MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

I carry this lipstick with me everywhere I go. At first, I noticed the mauvey tinge, but you only need to apply this lipstick in one coat and that's the colour it is. I almost view it as a coloured chap stick for lips because it's creamy, smooth and helps to moisturise my lips. The colour is a stand out too, it's like it gives me a faint tropical beachy look. It makes my lips pop. My dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin seem to go well with it's pinky sheen with a touch of lilac. I can apply this lippie without a mirror.

This lipstick, I've noticed, shows up awesome in photographs. The mauvey tinge wears down and just this pink better than your natural lip colour remains and it doesn't look obvious, you know, it looks lovely. I think this lip colour would go with everything.

Think of a tropical flower pink on the light side, with a tinge of lilac which applies so smoothly. This does plump my lips up. I just put another coat on even though it's in the middle of the night. lol. I love this lippie. I would go back to mac just for this lipstick. If you buy this you will not be disappointed, but remember not to add too many layers as it will show up purplish. This is a nude, but better than your lips lipstick which goes with EVERY occasion whether at home or at a party and as soon as I put it on I look 'made up' and perfect.

Buy again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was the seventeenth MAC lipstick to join my collection and unbelievably, it was my first lustre (unless you count Blast O'Blue - I don't). Being unfamiliar with the lustre finish, I moronically expected this to apply like an amplified creme, satin, or matte. When it didn't, a lightswitch went on in my head... "Oh, obviously, I bought a lustre."

This lipstick wears like Craving applied very lightly. I love color and I think Craving is a much better lipstick overall, however Syrup is Craving's more compliant cousin. Those who find Craving a little too loud or unwearable will love Syrup. I will still wear Syrup on occasion as a subtle MLBB shade, but for color, I'm using Craving instead.

hate this, and yet the swatch on the mac site and the look of it in the tube looked so nice! brings out too much of an orangey red tone too my lips which i just can pull off on nc15 skin, blue eyes and brown hair. definatley try before you buy with this one

Love the color and the feel of the lipstick when I put it on. Will be repurchasing over and over again.

I am an nc15 redhead. I went looking for mac lipstick recommendations and this was one that just kept coming up. So I bought it. So glad I did. I find it to look similar to Brave on me but I love them both. It is one of the first lipsticks that I actually thought flattered me instead of just being ok.

This lipstick looked amazing in MAC and the swatch online too. However when I received it in the mail ( I bought it on Ebay) and tried it on, it:
a) was practically invisible and
b) when i applied ten layers, it showed up as purpley. I hated it. I can see how it would look good on some people, but sadly I am not one of them. In the UK you cannot return makeup so I guess it will languish at the bottom of my makeup bag. Sigh.

I first purchased it and loved it until I caught a glimpse of how PURPLE my lips looked in natural sunlight and was a little taken back. Love the texture, creaminess, and sheerness, but sadly it went into the toss bucket.I

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect color!! I can't get enough of this color I have 2 on me at all times!! That's how much I love it! Beautiful pinkish mauve. Nw20/25 for reference.

Tried it, I am not liking it. It is light pink all right. It's very sheer. It's that kind of lipstick that requires full-face makeup with heavy eye makeup or something even heavier like racoon eyes.

It's not a pick up and go lipstick that you can just put it on and let it brighten up your face instantly. This lipstick requires commitment and work to bring out the best of it, meaning you have to stand in front of mirror to paint your whole face for good 10 to 15 minutes (it depends how fast you can do it). Yeah...if you are into that, this can be a good lipstick for you, the color is prettier and more natural than most nude lipsticks. I call this a better nude lipstick because it still looks very nude on me.

Someday, if I want to do the whole face nude makeup with heavy eyes, this is the nude lipstick I will get.

This is my first Back to Mac lipstick. Its the third MAC lipstick i own so i am not very experienced in the area. (the two others are Underplay-which i dont wear so often cause its too pale, and Creme cup which i love). I was between ten choices mostly pinks cause i like the colour, i'm not sure it suits me. But then i thought, what the h@@l lets live a little!Lets try something else!After reading several reviews about different non-pink l/s i decided on Syrup mostly cause of the phrase "my lips but better". And this is exactly what it is. A hint of pink-mauve colour on your lips not too glossy, not matte. Its my first Lustre too and i'm satisfied with the result for everyday use. I will have to experiment to see what eyeshadow colours it suits.So far its great with neutrals.

Recommended for Medium Skin