December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have both the dry skin and the oily skin version of this because my skin tends to change during seasons. I think this is an OKAY foundation but I'm not a heavy foundation kind of person because I don't have anything to hide on my skin really. Just pinkish cheeks and a sheer cover (such as NARS SG) usually solves that problem pretty quick. Plus it tranfered on my clothes through the day. I wont buy anymore but I may use this at times when I need a little more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel compelled to review the new 24 hour formula and compare it to the old formula with softflex. First, I am reviewing the Combination/Oily formula. I must say that I like the new 24 hour formula much better than the old one. I know I seem to be in the minority, as fellow ColorStay users seem to think the old version was better. Let me explain why I love this new version so much more.
1) This formula looks much prettier on the skin than the original did. It sets to a satin matte finish which in neither dewy or chalky matte. It looks like beautiful skin. I do set my t-zone with powder to keep the look longer. This version lasts much longer on my skin and stays looking flawless for hours. I usually only blot my t-zone once in an 8 hour day. On the flip-side, the old formula looked chalky and dry when I would apply it; then, after only a few hours, it seemed to be melting off. Not sure why my skin reacted so differently than others, but this new formula has staying power for me while the other didn't.
2) NO MORE BREAKOUTS!! I cannot emphasize this enough. With this new version, I can wear it everyday that I wear makeup and I will not get pimples from it. The old formula would always cause a zit or three if I wore it too many days in a row. I can breathe easy knowing that I'm not suffocating my skin and I'm still getting great coverage.
3) It seems the shades are better now. I used to wear either Buff or Sand Beige in the winter/spring but the Medium Beige was too dark in the summer, so I was stuck wearing too light a shade. It wasn't a big deal; I would just bronze a bit more. However, now I can wear Medium Beige in the summer and it matches so well! I wore Sand Beige this past winter and it seemed to be good too. For reference, my MAC SFF shade is NW/NC15 in the winter and NW/NC25 in summer (MAC shades are either too pink or too yellow for me; I'm a true neutral).
Long-winded, I know, but I wanted to extend a little love to the new formula. I know many of you are angry, but there are many of us that like the change.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THE GOSH DARN FORMULA??! For crying out loud, don't fix it if it aint broke! The very first formula was better coverage and staying powder. The new colorstay does't have as good coverage, it makes me break out, and i have no color match. I am NC 44-45 in mac and I wear Nars Sheer Glow Tahoe since it is a perfect match for me. I cannot find a single shade that works out for me and i have tried three different shades. Non have yellow undertones strong enough for my skin. This foundation also feels a bit heavy and it is STANKY! The smell is strong so i don't recommend for people sensitive to smell. I really wanted to like this but there is simply no drugstore foundation out there for me. I have to spend 30+ dollars on foundations but they are worth it. This wasn't worth the money i spent. I'm very dissapointed.

oh yea, and WHY NO PUMP?!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing at covering acne. This gives me flawless skin. I don't need to use so much concealer and it stays on FOREVER. Every other product might've melted off my face but this foundation will still be there and still look good.

I have combo, acne-prone, eczema-prone, sensitive skin. I have this in oily/combo, which is great especially if I use a moisturiser/illuminator just before applying so it doesn't cling to my dry patches - otherwise it would, big time.

Because of its high coverage, I recommend buffing this in with something like the real techniques Buffing Brush or ELF Powder Brush (flat top buffing brushes) and blending well into the hairline and down the neck. I say this and my shade is pretty much a perfect match for me. Eye area and nose tend to crease a lot if I apply it too thickly there.

Using the buffing brush to press the foundation into problem areas works better than concealer!

I bought this in NZ where Revlon is much pricier than elsewhere but I was pleased with the lovely packaging - comes with a pump. I use about 1 1/2-2 pumps each use.

I thought NARS Sheer Glow was my HG but my skin is too temperamental at the moment and needs so much coverage :( Colorstay has saved me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by alissacupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation so much it covers up acne amazingly. Although it is a little thick I apply it a different way than the usual way. I first use this foundation and use my stippling brush over only my problemed areas then blend it out even more with my beauty blender. Then I take a light weight foundation like the loreal magic nude liquid powder. And afterwards set it with my loreal true match powder. It's a great foundation but I don't like to use a full coverage foundation all over my face because it can get a little cakey. I definitely recommend this product to anyone with acne/scars and trying to cover it up as much as possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this foundation, really good coverage and the price is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Sydben

I don't get it.... is there something I'm doing wrong?? The reason why I got this foundation is because of all the amazing reviews I read on it and because it's supposedly the "best" foundation in the drugstore. I bought it and tried it on the day that I got it and I was SO disappointed. It made my face look so matte and dry when the formula that I got was for Normal/Dry skin; and I have normal skin. It also highlighted every flaw I had on my face and clinged to my minimal peach fuzz which literally made me look like I had a beard. It also clinged to my freckles and it looked like I had white dots on my face. Ontop of that it totally dried out my skin and made me flake which doesn't make sence because I thought it was supposed to be for dry skin. Anyways this was the worst foudation I've ever used. It was fair to say that my skin looked better without it on. So just because so many people like something doesn't mean it will work for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by f4wn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is perfect for me. I have very oily/acne prone skin, and this controls oil and doesn't break me out. I use the color Rich Tan in the Oily/Combination formula. It dries really quickly, so I have to work section by section. Once it dries, it will stay put! There's no color transfer, and it really does stay on for a long time, which is perfect for school or work. Honestly, I don't even need to use a powder with this because the finish is so flawless and matte. It is very full coverage, but you can definitely just cover your face in a thin layer if you need to. Bottom line: I recommend this foundation to anyone who needs a good full coverage, long lasting foundation for oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by x0jadore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

probably my favorite drug store foundation. has great medium/full coverage and stays on almost all day. doesnt feel too heavy or cakey. i just wish the bottle came with a pump!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This makes me extremely oily even i i chose the one for oily/combination skin. So disappointed :/