Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 8/25/2012 12:29:00 PM

This has got to be the worst "moisturizer" I have ever used. I don't even understand how this product made it to the shelves. It should be called a "dehydrator" because it made my skin a dry flakey mess. It does contain alcohol, like the 1st or 2nd ingredient, and boy oh boy do you feel it. I am truly puzzled by all the great reviews for this. Please don't waste your money.

on 8/25/2012 12:22:00 PM

Goodness, I don't know where all these great reviews are coming from. This product was terrible. ): My skin did not absorb it at all and it just sat on top of my skin and did nothing but dried it out, it seemed. The bottle was totally cute and it smelled great, but it did not do anything for me. Overall, I'm not a big Garnier fan.

on 8/16/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was hoping that this would be an affordable drugstore dupe for my Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Gel which has been my favorite moisturizer for almost 10 years now but sadly it is not. They are both gel formula moisturizers and both are meant for combo/oily skin. Garnier is a thinner, more watery like texture, at first it does feel very cooling on the skin and the smell is out of this world. However, this product has alcohol in it, and around the 4th day of me using it, the alcohol dried out my face rather than letting the moisturizer do it's job. I ended up with some suspicious looking pimples on my forehead. I NEVER breakout on my forehead and I also noticed a burning sensation after application around the same time period. I immediately switched back to my Clinique and my skin was back to normal. I think if the Garnier one didn't have as much alcohol content, it could have been a winner. The Garnier one costs 8 dollars and the Clinique one costs about 38-40 dollars which does break the bank but I repurchase because it lasts forever and doesn't irritate my skin. Also not a fan of the packaging of the Garnier one. It comes in a glass jar, and I don't like having to get my fingers in it, doesn't seem to be very hygienic, that's a great way to spread bacteria back and forth to the face from the jar. All in all, I'm still looking for a dupe that is more affordable cause this one sadly was not it. If you skin is sensitive or if you're weary of harsh ingredients I'd avoid this one completely. Such a bummer.

TLDR:
Price- $8
Available at- CVS, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, ULTA
Formula-Light Gel Formula
Meant For- Combo/Oily Skin
Scent- Great
Packaging-Glass Jar.
Bad Reactions: Yes. Dryness/Breakouts/Burning Sensation
Extra Notes: I wouldn't recommend this product. The high alcohol content is quite drying and irritating, especially for sensitive skins.
Overall: 4/10

on 8/7/2012 10:48:00 AM

I was looking for an actual moistureizer that didn't leave my skin super oily. I mostly use this at night before going to bed. My face has never looked better. My eye area is always super dry and this has def helped it. Everytime I see it on sale I make super to stock up. A lil goes a long way :)

on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 PM

I'd like to like this coz its refreshing and doesnt clog my pores or cause acne. the ingridients is bad for your skin , coz it has alcohol denature in it.

on 7/26/2012 5:16:00 AM

I looove this, it is so refreshing and light and perfect for my oily skin :D I can't even explain how soothing this feels on a hot day. also, my make up goes on so nice and smooth over top and because it's a watery oil free gel, my make up stays matte for way longer! I just used up my 3rd jar of it.
buut after reading one of the reviews below, I realized that this moisturizer is the reason that my sunscreens don't go on smoothly anymore. I was wondering why the sudden change in my sunscreens haha but it's not a problem for me, I only use this when I know I will be indoors all day. If I need spf I use the aveeno moisturizers.

on 7/8/2012 2:02:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer! I have combo skin (normal-dry cheek with an oily t-zone) and it manages to keep both types of skin feeling plump and moisturized. A little bit of this goes a long way. It has a light pleasent scent and goes on really smoothly. I have only used this as a nighttime moisturizer and therefore have not tried this under my makeup (I use Garnier's moisture rescue with spf15 in the morning under my makeup). It is really light on the skin, but keeps it moisturized and plump throught the night and even until I woke up. Upon application there is a slight cooling sensation.
The only con I can think of is the packaging. It's not that hygenic as you have to dip your fingers in, but I can see the problem if the added a pump- it would exert too much product. It is also in a glass jar, it could chip and break which would just really suck. Would totally buy again for $6 as you do not need that much product for the face.

on 7/1/2012 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like it over sunscreen or after I shower/wash my face and I don't need to apply sunscreen or other products. I sometimes use it at night when I don't want something heavier or when it is hot and I want something cool and light. I think for the price it is a great option.

on 6/29/2012 4:59:00 PM

I'd like to say that I love Garnier products. I love their toners, washes, shampoos, you name it. My skin usually likes their stuff a lot and I have very sensitive skin, so finding something that doesn't irritate is nice. Unfortunately, this moisturizing gel hit a miss. I don't know what exactly is in it. (I read the ingredient list and it was mostly stuff that had awful chemical names, which surprised me. I looked up a few and they were "synthetic" chemicals in replacement of real ones. After using it for 2 or 3 days straight I think it started to give me a bit of a rash.
Although, I'd like to say this stuff applied uniquely. I think it went on light, thin, spread easy with very little product. I don't feel like it moisturized much for me, but if you have oily skin, this stuff would be great for you! It really is thin and not greasy one bit.
It has a nice refreshing scent but it has a "cooling" ingredient which is a synthetic form of menthol which I dislike the feeling of greatly.
One last thing, I couldn't wear this stuff under my BB creams. (I know I didn't have to but sometimes I forgot.) It would clump up and get a weird texture and just didn't blend at all. I'd assume it would be the same with a SPF lotion. Terrible.

Well, I was seeking a cheaper product and this missed the mark! It did not work well with a sunscreen and I tried several. Very disappointing so I will stick with my more expensive moisturizer.

Popular Moisturizers