October 31, 2014 | 1428 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Corporate_Stooge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a room refresh spray. Sorry but to me it smells cheap, like the $14.99 I paid for a 1.7 oz eau de perfum bottle at TJ Maxx. Maybe I am just too old for it. I will stick to my Chanel #5 Eau Premiere. At least I never paid full price for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by memorgan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

A girl sat next to me and smelled fantastic. I had to ask her what she was wearing. When she told me JS Fancy, I cringed. I generally like higher end perfumes, Serge Lutens, Creed, L'Artisan etc. I shy away from the drug store Brittney, Paris Hilton garbage. But, this perfume is absolutely lovely! I couldn't stop thinking about it, and even tried it on multiple times before I bought it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste 40 bucks or so. I ended up buying it at CVS for 25 dollars. It is very pretty, has decent staying power, and changes beautifully over the entire 2 to 3 hours that it lasts. It is gourmand at first, then powdery, then soft and cozy. I love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I NEVER buy anything that smells like vanilla and in many of the reviews on here many people relate it directly to that scent, but it is that yet somehow different and so much more yummy. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of foody smells as it just has such a strong warmth that is reminiscent of fresh baked goodies. I plan to invest in the lotion as well so that I can layer this, although it does hold for quite a bit on fabrics its staying power is not as long on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragrance! It has such an infusion of lovely fruits and flowers, mixed with sandalwood and almonds. There is apricot nectar, pear and jasmine, and much, much more! It is a heady and delightful fragrance that catches the senses and then stays around awhile so you can enjoy it. I have this in the fragrance, purse fragrance, and lotion. I did not think I would go for celebrity fragrances, but I have gone for this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup1963

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had this perfume since it first came out. i got a sample at Ulta and absolutely loved it!!!! I generally do not wear perfume, but i make an exception for this. I get SO MANY compliments on it that I can't believe it. I can't wait to try her new one, Fancy Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I got the tester of this from fragrancex.com (GREAT prices!) on the rec of another MUAer. I LOVE vanilla and gourmands. My favorites are L by Lolita Lempika and the butterfly parfum by Hane Mori. I thought I would adore this but it misses the mark a bit for me and all I can think of is body chemistry must be playing a part in this unsucecsful love affair.

Its sweet which I love and has that gentle hint of powder I seem to like in frgarances. Unfortunately, the florals which no one else seems to smell much are VERY prominent on my skin. Combined with the sweetness it sort of makes an "unwashed skin" scent on me...very odd like deoderant thats starting to wear off. It becomes wearble only a half hour -an hour after I spray it on.

:( Disappointing because in the bottle it smells delicious and the bottle itself is just so pretty and feminine. :( I will have to stick with Hane Mori for my foody floral fix a while longer i guess.

UPDATE 11.09.09

I am now wearing this again. For whatever reason its beautiful in cold weather. That BO scent doesnt form-just beautiful sweetness and a podwery edge. Still not an HG but its def pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by allisonnsteve123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A friend at work had this in the roll on and asked if i liked it. I didn't at first, but about 10minutes after i put it on I loved it! I went and got the gift set (on sale for around 40 after tax) and I have had a lot of compliments. I do get a slightly vanilla scent, which I do not normally like but this one is not too strong vanilla for me. I noticed some of the reviewers did not smell the vanilla. I smell like a powdery soft sweet on me, and my fiance really likes it. Very ladylike. I have had some comments at work, some saying you smell nice today, some saying I smell vanilla what is that, but everyone has liked it. (so im not the only one who notes the vanilla) Gave it a 4 because I dont love how it smells until it settles on the skin, and I have noticed some burning when I apply it to my very sensitive skin. (no rash yet though, after 2 weeks and the lotion does not cause burning- i cant wear any b&bw lotions bc of burning)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

As others have mentioned, this one is another gourmand, sweet, vanilla scent. I can't seem get enough of it at the moment - yummy. I'm also a fan of Pink Sugar, Fantasy, etc... and it's definitely in the same category as these, although each still has it's own unique smell to me. I do love this scent but find it slightly too overwhelming sometimes. I find I cannot wear it every day and only need a small spray of it. It's quite a strong juice.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LolitaLempickalover

I don't like the bottle and I think Jess is years too late on making this perfume she should have had it come out back when Brit's fragrances were first coming out.It just seems like a copy cat fragrance and it is like not all that.yeah,it has got lasting power but then again most sweet fragrances do last longer than florals so that don't mean a thing! But it is just a copy cat scent and I am not the one for all that I will stick with the originals pink sugar and fantasy,thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by paullister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

my bf gave this to me for valentine's day, so i almost had to like it. i really do though. im not a Simpson fan at all, but this fragrance is sweet and subtle enough to wear at school, but not to work ! the smell could be a little overpowering. plus the bottle design is super cute.