September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by taniaex0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing amazing reviews, I was a little disappointed with this foundation.
It's probably more of a medium coverage. A big down side was that it does not come with a pump, a pump has to be bought separately which is fine but once you have the pump on, the lid doesn't fit!
The consistency is quite runny. My skin is combination and I thought this product was average for the price I paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by k33pc4lm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GOD.BLESS.NARS

this is my HG foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have dry skin that is acne prone with scarring and my struggle is always to get a foundation that doesnt look cakey, cover redness/discoloration while preserving a natural looking appearance and ive found it in sheer glow.

i wear sheer glow in the shade cadiz (in MUFE HD my shade is 173 Amber) and it is a perfect match for me. in the summer, i just add a little extra bronzer and it matches my darker skin tones. SG is a medium-full coverage foundation that is blendable, light and natural. i apply one even layer to my skin and then stipple a tiny bit more over my problem spots and set with a light layer of translucent powder and im set for the day. ofc with any foundation, if you apply too much at one time you will look cakey. but SG gives me a flawless natural finish that i just cant believe.

i HATE the packaging though. after a while, the top of the bottle doesnt turn all the way so im always scared the bottle is securely shut. also, it is messy and difficult to control the amount of product because you have to pour it out and then pour back in the excess (no bueno because of bacteria). this foundation is runny so be careful when you pour it on the back of your hand! i know nars sells a pump for the sheer glow/sheer matte but seriously? why dont they just add a pump UGH!

other than that, i love nars. i love sheer glow. BUY THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

I picked this up on the hunt for something that would provide a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. After two uses, my only questions are: glow? Where?

Price: I got this as a sample on eBay. I know both Sephora and NARS offer free shipping / returns on their products, but always feel a bit guilty ordering something when my only intention is to try it out. This is especially true for foundations, particularly when I'm not sure of my color match (and therefore may need to order 2 or more bottles). I wish more companies offered foundation samples for purchase on their websites, as I live 80+ miles from a decent cosmetics counter. Anyway, I was able to determine that Gobi was a good color for me and spent $8 on an eBay sample vs $44 for a full bottle. The sample I got was probably enough for 5 days use. At this writing, I am not sure if NARS now includes a pump with this product; I know from reading other reviews here that it used to be an add-on.

Packaging: since I got a sample tube, this is sort-of irrelevant to me, but I will say that the full size product I saw in person is a nice glass bottle with decent heft.

Product: Sigh. I love NARS lip glosses. LOVE. I appreciate that their shade ranges are so vast and that their pricing, for an upscale brand, is not out of control. I don't know if it's something with my skin, but I don't love this stuff, just as I didn't love their Tinted Moisturizer that gets raves. For starters, although Gobi is a good match for my skin, it seems a hair too yellow, but Mont Blanc was way too pink. The foundation applies fairly nicely, but like the TM, I felt like it stuck to / emphasized the pores on some areas of my face, particularly around my nose and chin. I think this gives decent coverage, and is a good step up if you're looking for something slightly heavier than a tinted moisturizer. I like that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask of product, which is an issue I've run into a lot when trying other foundations. However, I also don't feel like this product really gives me any sort of "glow"; I had better "luminous" results from MAC Face & Body. The lack of glow, coupled with the slightly off color and pore enhancement all point to this being a no-go. I'm glad I got this as a sample first before buying (and returning) a full bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation gave my face a cakey application. I don't like heavy makeup so I'm glad I didn't buy this. It was the perfect match I will admit that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Amandabambii

So I won this foundation on eBay, in the colour I was matched to... Unfortunately I was matched in winter haha. I love this foundation so much that I am buying it in a darker shade so I can custom mix a perfect colour!

This foundation is awesome to say the least, I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he said it looked smooth and soft - keep in mind I don't have bumps or anything.

I love this foundation the only thing that sucks is buying a pump separately - they're always sold out here and it's $12 to buy one on eBay!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I never wear liquid foundation only because I can never find a colour to suit me.

Hearing about the hype for this foundation made me want to go and check it out. I was matched to Punjab and managed to wait & get it on ebay for a cheaper price.

Day 2 - Am loving this. The colour is def a winner for me (for winter) and love how this looks on my skin.

I just need to find the perfect brush to apply. My 147 just broke :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by SammieH87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Having recently changed from MAC foundations I decided to give this a whirl as it had been raved about on so many beauty blogs. I was extremely disappointed to say the least. When applied it instantly clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had, and within a couple of hours had collected around my nose and chin. Applied over an oil-free primer and set with an excellent powder this foundation made my skin so greasy and practically slid off my nose, chin and cheeks after a few hours and I DO NOT even have oily skin. It also made my pores look awful. I swear my skin looks better bare than when wearing this. I am so disappointed, especially considering the price, and will not be purchasing any more NARS products for a very long time!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this fdt, it provides medium cover but still manages to feel light on the skin. However, I'd like to complain abt the packaging, I don't get it why it doesn't come with a pump? Even tho u can buy the pump separately I think such price tag shd include the pump! I wouldn't repurchase it if I used it up, cuz I think there r many alternatives fdt in the mkt, eg my fav drugstore one: bourjois healthy mix..etc

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gobi is a fantastic match. I find it almost impossible to find a fair yellow foundation. Most fairs are pink and look horribly orange on my skin. However, it wears patchy and unfortunately broke me out in nasty pus spots. Normally if something disagrees with me, I get little white bumps under the skin as a first warning and can usually get away without full scale issues if I discontinue use immediately and go back to a powder mineral foundation. Two days of Nars sheer glow and my skin's a mess. I even have spots on my neck! Damn!

Very disappointed as we can't return items in the UK and I already have a graveyard of expensive foundations in my makeup to chuck out. Grrrrrhhh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If your skin is rough and you need a beautiful finish, this is for you ladies!

I think this is better than Armani Luminous Silk as someone else wrote and the staying power is great. It isn't very expensive and you only need 1-2 shades to get the right look :)

Will buy again in the future.