MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

Tried it, I am not liking it. It is light pink all right. It's very sheer. It's that kind of lipstick that requires full-face makeup with heavy eye makeup or something even heavier like racoon eyes.

It's not a pick up and go lipstick that you can just put it on and let it brighten up your face instantly. This lipstick requires commitment and work to bring out the best of it, meaning you have to stand in front of mirror to paint your whole face for good 10 to 15 minutes (it depends how fast you can do it). Yeah...if you are into that, this can be a good lipstick for you, the color is prettier and more natural than most nude lipsticks. I call this a better nude lipstick because it still looks very nude on me.

Someday, if I want to do the whole face nude makeup with heavy eyes, this is the nude lipstick I will get.

on 5/7/2009 10:00:00 AM

This is my first Back to Mac lipstick. Its the third MAC lipstick i own so i am not very experienced in the area. (the two others are Underplay-which i dont wear so often cause its too pale, and Creme cup which i love). I was between ten choices mostly pinks cause i like the colour, i'm not sure it suits me. But then i thought, what the h@@l lets live a little!Lets try something else!After reading several reviews about different non-pink l/s i decided on Syrup mostly cause of the phrase "my lips but better". And this is exactly what it is. A hint of pink-mauve colour on your lips not too glossy, not matte. Its my first Lustre too and i'm satisfied with the result for everyday use. I will have to experiment to see what eyeshadow colours it suits.So far its great with neutrals.

on 4/28/2009 6:24:00 PM

Wow. A lovely natural pink-mauve on me. I don't even have to use a mirror because this is like my lips only better (as they say). Nice texture and consistency, not drying (or moisturizing, really). Staying power is limited; you'll eat or drink it off, but whatever. Update 06/17/09: wait, this sometimes looks lilac on me, depending upon the light. Yuck. No longer a fave.

on 4/24/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Perfect color for me. Enought said. Period. Take a wild guess if you think I will be repurchasing again =)

on 4/19/2009 6:05:00 PM

MLBB! I love this lipstick! It's very moisturising and light but lasts surprisingly long. I wear this most days and love the polished look it gives. I apply with a lip brush as applying straight from the tube can result in too much of a purpley colour. 1 layer and you get a lovely pink/mauve shade. Possibly HG status!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first MAC lipstick and I DO love the color.
It is a beautiful mauve that shows nicely on my lips even though they are pigmented. When you apply, it is a cute pink and then it gets more lavender-oriented.
The texture is amazing ( so is the smell!), no balm is necessary under it
The only thing is that Lustre lipsticks tend to fade too quickly from my lips.

on 4/16/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the review that said this gave them "doll lips!" On me this is a soft mauvey pink, brighter than you might expect. It is very cool toned. I wore it today with Funtabulous lipglass to jazz it up, but it is beautiful under most pink or lilac glosses. It doesn't have great staying power, but none of the lustres do - they are my favorites anyway!

My faavourite lipstick of alllllllllllllll time!!!!
Syrup looks so naturally stunning, like so many people have said already it looks like my lip colour but a million times better and more enhanced.
The color is a gorgeous plum pink that is neither too light nor too bright. Your lips end up looking like theyre naturally brighter and become more defined. It doesnt look cakey not glittery/shiny (which i haaate). Lips look and feel moisturized and look like youre not wearing anything at all. Does NOT feel sticky. The colour is noticable as my lips turn a beautiful blush-like pink that makes my whole face brighter and yet like I said before it looks like you're not wearing anything at all because its such a beautifully natural shade.
My boyfriend described it as an "after orgasm" shade.
For those of you who want a naturally looking colour that makes your lips pop I would hiiiighly recommend this one!

on 3/30/2009 4:44:00 AM

I Back 2 Mac'ed on this and so glad I did! This color is a warm, medium toned pink that looks like natural pink lips. The consistency is creamy, it smells nice like all MAC lipsticks, and the color will look fantastic on anyone. Great for a look where you want to take the attention off your lips and put it on another feature, but you still want your lips to look polished.

on 3/25/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Not very pigmented on pigmented lips IMO. But its is very creamy and moisturizing, and I loved how this made my Lavender Whip more wearable. For me this lipstick would be good natural no makeup looks, or to pair with other lipsticks.

Popular Lipsticks