April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by amadeus123

Wow... I have pretty thick lips which can look nice, but they become victim to melbourne weather - espcially really windy days... I often get rashes on my lips due to dryness and irritation. To anyone else with a similiar situation, this has not aggravated my lips at all... When I bought the tube, it wasn't as big as I had imagined it to be... I was thinking of those huge gluesticks from the descriptions here! Upon first application it felt soft and silky... definitely feels lighter than vaseline which I have been using up to now. It doesn't leave much shine... hardly any at all, but I think it would be very comfortable to use under a gloss. I've tried endless balms... from the cheap ones like nivea to the more pricey ones like the clinique superbalms, and I find this simple one does the trick. Feels lovely and is moisturising... I wasn't too fond of the smell when I first tried it, but now it has grown on me, and I can't stop opening the tube to smell that lovely white chocolate scent... lovely! Will update when I use it under a lippy, but by itself it's really quite nice - I strongly recommend it as it's quite cheap for such alot of product (unlike many other brands of balm!!) ... Btw, I got it at price attack for $5.95AUD...

Edit: It doesn't feel as nice and slippery as the old vaseline. In fact my lips are feeling quite dry with it on which makes me wonder what the purpose of putting it on was for... *sigh*. It still smells heavenly though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip balm out there. Period. This is great for using under lipsticks/glosses or on its own. It's got slip to it but it stays on my lips for a significant period of time. It has an amazing chocolate scent but it's not overpowering and doesn't clash with scented glosses. The tube is huge, as others have said, like a glue stick, but I don't mind. You get so much product for such little $, and I will keep repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kanine

Like a true lipbalm junkie, I purchased another lot of lipbalms eventhough I already have something I quite like. Vaseline's Lip Therapy is good for night use but I didn't find it suitable for the day as it's a really slippery and my lipcolour tends to slide off. Palmers' is an easily accessible drugstore brand and this balm costs about RM14 (US$3.80). Sadly, I discovered I was allergic to the lipbalm that contained SPF15 but this plain one goes on like a dream and my lips did not react adversely. It's so smooth and the consistency is neither thick nor waxy like most lipbalms. It's moisturising and the scent is faintly vanilla (quite wonderful). Also, it can be used on any part of your body that needs a bit of TLC. Of course, I don't swipe this elsewhere as I'm already using it on my lips. My only gripe is that the tube is quite fat and it's not something that can be carried in a small evening bag. Still, I have one in my everyday bag and on my nightstand. In fact, this has recently replaced my Vaseline!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by tinerda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this, i just got it yesterday, cas of the reviews on here, i must say i was skeptical at first, i thought it was going to be a regular lip balm, nothing special, but the way it glides on lip, oh my, its great! so good, im gonna stock up..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Andrienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is actually for the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Butter. This is a new product. This comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator. They have added peppermint oil to a basic formula of petrolatum, cocoa butter and vitamin E. The scent is a fabulous dark chocolate and mint combination. I mean really fabulous. I put some on my lips the other evening and my fiance thought I smelled like a chocolate delicacy. Very tempting. I will say though that when this is on the lips, you can slightly taste the petrolatum(vaseline). Again, it is very, very slight. If this is no bother to you and you like dark chocolate with mint, you must try this. In regards to moisturizing the lips, I find this makes my lips very soft. The cocoa butter and the vitamin E are great for keeping lips soft and kissable. The petrolatum is debatable in regards to the real moisturizing properties it possesses. I have never had a problem with it. In any case, this product is a real gem. I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is fabulous lip balm! The best things about it are 1) price - it's soo cheap, give it a try! 2) the smell - mmmm slightly chocolately, not too sickly and sweet, even my boyfriend likes it! 3) the texture - this is probably the best bit for me. Other lip balms are too waxy and feel like they leave a thick layer on your lips. This one is more oily so smooths on like a dream and has barely any weight even though it lasts for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Fester

Go for it. It's a great product. I keep them all over the house. I would say this product holds up and wins hands down over some of the more expensive lip balms I've randomly purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by delta69purple

After reading the reviews on this product, I decided to purchase it and it was worth the money. I love it. I keep my hands off of it. I put it on before any lip gloss or lip stick and before going to bed at night. I can see a big difference in my lips. They stay smooth and my lip products go on much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Akear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my swiss-army-knife-of-my-bag. I use this on my lips and it is the only balm I will ever buy again. I also use it on my hands and massage a bit into my cuticles when I'm looking ragged. It is also a fabulous emergency hair smoother - I just take a little bit, melt it in my hands and scrunch it into my naturally curly hair to tame frizzies and add shine.

The handiest little stick EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

Love this for my lips. I use it every night before bed and wake up to soft moisturized lips. What else can I say...YAY!