Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 11/18/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE: I dont like this anymore. This is defenetively making me break out, and that is UNNACEPTABLE since this is a makeup for acne sufferers. It cloggs all the pores in my face at the same time giving my face a weird bumpy texture :( :( too bad because it covers very nicely (solid medium coverage).

on 11/16/2011 9:40:00 PM

I wanted to love this, but alas it made me break out like you wouldn't believe on my chin and around my mouth. So much an acne solution, more like an acne problem!! I also used fresh neutral and it wasn't the right match for me - too pink for my olive-ish skin and made me look a little gray in the end. In addition, this made my skin feel so oily by mid-day and not even blotting papers could help! In fact, even tonight after I've washed my face, its starting to feel oily again. I think perhaps it somehow messed with my skin chemistry - like the salicylic acid dried me out and my skin is now overcompensating?? One thing that I did like though is that it has great staying power. I switched from bare minerals because that would last no longer than 2 hrs on my skin and the acne solutions does last all day. I'll try superbalanced next.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to liquid foundation. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but I do wear this about 2-3 times per week, and any time I want to look a little more polished.

I like this foundation because it has the salicylic acid in it, and it doesn't make me break out. It has medium coverage, and lasts a long time when set with powder.

I have tried other tinted moisturizers and foundations, and they either make me break out, or feel heavy or greasy on my face.

I am overall very happy with this foundation.

on 10/26/2011 8:04:00 PM

My skin started breaking out recently due to seasonal changes and stress from school. I thought that my usual concealer may have been agitating my skin so I thought I would try something new. I bought this on the recommendation of my sister, and for the first few days I thought it was clearing up skin. However I feel that it is to harsh to be used daily. Even though my skin is more on the oily side, it dried my face up and made it look very red. I even started experiencing very bad tightness and itching on my face because of it. I also found it to look very cakey and I think it may have made my skin worse. I am going to go back to using my old foundation and hopefully my skin will clear up!

on 10/25/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I had purchased this foundation at Sephora a couple of months ago, and I think it is really great! I use the shade called fresh vanilla. When the girl put it on me at the store so I could see how it looked, my skin looked amazing! She used a stippling brush for more coverage in the areas I have acne scars. At home I just use my fingers or a regular foundation brush to apply it, and it still looks great. I do think it has helped my breakouts, because it has salicylic acid in the foundation. For a foundation that helps with acne I didn't think it would look so great, but it does. It gives me a flawless face, it covers most acne, and most of my acne scars. You should use powder to set it if you have oily skin. It lasts a while. I put the foundation on around 6:30 a.m, and it lasts all day mostly! It always feels fresh and light like there is nothing there! For people with really, really dark acne scars you might want to get fuller coverage foundation, but it works on my scars. It was about $30, and I don't think it is a bad price for the quality and the amount that you get. It will last you a very long time, because I use a decent amount each day, and I got mine a couple of months ago, and there is still plenty left. The box it comes in is nice, and it is easy to squirt out of the tube. My fade always feels soft and fresh. IMy skin is more on the oily side in summer/ fall, but in the winter it gets really dry patches sometimes, but I think it will be alright! Overall it is a good foundation, and I would buy it again!

on 10/22/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have found my HG foundation and I am soo happy! I've always used pressed powder or powder foundation (usually Maybelline Pure Stay). I realized my skin isn't as great as it has been in the past and I probably should start wearing a liquid foundation. I have tried a few (popular DS brands only) ex.Revelon Colorstay and I hated every one I tried. I figured I wold turn to Clinique since I have liked their products in the past. I used to use their pressed powder years ago and I loved it. There stuff is pretty reasonably priced, I payed $24 for this foundation and I think it will last me a long time. I like how the packaging squeezes out so you don't waste a ton of product. It really makes my skin look amazing and has great staying power. It covers up any zit or flaw on my face, leaving it looking smooth and pretty. Another reason I love it is it doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus! If you are looking for your HG foundation, then you should really give this a try!

on 10/22/2011 12:34:00 PM

So i bought this product and & acne solutions moisturizer last week. I think Clinique is reasonably priced compared to some of the other counters and advertise that most of there makeup is mild and does not hurt your skin. I will say i gave up on Clinique when i was in my late teens. i felt the makeup was for young girls just starting out or older ladies. So i have been going to mainly MAC and other places the last few years and am so sick of there makeup breaking me out, the containers breaking and the most horrible foundations you can find (i never found a mac foundation that worked and its not from lack of trying) i think i fell into the hype. . Anyway i mentioned i had some breakouts and i like light foundations. The MA tried a couple colors until we settled on 04 FRESH VANILLA. She used one dab to cover my cheeks and it seemed to completely blend right in. I could not tell there was foundation on my skin. I have some dry patches and get a bit oily in my tzone throughout the day. i was worried it would catch my dry areas and it has not since i bought it. Wearing it last week i have noticed it gets me through entire day. and my skin complexion is even and more clear I can not verify if my skin has cleared up from this, the moisturizer, both or neither. I was so impressed that i went back to Clinique this morning to buy the acne sol. foaming cleanser and the clarifying lotion. I am going to continue to buy this foundation when i run out. I love the squeeze bottle because it keeps everything clean and sanitary. You have to be gentle with the bottle so that you do not waste the product. I think the coverage is unexpectedly great for how lightweight the makeup feels. I paid $24 and only use a little bit at a time so i am thinking this bottle will last a while. I think i have found my new HG! i took off one lippie because it drys soooo fast! I feel like its a competition to blend the makeup before it drys but if you do you win... haha funny...hope this helps and i will review the rest of the line once i have used it for a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

being completely sick of drug store foundations, and being broken out in huge red cysts from a recent Revlon purchase, i decided to wander over to the Clinique counter in Macy's after reading reviews on here.
i have never loved the way my skin looks in foundation this much before! one layer gives good coverage, though i think more than that would be cakey. i put my own powder over this when i'm done applying, and my skin looks fresh and naturally dewey all day long! and it lasts all day long too!
it is pretty expensive for me...but i'd rather spend the money on my new HG than spend the money doing trial and error's on the crap the drug store brands sell. everyone seems to hate the squeeze bottle...but i actually don't mind it. i just wish the bottle was way bigger for the money i spending on it. the clinque lady used a tiny little dot for my whole face, but for some reason i'm needing to use more than that. i'm not sure how long it's going to last me, but i hope it lasts a while before i need to buy more.

EDIT: I have moved on from this foundation as well. :/ In the end, it started drying out my skin, and started become really flaky...which I guess I should have expected from an acne treating foundation. It also oxidized quickly on my skin, turning it pink/orange and making it look horrible, especially in sunlight...even though the girl at the Clinique counter matched it to my skin. I have a good amount left in my bottle, which is just sitting here unused. Will not be repurchasing this.

on 10/19/2011 10:08:00 PM

I tried this with high hopes, thinking since it is made for acne, it should be good. It looks good at first, but it has no lasting power for my oily skin, not enough coverage, and did not help acne in any way. It may be good for others who do not need the full coverage, or with milder cases of acne.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I cannot recommend this product enough - it is a life-saver. It has great, long-lasting and matt coverage (no matter how bad my break out is). I used to avoid going out when I had a break out because I couldn't cover it and hated the thought of aggrevating the situation by clogging my skin with makeup. Now I have the confidence to go out no matter what I'm dealing with skinwise and love that this product is treating my skin. I've been using this makeup for about a year and in that time my skin has improved. It may be down to this product - I can't say. When I don't need full coverage, I take a small amount of product on a brush and dot it on as a concealer - works beautifully! I wish it had SPF, but it has everything else so I'm not complaining.