October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair stylist told me I had build up in my hair so I searched all over the internet for a color safe, clarifying shampoo. I came across some articles that stated you could mix baking soda in with your shampoo and it will clarify you hair and is relatively safe for color treated hair. So I took washed my hair first with shampoo then I mixed about a tablespoon in with another shampoo application and applied it like I normally do. Scrubbed the roots all the way to the ends but I let it sit on there for 2-3 minutes. When I rinsed it out my hair felt squeaky clean! I went on with my regular routine by adding conditioner and it felt awesome when I was finished. I had no idea I even had build up in my hair but after washing it like this I could definitely tell a difference. I had been using a sulfate free shampoo for a few months so I think that was a culprit. While I will continue to use the sulfate free shampoo, I will do this baking soda routine once every two to three weeks depending on how greasy my hair gets.. I don't want to wash out my color but I am definitely enjoying a cleaner head of hair!

I also read you could use it to exfoliate your skin, even your face. Haven't been brave enough to try that yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by staceyalberta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE baking soda....love it love it.

~ use it instead of shampoo leaves my hair nice & clean for days
~ use it as a facial scrub as described above about once a week
~ my son uses it as a facial scrub he's 10 & starting to get a little acne around his nose keeps it nice & clear

around my home:
~ clean my bath tub
~ clean my pots & sink
~ clean my stove top

I'm sure there are more ways i use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I've been contemplating whether or not I should try it, but I thought why not? Last night, I thoroughly mixed 1 tbs of baking soda with 1 cup of water, poured it into a water bottle, splashed it onto my head while showering, and I came out with incredibly clean hair. My hair was voluminous, shiny, and felt like it had just been cleaned with actual shampoo. Highly recommend.

Last night was the first night I tried using baking soda as a shampoo, so I will update if I find any flaws. Not going back to using shampoo until I find any.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

did not work for me. i have eczema and this really irritated it. it did make my skin feel soft and clean. i wish my skin would let me use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I used this with a gentle cleanser ( as suggested by a previous reviewer) and had great results. My skin was oil-free and looked brighter and fresher. My face also felt smoother. Makeup went on more evenly. Will definitely use again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I tried using baking soda only once but it stings a bit & I found
it harsh for my skin that i was afraid my skin will be hurted . so I never repeat it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

My house hold buys baking soda in bulk at Costco so the packaging is a large resealable bag. Its not a bad design for house hold chore use, but I put a smaller ammount into a plastic tupperware for cosmetic use.

My skin is oily in summer and combo to normal in winter. I find that I can use this almost daily as an exfoliator for my face. All I do is wet my face, press my wet fingers onto a small pile of dry baking soda and rub my face gently. I concentrate on problem areas, nose, chin and cheeks and only lightly rub the rest of my face. I add more baking soda or water depending on how intense I want my scrub to be.

I have acne and I dont know if baking soda helps my acne. I do know that I have fewer clogged pores, blackheads and pimples when I scrub with baking soda regularly. I stopped for about 2-3 weeks, I can be forgetfull, and was supprised at the condition of my skin. I had more small blemishes and clogged pores than normal, I couldnt figure out why. I remembered baking soda and started using it again religiously, sometimes 2x a day. Most mornings I use just baking soda & skip the cleanser. Why strip my skin of natural oils when all Ive been doing is sleeping. (I know your face gets dirty when your sleeping, but not nearly as dirty as after running around and being outside for a day + makeup)

I love it. It can be a tiny bit drying but just follow up with a moisturizer, I use Jojoba oil and I am left with glowing baby soft skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

it reduced my black heads but it's a little bit drying ao i use it only once or twice a week as a scrub. It's cheap but it works great! will give u super soft skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very handy to have around the house - and also a decent zit zapper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Baking soda is a fantastic scrub for the face, hands and body. Just mix it with water and/or liquid cleanser and gently massage it in. However, be sure that you use a LIGHT TOUCH and don't scrub. Overzealous use of this or any exfoliant can be too harsh and will abrade and irritate the skin. Use once a week at first to get a feel for how often your skin can handle it. Of course, avoid any sensitive areas, such as the eyes and genitals.