July 30, 2014 | 1617 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Oh no x: I had such high hopes D:! When applied, it left my skin feeling so velvety and lovely...and then came the painful breakouts. My skin did not like this guy one bit and completely raged about it for a good week.

Damn my acne prone skin. I can see this product being amazing for everyone else though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Yet another one of my HG products!!
PROS
Leaves skin SO soft
Makes skin look flawless/blurs imperfections
super cheap!
a ton of product comes in the package
smooth finish
unfragranced
extremely fine milled
easy to apply
shine free, semi matte, yet gives a "glow from within" look

CONS
leaves face a little pale
packaging bulky, cheap looking
powder tends to spill out of closed package

My tips for best use:
Blend well/apply a little extra bronzer to counter it from showing up white.
DO NOT throw away the useless little powder puff that comes in the jar, it prevents the powder from sifting up and spilling everywhere. If you throw it away there will be powder all over your dresser, purse, clothes...not good!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by NinaJoy

L-O-V-E this powder

Nothing bad to say about this powder- great for setting foundation, concealer, nixing shine or locking in that smooth matte finish.

Wish the packaging wasn't as bulky. Also, the lid doesn't stay shut well so store somewhere safe or you'll have a mess on your hands. doesn't travel well but for $3 for a whole thing, i shouldn't complain about a thing!

would repurchase. actually considering buying a back up now...fearing people will catch on to how great it is and buy them out immediately!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have three targets in my town, only one sells a huge selection of E.L.F products. I have the MUFE version of this silica powder, so I can do a just comparison. This product was $5.00 on sale. It really does diffuse the look of large pores, does not allow my skin to get shiny throughout the day ( I use if over primer and ELDW) and does not break me out. You get a huge amount of loose powder, the container screws on so no messy spills. It does look slightly white and powdery once applied, but I remedy this by spritizing my face with UD all nighter spray and voila, it melds into my skin.. To the posters that do not recommend E.L.F products all I can say is try it for yourselves, I can see no difference between this and the HE MUFE version.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by next1

Well ok this is a first for me as i usually tend to agree with the majority on mua but sorry cant agree on this on. This product on first try did amaze me because it did create the soft focus almost airbrushed appearance everyone talks about. But after a few more tries i began to notice the main differences between this and the mufe hd powder. This is finely milled but no where near as fine as mufe whicb to me explains why it does not sit on top of skin as the mufe one does, instead this one does eventually settle into dry spots, fine lines and i think the grittier texture of this may also play a part into why on me i will see a white cast to my face if i put a little too much on. And on me ag least if u look very closely u can see the actual little particles of the powder on your skin. Anyway so mufe is still better to me, but this is the best finishing powder like it on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG, HG for sure!! Thanks to all you ladies who wrote reviews - this is awesome and the only powder I have been able to use on my sensative skin in years. Most have mica in them and it is very irritating. This stuff makes your makeup look great and stay that way all day. It may look little dry at first but after a while your skin looks like velvet. I even tried it when I got home in the evening after work on top of my foundation and shiney nose - there was no caking, streaking or anything else - it just looked great. Wonderfull product! I will probably buy a couple more just to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by 1216jennifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I think it works as well as a high end a hd powder. I use it to set my foundation and concealer. It does not leave me looking like a ghost.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by haleigh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the many makeup items I won on a site called Buzznet, and I'm in love with it! It works amazingly, and you can't beat the price like many others have said! I would totally recommend it! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

ugh. After all the nice reviews I wanted to love this. And I did. At first. I put it on after foundation and it cut shine and made my face silky. Didn't really have an issue with a white cast, and it was $3 when I got it.
Then I went to work. It was awful! I looked dead and (I swear) my face is oily, and I had just mosturized and exfoliated the night before and I had tons of tiny dry patches! I felt so insecure the rest of the day. I even tried this different ways with a powder brush and looked at it in different lightings like school and daylight. This stuff is bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So happy I this was reccommended to me by MUA! Wouldn't have tried it otherwise. Usually I don't do drugstore foundations or powders, but this is just as good as HE finishing powders. You can't beat 6 bucks for a ton of product that is this good. I just lightly dust this over the top of my makeup and it really does create a soft focus. I was pleasantly suprised to find my makeup didnt budge and skin less oily after several hours. This also works great for setting lipstick, you can dust on lips before and/ or after lipstick is on place to keep lipstick from bleeding out of lipline. Really happy I saved money here! Definitly try this :)