Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 10/22/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have found my HG foundation and I am soo happy! I've always used pressed powder or powder foundation (usually Maybelline Pure Stay). I realized my skin isn't as great as it has been in the past and I probably should start wearing a liquid foundation. I have tried a few (popular DS brands only) ex.Revelon Colorstay and I hated every one I tried. I figured I wold turn to Clinique since I have liked their products in the past. I used to use their pressed powder years ago and I loved it. There stuff is pretty reasonably priced, I payed $24 for this foundation and I think it will last me a long time. I like how the packaging squeezes out so you don't waste a ton of product. It really makes my skin look amazing and has great staying power. It covers up any zit or flaw on my face, leaving it looking smooth and pretty. Another reason I love it is it doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus! If you are looking for your HG foundation, then you should really give this a try!

on 10/22/2011 12:34:00 PM

So i bought this product and & acne solutions moisturizer last week. I think Clinique is reasonably priced compared to some of the other counters and advertise that most of there makeup is mild and does not hurt your skin. I will say i gave up on Clinique when i was in my late teens. i felt the makeup was for young girls just starting out or older ladies. So i have been going to mainly MAC and other places the last few years and am so sick of there makeup breaking me out, the containers breaking and the most horrible foundations you can find (i never found a mac foundation that worked and its not from lack of trying) i think i fell into the hype. . Anyway i mentioned i had some breakouts and i like light foundations. The MA tried a couple colors until we settled on 04 FRESH VANILLA. She used one dab to cover my cheeks and it seemed to completely blend right in. I could not tell there was foundation on my skin. I have some dry patches and get a bit oily in my tzone throughout the day. i was worried it would catch my dry areas and it has not since i bought it. Wearing it last week i have noticed it gets me through entire day. and my skin complexion is even and more clear I can not verify if my skin has cleared up from this, the moisturizer, both or neither. I was so impressed that i went back to Clinique this morning to buy the acne sol. foaming cleanser and the clarifying lotion. I am going to continue to buy this foundation when i run out. I love the squeeze bottle because it keeps everything clean and sanitary. You have to be gentle with the bottle so that you do not waste the product. I think the coverage is unexpectedly great for how lightweight the makeup feels. I paid $24 and only use a little bit at a time so i am thinking this bottle will last a while. I think i have found my new HG! i took off one lippie because it drys soooo fast! I feel like its a competition to blend the makeup before it drys but if you do you win... haha funny...hope this helps and i will review the rest of the line once i have used it for a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

being completely sick of drug store foundations, and being broken out in huge red cysts from a recent Revlon purchase, i decided to wander over to the Clinique counter in Macy's after reading reviews on here.
i have never loved the way my skin looks in foundation this much before! one layer gives good coverage, though i think more than that would be cakey. i put my own powder over this when i'm done applying, and my skin looks fresh and naturally dewey all day long! and it lasts all day long too!
it is pretty expensive for me...but i'd rather spend the money on my new HG than spend the money doing trial and error's on the crap the drug store brands sell. everyone seems to hate the squeeze bottle...but i actually don't mind it. i just wish the bottle was way bigger for the money i spending on it. the clinque lady used a tiny little dot for my whole face, but for some reason i'm needing to use more than that. i'm not sure how long it's going to last me, but i hope it lasts a while before i need to buy more.

EDIT: I have moved on from this foundation as well. :/ In the end, it started drying out my skin, and started become really flaky...which I guess I should have expected from an acne treating foundation. It also oxidized quickly on my skin, turning it pink/orange and making it look horrible, especially in sunlight...even though the girl at the Clinique counter matched it to my skin. I have a good amount left in my bottle, which is just sitting here unused. Will not be repurchasing this.

on 10/19/2011 10:08:00 PM

I tried this with high hopes, thinking since it is made for acne, it should be good. It looks good at first, but it has no lasting power for my oily skin, not enough coverage, and did not help acne in any way. It may be good for others who do not need the full coverage, or with milder cases of acne.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I cannot recommend this product enough - it is a life-saver. It has great, long-lasting and matt coverage (no matter how bad my break out is). I used to avoid going out when I had a break out because I couldn't cover it and hated the thought of aggrevating the situation by clogging my skin with makeup. Now I have the confidence to go out no matter what I'm dealing with skinwise and love that this product is treating my skin. I've been using this makeup for about a year and in that time my skin has improved. It may be down to this product - I can't say. When I don't need full coverage, I take a small amount of product on a brush and dot it on as a concealer - works beautifully! I wish it had SPF, but it has everything else so I'm not complaining.

on 10/15/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My HG Foundation!
Just bought this last week and I found my foundation fix.
This is just amazing! Medium-full coverage with a lightweight feel and texture.
Great for oily-combo girls.
Stays in place all day and controls my oil.
It helps conceal redness and acne on the face while treating them!
I use this without any concealer and it covers everything!
Definitely repurchase! 5 LIPPES WIN :)

on 9/30/2011 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I will admit to it...I am a foundation addict. I have so many my husband is questioning my sanity. However, I had heard some good things about this foundation and thought I would give it a try. I tried 2 sample from sephora to ensure I had the right color ( which is always my biggest problem) and I love it ! Its great ! I got it in Fresh Alabaster the lightest shade and its a pretty perfect match. Unfortunetly if you are paler than I you are out of luck but otherwise I love it !

on 9/29/2011 1:32:00 PM

This is the ONLY product that doesn't break me out. My skin is very sensitive and I am very lucky that I finally found a safe product. Good coverage, good matching, no break outs and no perfume. Simple and highly recommended.

Edit:

Just purchased my second bottle. I couldn't risk myself to try anything new or different. Why change the product that works so well for me?

This is a light and watery formula and it is quite build-able. However I prefer using it very lightly with my Ecotools kabuki brush. It evens out my skin-tone and hides all the redness or discolorations. I use it after applying my concealer. After reading some comments about oxidization during the day, I was surprised. I never have that problem. I am happy with my foundation!

I love this foundation!! I wear the color 02 Fresh Ivory and it matches my skin perfectly. I wouldn't say it clears my acne but it definitely covers it well. It is also great at covering any redness I have on my skin in general. It's a little pricey but it's definitely worth it because it lasts forever (even wearing it every day)! I just apply it with my fingers and it goes on nice and smoothly. I can understand how some people say it's a little drying, but it's really not that bad, and your skin gets used to it pretty fast. It makes my skin look natural and smooth. And I really love the packaging - it's just so convenient and easy. Overall, great product - I definitely recommend it!

on 9/21/2011 11:37:00 AM

I got this in fresh alabaster is which to my suprise was a perfect match, I can't say it cleared any present acne but it hast caused any acne or irritation. It has amazing oil control and a def semi matte look, but be sure you moisture well it can feel dry and accentuate dry skin, overall I was very pleased