July 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shade Description: Cloudy Pink (Lustre)
I was looking for a mauve-y shade so this seemed perfect. I was, however, disappointed as this doesn’t really show on my pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

On my lips, this color shows up a mauvish medium-dark pink. Texture is just right -- it doesn't feel heavy, gritty or waxy on my lips. I like the subtle shine, which keeps my lips feeling and looking moist but not wet. I can't "taste" this lipstick, which is a big plus for me. Staying power is rather short, hence the 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

This is pretty. It actually looks kinda plummy on me. A medium shade of plummy pink. I am NC25, very lightly pigmented lips. It looks good on me though against my light skin and dark hair. Pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color. Its my go too lip color. Its this wonderful deep pink that is so pretty on. I also love the texture and smell of this lipstick. It could stay on a little better but over all I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read the review about True Romantic and read that Syrup seemed to go well with True Romantic BPB. Well, today I decided to try it with Shy Beauty BPB and I must say I do not like how the two go together. I have yet to try Syrup with True Romantic and will update once I do so.

Other than that, this color is a soft mauve pink and I never thought I would ever like anything with the word mauve in it. It just conjures ideas of muddiness in my head. Syrup, however, is not muddy at all, but bright and lively. For some reason it takes me back to the 80s. It's and ultra feminine color that neutral enough to wear everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Twinings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm with AlyHeartsYou on this one...her review pretty much sums up all that I would say. I B2M'd for this lippie...in all honesty I chose it on the spur of the moment & didn't really have huge hopes for it. I'd have spent much more time considering which shade I was choosing if I'd been spending money to buy it! Now having said all that...I am so pleased to have chosen Syrup - I really am soo surprised that I have overlooked this shade for so long. It has quickly become a fast favourite and I can see myself reaching for this often. I will certainly re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I owe Syrup an apology. I got this lipstick in a swap and kind of ignored it for a while. But then I did this kind of mauvy purple FOTD and thought Syrup would look nice with it. And it did! And I've been wearing it constantly for the last few days now because of it. It is a sheer but buildable mauvey color with shine. I'm cool-toned and very fair with fairly pigmented lips and this lipstick just brightens up my whole face. It's a great lip for when I want a bit more color than nude, but nothing intrusive or distracting. It's just classy-pretty. One of my favorites now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Syrup is a creamy, shiny purpley mauve color. On me this just looks like a dark grey purple and really doesn't do much to flatter my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the record, I'm not a lipstick girl. I'm a huge lip gloss fan, an e/s addict and I can appreciate a good blush. I couldn't resist Syrup, however, after seeing it on a friend and reading about on the MUA boards. For a lipstick, it's not bad!

The color, as others have described, is a pinky neutral--very MLBB on me. It's kind of a pinkish taupe with little to no shimmer and goes on relatively sheerly (is sheerly a word?) This is very subtle... I put it on one night, forgot about it, and a few hours later looked in the mirror and thought, "Wow! My lips look good!" It's neutral enough that I can wear this with a bunch of eye looks and since it's not even close to OTT, I can either wear it out on a weekend or to the office on a Tuesday--it's very versatile that way.

The texture's good too. It lasts for hours and it feels smooth on. I do like the Slimshines' texture better, as it's creamier than the Lustre texture, but there's nothing wrong with Syrup... just my personal preference.

This is repurchase-worthy, should I actually finish this tube! (I don't have a good track record with finishing l/g and l/s)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Color: great, natural, MLBB pink. Packaging: great MAC lipstick bullet tube; as always, the top never pops off nor shatters no matter how often I throw it against the wall. ;) Price: reasonable for a status-y type lipstick. The formua is moisturizing IMO and the color fades to a dark pink/purple/mauve stain after a few hours. I will repurchase.