August 30, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by carmenci99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the lipstick I like the most at the moment. I like the color as it's very close to the natural color of my lips, but better. It makes my lips look nice without seeming overly made up. I wear this on a daily basis when I go to school.
However, I really hate the formula as it's very drying. Seriously, I cannot apply this lipstick without a primer first, or at least chap stick and I have to exfoliate my lips everyday or else I'll have huge visible patches of dried skin on my lips. I would repurchase as I love the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by frini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG colour of all my l/s.
One day I was at a mac store and asked a SA of a l/s that I could wear all time,with all my clothes that could go on without a proper makeup preparation and she came with a tube of this.
When I put it on my face I found my HG lover of all times...
COLOUR:It's a cool to neutral mid pink-mauve that can work with the majority of skin types. I tested it on my best-friend who is almost a NW40 and works fantastic on her too. For reference I am neutral NC15-20 depend its the best colour I have muched to my skintone.
QUALITY:TOP It has a vanilla scent that as time goes by cannot leave without. At the begin I thought it was like a cheap scent but now I adore it more and more. I want to say that my friend is super sensitive in l/s and only dior and this dont cause her problems.
DURATION:For someone that liques most of the time his lips :oops: lasts up to 3 hours.
PACKAGE:It's like a bullet in a deep deep greyish plastic tube. Nice,although I am a sucker for flashiest packages like Guerlain,YSL volupte(this is new) or Chanel. But I can go with this cutie too.
Would I buy it again:YES and i bought it as gift on my best friend too.She seems to love it.
OTHER L/S HAVE TRYED: Rouge Allure Chanel- drying but has nice colours,Estee Lauder-Too creamy and opaque hate scent,Clinique-creamy but cannot find a colour that I like so much,Chanel-Hydrabase this one is nice too (high price tag),YSL volupte-too creamy but like the reds of this collection,Lancome-Too hard -bad scent, La roche posay-medium quality-poor range of colours.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by samanthaapril

I'm really surprised after reading all the previous reviews about this colour - I'm almost wondering if I got a dud or something (I bought this online based on the colour description on MAC's site)...I really love the texture and scent of this lipstick, but it just doesn't even show up on my lips - it looks like I just put chapstick on or something when I put this on. It's odd because I have really fair, cool toned skin (I always buy the lightest shade of foundation) and dark brown, almost black hair, so I thought this colour would be great for me. I suppose I must have highly pigmented lips or something...so this lipstick would probably work great if your lips are light coloured to start with. I find both the photos above to not really show the true colour, one looks too light and the other looks too dark. It's a nice neutral pinky mauve colour that would probably work well on most cool-toned complexions; it's not bright or garish in any way.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shade Description: Cloudy Pink (Lustre)
I was looking for a mauve-y shade so this seemed perfect. I was, however, disappointed as this doesn’t really show on my pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

On my lips, this color shows up a mauvish medium-dark pink. Texture is just right -- it doesn't feel heavy, gritty or waxy on my lips. I like the subtle shine, which keeps my lips feeling and looking moist but not wet. I can't "taste" this lipstick, which is a big plus for me. Staying power is rather short, hence the 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

This is pretty. It actually looks kinda plummy on me. A medium shade of plummy pink. I am NC25, very lightly pigmented lips. It looks good on me though against my light skin and dark hair. Pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color. Its my go too lip color. Its this wonderful deep pink that is so pretty on. I also love the texture and smell of this lipstick. It could stay on a little better but over all I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read the review about True Romantic and read that Syrup seemed to go well with True Romantic BPB. Well, today I decided to try it with Shy Beauty BPB and I must say I do not like how the two go together. I have yet to try Syrup with True Romantic and will update once I do so.

Other than that, this color is a soft mauve pink and I never thought I would ever like anything with the word mauve in it. It just conjures ideas of muddiness in my head. Syrup, however, is not muddy at all, but bright and lively. For some reason it takes me back to the 80s. It's and ultra feminine color that neutral enough to wear everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Twinings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm with AlyHeartsYou on this one...her review pretty much sums up all that I would say. I B2M'd for this lippie...in all honesty I chose it on the spur of the moment & didn't really have huge hopes for it. I'd have spent much more time considering which shade I was choosing if I'd been spending money to buy it! Now having said all that...I am so pleased to have chosen Syrup - I really am soo surprised that I have overlooked this shade for so long. It has quickly become a fast favourite and I can see myself reaching for this often. I will certainly re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I owe Syrup an apology. I got this lipstick in a swap and kind of ignored it for a while. But then I did this kind of mauvy purple FOTD and thought Syrup would look nice with it. And it did! And I've been wearing it constantly for the last few days now because of it. It is a sheer but buildable mauvey color with shine. I'm cool-toned and very fair with fairly pigmented lips and this lipstick just brightens up my whole face. It's a great lip for when I want a bit more color than nude, but nothing intrusive or distracting. It's just classy-pretty. One of my favorites now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No