April 18, 2014 | 1119 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE this stuff! I have oily skin and I've been searching for years for a product that will stay on my face longer than 4 hours. I've tried all kinds of powders and primers and foundations and nothing worked... Untill I tried this! I DO NOT have acne but I get the occasional pimple.. Not anymore :) this stuff cleared the 2 that I had and I have not gotten anymore since I've started using this product but that's not all. This foundation stays on my face at least for 10 hours. I put it on at 9:30am and was outside in the heat sweating a little, went to work at 5 and when I got home at 10:30 it was still there! I did look a little shiny but I can live with that and a little powder made me look like I did in the morning. I will rebuy this untill its discontinued or I no longer have oily skin. Its amazing. You do need to set it with a powder though and I use a primer underneath it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mdelro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was desperate to find a foundation to cover up my acne and acne scars left behind by mineral makeup. Since Clinique Acne Solutions was a decent price, I decided to give it a try. While it's not the best foundation, it's not the worst either. It's just so depressingly average. It didn't make my acne worse, but it didn't exactly help it either. The color didn't match my skin exactly, but after a while it would oxidize and the match would get better. The best thing about this is the amount of product you get for the price. I bought mine for about $22. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by gracielasmommie

I wanted something that would not break me out, I have SUPER-SUPER sensitive skin and a break out is the last thing i need from a foundation. This foundation was the answer to all that I was looking for. It has buildable coverage, doesn't break me out, there shades match my skin tone and it give me more of a matte finish which is always good since I can get very oilly. I apply it with clean fingers and buff it in with my mac 187 brush for a smooth and even finish. My first bottle out this stuff lasted me about 6-7 months which isn't bad for the price (around 20-25 i believe). The only down side to this product is i wish it came in a pump form instead of the squeezable bottle. I hope they don't discontinue this stuff i'd hate to have to try and find a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cleverk

This is my favorite liquid foundation (so far). Great for my oily skin, does not make me break out, and natural-looking coverage. It costs a bit more than most drugstore foundations, but I have had mine since March (almost 4 months) and have been wearing it 5-6 days/week...it doesn't feel like it's running out yet. Clinique doesn't have the best color selection most of the time, so many people may be out of luck if there is not a suitable match for them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by theslyhorse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this foundation for quite some time and have found it to be quite average for me...nothing fantastic but it has worked better than other foundations on my oily skin. The packaging looks like it contains little product but I have been using my first bottle for quite some time. Color variation is not that great, but I suggest you go for one shade down if you have oily skin....by the end of the day it seems like the oil on your skin has somehow darkened the foundation leaving me looking orange if I put on too much. This product doesn't break me out and it makes me feel better that it has SA as compared to other foundations i've used. It does take some time to get the hang of blending it, but eventually you can work it into looking quite natural.

Overall, it is an average foundation....just nothing special for me but but I will repurchase when I run out. It is a good staple to have around if you deal with frequent breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dancar3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using mineral makeup for a few years after haven given up on liquid foundation. I could never find one that looked natural, didn't break me out or the piggybank, but most of all would diminish my pores. Well, now I've found this and love it! I got a few samples of different colors and played around with the application. I tried brushing, stippling, using the sponge, and fingertips, with not achieving the results I was after....natural but with decent coverage and especially not showing off my pores. Well, I did try the fingertip application again but in a different way. Before, I used to kinda smooth it on, but now I quickly and very lightly dab it on. I apply a very small amount (enough to do a very small area) and very lightly and quickly dab dab dab. I doesn't sink in but it covers very well and looks great. I also do this after applying a moisturizer.......this made it not look dry or cakey on my face even though my face is oily. I use hazelnut oil and 2 drops of water, mix the 2 together and apply it all over my face. This oil is great for people w/ acne prone oily skin. I wait 10 minutes and then apply the foundation. I also use Coty Airspun powder and lightly brush it on the top (another Makeup Alley find). Btw, it has not broken me out, in fact it looks like it might be helping w/ my adult acne, smooths over any lines, and it stays on all day....even after my exercise classes. I'm so glad I found my HG in my foundation and setting powder!

**editing to say that I apply this 1 minute (not 10 minutes anymore)after applying my moisturizer...I have found, at least for me, that this makes more of a flawless finish w/o that cakey look. For my skin, I apply several drops of water all over my face and on my hand. I then apply 1 drop of hazelnut oil, rub fingertips into and apply. This is a foundation that can make your face look dry if not moisturizing properly.**

**I can't believe it but after 2 years I am still using this foundation.......I haven't found anything else that comes close to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by pattyjanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation that DOES not break out my sensitive acne prone skin. In addition it actually helps keep break outs away. The foundation has fairly good coverage as well. The only drawbacks are the colors and the smell. If you can find one that matches your skin I'd give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Jyklove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been the only liquid foundation that does not break out my skin. However after a couple of hours, my face does tend to get very oily. And although the packaging makes it look like there is not much product, it lasts for a pretty long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by fizzyskittlez

I paid $45 dollars for this foundation, it's got great coverage and 2% SA. HOWEVER, it's expensive and broke me out very often, which was quite a contradiction considering its supposed to help heal your acne. AND, it was thick, the bottle was a weird plastic. It also ran out very quickly, because gosh knows if you tried to get it onto your makeup sponge, it'll just create a waterfall of makeup! It was a total waste!
While the coverage, 2% SA, non-drying foundation is a bonus, everything else about it sucked and I was really disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This did not work for me, I broke out more - just about the worse I've ever been. I don't know if I have menopause acne or just not responding well to the Clinique foundations. I really wanted this one to work. I liked the color match, coverage was med, but could have been a bit better, went on smooth but it tended to make my skin flake & look a little dry but still felt ok. Helped a bit with oil control but the break outs was getting worse every time I wore it.
History - I was using Clinique's redness solutions make-up since last November but now that it is May & in the 90's here in Fl it is just not working out, Too oily & making me break out a bit, hence my thought - hey I should try the acne one - bad plan - bam twice as bad! I also tried Almay’s Clear Complexion - same issue more break outs.
I have just tried a base of Avon's MagiX Cashmere Liquid Foundation (dryer powdery) in Med Beige and Neutrogena Acne Clearing foundation in a (lighter Beige color) over - so far my skin has been a lot better. Almay’s colors were better for me - less pink. I had to get a bit darker color in Neutrogena for the right tone. The light-med colors run a bit pink for me.
I have been using MagiX Cashmere & Neutrogena Acne clearing foundation for a few days now and so far its been ok. I still have an acne issue going on but way less now.