April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So happy I this was reccommended to me by MUA! Wouldn't have tried it otherwise. Usually I don't do drugstore foundations or powders, but this is just as good as HE finishing powders. You can't beat 6 bucks for a ton of product that is this good. I just lightly dust this over the top of my makeup and it really does create a soft focus. I was pleasantly suprised to find my makeup didnt budge and skin less oily after several hours. This also works great for setting lipstick, you can dust on lips before and/ or after lipstick is on place to keep lipstick from bleeding out of lipline. Really happy I saved money here! Definitly try this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

I use this every single day to set my makeup. It comes with a great amount of product, and the bulky packaging can be looked over since I keep it at home. I use the ELF powder brush to stipple it all over and it keeps my face matte all day and minimizes my pores. It's very comparable to the MUFE HD Powder for a fraction of the price. If you have dry skin, I would make sure your face is very well moisturized prior though. My favorite powder ever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product as I'm always looking for a good finishing powder! My skin is super oily and breakout prone, so I need a powder that mattifies without adding cakiness or oil. This product is very light and smooth, I buff it on with a powder brush after my foundation to set makeup. Unfortunately, it tends to highlight my enlarged pores and break me out. :( it is good for mattifying properties, but I just don't like the way this makes my skin look! I feel pasty and uneven when I use it and it does not provide any coverage. Acne-prone gals like myself should avoid this one. I recommend the Milani multitasker powder as a finishing product instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sauvignon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great for absorbing and mattifying my face and setting my foundation.

Also...it's a great dry shampoo for oily hair too, with no white-cast if you buff it out! Try it. Definite love for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product! Definitely finish it off with a setting spray though, or else you will look powdery.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, where do i start lol. I don't know if i really like this product considering I've only used it once. I didn't see any difference or glow to my face when i applied it over my foundation but maybe its because i barley applied any because i feared of looking like a ghost. Well i am returning it because after reading some of the reviews I've seen that its not photo friendly and leaves a ghoulish glow when you take a picture with flash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had my eye on this powder for a while. People told me it was a dupe for MUFE HD powder and i am always looking for cheaper dupes since im on a tight budget. I love how this mattifys my face and gives me a flawless face. I get complements from my friends and they tell me it looks natural. Although i never think face makeup can look complety natural, this does give a great finish and it looks the same throughout the day. It keeps my oily t-zone matte (but nothing has been able go my nose completely). I recommend this for oily skin people. On dry skin, make sure you don't apply if you are flaky and try not to use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Castr8Them

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A month ago I bought E.L.F. S. HIGH DEF POWDER and I love it! I tried the HD powder from MakeUpForEver in sephora and that reminded me of the time I saw that E.L.F. had an HD powder. I researched online and read reviews of E.L.F. and months later, bought the powder. It is just like MUFE's HD powder but only $6 bux compared to $32 bux. After applying my Make Up For Ever HD foundation 178 and concealer, I generously apply ELF's HD powder all over my face, and it sets my make up in place. It works better than my Urban Decay setting spray. Make up won't budge when you use this great powder! It's silky and finely milled. It never crinkles or settles in fine lines. It seriously goes on sheer, and I know because my skin is a milk chocolate tone and it never leaves an ghoolish white caste like other translucent powders. Buy it asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by billie999

Amazing.

I've tried millions of different makeup brands. The one thing I will not be "cheap" on is my makeup for my skin (powder, concealer ,foundation etc). I usually spend a fortune on my powder/foundation, buying only MAC, Lancome or Bare Minerals and other 'high end' brands. I heard about E.L.F and how it was a 6 dollar powder, and in hearing that I wrote it off as "crap". Good makeup would never be that cheap right? WRONG.

This is the BEST powder I have ever used on my face. Ever. Better than MAC, Lancome, all the high end brands. It isn't pigmented so it will blend on to anyones skin tone. It goes on flawlessly, looks professionally done....AND it is only 6 freakin dollars! I kept waiting for the catch but there is none. It is so hard to believe a product so cheap in price could possibly be better than the expensive high end compacts for 5 times the price.

I from now on will never buy another brand of powder for my face other than E.LF. I am stuck on it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oh my gosh no , this is NOT like MUFE HD powder, Ive use MUFE HD powder for years. When you put this on it turnsyour make up lighter and makes white casts. i am NW10 and it still shows as a white cast especially on where would normally have a shadow on my face. For example, this puts white casts on the sides of my nose... in turn making it look bigger and just plain weird. BUT you don't even need to put this over your make up to see the huge flaw in this. If you rub MUFE HD powder on the back of your hand for example, it is just the most finely milled silky heaven feeling ever. lightly rubbing ELF HD powder on the back of your hand causes it to ball up and show up white (which also allows you to see its patchy coverage).

I hardly ever disagrees with MUA majority but i can't even believe that people think this is on par with MUFE HD. I think that if you are looking for an alternative to MUFE HD because of the high price that you should maybe look into Ben Nye. Now i am using Hard Candy Welcome Matte temporarily because it is better than this ELF powder but i plan to try Ben Nye next with higher expectations.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No