Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 5/18/2013 7:27:00 PM

broke me out :(

on 4/30/2013 10:47:00 PM

Love and hate at the same time. Ahhh, this saves my skin when my face is irritated! I was in desperate need of a good night cream, and have been wanting to try this for awhile. I did pay $23.99 CDN for it, but since I will pretty much only use this on my face, the price is justified. So my skin has changed now that I'm over that teenage acne phase. My oily- normal combination skin is now slightly oily/dry and sensitive, in terms of eczema like irritations on the tops of my cheeks. This does not cause or aggravate any of my dry or sensitive areas, and does a good job of helping with the dryness overnight. My skin is still a bit acne-prone, and unfortunately this gives me 1-3 pimples on my face. I also expected this to sit on my face for a long time because it contains petroleum, but to my surprise, it absorbs pretty well and I love that because it won't feel uncomfortable on my face. Overall a great buy for dry and sensitive skin, but if you are acne prone, be cautious!

on 4/29/2013 4:50:00 AM

I like this product very much. Dry winter air and a sauna visit had really dried out my skin (I normally have combination skin) and my usual skincare routine just didn't cut it anymore. After reading raving reviews I bought the Cetaphil moisturizing cream at a local drug store. It's packaged in a tube instead of a jar. It spreads out easy, feels soft to the touch and sinks in pretty good. It leaves a bit of greasy feel if you use too much, but if you have dried out skin like I had that's not even a bad thing.
I used the Cetaphil cream plus Lanette cream for three days and nights (at night I also added vaseline on the really dry areas) and my dry skin is cured! As an added bonus it also gave me very soft hands :)
Now my skin is back to normal I find that the Cetaphil cream is a bit too greasy for my T-zone, so I only use it on my cheeks (I first put Lanette cream on my entire face and then add a thin layer of Cetaphil to my cheeks).
A word of caution: it's _very_ important to clean your skin at least once a day with a mild cleanser even if you have dried out skin or you will break out. Not because of the Cetaphil cream but because of all the dead skin cells clogging your pores.

on 4/27/2013 9:01:00 PM

I love this stuff as a body moisturizer and only a body moisturizer. I have dry skin consistently year-round and this moisturizer really gives my skin a glowing appearance. I do not use this on my face because it feels very tight, itchy, and most of all breaks my face out. As a body a moisturizer i really love it and it starts working instantly.

on 4/27/2013 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product was moisturising and felt luxurious but it clogged my pores! Not worth it!

on 4/23/2013 11:29:00 AM

this product is something that i purchased due to rave reviews on you tube. however, after several applications i have discontinued use due to the unnatural and synthetic ingredients. the cream is a beautiful texture and doesnt smell bad at all, but overall, i just cant get over applying chemicals to my face everyday. for that reason, im out !! if you dont want to waste the product, im sure it would make a good foot cream.

on 4/22/2013 12:54:00 PM

I love this stuff for my daily body moisturizer (I've never used it on my face and probably won't since I need to use lotion with SPF). I use it about 2 minutes after I get out of the shower in the morning. It's really nice - my skin is soft and smooth. I love that it's unscented so it doesn't clash with any perfume I'm wearing.I actually really like using products in a tub, and just scoop some out for each body part. I got a 2-for-1 deal at Duane Reade and just finished the first tub. I will absolutely continue to repurchase.

on 4/19/2013 8:20:00 PM

I find it strange that the public prefers this cream to Cetaphil's lotion. I purchased the cream this winter as my skin was extra dry this year, and although like the lotion the cream moisturizes well and feels good, it seems to dry out quicker than the lotion for some reason on my skin, and like all products that are petrolatum-based, if I use it too often, my skin feels a bit crepe-like and loose. I really should have checked the label before purchasing as I assumed because the lotion doesn't contain petrolatum, the cream wouldn't either. I'm giving the product a low 3 as it is the best petrolatum cream I've ever tried by far.

on 4/18/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is great for very dry sensitive skin. It cleared up flakey spots I had on my face. I wouldn't use it every single day though. Only when I need it, and in small amounts. A little goes a long way. I used to use it every day and kind of a lot, and it just built up a film on my face. If you don't use too much, it will make your face really soft.

Really cheap at Walmart, a lot for the price.

Packaging sucks though. I use q-tips to get it out of the jar because I don't want to stick my fingers in it every time and leave small particles in it to build up. Yuck.

***UPDATE*** I only use this when I get really dry and flaky now. Otherwise it leaves a film on my face.

on 4/17/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! I've tried so many for my dry face. I put this moisturizer in a squeezable tube to get the right amount out so I don't put to much on and make my face greasy. I use to be so embarrassed of my dry skin especially after putting makeup on but not anymore.

Popular Moisturizers