October 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my second bottle of this stuff - I got the first bottle on my birthday last year, just had another birthday and only just finished it... Only to be gifted with another! So it lasts forever = good value for money considering it is pretty pricey. Also, it doesn't make my hair greasy despite the fact that it's oil. I can put heaps in my hair and it won't make it slick at all, unlike pretty much any other product that touches my oil prone hair. My hair is course and it helps to smooth out the frizziness and makes my hair soft, shiney and healthy looking. I absolutely love this stuff and hope that I'll get another bottle next year too!

Update: I am still using this product, I've been using it for around 3 years now. It continues to keep my hair soft and shiny and I often get compliments on the glossiness of my hair. It also prevents heat damage as I straighten it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Flickerini

I love love love this stuff. One of the very best products I have ever come across. I have long, fairly thick hair with a natural wave. I swim and go to the gym a lot so I have to wash my hair at least once a day and it can get dry and frizzy, becoming very hard to style. I use about a 5-10p size amount of the oil onto the lengths and ends of my hair before drying and it transforms it into silky, shiny waves instead of a dull frizz! Not sure if it speeds up drying time, maybe a little. I ran out recently and put off buying more as it IS expensive (28.00); I tried Argan oil from Boots - but it didn't really do anything for me, so I gritted my teeth and got Moroccanoil once more and am now wondering why I waited! I love the smell too - it's sweet but not sickly or overpowering. Also it now comes with a pump dispenser which makes it much easier and less messy to use. The last bottle I had lasted me for months as you don't need much at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only oil treatment that i've tried that actually absorbs into my hair. Previously I had been using CHI Silk Infusion and I had thought that it was great. After trying Moroccan Oil about six months ago I gave my CHI stash away to a friend. I have long, thick, chemically damaged hair that has an unruly wave. If I go without Moroccan Oil my hair turns into an static bird's nest. I just can't even describe the difference this product makes with my hair. I'll never be without it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worthless. I bought this because everyone at my salon was raving about it. They claimed that it made your hair soft and luxurious without weighing it down. Boy was I an idiot for believing the hype. I have thin and limp hair, so I thought my salvation was in a $50 product of hair product. Was i ever wrong. My hair looked OK for the first few days of use, but then my hair became "immune" to it, and started to look crappy again. Yesterday was my last straw. I used it before my normal blow dry, and my hair totally took in the damage from the heat. It looked frizzy and my split ends were obnoxiously obvious. I would understand such results from a cheap drugstore product, but this? Come on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I have thick long dense 4a/b textured hair and using this product made my hair so much easier to straighten. I wasn't really worried about using to much. I bought the smallest bottle to try and used about half of it for one session and long with MOP pomade. It smells great, detangles nicely and keeps my hair moisturized.

Im not a fan of the packaging. Its a glass bottle with a twist top. It really should have a pump. I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really do not feel that much of a difference when I use and when I do not use this product ...
I have long thick coarse Asian hair and it helps a little bit with the frizz and untangling. My hair also feels a little fluffier and airier, but that is it. I noticed these results using on dry hair and when the weather is also dry. Using it with damp hair was no good for me and did not see any difference in cutting the drying time either.
I consider this a leave-in finishing product but never a treatment. As an oil treatment that really nourishes and hydrates the hair I would recommend the Trichup Oil (from India). To use the same way as the MO I would say Tsubaki (camellia) oil is just as good and costs half of the price.
Just got mine because I ve been to Israel and a 100ml bottle only costs 23 dollars over there.
I will never purchase it again because the results do not justify its price.
The only thing I really like is the smell. Although it does not linger on the hair long enough, I can smell it on my hands. Very 80s but kind of cheers me up !!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Kavila1

LOVE!! a little goes a long way with this product. Tames my long, frizzy hair and leaves it smooth and glossy. I also use it on my body for a soft glow as it leaves my skin super soft too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for years. Never have been very excited about it, until yesterday. I found the REAL purpose for it :

IT DETANGLES.

WOW. I am ENDLESSLY on the hunt for detangler. One that is not too heavy, its like trying to find a unicorn. I have tried sprays, leave ins etc.. I have fine shoulder length wavy / curly hair that I straighten and its colored / highlighted.

WOW. Put it on tangly hair wet just-out-of-the-shower hair, combed right through. Blow dried straight with just a vent brush, didn't have to straight iron, REALLY helped with the frizziness. I have some broken hair towards my scalp that sometimes pop up, this smoothed everything down, and its not heavy. I normally wash 2x a week, sometimes 3, I don't like heavy stuff on my hair. This is light enough. I don't use the light version, just normal, and I don't use much. Sometimes I smooth on ends after hair is dry, it helps add weight to my fine hair, but its not heavy. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought 100ml of this for 25 when I got a dramatic haircut. My hair is mid back, frizzy, wavy/curly 2c, very thick and pretty dry. The salon I went to use the whole moroccanoil range. The stylist put this on my hair before blowdrying and before straightening. It left my hair feeling as though heat hadn't been near it. Yes, it's full of cones, but my hair seems to do ok with them so I don't avoid silicone in general.

Usually straightening my hair lasts less than a day before slight waves make an appearance. When I use this before and/or after my GHDs, my hair is still sleek, straight and flat (my hair seems to grow out not down so I worship flat hair!) for two days after. It makes my straightening as good as a professionals.

Would have rated it 5 overall, but it really is hideously overpriced. If it was pure Argan oil I could understand....but silicone doesn't cost that much ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ended up giving this away. It really didn't do anything for my hair, didn't make it more manageable or seemingly more healthy no matter how I used it (and I never seemed to be able to use enough on the ends to make a difference) but it didn't weigh it down or make it greasy. Granted, my hair doesn't respond to much to things like this and it tends to just drink this kind of stuff, so I suppose it isn't much of a surprise.
Packing is ok. The larger bottle is heavy glass with a reclosable pump bottle (yet mine still leaked). The smaller travel/sample size is also glass with a screw on cap.
This is coming from a fan of incense: the scent was something I enjoyed initially but it quickly became overpowering and gross...sort of a mildew, earthy, head shop kind of scent. (I'd far prefer something fresh smelling on my hair.)
My hair: bsl, very damaged bottom 2 inches, the rest is color treated but healthy, shiny, soft. poofy, fine waves. continued >>