October 20, 2014 | 1986 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

I love this moisturizer. It is the perfect remedy for my dried out skin during the fall and winter. On days when I have patches of dry skin, I put just a little in that area because applying too much will cause your skin to get oily. Nowadays I don't use this moisturizer as much, but I know it will definitely come in handy during the winter! Also it doesn't break me out, and I found that there are only a few ingredients in this product. So it's perfect for those with sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by franchen

This is a very thick and moisturizing cream so I use it all over my face at night and only on my dry areas during day. I also use it as a hand/ foot cream at night. It is a pretty decent moisturizing cream and a little goes a long way although the packaging sucks. I make it work by scooping some into a plastic sauce bottle so that I can just squeeze the amount I need every time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I hate the packaging, but it makes sense considering how thick it is. I just use a spatula. I have bad dryness right now due to a prescription acne treatment, and this makes my skin so comfortable.

ETA: The lauryl sulfates and the cetyl alcohol proved to be too much for my skin. Why would a skincare brand target especially for sensitive skin have these ingredients?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Updated review: After noticing that my dry, sensitive face always looked very oily on days that I used Cetaphil, I decided to look into the "other" moisturizing cream that my dermatologist recommended, which is made by CeraVe. I compared the ingredient lists, and I was pretty bummed. The Cetaphil cream is essentially water and Vaseline (petrolatum is the 3rd ingredient). No ceramides, niacinamide, or hyaluronic acid, all of which I was told to look for in a moisturizer. The CeraVe cream not only contains ceramides *and* hyaluronic acid, it actually contains MORE of those 2 ingredients than petrolatum. That was enough for me to switch to the CeraVe cream - I wanted something that was beneficial to my skin beyond just protecting it with a layer of petrolatum. The CeraVe version doesn't rub in as easily as Cetaphil, but I don't end up looking like a greaseball by the end of the day. They both moisturize well, but they just plain work differently. I would consider using the Cetaphil version on winter days when the windchill is -30 and I need that greasy layer of protection from the wind, but that's about it. Also - I recently found out that Cetaphil products are tested on animals, but CeraVe products are not. I'm glad I finally made the switch!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BS5688

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin, and this was the first product that has kept my skin(face and body) moisturized throughout the whole day. I worked at numerous cosmetic counters in Macy's and am knowledgeable about the skin care products for many brands. However, I decided to try the Cetaphil cream because someone suggested it to me. I was satisfied with the results and improvement of my skin within one day. I use it on my face and body at night before I go to bed and my skin stays hydrated. I have used it for about a week and my skin has completely changed. However, the only down side is that the one I have is in a tube and I would rather have a pump or a squeeze tube. This product is definitely affordable and does a better job than expensive creams from higher end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bru33

this is such a good lotion fo anything! I use it on my legs after i shave it makes it so smooth and ingrown hairs disappear like that! really reccommend you try this. I buy mine at costco it is cheaper there and sometimes has coupons....good luck!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Wonderful product. I mostly use it on my feet, elbows, knees, and hands. I love that it's not scented, so it won't clash with perfume. Since my skin is not usually dry and I don't believe in using night creams, I can also use this on my face the rare times I need to when I don't have another moisturizer. (I try to use higher-end products on my face, but since moisturizer isn't part of my nightly routine-more when my skin's dried out from acne treatments-I don't always want to spend extra money.) This is a gentle product, and I don't think it's ever caused me to break out. Not the most glamorous packaging, but it gets the job done, is reasonably priced and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: sensitive, dry
I bought this in the tube for hygiene reasons. Cetaphil has a few moisturisers on shelf - I got the one for dry and sensitive skin.

I have tried quite a few products since my skin has turned sensitive - from high end to mid range. This was the cheapest thing I tried but the only one that rescued my red, dry and irritated skin in only a couple of days. It seems like what my skin needed was a really solid protective barrier and this was it.

You may want to avoid it on the oily t-zones/parts of your face because you may get a little shiny in those areas during the day. I use some sunscreen and powder over the top so it's not a big issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by coarsegoldgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin and have searched for a lotion product that really went into my skin without greasy filling. Several years ago I saw this at Costco and tried it and could not believe this simple looking jar of cream was what I have been looking for. I use it on my face under my eyes, my body it is the ultimate. It really does work and does not leave a sticky, greasy or waxy feel or look that I was always left with after all other moisturizers. Please try for yourself if your looking for a great night cream or day cream.