December 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After going through countless tubes of drugstore concealer and foundation, I've finally decided to invest in something higher-end for my uneven skin. Before, I was using a pencil conealer from Maybelline, but it was discontinued. Then I started using the Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer in Light, which matched nicely but I had to layer it a ton to fully cover my acne scars (or wear a lot of foundation). I also once bought Hard Candy's Glamoflauge, which covered well, but it had an oily texture so I had to use a ton of powder. Getting the MUFE Full Cover Concealer was one of the best decisions I've made! I bought it in #6, a yellow-toned shade that appeared much too pale for me at first, but after letting it dry, it matched perfectly. I love how it has a matte finish, and that it doesn't budge once it has set. Only the tiniest amount is needed to cover a spot and at most I need two layers, so don't be scared away by the price! And, thanks to Full Cover, I now only need to wear one layer of foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I liked this when I had oily skin and needed something VERY opaque for under the eyes, but now I have dry skin and use it mostly on red areas and hyperpigmentation.
I like this because you get a lot of product for your money, it has pretty good coverage and the colour (5) suits my NC15-20 skin very nicely, works well for the slight hyperpigmentation I get after a blemish. What I don't like about this is that it sets too dry on my already dry skin. The areas on my nose look nice with this on because there's more oil there, but the blemishes I get on my forehead look dry and sometimes even flaky with this on. This doesn't suit a drying blemish because it will flake off and I would also never put this under my eyes again because I don't want to get premature wrinkles.
I have found that I like Kanebos pen-type concealer best for eyes (light coverage) and powder foundation on where I have blemishes - that's what works best for me. I'm not saying this product is bad, but it doesn't really work for me unless I want to cover redness or hyperpigmentation, which I don't really get that often.
You will like this if:
- you want something with pretty good coverage even when applied in small amount
- if you have oilier skin
- if you want this to cover hyperpigmentation (smooth texture - not dry and flaky, but may work for acne scars)
- if you need something with decent lasting power
You will not like this:
- if you need an undereye concealer (unless you have quite oily skin under your eyes)
- if the skin you want to cover has uneven texture (dry, flaky, blemishes that are "watery" - this will slide off)
- if you need it to last the whole day - it's long lasting, but not unbudgable - I actually think MAC's Pro Longwear is better for that, but it's also drier, so if your skin isn't oily, it will look caky
It's MUCH BETTER to apply this with a brush (I prefer angled ones actually, like the brow brush from EcoTools) than fingers if you're applying it to blemishes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by keishanshan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I swtchd my concealer from MAC to MUFE
Both liquid concealer i used but MUFE's one is more long-lasting
this concealer is very fast in drying, so normally i will just take a little squeeze and apply on my dark circle area.. blend it faster and it will give a very great coverage. A lil squeeze takes a long way.
The SA in sephora even told me that this concealer can cover tattoo but I don't have a tattoo so I have no idea whether it really works on tattoo.

BTW, this is so far the best concealer
Pros : not too pricey, long lasting, full coverage, natural
Cons : need to blend it immediately >.<

The concealer I used before
1) MAC prolong wear concealer : medium coverage, cakey
2) MAC ....... Concealer : too liquid-ish, easy to fade off
3) TheFaceShop concealer stick : bad coverage, looks obvious that i was wearing concealer
4) Laneige : medium coverage, doesn't really works

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tangsueling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my HG concealer! i'm an asian with NC30 oily and acne prone skin. so i need a concealer that can cover my blemishes, last through out the day And match my skin tone. Ideally, i should be able to go without foundation after applying this (or just a light dusting of loosepowder). And this concealer has met all my needs. PLUS, it's oil-free and non-comedogenic!

before this i tried-
1) Shu Uemura concealer & stick foundation - not bad coverage n color matched me well. But MUFE's coverage is better. Also i couldnt find anything on the Shu site to say that their products were non-comedogenic.
2) Clinique Even Better concealer & Acne Clearing Solutions concealer-lousy coverage and color couldnt match me.
3) Estee Lauder - same problem as Clinique
4) Laura Mercier - looked cakey and color was a lil too pinky
5) Amazing Cosmetics - similar coverage as MUFE, but color was a lil too pinky n light. Sephora SA also advised that MUFE will suit oily skin better.
6) Physians Formula - seriously, there are only 2 colors! i dont see how anyone can match the colors they offer. the Light yellow was too light,coverage n lasting power not as good as MUFE. also dont like how the concealer comes out with some liquid sometimes.
7) Canmake cover & stretch UV concealer - ok coverage. am using shade 02 which is a bit too peachy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This should be a staple in every makeup collection. Not the best range of colors for me personally, as I'm fair and somewhat neutral. These either have yellow or pink undertones. If this weren't such a great formula, I wouldn't splurge on two of these to combine, but I have. The packaging is fantastic - I'm a huge fan of tubes, especially ones that come to a narrow point at the opening - I find I waste less product this way. The formula itself though is where this really performs like a champ. Aside from being one of the best I've come across at spot coverage, this stuff does not budge. While I have some AMAZING foundations that look flawless when first applied, they're always gone or patchy 16 hours later in the heat/humidity of Miami. One day last week was especially brutal, so I combined one dollop of the Make Up For Ever Full Cover with my BB cream (which usually lasts no longer than 4-5 hours). Lo and behold, this combination still held up at hour 14. This stuff is bulletproof! While I still use this as a fantastic spot concealer, it is now the Holy Grail product I use in conjunction with whatever foundation I'm using that day - be it Vichy Dermablend, Nars Sheer Glow, Chanel Lumiere, Laura Mercier (both the TM and silk creme), my beloved Skin79, and yes, I even combine it with my dense cream foundations. It's crazy, because this product sat in my makeup drawer for the longest time, save for those occasions when I needed maximum spot coverage, and now it's one of the few products I consistently use on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Yeppers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice concealer, stays matte forever, unless you have excessive oily skin. It doesn't have enough range of colors for me. I have to buy two shades and mix them to get the perfect match. Overall, it is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

Fades very quickly on me and emphasizes my pores when I use it alone. It left me feeling very disappointed.

However, it covers really well underneath above Revlon Colorstay foundation. It's also really fantastic because I only need a pinhead to cover my acne.

I suppose I won't be repurchasing because I want to find a concealer that can last long on its own.

Edit: Now I think this stuff is fantastic. I mix it together with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation to improve its staying power and de-emphasize my pores.

FYI: I am NC 25-30 and I use #6. When I get tanned, I mix it with a darker foundation, vice versa. Works like magic now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/honey in Bobbi Brown/ 60 mat velvet MAKEUP FOREVER
Indian Asian oily skin

Excellent staying power, covers everything especially if layered. Must apply moisturizer before using it. I apply a good cream and then wait 2 mins. Just a small squirt of this concealer is enough to layer twice. Bottle is a squeezy one, so sanitary and it did go a long way, several months for me, and i use it daily. Does not crease my under eye area. Bought my second bottle. Im a number 8 in it. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed to upgrade my concealer from Benefit's Boi-ing to something a bit more heavy duty. I swatched myself perfectly at Sephora so I bought it. It covers well and has lasting power. It's not heavy or thick and doesn't crease or cake up. It didn't accentuate any flaws on my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This covers everything and doesn't come off easily at all. I've used every concealer there is and this so far is the best. It works nice for dark circles which I've had since I was little, and it doesn't accentuate lines like most other concealers do.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No