July 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went into Ulta a few days ago, looking for a new foundation to help with my oily skin. I have been searching for years. I have tried BE, UD both mineral and cream to powder, Ulta brand, etc., all with primer and setting spray over it. The SA was SO nice and helpful. She said she has oily skin as well, and recommended this powder foundation along with BeneFit's POREfessional primer. It is the best combination of face make up I have EVER tried. Yes, I still have to touch up with my UD De-Slick powder once or twice during the day, but it doesn't wear off or cake. I recommend using a foundation brush to apply this, as opposed to either of the applicators provided, because it gives a natural look and much less product is needed. I was hesitant to spend another $34 on a foundation that might turn out like all the rest I've tried, but I really feel confident in this purchase. I love how my face looks and feels with this on. Oh, and just to say: I wear "Never Settle Petal" and it's a perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by miszieman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The SA colour matched me wrongly.. I think its a bit too dark for me, maybe i can wear it in the summer if i get tanned a bit.. But so far, i'm not too eager to wear it. I think its okay, but not good enough for me to rave about it. I have been using MAC studio fix powder for years, so i bought the Benefit hello flawless coz i wanted to try something different. And i can say that I still like the MAC studio fix better than this one. The Benefit Hello flawless made my pores look kinda bigger and its kinda too chalky on my face, and like i said the SA gave me a colour that is a touch too dark for me, so it looks weird if i use it (using a brush) on top of my foundation..
Will not repurchase..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The salesgirl and her manager at Sephora South Coast is so damn pushy that I feel stupid afterwards for actually spending time there listening to their crap. Her manager makeup looks hideous, her own makeup is cakey (she uses Benefit foundation, yes) and yet cannot hide all the blemishes she has on. I tried to ask them about her products compared to Benefit hello flawless and was told that I'm "too difficult". The girl opened the box and used the same brushes everybody uses there to put it on me *grasp* It was so quick that I couldn't even murmur anything. She's an amateur and worse than an average teenager who first learns how to put on makeup. I can't believe Sephora actually hires people like this as makeup artists/consultants.

Quick take: good: soft, smooth, good color match
bad: easily flake, average stay, powder flies everywhere with just 1 swipe.

Purchase: Nope, never.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by geniebelle6901

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new HG foundation! It is hands down the best full coverage powder foundation I have ever used. I Love Me: Fair Ivory is a perfect shade match. It does a great job covering up redness and blemishes without feeling heavy. It truly does give me a flawless look that I really haven't been able to find with other foundations. The only complaint I have is that there's not a lot of product for the money, but I love the coverage so much, that I'll definitely purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by daisy128

This is really flawless powder, yet a bit small

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago and have been wearing it every weekday (I'm always in a rush in the mornings!) and what I love is how quick this is to use, I use the sponge and can do my face in about a minute! I am pale with really rosy cheeks and this product really tones down the redness and leaves me looking flawless.

I do find that within a few hours my skin has started to get oily in my t-zone but a quick touch up and I'm good again!

I have read other reviews that say this product runs out quickly so I'm a bit concerned it will run out and end up not being value for money.

I also really like the packaging - very cute!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination skin, very pale with pink undertones. I have a hard time finding make-up that doesn't have yellow undertones, and this actually fit the bill. It looks amazing when it's first put on, but I start looking oily after just a couple of hours. While the packaging is nice, there is not much product in the the container. I don't mind paying a lot for make-up when it is quality, but this doesn't have staying power or very much product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hadn't bought a foundation or powder in years and was feeling a little unsure. So i was color matched by a Beneƒit SA in a Beneƒit shop on a bright sunny day with good light.
I really like the packaging. The compact is nice portable box, mirror included, powder section lifts up to reveal a space underneath for both brush and sponge. It is very practical.
I wore this a few times and realized theSA had given me a color that was WAAAY too dark - i'm between 15 and 20 MAC, but a bit more neutral. So i took it back,explained the problem, and a different SA matched me, giving me a lighter color. After wearing it a while i could see that it, too, was way too dark. Now it sits in the bottom of my makeup box, although i occasionally use it for contouring.
Additionally, the powder itself is rather coarse. And the texture was not really suitable for my dry skin, being quite matte and making me look mummified. I was also disappointed that i was TWICE given wrong colors by Beneƒit's supposedly trained makeup SAs. If they're on commission, they'd make just as much if they matched my skin tone, rather than the patch of hyperpigmentation on my jaw.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since Benefit continues NOT to offer color for deeper skintones, I cant say how this product works for me. I CAN say that people that I've seen wearing this look flat and ashen. Ewww

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

I went in to Sephora to replace my Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup and the SA insisted that this was going to blow me away. I was not blown away. The packaging is cute as with all Benefit products; I really liked that it had 2 tiers and included the tools you would need to adjust the amount of coverage you wanted. However, the powder itself was drying, even with a layer of moisturizer, and I didn;t like how it made my skin dull. It's almost like the powder absorbed all the light in the room like a black hole, and although it left an "airbrushed finish", the smoothness was not worth the dulling and hence aging quality. Although UD's mineral makeup leaves a relatively matte finish for a mineral makeup, I liked how it made my skin look luminous rather than dead. I'm returning this to Sephora today.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No