MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 4/28/2009 6:24:00 PM

Wow. A lovely natural pink-mauve on me. I don't even have to use a mirror because this is like my lips only better (as they say). Nice texture and consistency, not drying (or moisturizing, really). Staying power is limited; you'll eat or drink it off, but whatever. Update 06/17/09: wait, this sometimes looks lilac on me, depending upon the light. Yuck. No longer a fave.

on 4/24/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Perfect color for me. Enought said. Period. Take a wild guess if you think I will be repurchasing again =)

on 4/19/2009 6:05:00 PM

MLBB! I love this lipstick! It's very moisturising and light but lasts surprisingly long. I wear this most days and love the polished look it gives. I apply with a lip brush as applying straight from the tube can result in too much of a purpley colour. 1 layer and you get a lovely pink/mauve shade. Possibly HG status!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first MAC lipstick and I DO love the color.
It is a beautiful mauve that shows nicely on my lips even though they are pigmented. When you apply, it is a cute pink and then it gets more lavender-oriented.
The texture is amazing ( so is the smell!), no balm is necessary under it
The only thing is that Lustre lipsticks tend to fade too quickly from my lips.

on 4/16/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the review that said this gave them "doll lips!" On me this is a soft mauvey pink, brighter than you might expect. It is very cool toned. I wore it today with Funtabulous lipglass to jazz it up, but it is beautiful under most pink or lilac glosses. It doesn't have great staying power, but none of the lustres do - they are my favorites anyway!

My faavourite lipstick of alllllllllllllll time!!!!
Syrup looks so naturally stunning, like so many people have said already it looks like my lip colour but a million times better and more enhanced.
The color is a gorgeous plum pink that is neither too light nor too bright. Your lips end up looking like theyre naturally brighter and become more defined. It doesnt look cakey not glittery/shiny (which i haaate). Lips look and feel moisturized and look like youre not wearing anything at all. Does NOT feel sticky. The colour is noticable as my lips turn a beautiful blush-like pink that makes my whole face brighter and yet like I said before it looks like you're not wearing anything at all because its such a beautifully natural shade.
My boyfriend described it as an "after orgasm" shade.
For those of you who want a naturally looking colour that makes your lips pop I would hiiiighly recommend this one!

on 3/30/2009 4:44:00 AM

I Back 2 Mac'ed on this and so glad I did! This color is a warm, medium toned pink that looks like natural pink lips. The consistency is creamy, it smells nice like all MAC lipsticks, and the color will look fantastic on anyone. Great for a look where you want to take the attention off your lips and put it on another feature, but you still want your lips to look polished.

on 3/25/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Not very pigmented on pigmented lips IMO. But its is very creamy and moisturizing, and I loved how this made my Lavender Whip more wearable. For me this lipstick would be good natural no makeup looks, or to pair with other lipsticks.

on 3/5/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very pretty pinky mauve color. It's not super bright on my lips, but just enough to give that girly pink look, depending on what liner I use with it. Would repurchase again.

on 2/26/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My favourite lipstick ever. I agree with the person who said it looks like my lips but better. It's not drying at all, I can't believe people are saying that! I am a lip chap addict and I can put on this lipstick without it drying me out. I usually choose light pinks and very few colours look good on me, but its just so complimentray on my NW20 skin. I used to have this Loreal Berries and Cream LE lipstick which I loved and this is very similar, Get it, you won't be disappointed!

Popular Lipsticks