August 27, 2014 | 915 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BS5688

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin, and this was the first product that has kept my skin(face and body) moisturized throughout the whole day. I worked at numerous cosmetic counters in Macy's and am knowledgeable about the skin care products for many brands. However, I decided to try the Cetaphil cream because someone suggested it to me. I was satisfied with the results and improvement of my skin within one day. I use it on my face and body at night before I go to bed and my skin stays hydrated. I have used it for about a week and my skin has completely changed. However, the only down side is that the one I have is in a tube and I would rather have a pump or a squeeze tube. This product is definitely affordable and does a better job than expensive creams from higher end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bru33

this is such a good lotion fo anything! I use it on my legs after i shave it makes it so smooth and ingrown hairs disappear like that! really reccommend you try this. I buy mine at costco it is cheaper there and sometimes has coupons....good luck!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Wonderful product. I mostly use it on my feet, elbows, knees, and hands. I love that it's not scented, so it won't clash with perfume. Since my skin is not usually dry and I don't believe in using night creams, I can also use this on my face the rare times I need to when I don't have another moisturizer. (I try to use higher-end products on my face, but since moisturizer isn't part of my nightly routine-more when my skin's dried out from acne treatments-I don't always want to spend extra money.) This is a gentle product, and I don't think it's ever caused me to break out. Not the most glamorous packaging, but it gets the job done, is reasonably priced and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: sensitive, dry
I bought this in the tube for hygiene reasons. Cetaphil has a few moisturisers on shelf - I got the one for dry and sensitive skin.

I have tried quite a few products since my skin has turned sensitive - from high end to mid range. This was the cheapest thing I tried but the only one that rescued my red, dry and irritated skin in only a couple of days. It seems like what my skin needed was a really solid protective barrier and this was it.

You may want to avoid it on the oily t-zones/parts of your face because you may get a little shiny in those areas during the day. I use some sunscreen and powder over the top so it's not a big issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by coarsegoldgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin and have searched for a lotion product that really went into my skin without greasy filling. Several years ago I saw this at Costco and tried it and could not believe this simple looking jar of cream was what I have been looking for. I use it on my face under my eyes, my body it is the ultimate. It really does work and does not leave a sticky, greasy or waxy feel or look that I was always left with after all other moisturizers. Please try for yourself if your looking for a great night cream or day cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Keep in mind that it is a cream not a lotion so you don't need to slather on a lot, a little goes a long way with this cream and being as how big the jar is, it will last you a while. Also If you have acne prone-oily, or maybe even combo skin, this might be too creamy for you. The jar does say dry-very dry skin (red flag right there). Most moisturizers I've come across are either too greasy and don't absorb well or not moisturizing enough for me. I bought on a whim because I needed a moisturizer and you get a lot for your money with this one. I am so happy I got it! It absorbs and moisturizes well without being greasy, and makes my the skin on my face feel so soft and smooth. I noticed this right after the first use. I haven't had problems with breakouts or dry tight skin. My skin feels smooth and soft. I use it when my skin is dyer than usual and need the extra moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ginijay123

Works well with my skin. I have extremely oily skin, oily to the point that I have to blot every two hours if I just wash/use regular oil-free mositurizer--it will even get my hair oily in summer months! If my skin is really misbehaving (oily and starting to develop milia-looking bumps on my forehead), it does not need to be stripped clean, it needs to be moisturized! Anyway, I have found that if I use Ponds to take off my makeup and put Cetaphil on after, my skin settles down in about 3-4 days. I do not use it under my makeup unless it is only on my cheeks and jawline when my skin looks a little red--it's just too greasy for anywhere else under makeup. I think the extreme oiliness of my forehead/nose/upper cheeks is due to sensitivity-- kind of like my skin is making a ton of oil to try to protect itself. I still use oil control products during the day, but Ponds/Cetaphil has helped so much.

I have read about women using EVOO and sweet almond oil for this as well -- I will try that next. I know it seems counterintuitive to put something oily on top of oily skin, but if your skin sounds like mine, give it a shot! It's better than your makeup sliding off before you even make it to work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I loved it to begin with, a though I found the fragrance a little suspicious. Now when I use it, I find it stings and irritates around my nose and under my lips. I've had to bin it. Meanwhile, I've had to bin much more expensive products, so it's not all doom and gloom.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetxandxwild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG nighttime moisturizer...I LOVE this. It's very thick and absorbs well, and is gentle enough to use around the eyes. I apply it to my neck and face at night after I cleanse and when I wake up my skin is perfectly moisturized and glowing...since I've been using it, I've noticed a big difference in the texture of my skin. I'll use it on my feet, elbows, and other dry patches as well when needed. As many others have stated, the huge tub is a bit of a downside, but I can easily get past that because I love this product so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

I've used this cream everyday for years, morning and night. beacause I have eczema I have to keep my skin hydrated to avoid it drying out and this has done the job. It's very non- irritant and I will always buy it again.