Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I FINALLY bought this palette. I was in desperate need of eye shadow. I normally use MAC but they are expensive to buy when you need more than one at a time. I was torn between Naked 1 and 2. They are both beautiful. I loved the packaging better on 2. I decided to get Naked 1 because of the warm colors, plus the Sephora sales girl said it would bring out my hazel eyes. Major bonus! I cannot rave enough about ALL the shades. I use them all and just adore them. there is a little bit of fallout with each color but the shades are so pretty and pigmented that I don't care as much. It's worth it and would totally buy this palette again! I have a feeling it will last a long time. When considering price, you get so many colors for $50...it really did save me money in the long run! I love Urban Decay eye shadows now. they are just as pigmented as MAC and go on velvety! I love them. Also, I love that I can change up my eyes daily and can also use it for a smokey sexy eye. I DO NOT like the velvet on the packaging but oh well, they did switch it up for 2 and 3.

on 1/12/2014 10:03:00 PM

BEST. EYESHADOW. HG. I've had this for a year now and I've used it every day. Best color combinations. highly pigmented. Comes with the best eye shadow brush. Literally my best make up investment ever. and I realize there are already so many reviews on this that probably say the exact same thing, but I love it so much I thought I would give it one more good review.

on 1/10/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette! Urban Decay eyeshadows are some of the best IMO. They are so smooth, and buttery. They are really pigmented, don't have much fall out, and these palettes are a really good value. My favorite shades in it are the two mattes Buck and Naked, but also Virgin, Sin, Toasted and Darkhorse. I also have been using Naked for contouring my nose, it's a really good contour color for fair skin. I like that it comes with a mirror, brush and small PP. The brush is synthetic, so I don't personally use it for shadows, I use it to apply PP, or concealer. The PP is pretty small, but I like it. Overall, this is a really good palette, and I'm glad I finally got it.

on 1/10/2014 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This palette is extremely versatile. I use this for both everyday, and smoky looks. The color payoff is great, and I love the primer potion that is included! These eyeshadows are amazing; this palette is a classic. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a palette that they will get a lot of use out of.

on 1/8/2014 5:15:00 PM

I love this palette. I have a lot of eyeshadows, but I go back to this often. It is just so flattering...I'm not sure how they do it. I have other similar colors, but they're just not as flattering as these. I think maybe it has to do with the amount of shimmer in the product- just enough without being too much (to me, though people who prefer matte colors will definitely not enjoy this palette).
The colors are very pigmented, but be sure to tap your brush before applying to avoid fall out. The best thing about this is that it's fool proof- any colors can be used with any other colors, so it takes all the guess work out of choosing what shades to wear. I love the matte colors for my crease or to blend out darker colors.
My only complaint would be that I'd like another matte color or two, but I like shimmers, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

on 1/8/2014 4:47:00 PM

I looooove UD eyeshadows - so far as I have found, they have the #1 formula for pigmentation, smooth application, and blendability. Their colors are sometimes too wild for me (yes, I'm too chickensh*t) but their neutrals make me very happy. This palette has some dupe-able colors, yeah, HOWEVER - you will NOT find the same quality with a drugstore brand of a similar shade. The colors work well with my skin tone (fair, pink undertones w/ freckles) and my eyes (a medium-ish shade of blue). TIPS: the colors Naked and Buck work together great for a very natural, matte look. If you're feeling more adventurous, Half-Baked is pretty with blue eyes. Warning: Sidecar is a gorgeous color but has a lot of glitter fallout. Try applying with a damp brush or even a damp fingertip for better results.

on 1/7/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have had this palette for over a year and really enjoy using it. It has beautiful colors for either a natural or dramatic look. The quality of the shadows are superb-buttery soft with no fallout. I'm a NC40 and love the two matte shades (Naked & Buck) for a soft, natural look. i love using the darker shades (Darkhorse & Creep) as liners. This palette is great for traveling-so many options for eye looks. I'm not a big fan of the eye shadow brush that came with my palette and do not use it. I prefer this palette over the Naked 2 & 3-#2 is too frosty/ashy and #3 is too warm/rosy for my skin tone.

on 1/5/2014 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i give this product 5 stars, as i have dark brown eyes i felt this palette suited me best compared to naked 2 or 3 as lighter mattes and shimmers look chalky on my eyes if i don't use them properly. The formula of all the shadows is smooth and transfers on your lid with lots of pigment. thankfully the only light ones in this are virgin and sin which i use a tiny bit of for a highlight or for inner corners. i love that there are mostly warm brown shades that suit my skin tone and eyes best as my nationality is indian. I don't use the super dark colours such as creep or the cool toned gunmetal, but they're there if i need them for deepening eye looks for dance performances or special occasions! i don't use more than 2 colors on my eye with this palette because unfortunately more than 2 colours together look overwhelming but i use 1 or 2 shadows together for my everyday school makeup! The packaging is ok, it gets dusty on the velvety surface and doesn't look as sleek as the naked 2 or 3 but is fine considering that the shadows are amazing! Im so happy i got this palette, i saved my money for the longest time and i definitely think my 60 dollars was worth it, as i don't use eyeshadow every single day and don't do colourful looks but i do like a variety of neutral colours that suit me best and this is probably the only eyeshadow that i will ever need for a very long time! Definetly worth it if you're considering this palette!

on 1/4/2014 5:03:00 PM

Bought for my Mom who has hooded eyelids-this works perfectly. She hadn't worn eyeshadow for years. New techniques and this have transformed her. All UD eyeshadows are really good. I use the naked 2.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely a great palette that lives up to the reviews and there are so many different looks you can try with it! Purchased it about 2 years ago and still using it to this day for natural and smokey eyes. One thing I would say is the shadows don't last as long as I'd hoped and by the end of the day my shadow has moved or disappeared a lot more than with other shadows I have used in the past. However, I will continue to use this palette as it has a great selection of colours that can be used for a variety of looks and I love the packaging. Very nicely set out and the magnetic lid stops it from opening out when in a bag etc.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
PRO Palette
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804