July 30, 2014 | 1969 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I have thick long dense 4a/b textured hair and using this product made my hair so much easier to straighten. I wasn't really worried about using to much. I bought the smallest bottle to try and used about half of it for one session and long with MOP pomade. It smells great, detangles nicely and keeps my hair moisturized.

Im not a fan of the packaging. Its a glass bottle with a twist top. It really should have a pump. I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really do not feel that much of a difference when I use and when I do not use this product ...
I have long thick coarse Asian hair and it helps a little bit with the frizz and untangling. My hair also feels a little fluffier and airier, but that is it. I noticed these results using on dry hair and when the weather is also dry. Using it with damp hair was no good for me and did not see any difference in cutting the drying time either.
I consider this a leave-in finishing product but never a treatment. As an oil treatment that really nourishes and hydrates the hair I would recommend the Trichup Oil (from India). To use the same way as the MO I would say Tsubaki (camellia) oil is just as good and costs half of the price.
Just got mine because I ‘ve been to Israel and a 100ml bottle only costs 23 dollars over there.
I will never purchase it again because the results do not justify its price.
The only thing I really like is the smell. Although it does not linger on the hair long enough, I can smell it on my hands. Very 80’s but kind of cheers me up !!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Kavila1

LOVE!! a little goes a long way with this product. Tames my long, frizzy hair and leaves it smooth and glossy. I also use it on my body for a soft glow as it leaves my skin super soft too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for years. Never have been very excited about it, until yesterday. I found the REAL purpose for it :

IT DETANGLES.

WOW. I am ENDLESSLY on the hunt for detangler. One that is not too heavy, its like trying to find a unicorn. I have tried sprays, leave ins etc.. I have fine shoulder length wavy / curly hair that I straighten and its colored / highlighted.

WOW. Put it on tangly hair wet just-out-of-the-shower hair, combed right through. Blow dried straight with just a vent brush, didn't have to straight iron, REALLY helped with the frizziness. I have some broken hair towards my scalp that sometimes pop up, this smoothed everything down, and its not heavy. I normally wash 2x a week, sometimes 3, I don't like heavy stuff on my hair. This is light enough. I don't use the light version, just normal, and I don't use much. Sometimes I smooth on ends after hair is dry, it helps add weight to my fine hair, but its not heavy. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought 100ml of this for Ģ25 when I got a dramatic haircut. My hair is mid back, frizzy, wavy/curly 2c, very thick and pretty dry. The salon I went to use the whole moroccanoil range. The stylist put this on my hair before blowdrying and before straightening. It left my hair feeling as though heat hadn't been near it. Yes, it's full of cones, but my hair seems to do ok with them so I don't avoid silicone in general.

Usually straightening my hair lasts less than a day before slight waves make an appearance. When I use this before and/or after my GHDs, my hair is still sleek, straight and flat (my hair seems to grow out not down so I worship flat hair!) for two days after. It makes my straightening as good as a professionals.

Would have rated it 5 overall, but it really is hideously overpriced. If it was pure Argan oil I could understand....but silicone doesn't cost that much ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ended up giving this away. It really didn't do anything for my hair, didn't make it more manageable or seemingly more healthy no matter how I used it (and I never seemed to be able to use enough on the ends to make a difference) but it didn't weigh it down or make it greasy. Granted, my hair doesn't respond to much to things like this and it tends to just drink this kind of stuff, so I suppose it isn't much of a surprise.
Packing is ok. The larger bottle is heavy glass with a reclosable pump bottle (yet mine still leaked). The smaller travel/sample size is also glass with a screw on cap.
This is coming from a fan of incense: the scent was something I enjoyed initially but it quickly became overpowering and gross...sort of a mildew, earthy, head shop kind of scent. (I'd far prefer something fresh smelling on my hair.)
My hair: bsl, very damaged bottom 2 inches, the rest is color treated but healthy, shiny, soft. poofy, fine waves. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have ever used for my long, frizzy, wavy hair. I don't chemically treat my hair and barely blow style or use heat on it, but the texture is still frizzy. This makes my hair soft, extremely shiny, and completely frizz-free. Even though this is expensive, around 50 dollars for 3.4 ounces, it is worth the money to have smooth hair. I used this all summer last year, and still have half a bottle, since a nickel size amount works. This works wonders for the ends of my hair, which are more frizzy than the rest of my hair. I begin at the ends and work my way to the roots, so there's less product at the root.

This does make my wavy hair less wavy, so it slightly straightens my hair, which is a problem if I want wavy beach hair in the summer. I received a lot of compliments from strangers. In the winter, it's a little too greasy for my hair, but I don't have frizz problems as much in winter, so the Moroccanoil cream works well in winter.

I recommend this product to anyone who has thick, frizzy hair. They also make a "light" version, so if this is too heavy, then try the lighter version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when Moroccanoil became available in my country. I had seen all these reviews on blogs and youtube for over a year, so I immediately bought the smaller bottle to try it out. And I must say, Iīm disappointed. Not because itīs a bad product, because it isnīt. But I feel that itīs incredibly overpriced (almost 40 Euros for the normal bottle, and 14.95 Euros for the smaller one). I can get a bottle of 100 ml pure argan oil for 24 Euros, so I feel pretty ripped off. In addition. this product is mostly sillicone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sillicone in hair products, but I do mind the fact that it's marketed for the argan oil it contains, while that isn't even the main component (and am I the only person who is bothered by the fact that it's called Moroccanoil. and that uniqueness of argan oil because it can only be grown in Morocco and blablabla is emphasized, while it's actually made in Israel?). As for it's performance, I'm underwhelmed. I know I shouldn't be, because I have used plenty of sillicone based serums that contained plant oils, so I know how they work. But this one is just so expensive and it doesn't perform any better than for example, my Gliss Kur Oil Nutritive Spray (which is only 6 Euros). It's not a bad serum. it makes my har nice and soft and shiny and everything, but it's nothing special. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Liane86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I have long, dry, damaged hair and this makes it feel so soft and look so shiney! Also smells sooo good! I haven't been wearing perfume lately because I have a 2 moth 'old, who is close to me a lot, and since I've been using this people started complimenting me and asking me which perfume I am wearing. It's really expensive, but so is perfume, and that doesn't do anything other than smell good.. This is defenitely a keeper, my hair has never looked so good. Oh, and the best part is; it doesn't make your hair greasy or weigh it down at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Shawneegirl

I have fine, thick, curly hair. I used Moroccanoil products for almost 3 years and couldn't say a bad thing about them. But, then after a while it seems I started to need more and more product (Frizz control cream and the oil) to make the frizz go away. In addition to needing more product I started to find my sclap was becoming very irritated. No matter if I washed more or less it was really becoming a problem. Needless to say I have moved on, and though I do miss the smell I am very happy with my new product and how my hair and scalp feel.