August 31, 2014 | 1280 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowyent

I would suggest getting something else

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vcx3

I definitely heard good reviews of EOS so i decided to try it out and bought this at my local drugstore. I was attracted to the packaging; it is a round egg-like shape and the top twists off very easily. At first when I got this product, I fell in love with it. The smell was amazing, it felt good on my lips because it smelled so great, and the shape of the chapstick was convenient (I tend to lose chapsticks a lot because theyre so small nowadays but the EOS lip balm makes it easier for me to find it in my purse)

However, after a few weeks of keeping it in my purse, some lint got in between the corners of the product so it does get dirty easily. (Not the product itself, just the container). As far as actually moisturizing my lips, it did moisturize my lips but I did find myself re-applying every hour or so. Even after applying this product several times in the day, I still felt like it didn't give me enough moisturization as I wanted.

I'm still debating whether or not I will buy this product again. The EOS lip balm is great but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who has really dry lips because it doesn't last long. If you're looking for a simple everyday lip balm to keep your lips smelling really good, then this product would be perfect. If you have chronic dry lips, then you're better off using Burt's Bees for the longer lasting moisturization.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by danda

I heard very good things about this product but as soon as I've used it the first time I was not impressed. At first, the balm didn't apply easily. As soon as I managed to get the balm on my lips, I had a terrible reaction! My lips become extremely dry and chapped and the skin around the lips gets affected also. It takes weeks for my skin to heal. I was actually really hoping for this product to be my go-to.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

to date everyone i know just loves this adorable little lip balm. however i do not. i gave it 2 lippies: 1 for the delicious scent and the 2nd for the adorable packaging. however it does absolutely nothing to moisturize my lips, in fact they feel even dryer after it has rubbed off. I ended up giving mine away to my little cousin. no good for me, sorry

EDIT: my bad.. i reviewed the wrong flavour. i never tried summer fruit, i tried strawberry sorbet, the pink one. that's the one with the yummy smell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crmelody

I remember seeing a few good reviews for this and being the lip balm fanatic that I am, I had to try it. It is literally like rubbing a candle on your lips. It is way too hard. The wax to oil ratio is terrible. So not only is it not pleasurable to apply, but it doesn't moisturize well (predictably). This is definitely one of the worst balms I've tried and the scent I really don't care for at all. Overall, if you are looking for a great balm, try Pangea's (HG of all balms) or Ole Henriksen's or Dr. Bronner's. Packaging is almost as bad as the balm itself.

INGREDIENTS:
Olive Oil, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Natural Flavor, Shea Butter, Stevia Rabaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil, Blueberry Fruit Extract, Strawberry Fruit Extract, Peach Fruit Extract, Linalool.

Looking at the ingredients list I'm trying to find out where it fails, and I have to say that olive oil and coconut oil so high was not a good choice. I've studied the ingredients of the balms I've found the most effective (having tried over 100). Most of the really moisturizing balms have jojoba and sunflower really high and then a really intensely moisturizing oil like borage, hemp, rosehip, or avocado after, and then a citrus oil towards the end.

I'm afraid all the extracts do it no good, and it would have been better if they just had one extract (blueberry, for instance) so the flavor would have been pure and not sicky sweet artificial smelling. Pass on this one.

VERDICT: Bad scent. Bad moisturizing ability. Bad packaging. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I'm an EOS lipbalm addict, (my favorite flavor is Sweet Mint) but there are cons and pros to every purchase. Pros- Adorable Packaging and colors, Beautiful smell, Nice flavors, no chemicals, reasonable price. Cons- Not very long-lasting or deep moisturizing. The packaging isn't very portable. The pros outweigh the cons, so I will repurchase. A fairly good lipbalm for the price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Smells like heaven
Cute packaging
Affordable
Long lasting

Cons:
Not very emollient
A bit dry

I repurchased for the amazing smell :3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by awkkimmivy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the cute packaging but I hate that I can't fit it in my pocket. I also love the scents, but the balm itself isnt very moisturizing. I don't agree with some reviews that say it is drying. i would purchase again solely for the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

This product I would say is a bit pricy for what you get. It is so cute and I love how there's different flavours/colours but honestly the size is a bit annoying. It's not as easy to stuff into your purse as it's round and bigger than most lip balms. It also doesn't give your lips any tint, it leaves it the same colour. And I feel like it doesn't moisturise your lips for long. It smells good, isn't harsh on your lips and is a reasonable price but I don't think it's worth it. Overall I give it a 2/5 and no to repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by VDianeT

This product is super cute and smells great but it doesn't hydrate my lips. It makes feel hydrated for a short period of time but tends to dry it out more when it's absorbed in my lips. I've used this product for about 5 months and I would not recommend it.