Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5; Inactive: Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

I have bought this product several times because i have acne-prone and fair skin. It covers very well until later on in the day. It gets cakey, oily, flaky, it rubs off, and goes orange. I would recommend this product if you were to only wear it for a little time. On the positive side; it helps break outs and doesn't cause your acne to get worse. Looks good and fresh until later on in the day (as I said earlier). Thank you and I hope this has helped.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Just putting up this review to help someone out. 1sr REVIEW I'm doing. Always looked on here for makeup review but never gave reviews. Anyways, this makeup has pretty good coverage but like others have stated, it can get cakey and orange after a while. I thought what I got was too dark so what do i do? Buy a lighter and mix them. Not that big of a difference. In first applying it pretty matte but does get oily after a while and primer? forget it, because it gets super cakey when applying it with primer but then alone after hours later your like why is this getting oily. In pictures the darker foundation came up as if it has spf. IDK but DONT WASTE YOUR $. Oh and just to have an idea of my skin-type im african american with a med yellow skin-tone [get mistakes for being 1/2 black and white] with oily sensitive skin. Hope this helps

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking it would help with my acne but it doesn't. I really wanted to like this product! Unfortunately, it just makes me break out all over my chin and cheeks. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I just finished my second tube of this product. I have oily/acne prone skin and this foundation hasnt broken me out. I am NC50 in MAC SFF and I am fresh amber in this line. It is a tad too red for me but I fix that using the Banana visage powder. I am extremely oily (think oil slink within 1 hr); this does control oil but not all day for me but that is understandable. The coverage is very good- medium/heavy and I like the consistency (creamy). The finish is matte (which I love) and is easily blendeable.
Update: I am on my third tube of this one. Of the foundations I have: MAC SFF, clinique even better makeup, clinique matte liquid, MAC Matchmaster, Iman stick foundation, Meouw mineral foundation, MAC Studio fix powder- this is the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow, it sounds like some ladies want to wear a mask! Coverage too sheer? I hardly think so! This coverage is in my opinion heavy. I guess really it's moderate, but I'm not used to wearing foundation. I originally bought this yesterday to use only on the jawline and sides of face to cover acne scarring, but so much came out of the bottle that I decided not to waste it, and applied it to my whole face. I don't like that. But I think it will be wonderful for just covering the acne marks. The color is a perfect match (fresh ivory).

3/6/2012 - I no longer use this. I actually only used it a few times before I decided it looks cakey, and it's hard to apply the right amount. Hard to blend, so I end up using too much. Plus I don't like the idea of wearing a bunch of chemicals on my face.

Ok I have oily skin and am hispanic. After a couple hours this foundation kinda drys out and looks cakey. Their colors are also bad so it gives me an orangey look after awhile...I think They use a pink undertone which is why its orange looking (they should use yellow). Anywho i keep giving Clinique a chance because i'm acne prone and heard this is good-_- well its not..it didnt do a thing for my blemishes and neither did the acne solutions concealer=( so its disapointing...I dont recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE: I dont like this anymore. This is defenetively making me break out, and that is UNNACEPTABLE since this is a makeup for acne sufferers. It cloggs all the pores in my face at the same time giving my face a weird bumpy texture :( :( too bad because it covers very nicely (solid medium coverage).

I wanted to love this, but alas it made me break out like you wouldn't believe on my chin and around my mouth. So much an acne solution, more like an acne problem!! I also used fresh neutral and it wasn't the right match for me - too pink for my olive-ish skin and made me look a little gray in the end. In addition, this made my skin feel so oily by mid-day and not even blotting papers could help! In fact, even tonight after I've washed my face, its starting to feel oily again. I think perhaps it somehow messed with my skin chemistry - like the salicylic acid dried me out and my skin is now overcompensating?? One thing that I did like though is that it has great staying power. I switched from bare minerals because that would last no longer than 2 hrs on my skin and the acne solutions does last all day. I'll try superbalanced next.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to liquid foundation. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but I do wear this about 2-3 times per week, and any time I want to look a little more polished.

I like this foundation because it has the salicylic acid in it, and it doesn't make me break out. It has medium coverage, and lasts a long time when set with powder.

I have tried other tinted moisturizers and foundations, and they either make me break out, or feel heavy or greasy on my face.

I am overall very happy with this foundation.

My skin started breaking out recently due to seasonal changes and stress from school. I thought that my usual concealer may have been agitating my skin so I thought I would try something new. I bought this on the recommendation of my sister, and for the first few days I thought it was clearing up skin. However I feel that it is to harsh to be used daily. Even though my skin is more on the oily side, it dried my face up and made it look very red. I even started experiencing very bad tightness and itching on my face because of it. I also found it to look very cakey and I think it may have made my skin worse. I am going to go back to using my old foundation and hopefully my skin will clear up!