September 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Blurredvision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Chanel lives up to it's name. I expect nothing less than perfection with the price tag and this foundation certainly delivered.

It's very liquidy, so I forego a brush and apply with my fingers. It is very light - so if you need more coverage this probably isn't the foundation for you. I love that it isn't completely matte; seeing as I am very dry skinned I look for foundations that don't cling to my dry patches and this one passes my test.

The shade I have, 10 Beige, is the lightest shade they make. It matches my skin perfectly (I'm wearing it in my profile picture). I believe this shade is the more yellow shade (If I remember correctly they carry a BR line that compliments more pinky toned people).

All in all, it has become my new favorite foundation and I am glad I shelled out the money for this foundation. I have had it for a few months now and I am no where near finishing it so it will last a decent period of time as well. Worth the money. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

I am a foundation junkie and I have a different kind of foundation depending on my mood. I feel like I have tried them all and Chanel definitely is my holy grail of foundations. They have just about every kind of texture for every skin type and liking. Vitalumiere aqua has just the perfect texture. It is light and satiny, not too luminous but not too matte. It is the "my skin but better" kind of foundation. It is a light to medium build able foundation but is definitely not full coverage. This foundation is perfect, unless you like that cakeface look, then you would hate how this foundation looks like you are not wearing any makeup. I say grab a sample and try it out for yourself and if you have the extra cash, purchase one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is INCREDIBLE. I should start out by saying that I am a NC15/20 in Mac and I wear B10. I'm pretty fair skinned with a yellow undertone. I have pretty normal/combination oily skin and I struggled with acne for a few years. Now I have pretty clear skin with a few breakouts hear and there. Anyways, I look for a pretty light coverage foundation because I HATE the feeling of heavy foundation. This foundation does just that-light/medium coverage that feels absolutely weightless! It gives the most beautiful finish to your skin, making it look like you're not wearing anything, but just have naturally flawless skin. What this foundation WON'T do is give full coverage, so if that's what you're looking for you probably won't like this foundation.
Other important facts:
-No comedogenic ingredients (won't break you out)
-Spf 15
-1 fluid oz.
-$45 in U.S.
-Plastic bottle with a pour spout applicator
-Light floral scent

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

For reference, I am NC20 with dry skin. I bought B20, which is supposed to be a perfect match for NC20.

I did a lot of research before buying this foundation. Most people compare this to a tinted moisturizer, others say this has a lot of buildable coverage. I agree with both - it really depends on how much you slap on. I do like the finish because it's barely noticeable - it does look like skin.

That said, it oxidizes on me! And I'm dry skinned! This hardly ever ever happens to me so I was really surprised (and ticked off, given the hefty price tag). I tried it on in the store on one half of my face with nothing underneath or over top of the foundation, walked around the mall for an hour, then went back, liked how it wore and picked it up. The next day, however, I applied it in the evening and in a few hours, it had oxidized a bit to a NC25 color - it made me look red - like I'd just come in from a run in the sun. The next time, I decided to use a primer underneath, to rectify the situation. I used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Then I layered the foundation on top. This time, it turned further brown to NC30 and left my face looking markedly different from the rest of me. I did not give up, however, and decided to use my hubby's moisturizer - Vaseline anti-spot moisturizer with SPF15. This time, success. No oxidation. So for all of you experiencing a shift in color, please play around with the moisturizer/primer you use till you find something that works.

Another reason I wouldn't repurchase - it dries my skin out. I thought this would be kind to drier skins but apparently not. I had a bit of a dry skin/tight skin day last week and this foundation not only highlighted dry patches and flaky bits, it created new ones! I had worn this alone, with no moisturizer underneath, so I've learned my lesson. It's behaving better now that I've got the right moisturizer on underneath but it was a hassle and a half getting here.

The good news - it is the easiest foundation to slap on and go. My whole routine has been reduced to under 5 minutes and not only that - it lasts really well, even in the heat. I've recently moved to India and this foundation lasts well in the high heat and humidity we face here daily. It gives me a bit of a glow and definitely makes me look polished.

Final verdict - I'm on the fence about this one. Might try the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat after this and go from there.

Update: I got this in the B10 and love it. If it oxidizes, I'm still fine as it's not too noticeable. I also purchased le Blanc de Chanel to use as a primer and mix with my B20 which serves to lighten it and to make it more wearable. I now adore this foundation as the primer gives me enough moisture underneath to avoid any peeling/dry patch situations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So this was my first ever high end makeup product and i got to say I'm a bit impressed. It left my skin with a lovely sheen and it feels really light on the face. It has fair staying power for as light of a foundation as it is. I used it at work today and about halfway through my shift I noticed a bit of shine. which to me is fair judging by the fact I'm a waitress and my job is pretty active, and I live in Florida so the humidity and heat are crazy and that doesn't help, also I didn't use a primer because I wanted to see how well it held up on its own. I'm sure if you just powder it a bit it would look fine but I have no power to test this theory. Its is a teeny tiny bit orange for my super pale skin but you cant even tell in synthetic light and in natural light its barely noticeable. It is alot paler then most drug store foundations where its a whole shade or 2 too dark. It is pretty sheer to medium coverage, so if you have acne or super pink cheeks or scaring this might not be for you or you'll need concealer. it is little more then drugstore bb creme coverage that's a good way to put it. it has a bit of a sent, not a bad one and it does fade, i cant smell it after maybe an hour. I like the bottle as well it has a dropper kind of spout, so you wont waste product trying to dump the right amount. the bottle is opaque which might be annoying later when I'm about to run out and i cant tell. ( sorry for the long review just trying to toss all the details in)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Doesn't last !!! Not worth the price !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I ran out of my Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation and decided to try something new. During the summer I wear Sand in BB and B10 in Chanel was a good match but just a tad lighter than BB. This foundation does oxidize a bit, so B10 is a good choice for my light but warm skin. The coverage is light to medium, but it's quite buildable for the bad skin days. It doesn't leave any stains on white shirts. The best thing I love is that it fills the fine lines evenly, better than the Bobbi's Skin! It really evens out the skintone and covers the pink areas.It lasts for 8-10 hours if lightly touched with powder in the T-zone. Yes, it's really THAT lasting, and thus it doesn't come off with just warm water and cleansing foam. I use drugstore micellar solution and then wash my face with cleansing foam to take it off. I haven't noticed any new imperfections since I've started using it, and I always have ones when I use any siliconey foundation - thank you Chanel for that! And the catches... you really have to shake it hard for half a minute, and eh, the price((

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sabrinadi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation recently and had really high expectations because a lot of people had given very good reviews of it. I wanted it so badly that I bought it even though it actually is way too expensive for me (this means maaany hours of baby sitting). So anyways, I was extremely excited about it. Two of the pros of the Vitalumière Aqua are definitely the packaging and finish. In the beginning, my skin looked very nice and naturally radiant. After a few hours though, the foundation began to cling onto the dry patches on my skin and looked absolutely horrifying. I think that this could be fixed with a good primer, however. The most disappointing part though is that it irritates my skins so badly. I don't know why, but after just a few days of using this, my skin has been breaking out! It itches, hurts and is so much drier than ever before. I really want to love this foundation, especially because it is so extremely expensive, but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by grumpymochi

I bought this recently when I'm on a trip to KL. The beauty consultant was really friendly. Anyways, I tried this foundation and the weather in Malaysia is always humid and my foundation stayed on for more than 8 hours! I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear and personally it's a little heavy for me. The Vitalumiere Aqua is perfect! My new favourite foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

This is one of my favorite higher end foundations that i've been using for a little over a year off and on. I really love using this in fall/winter and spring. This for me is like a tinted moisturizer which is great for my normal to dry skin. Again, the coverage isnt medium or full which is what i now prefer (due to melasma spots) so it works in the areas where I don't really need the coverage but just need a good even-ning out. I use my fingers to blend it out and then dab Revlon colorstay in the areas where i need the extra coverage.
I love the scent and i love the spf. This is water based (but with alcohol??) so it must be shaken up. I also keep this in my fridge to make it last longer.

I'd say stay away if youre looking for medium coverage, longevity or if you have oily skin.

I will repurchase.