July 29, 2014 | 1202 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this powder on me, it gives me a matte elegant finish, and isn't heavy in color when applying. It doesnt have that "shes wearing foundation" look. Its very light and dewy.You have the option of making it heavy coverage if you use the sponge and add water. It matches my skin tone exact, and does not give one solid color to the face. It corresponds with each tone on your face. I have like 2 different skin tones on my face, and I like the way that looks on me, and wouldnt want to change my skin tone or alter it in any way since that is my natural born beauty, so overall I'm digging this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this powder.
First of all its pretty expensive and it also gives you a really cakey look.
The only reason I ever even tried this powder was because my mom is obsessed with Lancome and insisted that I try it.
I personally don't like it at all and don't plan on ever buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by nmicheli03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff can cover just about anything and that's why I'm never without it. I never use it wet, as it doesn't blend as well and makes the foundation itself useless. If you have very dry skin I don't recommend this as it can get a little dry and cakey. I have to make sure I'm very moisturized before using. I love how it gives me a very matt, even finish on my face though and hides a ton of yucky spots, especially when I'm hormonally breaking out.
It is pretty pricey at about $35 but since I don't use it every day I make one compact stretch a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by judyortega2000

I love this powder/foundation. It donst cake or look like to much powder. It looks natural like I dont have makeup on. Plus it covers all my flaws for a flawless finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it's a good product overall, but the pressed powder itself isn't for me! My face somehow always ends up a little flaky whenever I use any kind of powder (even with toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen on). Liquid is the best for me, but if I have to choose powder, loose powder is actually more favorable on my skin than pressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

I've used this for years and love it as an everyday compact to keep in your purse. I used to use it as a foundation on those lazy days I didn't want to apply liquid foundation but didn't get the coverage I needed. I've recently changed over to the Make Up Forever Duo foundation powder for more coverage and love it. But I will never give up the Lancome Dual Finish powder for my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

I used this a few years ago and I remember not liking it too much. I prefer my MAC Studio Fix powder. For me, Lancome's products are really iffy. Some products I'll LOVE and then some are just okay. This one is just okay. It didn't make my face matte for very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by thaichilisauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin with minor rosacea around my nose and because of that, I found I could only use this stuff wet (dampened the makeup sponge that came with the product). If I applied the powder directly on my face (either with the puff or a brush), my rosacea would get irritated and the product looked like it was just sitting on top of my face instead of blending in with the rest of my skin.

While it is a good foundation when used wet, I was going through the product SUPER FAST this way! It's not like this stuff is cheap either! I had to find an alternative as this just wasn't working for me.

I switched to MAC's StudioSculpt afterwards and used what I had left of my Lancome Dual Finish as a setting powder, which did actually work wonderfully!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I have bought 4 of them(different color since I kept tanning since I moved to south) and I love them all.
It is come with 2 sponge/puff, which enables vairety in coverage. I always use the sponge since I need even the horrible blemish. and I use a brush to apply the powder as a finish touch. Since I got 4 different colors there is always one match the look i want.
Sleek package, suck puff... that's why I give it a 4 not 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by girleesmooch55

I am currently using this powder foundation because in the last year or so my skin has become quite oily, and my Teint Idole just wasn't looking as good as it used to:(. I love this powder tho! It gives me enough coverage without being too heavy or cakey even when my skin gets oily, it stays very matte. I used Clinique's Instant Perfector underneath it to minimize the look of pores, control oil, and help with the wear of the foundation. it works great! So far I have only used this product in the winter, but I'm thinking it will be good for summer as well since it is lighter coverage than what I normally wear.