October 26, 2014 | 1491 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ceah

This used to be my HG foundation, but not anymore. I recently purchased two new bottles and one of them seemed thicker than the other. I thought it was just my imagination until I tried it and realized the formula had been changed. I not only compared the ingredients to my second bottle but I compared it to an old empty bottle and GUESS WHAT? The ingredients are different. A month ago I would have rated this a 4 or even 5. But now I have to give it a 1 because it is an entirely different foundation masquerading as Revlon Colorstay, but it's not. My HG Colorstay was the most transfer resistant foundation that I had ever use and would stay on my face from 7 am until I took it off at night around 8pm, that it over 12 hours and it would still look great. And I have oily skin. But this new formula transfers very easily to the point where it is no longer a long wearing foundation. Why oh why did they have to fix what WASN'T broken. Now I have to find another. so sad.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by AleMarisol1212

I LIKE THIS MAKEUP ALOT, IT HAS GOOD MED/FULL COVERAGE,,LAST ALL DAY,,GREAT TO CONTROL OIL,,GOOD AMOUNT OF SHADES,,I FIND THAT THE BEST WAY TO APPLY IS WITH MY ELF STUDIO POWDER BRUSH WICH IS INEXPENSIVE AND WORKS GREAT AS WELL),, I TEND TO MIX MY REVLON FOUNDATION WITH BOOTS HIGH LIGHTS,,AND IT GIVES MORE TIME TO BLEND BEFORE IT DRIES AND GIVES YOU A MORE DEWY NOT SOO MATTE FINISH,,,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Makeitup17

My favorite foundation! I've tried many drugstore foundations before but they end up being too orange or too cakey even if I try a couple of different shades around my tone. I originally bought the Ivory for Combination/Oily skin (which is my skin type) and I used it around the wintertime, but it had sort of a pinkish tone to it that made my face look a different color than my neck, and it may have been just a bit too light, which ended up making my skin look translucent in the fluorescent lights at school. The next shade of foundation I could purchase looked too dark for me, but instead of giving up on this foundation, i decided to mix two shades together! So i bought Nude, and mixed it about equal parts with Ivory, and the color came out perfect that time. Now at the beginning of summer, My face tanned a little so I left out the Ivory and just used Nude, and the color is perfect once again! It looks very natural, not caked, and the coverage is great for my acne scars. It doesn't break me out luckily but now Im on Tazorac so lll be using less of this anyway. I mix it with my spf 50 sunscreen which makes it look even more natural, and gives me my sun protection :) .The cost for me was $14 a bottle with tax from walgreens which is kind of a high price for a drug store foundation, but a low price for being a high quality product. I SO recommend this product! If you don't like it at first, try experimenting with colors or application techniques or try to add moisturizer to it, etc. It is such a flexible product for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by simplymelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loved this foundation! I have oily skin and with other foundations my face would get oily super fast but with this foundation I don't get oily until the end of the day (7 or 8pm) when I apply in the mornings to go to work ....this is something I am going to buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finding a foundation that matches my neutral-tanned- olive undertoned-Latina skin has always been a struggle. This is the best foundation I could find for my skin tone and oily skin. I bought this in Natural Tan about 2-3 years ago and I still have a bunch of product. It is a bit pricier for a drugstore foundation however the payoff for me has been great.
    This product gives great coverage and definitely stays put all day long, even on my oily skin (although my face DOES get shiny within an hour, but my face gets shiny no matter what, blotting papers are my best friends aha) I have never gotten foundation stains on my clothes. However you do need to work fast with this product as it does dry quickly. I prefer to use my hands to work with this product to get it to blend well because the product is a stiff if that makes sense. A little goes a long way with this, so the product should last you long.
    NOTE that I do not wear foundation daily, not even weekly. On special occasions I use it on my whole face, but I generally use foundation when I'm covering up a rash, zit, bruise, or discolouration on my face, and I only use it for the affected area. First I use my Lise Watier portfolio corrector wheel on the area and then using my fingers, DAB a little bit of this product on top and finish with translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jamisaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it... Good buildable coverage that keeps me from getting oily!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

This is the foundation I always use and honestly I can't find any that is as good as this. It defiantly dosent make me as oily as the others. It covers really well and it lasts so long! It does feel a bit cakey sometimes and looks cakey if applied too much but overall this is my favourite foundation and I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by faggooott

my FAVORITE drugstore foundation, ever! it has amazing coverage (I have bad acne) its build-able and doesn't start looking cakey. I do however hate the packaging. I always pour mines into a pump bottle I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I have finally came to the conclusion that this foundation beats all of the rest of foundations out there.I have tried literally samples or have bought full sizes of foundation from pratically every cosmetic company.I always come back & use this foundation.I strayed from this before, because it seemed a bit tricky finding the correct color.I have finally found my close/true shade of this foundation.I love the formulation for my skin.I have no break outs,lasts my entire work day.My skin can breath & feels like I don't have foundation on.I am done my search for that holy grail of foundations =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just rediscovered this foundation and it's decent for a drugstore foundation. My skin is very oily so this breaks down pretty fast when worn without primer. When worn over Mally Poreleas Primer, it wears like a top quality high end liquid foundation. When worn over Smashbox Photofinish, it wears well but becomes oily after about 6 hours. I put in very long days -- sometimes 22 hours -- so long lasting makeup is really important ro me. If worn on it's own, it doesn't give me the coverage I need for the length of time I need. When worn over the Smashbox (applied with a beauty blender), it last for about 18 solid hours...but when applied over the Mally' it literally lasts for 24 hours with flawless coverage. This is one of the best drug store foundations I've used and the range of colora is excellent.