March 1, 2015 | 2003 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by angela239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this in a little cleanser and it does help keep the pores minimized!I put it in my hair to help removed build up once,twice a week.Good stuff!
I see results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use baking soda to brush my teeth and add it to a cleanser to exfoliate. I know it has many other uses that i got to try out...especially for the hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by nicoleee317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a spot treatment for whenever I pick at my face or a pimple is coming up. I use it over night and it seems to prevent anything from getting worse. It will also dry up some of my acne. Once in a while I will exfoliate my face with it but I don't do it too often since I've heard it isn't good to put on your face so I don't use this everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by shipley86

Made me break out with cystic acne on my cheeks and forehead. It's really bad... I hope I can recover from this :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair stylist told me I had build up in my hair so I searched all over the internet for a color safe, clarifying shampoo. I came across some articles that stated you could mix baking soda in with your shampoo and it will clarify you hair and is relatively safe for color treated hair. So I took washed my hair first with shampoo then I mixed about a tablespoon in with another shampoo application and applied it like I normally do. Scrubbed the roots all the way to the ends but I let it sit on there for 2-3 minutes. When I rinsed it out my hair felt squeaky clean! I went on with my regular routine by adding conditioner and it felt awesome when I was finished. I had no idea I even had build up in my hair but after washing it like this I could definitely tell a difference. I had been using a sulfate free shampoo for a few months so I think that was a culprit. While I will continue to use the sulfate free shampoo, I will do this baking soda routine once every two to three weeks depending on how greasy my hair gets.. I don't want to wash out my color but I am definitely enjoying a cleaner head of hair!

I also read you could use it to exfoliate your skin, even your face. Haven't been brave enough to try that yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by staceyalberta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE baking soda....love it love it.

~ use it instead of shampoo leaves my hair nice & clean for days
~ use it as a facial scrub as described above about once a week
~ my son uses it as a facial scrub he's 10 & starting to get a little acne around his nose keeps it nice & clear

around my home:
~ clean my bath tub
~ clean my pots & sink
~ clean my stove top

I'm sure there are more ways i use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I've been contemplating whether or not I should try it, but I thought why not? Last night, I thoroughly mixed 1 tbs of baking soda with 1 cup of water, poured it into a water bottle, splashed it onto my head while showering, and I came out with incredibly clean hair. My hair was voluminous, shiny, and felt like it had just been cleaned with actual shampoo. Highly recommend.

Last night was the first night I tried using baking soda as a shampoo, so I will update if I find any flaws. Not going back to using shampoo until I find any.

EDIT (Dec 30, 2014): Solely using baking soda appears to make the hair oil worse! My hair doesn't feel clean afterwards. It feels heavier & thicker in a bad, unclean way. I really wanted it to work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

did not work for me. i have eczema and this really irritated it. it did make my skin feel soft and clean. i wish my skin would let me use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I used this with a gentle cleanser ( as suggested by a previous reviewer) and had great results. My skin was oil-free and looked brighter and fresher. My face also felt smoother. Makeup went on more evenly. Will definitely use again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I tried using baking soda only once but it stings a bit & I found
it harsh for my skin that i was afraid my skin will be hurted . so I never repeat it