September 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I have finally came to the conclusion that this foundation beats all of the rest of foundations out there.I have tried literally samples or have bought full sizes of foundation from pratically every cosmetic company.I always come back & use this foundation.I strayed from this before, because it seemed a bit tricky finding the correct color.I have finally found my close/true shade of this foundation.I love the formulation for my skin.I have no break outs,lasts my entire work day.My skin can breath & feels like I don't have foundation on.I am done my search for that holy grail of foundations =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just rediscovered this foundation and it's decent for a drugstore foundation. My skin is very oily so this breaks down pretty fast when worn without primer. When worn over Mally Poreleas Primer, it wears like a top quality high end liquid foundation. When worn over Smashbox Photofinish, it wears well but becomes oily after about 6 hours. I put in very long days -- sometimes 22 hours -- so long lasting makeup is really important ro me. If worn on it's own, it doesn't give me the coverage I need for the length of time I need. When worn over the Smashbox (applied with a beauty blender), it last for about 18 solid hours...but when applied over the Mally' it literally lasts for 24 hours with flawless coverage. This is one of the best drug store foundations I've used and the range of colora is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by JenGarza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a NC15 and Buff was my perfect shade. This really does last a long time (I would say easily 8 hours at least) even though I am incredibly oily. I don't feel too "cakey" either by the end of it's lifespan. It's definitely now my go-to drugstore foundation because it is reliable and will guaranty to cover any of my redness or blemishes. I'm not in love with the container, as it is hard to scrape out the last remains, but it's not a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Tmichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this product because my ColorStay whipped foundation was getting a little too light for my skin as it gets darker in the summer. I really like it so far! The color works great for my skin, and it feels quite light but you can make it fuller coverage if you need it.

My biggest complain is that it desperately needs a pump!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by madicat97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did like this. When I had a lot of acne it applied and covered it. It has pretty full coverage. I found it to be buildable. It also did a very nice job controlling my oil. And I have extremely oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation now comes with a pump. Amen. Thank you Revlon, you made our lives a lot easier. A good foundation to have lying around, especially for those days/nights when you want a little more coverage. Wouldn't be using it for everyday use for the fact that it is heavy and thick and I think that it does clog my pores and cause breakouts after repeated use. I still really like this foundation and would really recommend it for night time use if you want more coverage for two reasons: 1) It is long lasting 2) Provides a near-full coverage and 3) is cost effective. I'm not sure if it's hormonal or if it's just the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this foundation! It is full coverage and lasts all day but it is difficult to remove and breaks me out occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

My usual go to foundation was MUF's HD foundation, which works great, but is on the expensive side. Revlon's ColorStay foundation works amazingly well for the price and I like it better than the HD foundation. The coverage is medium-full depending on how much coverage you want. It does tend to dry really fast so I blend it out with a damp beauty blender. It leaves me with a flawless, natural finish that lasts literally all day. The only thing I wish it had was a pump because the bottle tends to dirty very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Justin650

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is overhyped. I tried the Toast version and it looked too red on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Revlon ColorStay foundation for oily/combination skin.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation, that feels a bit thick and needs to be worked on the skin quickly (I felt that otherwise, it dried easily).
    The colour I used was Buff, which was a really nice pale shade with slight yellow undertones. However, I would never repurchase this because I was using it during a time that my skin was breaking out a lot (I had to take isotretinoin!) and I'm suspicious that this foundation made me skin worse. This is because as soon as I started using it, my skin would break out more (and at the time I was "happy" that at least the foundation could cover everything) and once I stopped using it, my skin started to get better.
    However, I'm not fully sure if it was this foundation that caused me to break out (I used it about 2.5 years ago) but it just brings me bad memories. Besides, nowadays I prefer something that feels lighter.

I would say, if you're looking for a full covarage foundation (despite the heavier consistency), with a nice selection of shades and reasonable price, you might want to give it a try. I'd only advice you to test this carefully if you're acne pronce or your skin breaks out easily from products.