October 23, 2014 | 1585 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MP70

Great bargain and terrific coverage without being heavy. I apply this with a foundation brush and finish with Rimmel stay matte pressed powder for great coverage that last throughout the day without getting blotchy and it tends to keep shine away too. Highly recommended

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was hoping this product would give me a matte finish, but it gave me a rather dewey finish. It's very oily, although it claims to be oil free. I got oily after wearing this for maybe 2 hours, even with primer. It comes off very easily too; I have yellow stains on my shirts to prove it. Maybe this product will work better for someone who has dry skin. The packaging could have been better. If you're not careful, the product will come out in large amounts. And since you have to squeeze the product out, it's always a difficulty to get the right amount. I definitely will not buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation looks very thick and cakey! No matter how sheer I applied it, it always looks thick and unnatural on the skin. It also sits in fine lines and wrinkles and draws attention to pores. The lightest color is also a little too dark for me, so I wish it came in a lighter shade! The finish is semi-matte. This is NOT a flat matte finish foundation. It can has a satin finish and can also look a bit dewy if you have oily skin. I definitely have to set it with powder or it looks super shiny. Unfortunately, it also transfers easily and tends to wear off patchy during the day. Feels very heavy on the skin! This does not make your skin look smooth either, as it tends to highlight any textural imperfections. It also tends to get greasy throughout the entire day. If you touch your face the foundation wipes off very easily. Will not repurchase, feels suffocating on the skin. It has a very masky appearance and it will make you look like your wearing a thick layer a makeup, even when applied sheerly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

LOVE this stuff! I love full coverage foundations, so this and Revlon Colorstay are my two favorites. The color selection is limited, but the lightest shade is perfect for my skin. And this stuff LASTS!! Even after a long gym session, this stuff stays!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc25-27, yellow warm undertones

This foundation is pretty good for a drugstore product. I picked this up in 200 soft beige, which is a bit too light for my skintone but bronzer helps out. Medium coverage: little goes a long way!!! This product is a bit thick but easy to blend. this foundation has a semi-matte finish. Doesnt set fast. I mainly powder in my t-zone and just lightly powder the rest of my face. Has a floral scent and comes In a squeeze tube. I would repurchase in my correct shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cyberseraphim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a $7(there abouts) medium coverage foundation that I'll buy simply because it's the best of it's type for its price range. But, I don't love this product. Here's why:

Currently, I've been using this foundation (for the second time) only because I'm in a bind. My HG foundation, Kat von D's lock-it foundation in light 44, has been out of stock as of late and I hate every other foundation I've ever tried.

This Rimmel foundation is cheap, and has a build-able coverage. Apply an all over layer, then apply another layer where you need more coverage. I do find that this foundation transfers a little, but it's nothing horrible and I won't stop use because of it.

I use the lightest shade in 100 and it's the wrong color. It's too dark and orangy. I have a more beige undertone and I have the worst time finding a foundation to match me. It's not a super huge deal, I'm a rockstar and I powder and contour and blush and highlight until I look good, but what a waste of time. If I swatched this "light" shade, you'd think I picked a solid medium, it's not light by any means. Yes, it blends out to slightly lighter, but yikes, not even close, really.

Also, I'm lucky if this stuff stays on my face for 12 hours, let alone 25. I realize that it's not to be taken literally, but I can definitely see a huge difference from when I put it on in the morning to when I see myself in the afternoon. I moisturize, exfoliate, apply primer (currently testing out Rimmel, Smashbox, tarte, bare minerals, and hard candy to find my HG primer), and I set my foundation with a powder. Regardless, this doesn't blow me away, but I'm stuck with it. Hurry up, Sephora, restock my Kat von D foundation, I'm dying here!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I took advantage of a sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and got several Rimmel products, including this foundation.
My initial thoughts:

Texture and Finish:
The texture and consistency is somewhat on the thick side, although it's far from pancake makeup.
This foundation gives medium to full coverage so if you like a sheer look, this one isn't for you.
There is a particular fragrance but nothing I can't tolerate.

Durability:
After nearly 8 hours of wearing this stuff, the coverage is still decent with minimal shine breakthrough. (I'm trying out the Stay Matte powder which is probably helping)

I do notice some dry patches on my chin and right cheek, which are prone to dryness. (hormonal acne on the chin)
I wouldn't recommend this foundation for drier skin types. It seems best for normal to slightly combination or slightly oily skin types.

Overall, I like this foundation for the smooth finish it gives me although I'll get better use in the summer when my skin gets oilier.
The colour selection is mediocre but if you can find your shade, this is a good bargain to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Newmommy2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think, after 2 bottles and many months of use, it is safe to say I have found my HG foundation. Here are my reasons for making such a bold declaration:

Skin type: Oily. Plain and simple. Revlon CS can't make it 6 hours on this face, but Rimmel lasting finish has gone 12+ hours and still looked ::almost:: as good as when first applied.
Color: 103 is the same color as my skin. I have NEVER found this good of a shade match in 15 years of wearing makeup.
Coverage: Insane!! I have acne scars and redness that disappear when I use this stuff. Do be careful not to over apply, as you will end up with cake face.
Price: Dirt cheap, especially when you can find a coupon or a decent sale. I don't think I've paid full price for it yet.

Others have mentioned that they did not care for the packaging, but I rather like it. It is travel friendly, hygienic and easy to control the amount dispensed. Yes, the shade range is limited, but if you can find a match and are looking for a full coverage foundation, I would highly recommend giving this a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by fizzaypop

Surprisingly this acts as a great undereye concealer, mainly because of it's staying power. I layer this on top of my under eyes and I'm great for the whole day. Beats any concealer I've purchased (and I'm a concealer junkie!) give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The tube packaging is bad! If you lay it on it's side or upside-down, the product will come out everywhere inside the lid, resulting in a lot of product wasted. So keep it upright (lid up) to avoid this problem.

***Update: Even with vigorous scrubbing, I can't remove this foundation completely from my face. Probably due to the heavy amount of silicones in it. Wahh!

It does indeed accentuate my flakes. My face looks horrible 3 hours after applying a quarter-size amount with a foundation brush.