eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.3

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

Okay, first I am going to say that I love eos products but I am sorry I even bought this one. I am sorry if this offends anyone but it smells like cat pee. When my husband got home later in the day I got him to smell it and that was his 1st thought too. I wish I had known what it smelled like 1st because I never would have bought it.

I don't understand why EOS Summer Fruit has gotten such bad feedback on here. I think this flavor is great! It reminds me of fruit punch. It goes on very smooth but like most of my experiences with EOS products, it worked better after a few uses. Although this is not my favorite flavor, it still is great and keeps my lips moisturized. I have a nervous lip biting habit so my lips are usually very rough. EOS Summer Fruit defiantly helped. I love the packaging because it makes the product easy to find if you are notorious for losing lip softeners. I didn't give it a five because I'm sure there are more high end lip moisturizers and the sent could get overwhelming if you aren't a fan of it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Nope not a hg product for me. The overall packaging is cute but bulky in terms of a lip balm. Smells good, moisturizing for my lips but does not last long. Lip balm turned moldy after a month or 2 of using it. Ps I always clean it with tissue paper to keep dirt off, but it still turned moldy. Nope not a fan of it.

I've not owned this product very long but I'd like to point out that the Summer Fruit flavor smells like peach rings...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my second Eos purchase--I used to have the red one. It's an ok moisturizer, not the best. Gives my lips the basic moisture it needs: nothing too over the top. I notice that it exacerbates my peeling skin on my bottom lip--something that I'm not too fond of--but it works well as an after exfoliating moisturizer. Exfoliate your lips with some sugar mixed with your favorite lip gloss, which will create a nice smooth canvas for your perfect lipstick application.

By far the WORST lip balm ever! I have had on and off love/ hate relationships with the eos lip balms i own. There are very mixed reviews on all these lip balms, and I can tell you exactly why. When i bought these, i ADORED them. They smelled good, tasted good etc. I, however, never liked the moisturization of this product because no matter how much i put on my lips, it never felt like there was enough product on them. I find they dry out super fast once applied, and then it leaves your lips feeling dry, while also smooth, if that makes sense. So later on, I started using these as my nightly lip balm. All was well for the first couple nights. Then one morning I woke up with stinging lips and they felt DRY DRY DRY, but when i touched them, they felt normal. Thinking it was just the way i had slept, I used vaseline to heal my lips before trying EOS again. I woke up with the exact same feeling, so i pinned this as a result from EOS. Again, I went for a long period of time without using this product, and used my trusted Nivea lip balms instead. So, once again, being the dumbass I am, recently tried to use them again thinking this time would be different. MY LIPS HURT. They are dry, and i constantly have vaseline on them to soothe them. When I woke up this morning after using EOS last night, the dryness was visible, unlike the other times. My lips were peeling dead skin all over. By far these lip balms will be forever the worst $4 I've ever spent, and they will be going in the garbage. I am strongly against these in every way possible. If you are thinking about getting them, DON'T, please just DON'T. AWFUL PRODUCT!

The packaging SUCKS! I can't think of another word. The balm (the sphere) got broken in half after a few uses. Waist of money.

This is my second eos lip balm because I'm a glutton for punishment, as I didn't like the first one I got. The smell is just amazing. Eos' website says that it's a mix of blueberry, peach, and strawberry. I smell peach, and I also get a little bit of grapefruit, although there's no grapefruit in this at all. Whatever it is, the smell is divine, and it definitely smells like summer!

Unfortunately, the moisturizing ability of the balm doesn't live up to its scent or the adorable packaging. It's got amazing ingredients in it: olive oil. shea butter, jojoba oil. I just can't understand why it's not more emollient. Even if I rub it over my lips repeatedly, it doesn't feel like the balm is actually melting into them. And then it feels like it just sits on top rather penetrating and really softening the dry skin on my lips. I exfoliate my lips regularly, too. Nivea Touch of Honey, Blistex Deep Renewal, Revlon Lip Butters, Almay Liquid Lip Balm, Maybelline Color Elixirs, It Cosmetics Lip Butter in Je Ne Sais Quoi: these are all the products I use to moisturize my lips that work 100 times better than the eos :(

I know this is about the cutest lip balm the world has ever seen, of course, but I wish I could actually like the product as much! I'm giving a star for the packaging and a star for the scent. A lot of people like these so it's worth a few bucks to give it a shot if you've got a few bucks to spare, but if you want hydration you can count on, I'd advise you to pass.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I went overseas with my family my lips were so chapped which is rare. I only brought baby lips colour which I realised was a mistake because I would apply it every night and wake up with a gross white gunk on them and I had to keep rub and re-apply. So I finally bought eos as my sister suggested from sasa in Hong Kong and as soon as I started using it, my lips felt much more relieves and better although I do need to reapply more I found it helpful for my lips as they were just dry and a bit painful. I had had never heard of this brand before so when I saw the packaging I didn't have high expectations.
I love it and I will buy it again. As my lips are normally not that dry anyways.

I think the hype over this lip balm is its unique and cute packaging. It looks nice for whipping out in public and it can even be a conversation-starter. But after at least a year of using this, it's really nothing remarkable in terms of hydration. I find that if your lips are already moisturized, this just seals the moisture in and prevents lips from drying out, but it doesn't help my lips at all when it's severely dry, chapped, and cracked. When that happens, even Vaseline does a much better job. In fact, I use Vaseline at night and a Nivea lip balm in the mornings, which healed my lips much faster.

On the plus side, this lip balm smells and tastes great, and softens your lips a bit without it feeling sticky, which is why it's great for makeout sessions. The ingredients are very clean and all-natural as well, if you're concerned about swallowing synthetic ingredients. Lastly, this lip balm contains a lot of product for its price. Very good value for money.

Popular Lip Treatments

Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08