October 25, 2014 | 1867 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Charlottelovesbeauty

I love my naked palette and I use it everyday! Even if I only use one color a day at least I'm still using it each day!! The price is crazy but make sure you buy it with your own money my friend didn't and she hardly uses it. If you save up then you will really appreciate and use it every single day. The packing if not my favorite I like the Naked 2 packaging a lot better it looks much sturdier. The Naked palette 1 rubs off and gets messy very easily. The price is hard to get over but once you actually buy it you will never regret it. If you use neutrals and a bold smoky look you will use this every day of your life!!! A few more things just if your wondering!
1. The eye shadow is very smooth but I've had it for 6 months and some colors have air bubbles in them and it doesn't bother me but it may bother you.
2.The shadows last all day but I've never used my shadows without a primer either mac paint pot in bare study or my urban decay primer potion so they stay on forever.
3. The pigmentation is amazing but some colors including naked, buck, and sin can be very light but trust me you can really build it up a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this Naked Palette a long time ago but I love it so much...so I thought I would add a review. I use this palette at least 3 times a week. I love brown earth tone-like shades so it's perfect for me. Urban Decay eyeshadows are amazing and this palette is nothing less than that. The pigmentation and quality of the eyeshadows are great. A little goes a long way. I also like the brush that my Naked Palette came with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jennah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colours are easy to use day-to-day, easy to blend and highly pigmented. The only drawback is the price, which when you consider the price of each individual eye shadow works out to be quite reasonable.
Overall, well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kkbabygirl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best eye shadow palette ever!!!! I am not usually a fan of neutrals, but since I got into my mid 20's, I decided it was a good move to shift away from brighter colors, and wear neutrals. I love every color in this palette. The pigments are awesome. The shadow goes on very smooth. I also like that the colors that had glitter in them did not transfer during the day to my face. They all stay in place. I think this palette would look great on any skin tone. The cost is $50.00, but considering you get quite a few different colors, it's really not that bad. The brush that comes with it is very nice, it makes application very easy. The case is cute too, kind of a suede material. I use this palette every day, and I have absolutely not one bad thing to say about it. I will definitely buy this again once it runs out, and I recommend it to my girlfriends. I'm even buying it for one of my friends as a Christmas present. I am pretty confident in saying that anyone that purchases this will be more than pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Jflo426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I have fair skin with pink undertones and I like cool tones. It is a neutral palette that I believe is flattering on many skintones. There is a combination of matte and shimmery colors. Overall, I think it's gorgeous and I think many looks can be achieved with this look. It has long staying power on me. It is pricey at $55 when I got it last year, but I do believe we pay for quality. I am not disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to write this review because there's nothing I can tell you that hasn't already been written below, but considering that the Naked Palette is back into my heavy rotation, sure, I'll join the rest of the sheep and rave about its awesomeness and rant about a couple of the minor pitfalls.

I was fortunate enough to swap for the original version of this palette - with the Zero and Whiskey double-ended Glide-On Pencils, which was awesome because I hadn't had the chance to test those out. As far as the Glide-On Pencils go, they're quite excellent - very creamy and rather saturated deep colors. I'm not sure they last as long as gel liners, per se, but they're definitely better than most supposedly "long-lasting" eye pencils. I'm glad I received the eye pencils instead of the brush. However, I didn't receive the mini Primer Potion, but it's been my holy grail in the past -haven't tried it since they finally transitioned packaging into the squeeze tubes (that should have been a "no duh!" to begin with!).

The palette I received seemed fairly well-loved, the gold "NAKED" emblazoned across the front is starting to wear off. Nonetheless the sturdy cardboard packaging has retained its structure and case properly opens and closes securely due to an embedded magnet. The velvety material that covers the palette isn't my favorite - it tends to attract dust, but I guess on the plus side, it is resistant to scratches. Also, the mirror instead could stand to be slightly larger, but it's not terribly tiny.

So the eyeshadows themselves - freaking phenomenal quality. Urban Decay tends to formulate some of the smoothest and most pigmented eyeshadows available. Some of the eyeshadows are almost creamy to apply thus very easy to blend, I assume there's some top notch emollients incorporated into the ingredients. I think the range of depth in this palette is also quite excellent, as it enables you to create a whole spectrum of natural to dramatic looks and of course, as aforementioned you can always dip your brush into two or three colors to tweak a particular neutral shade depending on your make-up needs! Standout shades for me include Virgin - slightly cool satiny champagne, which is great for inner corners and browbones, but might look garish on darker skin tones, Toasted - high sheen bronzed chocolate shade, and Hustle - reminds of of MAC's Smut but not as deep. However, I'm not the biggest fan of Sidecar, which has noticeable silver flecks in it. The fallout isn't as severe as some of Urban Decay's other glitter shades, but it's such a gorgeous taupe tinged light brown - why the glitter?! And although I appreciate the presence of two mattes - Naked and Buck, I kind of wish there had been a couple more mattes. Yeah yeah, I know most people love shimmery shades way more, I did too, until I hit thirty - le sigh! The longevity is these eyeshadows is quite good, but be sure to use an eyeshadow base and I personally like to add a setting spray as well.

Is this palette life-changing? Maybe, if you happen to lack a great deal of neutrals eyeshadows, I would absolutely encourage you picking up this palette. Furthermore, if you happen to have a warm skin tone - I'm pretty sure you would love this palette. But as you would suspect, there's nothing especially unique about this palette, especially since other brands have jumped on the bandwagon and offer their own renditions of nude and naked palettes (theBalm's Nude'tude is quite excellent - I keep purchasing it and then giving it away because I just can't justify having so many dang neutrals) and Urban Decay has also released a Naked 2 (have it, haven't used it yet - saving that for a rainy, gloomy day, seems to lack mid-tone shades I prefer), Naked Basics (LOVE this palette), and Naked 3 is about to be released (it seems geared towards farer skins, with pink neutral tones). I ran across a blogger's comparison of the price per ounce for this palette and it ends up being quite a great deal, so even if you're on the border about whether to procure this palette - you probably should.

I'm going to go ahead and five-star it as I did heavily use this palette in the past and I've been recently reaching for it again, but I would not purchase it again because I think LORAC or Smashbox neutral palettes' inclusion of mattes would personally appeal more to me.

And hey bonus points, Urban Decay doesn't animal test.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this palette. The eyeshadows are pigmented and go on smoothly. I would probably purchase the Naked 2 palette next time as it has more mattes in it. In this palette there are only two which is annoying because I only use a few of them regularly (sin, naked, buck, smog).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After having this palette for a year, I feel like I can speak to this in a fairly.. fair manner now. Now that my mind is not just on a "OMGAH THIS IS SO PRETTY" and is on the actual use I am getting out of it.

It's okay. It's an okay palette. Great for beginners, great if you're a neutral lover, great if you love shimmery looks. I have now taken quite a liking for matte looks and I now find myself not reaching for this as often. In fact, there are only a few shades in here that I use frequently: Naked, smog, sin and dark horse. I sometimes use half baked and hustle. i have better blacks than creep. Gunmetal gets no use. I got over Virgin. Sidecar is just a mess. Buck is just ashy and grey on me.

I must admit, at first, I really loved and adored this palette - however I don't reach for it as often as I did/should. Maybe it's something about the shimmer/satiny texture to these that I just don't lean towards right now.

Not saying it's not a great buy, it's just that, it's alright. They are the perfect neutrals, but... okay. It's okay. I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is $60 in Canada and $50 in the states, I believe.
This palette contains mostly warm-toned shadows.
Pros:
-really good value, all the shadows are full sized!
-great palette if you're starting out
-these eyeshadows can create a ton of different looks
-amazing pigmentation
-comes with mini primer potion and a brush
Cons:
-only two matte colors :(
-a lot of money to spend at once (but worth it)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

I gave into the hype and decided to buy this palette two years later. The colors looked very nice and I really wanted it even if it was $60cnd. Now that I own it I barely reach for the palette, don't get me wrong but the palette could be useful if that's the only palette you have as it could be used on a everyday basis. The colors are very earth toned and wearable but no matter what primer I use the shadows creases on me. If you are new into makeup I really recommend this palette even if is expensive.