and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Once I moisturize I am good to go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is one of my two cleanser that I always use. I love this cleanser, it's gentle but still gets all of my makeup and dirt off. I can rub this cleanser over my eyes to get off the rest of my mascara and liner without my eyes burning. A great product, I will continue to buy it religiously.