Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 9/28/2011 5:47:00 AM

First off, let me say this is the exact same thing as the Grapefruit Body Wash. Do not be fooled. I've compared the ingredients as well as the texture. So if you're looking for more bang for your buck, go ahead and purchase the body wash because it contains more. I use this on my face as well as my chest and back. Very multi purpose product.
Now, onto the review. The scent is grapefruit, all right. At times when I use this, I smell that "B.O." smell. But I've gotten used to it now so it hardly bothers me.
I'm not really a fan of the squeeze tube because if you store this in your shower, the cap will collect water in it. But, because it is stored upside down it makes it a lot easier to get that last bit of product out (as opposed to the body wash which is stored upright and leaks product if stored upside down).
This has "exfoliating" beads in it which do absolutely nothing so do not expect to have an exfoliated face from this "scrub". This is more of a gel cleanser with some beads in it to boost sales and mislead consumers.
This does contain 2% Salicyc Acid and it will make your skin more dry, like most acne care products (this is how they work, people, so stop your whining & complaining!). If you moisturize your skin, it will become used to this product and adjust to it in two or so weeks.
I've found this helps to keep my skin clear along with using benzoyl peroxide, baking soda and birth control. Everyone is different and so what works for me might not work for you.

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks, it really dry's my skin out. After I use it my skin feel elastic it's actually so dry to the point were its difficult to move my eye brows. It defiantly over dries and I think it has been causing me to break out more because I didn't hardly have any acne but now I am breaking out on my chin and fore head. Defiantly do not recommend this.

on 9/4/2011 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My friend introduced this product to me, and her face is always clear. So i figured i should try this pruduct out because i've used Neutrogena face washes before and they have always worked for me. I use this one, and i feel all these tiny bumps on my face after one use. It's like all my pores are visible on my face. I try it a second time and same thing. I probably just have sensitive skin, or this stuff makes me break out. I recommend this product to all teenage girls. The smell is vibrant, the scrub penetrates deep into the pores, however, this product is not for skin type like my own.

on 9/3/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this with the face wash. The face wash was horrendous but the scrub was OK. I can't say it caused me as much dryness as the face wash but it did burn just like the face wash and I used them both together. The scrub however was the lesser evil. The scrub particles were OK - not too harsh not too abrasive. But the formulation I would say is just as similar as the face wash.The face wash caused me agony and the scrub added to it. I would not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Grapefruit Acne Wash is an amazing face wash. I use it twice a day and my face is clear, almost all the time. It has beads that scrub all the dirt and dead skin of your face, while grapefruit wakes you up, and clean your skin. It is by far, my most favourite face wash. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has mild acne. The one thing I would warn you about is that you CANNOT use any other face wash, because it dries your face out. As long as it's your only face wash, it won't dry you out,.

on 8/22/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

sooooo drying, and at the time i purchased my skin was extremely oily, i couldnt wear makeup for a little more than a week, and no matter how much i moisturized it just stayed. I do not wish dry skin like that upon anyone. Would not repurchase.

i would buy this again but only if their was absoultly no more face washes available its not terrible but it didnt do anything really my face was kinda dry but that would go away in like 10 minutes because my face is very oily it didnt make acne nor did it make one of my pimples dissapear maybe a couple but not alot i love the smell i didnt like ppaying ten for it when i could get the apricot scrub from st ives which is amazing so overall i gave it 3 out of 5 because the smell and it didnt irratate nor did it give me acne but it did leave me with a fresh cleaning !

I first purchased this product several months ago and have seen a few changes. I use this product with the Pink Grapefruit oil-free acne facial wash. I use this about 3 times a week and the rest of the time I use the facial wash. They both seem to eliminate a lot of the oils from my face, but can also be a little over-drying. It's best to use this product before moisturizing at night and then use a nice thicker moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out overnight. I haven't seen a huge difference as far as blemishes go. I don't break out very often, every now and then I get a pimple here or there but I'm not sure if that is because of this or if that's just how my skin is. However, I do get quite a few blackheads on my nose and this didn't really do anything for them. The scrub smells AMAZING though, lathers up nicely, the packaging is okay...I've traveled with it and it didn't explode. Overall, this is a good product for someone with combination or oily skin because it willl get rid of the oil, but if you're looking for something to control your acne, I would keep looking. Still will continue to purchase though!!

on 8/17/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For the first couple days, this scrub was amazing. But then, I started seeing these rash like pimples on my forehead in between my eyebrows. This scrub is way too harsh and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 8/14/2011 11:47:00 AM

i dont get why theres all the negative reviews out here? but for me, this product works good! i have used it for about 4 months now and i still have my occasional breakouts in the T zone of my face, but overall this does a great job at keeping my skin consistently clear! i love the scent it has also its so refreshing in the morning. if you have very acne prone skin and are constantly breaking out, i dont think this product will be good for you. just because it probably wont clear you up completely. but if your skin is like mine, where it tends to be oily and breaks out every now and then, this product should work great for you, like it has for me!