April 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I owe Syrup an apology. I got this lipstick in a swap and kind of ignored it for a while. But then I did this kind of mauvy purple FOTD and thought Syrup would look nice with it. And it did! And I've been wearing it constantly for the last few days now because of it. It is a sheer but buildable mauvey color with shine. I'm cool-toned and very fair with fairly pigmented lips and this lipstick just brightens up my whole face. It's a great lip for when I want a bit more color than nude, but nothing intrusive or distracting. It's just classy-pretty. One of my favorites now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Syrup is a creamy, shiny purpley mauve color. On me this just looks like a dark grey purple and really doesn't do much to flatter my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the record, I'm not a lipstick girl. I'm a huge lip gloss fan, an e/s addict and I can appreciate a good blush. I couldn't resist Syrup, however, after seeing it on a friend and reading about on the MUA boards. For a lipstick, it's not bad!

The color, as others have described, is a pinky neutral--very MLBB on me. It's kind of a pinkish taupe with little to no shimmer and goes on relatively sheerly (is sheerly a word?) This is very subtle... I put it on one night, forgot about it, and a few hours later looked in the mirror and thought, "Wow! My lips look good!" It's neutral enough that I can wear this with a bunch of eye looks and since it's not even close to OTT, I can either wear it out on a weekend or to the office on a Tuesday--it's very versatile that way.

The texture's good too. It lasts for hours and it feels smooth on. I do like the Slimshines' texture better, as it's creamier than the Lustre texture, but there's nothing wrong with Syrup... just my personal preference.

This is repurchase-worthy, should I actually finish this tube! (I don't have a good track record with finishing l/g and l/s)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Color: great, natural, MLBB pink. Packaging: great MAC lipstick bullet tube; as always, the top never pops off nor shatters no matter how often I throw it against the wall. ;) Price: reasonable for a status-y type lipstick. The formua is moisturizing IMO and the color fades to a dark pink/purple/mauve stain after a few hours. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by buchichi

Syrup is my first MAC lustre lipstick.I love the color but it doesn't last as long as the MAC satin lippies. However, I find the texture to be better than that of the satin finish. Overall, Syrup is a lovely everyday color, very natural pink. Just be prepared to whip out your lippie from your purse more often than you'll usually do. I'll repurchase unless they come up with a lipstick of the same texture and color but with a longer staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I love this colour, it's described as a cloudy pink on the MAC website and I would describe it as a sheer, natural mid-rose colour. On my lips (pigmented, NW25) it is almost the same as my natural lip colour only with more pinky tone to it. It's a lustre formula so the colour is buildable but offers a very natural look, perfect for daytime. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very subtle mauve MLBB type lipstick. It looks quite midtone in the tube, but goes on a bit lighter. It reminds me of Prestige Raven but lighter and more plum tinged mauve than Raven's mauvey plum, if that makes sense. To put it another way, Raven is a little darker and a touch more plum than mauve. Either way, Syrup is a great nude-ish lipstick for pink and purple eye looks, and looks awesome paired up with Nars Sin and MAC True Romantic beauty powder blush. It's a really nice everyday shade for me. I love the Lustre formula, I think it's my fave and I know most of my MAC lipsticks are this formula. It's slightly glossy and very natural feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was browsing in a MAC store, and this color was what the SA recommended, and she was spot on! I told her I wanted a mauve-pink shade that wasn't too bright or dark, something that I could wear for everyday. I was looking at Sweetie and Plumful, and she suggested Syrup. After swatching all of the 3 I realised she was right after all! So I got Syrup, and it's exactly the same color as my lips :) I do wish it was a tad darker for that MLBB look, but it's definitely something I'll use again and again, especially since it's so wearable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, and based on all the glowing reviews I thought that I would. Unfortunately it was too dark and too purple on me to look like mlbb. I have very pink lips for reference. Syrup just wasn't flattering at all. I was really surprised because there are reviews of people with the same coloring as me who rave over it, so go figure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An YLBB dusky pink, SYRUP goes perfectly with my NC15 skin tone.

As itís a lustre finish, the colour is sheer and fresh. The lipstick itself is non-drying.

A perfect everyday shade, which matches most MU looks.