Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

3.0

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 10/22/2011 7:20:00 PM

I bought this thinking it would help with a random breakout that i have had. I have never had sensitive skin and have used many other sailylic acid products with no issues. I used this product wednesday evening, and my face is still puffy, itchy, bumpy- its created tiny tiny barely visible but touchable bumps ALL OVER my face. My face burns if I sweat or when i put moisturizer on STILL. This is so uncomfortable and I will never reccommend this product to anyone!!!!

on 10/16/2011 2:50:00 PM

This product dried out my skin very quickly. My face looked horrible and flaky. Because my skin was dried out my acne actually got worse. When I was younger my skin was able to handle more but now that I am in my twenties I feel that my skin's composition has completely changed. I am going to stick to only gently cleansers and scrubs from now on. Grapefruit is one of my favorite smells, and the smell of the face scrub was nice at least.

on 10/15/2011 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have never re-purchased a face scrub because I always seem to want to try something new but after finishing this product, I may re-consider that.

I think this a great product. I love that the scent is very gentle, and so are the exfoliating beads. I suppose for those looking for something more dramatic this may not be so great. I love that it also gently foams so it doesn't feel harsh on your skin.

It leaves my skin feeling super clean and smooth. Love using this once a week!

on 10/12/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for almost a week and love it. I have oily skin and get white bumps alot on my forehead and break out on my chin. If I don't wash my face everynight I will break out on my cheeks and nose. I was staying with my dad in the hospital for a week and couldn't wash my face every night (but did use Neutrogena wipes to get the make up off) and my skin did not break out which is amazing!! I used this in the morning and sometimes with my Olay spin brush. My skin is slightly sensative so it did itch alittle but most Neutrogena products do that to me except for the clear bar soap. The Rain Bath especially does that! So it gets 5 lippies for not making me red or itch much. I do love the smell and it is definitely refreshing in the morning!!
UPDATE: The sensitivity has gone away and my skin isn't red or itch at all. Still love it!!

on 9/28/2011 5:47:00 AM

First off, let me say this is the exact same thing as the Grapefruit Body Wash. Do not be fooled. I've compared the ingredients as well as the texture. So if you're looking for more bang for your buck, go ahead and purchase the body wash because it contains more. I use this on my face as well as my chest and back. Very multi purpose product.
Now, onto the review. The scent is grapefruit, all right. At times when I use this, I smell that "B.O." smell. But I've gotten used to it now so it hardly bothers me.
I'm not really a fan of the squeeze tube because if you store this in your shower, the cap will collect water in it. But, because it is stored upside down it makes it a lot easier to get that last bit of product out (as opposed to the body wash which is stored upright and leaks product if stored upside down).
This has "exfoliating" beads in it which do absolutely nothing so do not expect to have an exfoliated face from this "scrub". This is more of a gel cleanser with some beads in it to boost sales and mislead consumers.
This does contain 2% Salicyc Acid and it will make your skin more dry, like most acne care products (this is how they work, people, so stop your whining & complaining!). If you moisturize your skin, it will become used to this product and adjust to it in two or so weeks.
I've found this helps to keep my skin clear along with using benzoyl peroxide, baking soda and birth control. Everyone is different and so what works for me might not work for you.

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks, it really dry's my skin out. After I use it my skin feel elastic it's actually so dry to the point were its difficult to move my eye brows. It defiantly over dries and I think it has been causing me to break out more because I didn't hardly have any acne but now I am breaking out on my chin and fore head. Defiantly do not recommend this.

on 9/4/2011 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My friend introduced this product to me, and her face is always clear. So i figured i should try this pruduct out because i've used Neutrogena face washes before and they have always worked for me. I use this one, and i feel all these tiny bumps on my face after one use. It's like all my pores are visible on my face. I try it a second time and same thing. I probably just have sensitive skin, or this stuff makes me break out. I recommend this product to all teenage girls. The smell is vibrant, the scrub penetrates deep into the pores, however, this product is not for skin type like my own.

on 9/3/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this with the face wash. The face wash was horrendous but the scrub was OK. I can't say it caused me as much dryness as the face wash but it did burn just like the face wash and I used them both together. The scrub however was the lesser evil. The scrub particles were OK - not too harsh not too abrasive. But the formulation I would say is just as similar as the face wash.The face wash caused me agony and the scrub added to it. I would not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Grapefruit Acne Wash is an amazing face wash. I use it twice a day and my face is clear, almost all the time. It has beads that scrub all the dirt and dead skin of your face, while grapefruit wakes you up, and clean your skin. It is by far, my most favourite face wash. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has mild acne. The one thing I would warn you about is that you CANNOT use any other face wash, because it dries your face out. As long as it's your only face wash, it won't dry you out,.

on 8/22/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

sooooo drying, and at the time i purchased my skin was extremely oily, i couldnt wear makeup for a little more than a week, and no matter how much i moisturized it just stayed. I do not wish dry skin like that upon anyone. Would not repurchase.